To achieve truly stupid behavior it takes a bit of brains...

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2017 12:26 pm
Ever notice how it actually takes a bit of smarts to achieve the perfect storm of stupid? That we don’t actually complain much about the stupidest people in our lives, they are busy trying to figure out how clothes and locomotion work while it takes being closer to average to have the tools to achieve truly stupid behavior?

The impetus for this observation are people like Trump, who are frequently called stupid but who I see as being closer to average (so yes, stupid relative to smart people) or a bit above average. I posit that they have just enough smarts to achieve the kind of monumental demonstrated stupidity that we are more likely to see as the true nature of human idiocy. In these cases we are literally better off in the company of a brainless person.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,429 • Replies: 10

centrox

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2017 01:13 pm
If people really are of very low intelligence, it's unkind and pointless to abuse them for their disability. I tend to use the word "stupid" about people who ought to know better, but who wilfully avoid obvious truth because it suits them. Otto Fenichel, in his "The Psychoanalytic Theory of Neurosis" (London 1946), suggests that "people become stupid ad hoc, that is, when they do not want to understand, where understanding would cause anxiety or guilt feeling, or would endanger an existing neurotic equilibrium." Also, Doris Lessing wrote in "Under My Skin", that ""there is no fool like an intellectual ... a kind of clever stupidity, bred out of a line of logic in the head, nothing to do with experience."

I have also noticed that quite often people who I think are OK intelligence-wise, are called "dumb" or "slow" by some other people. I am not very good at telling if people are of low intelligence, unless it is really marked, and even then, they often have interesting things to say.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2017 01:51 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Hubris. People are emotional creatures, but emotion and ego tend to get in the way of the smarts of these people more than it does for others.
cameronleon

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 02:20 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
Ever notice how it actually takes a bit of smarts to achieve the perfect storm of stupid? That we don’t actually complain much about the stupidest people in our lives, they are busy trying to figure out how clothes and locomotion work while it takes being closer to average to have the tools to achieve truly stupid behavior?

The impetus for this observation are people like Trump, who are frequently called stupid but who I see as being closer to average (so yes, stupid relative to smart people) or a bit above average. I posit that they have just enough smarts to achieve the kind of monumental demonstrated stupidity that we are more likely to see as the true nature of human idiocy. In these cases we are literally better off in the company of a brainless person.

Such is an interesting appreciation from your part.

I assume that you have made a similar attempt by checking the behavior of, lets say, president Clinton, president Bush, and president Obama; and later comparing their behavior together with president Trump.

To me, when I do so, from those four presidents, I find president Obama as the president with the most dangerous behavior, which is stupid initiatives.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 02:33 pm
@InfraBlue,
I agree with this--President Plump's arrogance and completely unwarranted sense of entitlement are his stumbling blocks.
0 Replies

cameronleon

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2017 09:40 am
@centrox,
Quote:
If people really are of very low intelligence, it's unkind and pointless to abuse them for their disability. I tend to use the word "stupid" about people who ought to know better, but who wilfully avoid obvious truth because it suits them. Otto Fenichel, in his "The Psychoanalytic Theory of Neurosis" (London 1946), suggests that "people become stupid ad hoc, that is, when they do not want to understand, where understanding would cause anxiety or guilt feeling, or would endanger an existing neurotic equilibrium." Also, Doris Lessing wrote in "Under My Skin", that ""there is no fool like an intellectual ... a kind of clever stupidity, bred out of a line of logic in the head, nothing to do with experience."

Some people obtain intellect by causes other than acquiring knowledge for own benefit to be shared with others. Ego always is first, and nothing wrong with that. Ego that refuses to share with others is the "negative and harmful" behavior.

Lets see president Obama.

Born from a white woman married with a Muslim black man. In those years, such was an aberration, unacceptable by most of US society, a sure case for discrimination.

This is the environment where president Obama grew up. A silenced but existing discrimination against him and his mother and father.

Young Barack Hussein Obama decided to combat such a discrimination, obtaining knowledge and work to end such status of discrimination in society.

But, as a young person with lots of troubles trying to find the way to reach and fulfill his goals, he stumbled in many occasions, and he looked for a kind of revenge: witness who saw young Barack Hussein Obama in the gay club in Chicago, say that he enjoyed older white men performing oral sex on him. This is to say, he wanted to "humiliate" somehow the ones he considered "his enemies".

His best ability was to be a great orator.

And this is why president Donald Trumop can't be compared with Hitler or Mussolini, because president Donald Trump is a great president but he is not an orator.

The greatest dictators in history were always great orators.

Senator Barack Obama used his skills to obtain the most powerful position in a country, which is to be the president.

His speeches, when you review them, you laugh of his nonsense.

He first promised to each American that they will have the same health insurance similar to the one Congressmen have. Days later he changed his mind and never repeated such a foolish promise.

He used and abused his same words of "organizing" and the Moon in his speeches.

Quote:
It was the call of workers who organized, women who reached for the ballot, a president who chose the moon as our new frontier, and a king who took us to the mountaintop and pointed the way to the promised land: Yes, we can, to justice and equality.

Quote:
It grew strength from the young people who rejected the myth of their generation's apathy; who left their homes and their families for jobs that offered little pay and less sleep; it grew strength from the not-so-young people who braved the bitter cold and scorching heat to knock on the doors of perfect strangers; from the millions of Americans who volunteered, and organized, and proved that more than two centuries later, a government of the people, by the people and for the people has not perished from the Earth...

