I can't go on like this!

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2017 08:35 am
I'm in love with a man (and he is in love with me) - we've dated for over 4 years. However, he has had financial difficulties over the past 10 years after being convicted of check kiting and lost his job several months ago. Since he is older, it has been very difficult to get a job but he is still trying. He is eligible for social security by early next year and is collecting unemployment which will run out before the end of the year. He has only modest savings, which is in trust to avoid being paid to older creditors.
I have broken up with him a few times based on lies I caught him in - mostly financial where he was not being fully honest about the extent of his financial issues; I'm certain he did that to keep me and I believe that he is being honest with me now b/c he knows he will lose me for good.
I am in a different financial situation - good job, nice house, money for retirement, etc. and do worry a lot about how his financial circumstances will affect my future.
He wants to marry once he is employed again and see me in the interim exclusively - it's been 6 months and no job yet - this is keeping me on edge - I can't even sleep through a night. Do I just make the decision to break it off and if his circumstances improve, then regroup or stick in there? I know at my age the pickings are "slim" but I don't want to make a mistake and then have to live with it.

jespah

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2017 09:05 am
@veryuncertain,
Don't marry this thief and let him have access to your bank accounts. He will bleed you dry.

Check kiting is a form of fraud. His ethics are already suspect, and he's already lied to you? Don't just settle because you don't want to be alone. This would be worse than settling.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2017 03:43 pm

The guy's a thief and a cheat.

Run-n-n-n-n-.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2018 08:52 am
@veryuncertain,
https://able2know.org/topic/484935-1
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2018 05:11 pm
https://able2know.org/topic/484545-1#post-6743025

one heck of a one trick pony
jespah

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2018 05:12 pm
@ehBeth,
Ayup
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I can't go on like this!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 06:40:18