"Domestic Tranquility" ( ? )

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 07:22 am
Is harassment ( by "sudden, loud, targeted ( AT me), unnecessary noises ) by
members of a fire department a violation of my civil rights?

jespah

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 07:28 am
@Ponderer,
It's a lot more likely to fall under nuisance law.
Ponderer

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 07:40 am
@jespah,
I appreciate your answer, but I am looking for certainty not likelihood. Do you know if it is a violation of my civil rights?
jespah

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 07:59 am
@Ponderer,
It's probably not.

And there is very little certainty in the law, just in general. Precedent exists but it can be overturned as well (just look at Plessy v. Ferguson for proof of that). I also couldn't possibly give you anything resembling certainty without researching, and I don't do legal research for free.
Ponderer

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 09:28 am
@jespah,
I couldn't help noticing that you got several thumbs -up for not answering my question. That should be gratuity enough.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 09:48 am
@jespah,
Upon your free advice, I looked at "Plessy v.Fergusun". This has nothing to do with "racial segregation in public places".
jespah

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 10:28 am
@Ponderer,
Of course it doesn't. Plessy is an example of how old laws are overturned. I'm sorry what I said was not clear enough. And no, I don't want a gratuity. I'm just pointing out that asking about how likely you are to win any case is right in the wheelhouse of legal advice.

And this site does not provide legal advice.
Ponderer

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 11:21 am
@jespah,
My question was not about the liklihood of winning a case, or even obtaining legal representation or advice. My question was about whether or not ambulance drivers can abuse citizens with impunity.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 11:26 am
@jespah,
Do you wonder why you keep getting positive signals for giving me answers that basically tell me that I have no chance of stopping their abuse?
0 Replies

ascribbler

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 12:57 am
@Ponderer,
What were the discriminatory actions (constituting harassment) in violation of your civil rights?
Ponderer

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 01:18 am
@ascribbler,
I do appreciate your interest but I do not want to try a case online. Maybe my question is about my constitutional rights. I do have recorded evidence of 10 years of harassment by the means stated in my question. I also have email of my communication with the fire department administration for about two years.
0 Replies