How to deal with a lying but loving bf

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2018 08:44 am
My bf is a very loving person. I believe him when he says he is crazy about me and really loves me. We've been together a while.
But...since we are both older, we want to live together
But...he is poor at managing his money and he doesn't have a lot of money to begin with
I have spent hours helping him to manage his money and sometimes he listens but he still manages to screw it up somehow
He is not always truthful about his money and when I "catch" him, he says he is ashamed to tell me the truth
He keeps promising to fix this issue with my help
But...to be honest, I'm really tired of this crap. I'm too old to cope. I just want and need a partner to love me and also be independent in terms of $
I don't want to live with anyone that can't manage this issue and b/c of his age, I think it's basically hopeless except for some minor tweeks
Even if it can get fixed, how do I cope with my anger at him for lying?? Do I just walk away? I also know it is VERY HARD to find a good man in my age group that I have chemistry with loves me the way he does and I don't want to be alone!

Sturgis

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2018 01:16 pm
@uncertain400,
If he is a liar, you need to ask yourself, how much does he really love you.

Hey, maybe he does and he is just one of those habitual liars and can't help himself.

So, seek out some counseling for yourself and also as a couple. Then, decide if there is a future. I wish you and him the best.
uncertain400

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2018 01:19 pm
@Sturgis,
thanks for your reply.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2018 02:14 pm
How many times are you going to post this SAME issue about this SAME nitwit?

He's taking all your energy and you are getting obsessive-compulsive about him and his dead-end future.

That's energy that you could spend finding another guy.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2018 05:09 pm
Yep - and again - https://able2know.org/topic/484545-1#post-6743025

FFS, lady, the answers aren't changing and you're just looking more and more obsessed by the minute.
0 Replies

Kiral

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 05:57 am
@uncertain400,
If you can't trust him you will never built strong relationship. do u really wanna waste ur time then?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How to deal with a lying but loving bf
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 11:18:04