Rainsoft gold help - drain or inlet?

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2017 04:21 pm
Hi all,

Great forum - really useful info!

Is anyone able to help with a quick-ish question:

I purchased a house with what I believe is a Rainsoft Gold series softener, with a Q2 valve. It's quite old as you might guess.

Anyways, after being on holiday I ran a cycle manually and noticed water coming from under the washing machine - near where the standpipe is. It's quite hard to access, so for now I pulled it out and ran a cycle with the water draining outside via garden hose

I'm not sure if this hose is for filling the brine tank or for drainage - it's the white hose at https://pasteboard.co/GOuN2bZ.png.

Can someone confirm for me?

Many thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,895 • Replies: 2
No top replies

RainsoftUser1

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2017 04:59 pm
@RainsoftUser1,
Apolgies - a '.' was added to the image URL. It should be:

https://pasteboard.co/GOuN2bZ.png

Thanks again!
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2017 12:36 pm
@RainsoftUser1,
Quote:
Hi all,
Hi /Rain
...newcomer, welcome !

Quote:
Great forum - really useful info!
'Tis isn'tit. I got mad for ahwile when they deleted my every postin' but I guess the philo has changed somehow

Quote:
water coming from under the washing machine
an interesting coincidence that today we had the Rainsoft Man over to look at our demand waterheater

Quote:
confirm for me?
A2k has some really smart fellas, who I'm sure will help. At this point however I take the oppor to nitty the restaya, about the use of tech terms such as 'Q2' above. While most of us know what's meant by 'valve,' ....

Oh Use, thanks for the photo. Some 18 yrs doin/\' this sorta thing now but found the 'cedure so cumbersome, finally gave up on it. D'ya still hafta first place it into the Cloud
0 Replies