After more than twenty years of drinking colloidal silver, daily -

maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 03:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
Do you realize that with prescription medicine we have literally doubled the human life expectancy over any traditional culture. This is even with the unhealthy parts of modern life (e.g. polution and desk jobs). Modern medicine has cut the infant mortality rate more than tenfold and has made once deadly diseases either easily treatable or non-existant.

There is no traditional medicine that comes even close to ability of modern science (including pharmaceuticals) of extending life, treating disease and improving the quality of life.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 04:03 pm
@maxdancona,
Gains in life expectancy worldwide have been greater during lastcentury than at any other time in recorded history.5,6 Statistical analyses show that since the early 1800s life expectancy at birth has seen a linear rate of increase.7
Within this time, it has been human advances in sanitation, increased food supply, improved access to water, and basic preventative medicine that have helped drive these steady increases in the developed world – not pharmaceuticals. The majority of life expectancy gains were made before pharmaceuticals to treat heart attack, stroke and other forms of chronic illness were even developed.

https://www.newdawnmagazine.com/articles/increasing-your-life-expectancy
maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 04:07 pm
@maxdancona,
Raise of hands.... how many people on this thread right now would be literally dead if it weren't for modern medicine (and the pharmaceutical industry). If you are over forty-five... you likely would have been dead because that is the life expectancy in traditional cultures.

Ten years ago I suffered a ruptured appendix. This would have certainly killed me in any other "traditional" culture. And don't say it is the modern lifestyle. People got sick in traditional cultures... and when they did they were much more likely to die than we are.

And likewise... without modern medicine the infant mortality rate was about 20% (and childbearing was a much more dangerous endeavor for mothers). I would likely have one fewer child without modern medicine (due to complications that were treated with drugs). With modern medicine (including the pharmaceuticals) the infant morality rate has dropped to 6 in 1000 (for people with access to this care).

Rejecting modern medicine seems illogical.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 04:24 pm
Modern medicine has made some great advances. My wife is going to have knee replacement surgery in about a month. She took medicine to lower her blood pressure a bit before it could be scheduled. There is common sense use of medicine (science) and the kind of bullshit that attempts to soak up all the funds in your account, with questionable results.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 04:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
It is very clear that modern medicine clears life. Polio, once a scourge to humanity, is now almost non-existent. This isn't due to food supply or cleanliness, it is due to modern medicine.