...A man touched down on the Moon, a wall came down in Berlin, a world was connected by our own science and imagination. And this year, in this election, she touched her finger to a screen, and cast her vote, because after 106 years in America, through the best of times and the darkest of hours, she knows how America can change. Yes, we can.

A great orator who was smart enough to include even "gays" in his speeches, in order to show that he defends "women and homosexuals" together or mixed with "minorities".

Of course, he did nothing for blacks, for women just judge Sotomayor.

Here the good and bad from president's Obama administration

https://www.ringoffireradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ObamasNumbers-2015-Q2-391x1024.png

In the attempt to portrait the "stupid" as not capable to understand by own will. Example, the immigration law.

It is understood that if the law says Stop sign means press the brake pedal and stop the car before continuing, unless emergency vehicles or special but rare occasions, the law stands.

President Obama ignored the process that were settled by the pioneers of this great nation, which is to obey the law regardless of whom you are. Neither a regular citizen nor the same president of the nation are allowed to disobey the law.

But, stupidity causes you to refuse understanding and makes you a dictator.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/boehner-obama-is-acting-like-a-king/

Quote:
Ahead of President Obama's primetime address to the nation regarding immigration reform, House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, released a video statement slamming the president's decision to act unilaterally.

"Instead of working together to fix our broken immigration system, the president says he's acting on his own. But that is just not how our democracy works," Boehner says in the brief video.

Compare the stupid behavior of president Obama in contrast with the right thing to do, which is giving the cases of immigration to Congress, which is by law what it corresponds.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/09/05/trump-congress-do-your-job-daca-immigration-replacement-plan/632191001/

Quote:
WASHINGTON – President Trump on Tuesday began winding down an Obama-era immigration program designed to protect undocumented immigrants who were brought into the United States as children, but invited Congress to preserve it through legislation within six months.

President Trump is far away of being a dictator like it were governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and president Barack Obama.

President Trump is not stupid to be controlled by private corporations and black mailers as there were governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and president Barack Obama.

Neither president Barack Obama and governor Arnold Schwarzenegger have shown remorse for their dictatorial behavior.

Their cleaver stupidity caused harm to the country, because they taught with their wrong actions that "corruption is OK".

A good study about the personalities of the presidents will show that presidents Bill Clinton, George Bush and Barack Obama were great orators and politicians, but their administrations were full of corruption.

On the other hand, president Donald Trump is not a politician and neither a great orator, but in his administration he is showing more honesty than his predecessors.

As being not a politician, he says what is inside his heart, while president Obama used to say beautiful lies he never felt inside.

As human, president Donald Trump identifies with a regular American who feels free to say what he thinks at that moment.

President Donald Trump is not stupid but a person who knows what freedom in reality is.

If you don't know what freedom is, I will give you an example.

A friend of yours invites you to his party. You don't like the parties he makes in his house, so you make an excuse, saying that you already have other plans, you are visiting your aunt who is sick and in the hospital, you will find the right excuse. In other words, you are imitating the great politicians as Bill Clinton, George Bush and Barack Obama.

But, you are honest with your friend, and after the invitation you say, you just don't want to go to his party, you don't like the music he plays and the food served. And you say thanks for the invitation anyway.

The first message of this topic is an attempt to insult president Donald Trump " thru views of psychology ".

A deep review will show that the former presidents fit more properly in the "stupid" category than president Trump.

At the end, no president fits "perfection", but seeing fanatic liberals trying to attack president Trump with all means, it really shows how stupid they have become to be.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2017 11:00 am
What do you think, sports fans? An informal survey--is camperlion a Russian? Certainly it is not a native speaker of English. The "logic" of what it posts is usually hilarious. So, Russian or just pro-Plump agent provocateur?
engineer

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2017 01:10 pm
@Setanta,
I always figured katsung47 was our resident Russian, although no reason we can't have more than one.
Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2017 04:34 pm
@engineer,
He may be, but we've had a lot of them over the years. Most have registered to make one rant, and never to appear under that ID again. Here are some of the fora from Russian trolls and FSB propagandists:

https://able2know.org/forum/fsb_propaganda/

https://able2know.org/forum/russian_propaganda/

There used to be a lot of threads that I tagged "FSB troll," but only one of them survives now. Pro-Russian propaganda has been posted at this site almost since the beginning. The fora above only go back to about 2015, though.
0 Replies

cameronleon

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 09:21 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
What do you think, sports fans? An informal survey--is camperlion a Russian? Certainly it is not a native speaker of English. The "logic" of what it posts is usually hilarious. So, Russian or just pro-Plump agent provocateur?

Ebat!
0 Replies

cameronleon

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 09:42 am
@Setanta,
What do you think, sports fans? An informal survey--is Setanta

a bull terrier without shaving?
https://static.thetoptens.com/img/lists/2853.jpg
a Chinese crested dog in a bad day?
https://static.thetoptens.com/img/lists/21469.jpg
a Mexican hairless dog with a wig in its avatar?
https://static.thetoptens.com/img/lists/20472.jpg

Come on guys, it won't take much brain to imitate the stupidities made by Setanta...

0 Replies