Is Sociology a Worthless Field of Study

nycdad

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2021 10:29 pm

Today, almost 60% of all jobs in the United States require a higher education. The typical bachelor's degree is becoming increasingly worthless as more and more people graduate from college, as jobs that used to need only a bachelor's degree now prefer a master's degree.

Is sociology a useless degree?
Yes, sociology is useless at the undergraduate level. However, your sociology department will never admit this truth to the student body. Why would they say anything? Students are nothing more and nothing less than walking dollar bills.

On the other hand, a degree in sociology can help equip you to understand culture and relationships. With that knowledge you may be a suitable candidate for a wide variety of jobs in many different fields offering meager pay. Keep this in mind: there is little direct employment for a sociology degree without usually a doctorate.

Employment of sociologists is projected to grow 5 percent from 2020 to 2030, slower than the average for all occupations. I have a degree in sociology but to no avail. At 56, nobody cares how many college degrees I have accumulated through the years. BTW, I have three degrees and work as a security guard patrolling floors. Yes, this is my specialty. I know how to close and open doors using a master key. You say?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 717 • Replies: 0
No top replies