Leprosy (once a scourge in many traditional cultures) is now cured by antibiotics. People in traditional cultures who had heart disease, simply died. Now there are treatments that unequivocally save lives. People who got cancer in traditional cultures faced almost certain death. Now many people are cured and live normal lives after getting cancer.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 04:42 pm
@maxdancona,
Cherry picking like that highlights some great achievements, but does not hide the truths I have brought out.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2017 05:39 am
I posted this elsewhere, but feel this belongs here:
I was not aware of how ionic silver has been getting disguised as colloidal silver until recently. This explains, in my opinion, why some people mistakenly blame the c silver. I've been reading that many bottles labeled 'colloidal' are mostly ionic. But I use almost exclusively home made stuff anyway.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2017 06:40 pm
Many products on the market today that are labeled as colloidal silver actually consist mostly of ionic silver. Monatomic colloidal silver is another name for ionic silver. Silver Hydrosol is yet another name for ionic silver. Those mostly ionic products advertised as colloidal silver never mention the words ionic silver in their literature or specify what percentage of the total silver in their product is silver ions vs. silver particles. They don't bother to tell you that their product is mostly ionic silver, not silver particles.The fact is, most such products only contain between 1% to 20% (10% typical) of their silver content in the form of silver particles with the majority 80% to 99% in the form of ionic silver.
https://www.purestcolloids.com/ionic.php?partner=11&utm_source=searchalliance&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=TBS%252520-%252520Colloidal%252520Silver%252520Variants%252520-%252520Search&utm_term=ionic%252520silver&stat_campaign=SA-ColloidalSilverIonic-Search&stat_keyword=ionic%252520silver&utm_content=Ionic%252520Silver
Some products advertised as being ionic silver describe their properties in terms of silver particles attempting to confuse the reader into believing in the existence of ionic silver particles. There is no such thing. There are metallic silver particles (nanoparticles) and silver ions, no ionic silver particles. This distinction is very important.
The difference between ionic silver and silver nanoparticles
Ionic silver is not the same as metallic silver nanoparticles . For example, metallic silver is not water soluble (does not dissolve in water) but ionic silver is water soluble (it does dissolve in water). Technically speaking, a silver ion is an atom of silver that is missing one electron. It is the outermost electrons of an atom that determine the physical properties of matter. Take away one electron from a silver atom and you get a silver ion which is water soluble. In its ionic form, silver is highly reactive with other elements which means it will readily combine to form compounds. Ingestion of highly concentrated forms of ionic silver (having a silver concentration of 100 ppm and above) could potentially cause a condition called argyria, a permanent discoloration of the skin.
For those who are interested in the more technical aspects and want to understand the technical terms involved, see the extensive Definition of Terms. Also see the FAQ for answers to common questions about ionic silver. For a more technical discussion about the differences between ions and particles, see Ions, Atoms and Charged Particles.
The importance of silver nanoparticles
Because a true silver colloid consists of silver nanoparticles, not ions. Inside the human body ionic silver quickly combines with chloride to form an insoluble compound called silver chloride which is far less reactive than metallic silver nanoparticles. In fact, ionic silver cannot survive inside the human body. In the digestive tract hydrochloric acid supplies the chloride ions that cause ionic silver to quickly form silver chloride. If some ionic silver were ever able to get into the bloodstream it would encounter a large supply of chloride ions owing to the fact that blood serum is rich in sodium and potassium chloride, again quickly forming silver chloride. Only silver nanoparticles can survive inside the body. Read the detailed study that proves that stomach acid destroys the effectiveness of ionic silver in a study that tested the Effects of HCL (Stomach Acid) on Colloidal and Ionic Silver.
What is silver chloride?
Silver chloride is a compound that is formed when silver ions combine with chloride ions. It is an insoluble compound which means once it is formed in the human body, it remains as a compound and does not dissolve. Silver ions and chloride ions have such a strong attraction for each other that it is almost impossible to keep them apart. Once they find each other they form the silver chloride compound. Because ionic silver forms silver chloride inside the human body it cannot exist as a ionic silver for more than a few seconds. This means that all ionic silver will turn into silver chloride once inside the body. Silver chloride is eliminated by the kidneys and expelled through the urine, but it also has its dangers.
Not only does it fail to provide the benefits that colloidal silver is known for, but more importantly, ingestion of highly concentrated forms of ionic silver having a silver concentration of 100 ppm and above can potentially cause argyria, a permanent discoloration of the skin.
What about silver nanoparticles?
Metallic silver nanoparticles are unaffected by chloride ions and will circulate in the bloodstream where it is believed they work their magic. The particles will slowly be eliminated from the body and do not build up. Since it is the nanoparticles that have been reported to do the important work, it is important to know how much of the colloidal silver product is in the form of nanoparticles. The nanometer size particles of metallic silver that comprise Mesosilver will not cause argyria.
How much of the products is actually silver nanoparticles?
A typical colloidal silver product that is 10 ppm (parts per million) of total silver has 90% of the silver in ionic form and only 10% in nanoparticle form. That means you are getting only 1 ppm of silver nanoparticles in a product advertised as 10 ppm. That is assuming 10% particles. The products that are only 1% nanoparticles, would yield only 0.1 ppm of nanoparticles. It is easy to see that for the greatest effectiveness you want to look for a product that has most of the silver content in the form of nanoparticles not ions.
How to tell if a product is mostly ionic silver
Colloidal silver that is mostly ionic silver looks just like water. It is clear and colorless because silver that is dissolved in water looks just like sugar or salt that is dissolved in water; it looks just like water. Colloidal silver that has a high concentration of silver particles does not look like water because silver particles, even very small particles block light from passing through, making the liquid appear darker. The producers of ionic silver solution will tell you that colloidal silver should look like water. That is because that is what their product looks like. They just don't know how to make a true colloid. You can be sure those companies would be supplying a higher nanoparticle concentration product if they knew how to make it.
Why is ionic silver so prevalent ?
Most products are ionic silver because it is very simple to make. So simple, in fact, a child can do it. All it takes to make ionic silver is a nine volt battery and some silver wire. It is simplicity in the extreme. Most producers do not use a nine volt battery, but a high voltage AC source because it makes a more stable ionic solution. The high voltage AC product is just as simple to make, but takes a little more equipment. In either case, the process is a form of electrolysis. The electrolysis process produces mostly ionic silver and is the process by which the vast majority of companies are producing what they call colloidal silver, but in fact it is mostly an ionic silver solution. It is just like calling a beverage orange juice when it only contains 10% real orange juice and 90% something else. Regardless of claims made to the contrary, if the product is made by electrolysis, it not a true colloid, it is mostly ionic silver. By comparison a true colloid has a high concentration of particles and little or no ionic silver. To make a true colloid is difficult in the extreme. That is why there are so many ionic silver products and only one Mesosilver. To find out the actual ionic silver content of selected products see the Product Reports . Remember, if it looks like water, it is ionic silver, not a true colloidal silver.
For more on this subject be sure to read When is colloidal silver not a colloid?
Don't Be Fooled by TEM Images Used to Promote Ionic Silver Products
Some producers of ionic silver products (masquerading as colloidal silver) use images produced by a Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM) to show what they claim are silver particles in their products. The author believes that the use of TEM images in the promotion of ionic silver products constitutes misleading and deceptive advertising practice.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 07:43 am
https://www.thankyousilver.com/pages/structured-silver-vs-colloidal-silver

I was unaware of structured silver. It's not likely I will experiment with it. Too expensive.
laughoutlood

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 08:57 am
Nothing puts a glint in my eye like a shot of colloidal silver and a pint of bleach chaser in the morning.

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 12:07 pm
@laughoutlood,
Or a good poker up the arse.
laughoutlood

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2018 12:18 am
@edgarblythe,
Ooo err, you could recommend that until you're blue in face but I'd rather just bite the silver bullet and stick the suppository.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2018 06:33 am
@laughoutlood,
Why don't you stop trolling my thread?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 10:13 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

https://www.thankyousilver.com/pages/structured-silver-vs-colloidal-silver

I was unaware of structured silver. It's not likely I will experiment with it. Too expensive.

I read an article yesterday that tells us structured silver, as the new product is labeled, is not so different from ordinary C silver. This by one of the leading sellers of C silver. So the extra expense of structured silver is possibly a personal choice rather than necessity for users.
0 Replies