New possibillities

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 08:01 am
spendius wrote:
Frank:-

I'm glad I gave you a "huge laugh".It is good for the nervous system is a good laugh.Or so the experts say and I believe them on that.

You are right about me not doing much serious work.I hate work.I do my bit I think but some would say that that is a self-serving assertion and I would not argue with them.

spendius.

Now that way better.

MUCH BETTER!

I wish I had read that one first.

Let's both calm down...and identify our differences.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 08:07 am
The single most compelling argument eh?

Well Frank Harris once asked a professor of philosophy at the Sorbonne that very question.The prof. replied,looking sardonically over his specs,
"The world revolves around a woman's tunc."I have misquoted slightly because I always allow for certain sensitive sensitivities.

It seemed to make sense to me as it did for Frank who took the advice very,very,seriously.

Can you argue with that.?

spendius.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 08:11 am
Don't count on me calming down mate.I love being a bit fired up.

You are distracting me from the Dark Queen of the Manhattan Night.

spendius.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 08:15 am
spendius wrote:
The single most compelling argument eh?

Well Frank Harris once asked a professor of philosophy at the Sorbonne that very question.The prof. replied,looking sardonically over his specs,
"The world revolves around a woman's tunc."I have misquoted slightly because I always allow for certain sensitive sensitivities.

It seemed to make sense to me as it did for Frank who took the advice very,very,seriously.

Can you argue with that.?

spendius.

Cuff no!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 08:17 am
spendius wrote:
Don't count on me calming down mate.I love being a bit fired up.

I suspect we have more in common that might appear at first blush.

Quote:

You are distracting me from the Dark Queen of the Manhattan Night.

spendius.

Sounds very interesting!

What is it?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 08:25 am
All good things come to he who waits.

spendius.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 08:27 am
The Dark Queen Herself taught me that.Promises,promises,promises.The story of my life.

spendius.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 08:31 am
spendius wrote:
The Dark Queen Herself taught me that.Promises,promises,promises.The story of my life.

spendius.

Well...I'm glad it is a "her."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 08:39 am
I now realize that my last posting would have been better if...

spendius wrote:

spendius.

Well at least now I know it is a "her."

In Manhattan...that is not often the case with queens...dark or otherwise.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 09:37 am
I'm not very sophisticted Frank.I'm a country boy.Born and bred.You can call them anything you want but a Queen is a Queen to me.Our throne has a Queen sat on it and most of us love Her.

The "dark" refers to the mystery not to skin colour.

spendius.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 09:42 am
I gotta go Frank.Thanks for the debate.

Hope you're on again soon.

spendius.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 09:45 am
spendius wrote:
I gotta go Frank.Thanks for the debate.

Hope you're on again soon.

spendius.

I'm always on, Spendius.

Looking forward to more discussion in the near future. :wink:
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 09:49 am
spendius wrote:
I'm not very sophisticted Frank.I'm a country boy.Born and bred.You can call them anything you want but a Queen is a Queen to me.Our throne has a Queen sat on it and most of us love Her.

Yes, I know.

As a young man I spent week after week...many and many an hour outside Buckingham Palace hoping to catch a glimpse of the beautiful young Queen or her sister.

She was one of my favorite people in the world at that time...and she still is.

Quote:
The "dark" refers to the mystery not to skin colour.

My remark was meant humorously...ironically...and should not be have anything else read into it.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 08:42 am

I was once at York races and The Queen was sat at a table in the restaurant discussing her horse's chances with Lord Porchester,her racing manager.People were passing to and fro right behind her chair.I was one.It wouldn't happen now I don't suppose.She loves horse racing and so do I.In fact I love all sport for the sheer fun and also for the lessons that are in it about the human condition in one of it's higher manifestations.

spendius.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 08:58 am
spendius wrote:

I was once at York races and The Queen was sat at a table in the restaurant discussing her horse's chances with Lord Porchester,her racing manager.People were passing to and fro right behind her chair.I was one.It wouldn't happen now I don't suppose.She loves horse racing and so do I.In fact I love all sport for the sheer fun and also for the lessons that are in it about the human condition in one of it's higher manifestations.

spendius.

I'm a golfer, Spendius.

Strap a bag of clubs to my back and golf five times a day during the summer months. Played my first round at a course in Lincolnshire...back in the mid-1950's, as a matter of fact.

For the thrill of the bet...I prefer Texas Hold-'em to the nags...but I do manage to get to the track once in a while just to see those majestic animals do their thing.

I guess that post about the Queen woke something in my psyche. I had a dream about her last night...one in which I worked as a gardner at the palace. In the dream, she came over and commented on something. I responded, "Thank you, Ma'am!"

Then I woke up. I savored the dream for many minutes before falling back off to sleep.

All that time I spent hoping to see her or Margaret Rose come out in a limo...was for naught. Never did catch even a glimpse.

But I did manage to catch a life-long love for London...one of the great towns of this world.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:02 am
I played golf as a kid.I gave it up when I discovered holes with no flags which came to me on two cute legs.There was also the small matter of the equipment which was becoming more and more expensive for those who wished to keep up and this expense caused the other holes I mentioned to not come to me so fast.

Have you got a thing about powerful women with large bottoms by any chance?Was the dream satisfying.That's treason here but you are okay.

We like Her so much because all the politicians are scared to death of Her.She only has to go on Telly and call us to arms and if She gives the word we will smash that silly old House to dust.They know that.You have nothing like that there.

spendius.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:07 am
Quote:
I played golf as a kid.I gave it up when I discovered holes with no flags which came to me on two cute legs.

Laughing Imagine that. The hole caught the golfer, and the balls took charge.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:13 am
spendius wrote:
I played golf as a kid.I gave it up when I discovered holes with no flags which came to me on two cute legs.There was also the small matter of the equipment which was becoming more and more expensive for those who wished to keep up and this expense caused the other holes I mentioned to not come to me so fast.

I also made that discovery...but I had intentions of becoming a priest. So I gave that up...and kept the golf. Fact is, I've met some very, very interesting ladies on the links.

Quote:
Have you got a thing about powerful women with large bottoms by any chance?Was the dream satisfying.That's treason here but you are okay.

Somehow...I keep a very young picture of your Queen in my mind. (She was not young in my dream, however.)

And while I hate what the Freudians among us will make of this...I have a large picture of my late mother on a bookshelf here in my study. Except that she does not have a purse on her arm, she is the spitting image of Elizabeth. I have an aunt, my mother's younger sister, who is still alive...and she has been told dozens upon dozens of times that she looks like Elizabeth. And for whatever reason, she always has a purse on her arm!

Quote:
We like Her so much because all the politicians are scared to death of Her.She only has to go on Telly and call us to arms and if She gives the word we will smash that silly old House to dust.They know that.

Well I like her because she has class...and lots of it. Always has. I wish her good health...and despite the fact that I like Charles also...I wish her long, long life.

Quote:
You have nothing like that there.

Well...that doesn't stop certain people from trying.

But the last thing any nobility needs...is to have it with a Texas drawl.

But that would be getting into an area that probably is better left for other threads. :wink:
0 Replies