Psychopathy

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2017 11:29 am
While I write this I am 'listening' to a discussion about psychopaths. It's very loud

Software glitch # 44,589,040 [and on days of the month containing a '4,'], by deleting 'Volume Control' up at the top, whenever you hit the left-hand mouse key twice after highlighting a word containing the letters 'g' and 'e' prevents me from either exiting the sound or turning it down. Even shutting down Safari and Mail doesn't stop it

Yet almost nobody else anywhere seems to realize there's a single glitch in the entire software world

Mebbe it's me, the psychopath
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 654 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Ponderer

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2017 08:46 pm
@dalehileman,
Oh, I heard that. They were saying "cycle paths". It was about erosion caused by dirt bikes.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 09:43 am
@Ponderer,
Pond, delightful
Ponderer

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 01:03 pm
@dalehileman,
Hey, I try Buddy. About th' glch-I'll senja summa those ear plugs.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 02:34 pm
@Ponderer,
Quote:
ear plugs.
Only possible way....
...'ceptin shut down ur PC, then fire it back up. However, I'm always a little scared to do that
Ponderer

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 04:27 pm
@dalehileman,
Yeah, my Daddy's that way about his water heater.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 04:32 pm
@Ponderer,
I can believe that. We got an entirely, modern, technological system here. My BH acquired it somehow

Sometimes I wonder if she's secretly wealthy
Ponderer

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 06:36 pm
@dalehileman,
Cut off her allowance and see if she still goes shopping.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 07:45 pm
@Ponderer,
Quote:
Cut off her allowance
I'm the one on allowance
Ponderer

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 10:07 pm
@dalehileman,
I didn't want to mess up our view to reply ratio, but I had to ask. Do you think we can get two pages out of this?
Ponderer

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 10:28 pm
@dalehileman,
I'm still waiting for some answers to questions I asked this morning. You know, this IS "Ask?know" but all I got was something like "I don't know"
or "We don't understand the question. ". One question still had a big ZERO on it. When I was looking at "New Topics", the title attracted my attention and then I realized it was mine. I don't know where they get that "2053 people online" stuff. I think it's really about 20 on a good day.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 09:52 am
@Ponderer,
Quote:
Do you think we can get two pages
Apparently not, Pond. When I find it impossible to elicit more than 1 or 2 responses out of some 100,000 [2053 ?] parti's I'm inclined to wonder about my sanity

Quote:
title attracted my attention and then I realized it was mine

Quote:
members of a city fire department?
?
Ponderer

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 11:50 am
@dalehileman,
"...inclined to wonder about my sanity." If you like, maybe we can change the title to "Psychotherapy" and talk about it.
Maybe you can explain this glitch ( or gremlin?). I got a call a few days ago. I never answer unless there is a name. When I looked at it, it was my number. I took a screen-shot of it and sent it to my sister. ( she gave me the phone)
I told her I didn't want to answer it because I was afraid I would be on the other end and it would be a real Twilight Zone moment.

dalehileman

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 01:19 pm
@Ponderer,
Quote:
"Psychotherapy" and talk about it
Too late Pond for me

Quote:
it was my number....would be a real Twilight Zone moment.
Agree. So far I've recorded six different ways they've found to get our attn when we don'ans
Ponderer

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 01:43 pm
@dalehileman,
Oh. So that way we can't call 'em back when they're in the shower.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 02:42 pm
@Ponderer,
Mebbbe one reason Prer but usu it doesn't quite work that way, Pond. Some day I'll do a full OP on the Subj, but one of the most annoying things they do is the busy sig. It's done specifically to 'noy you for no ans
Ponderer

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 03:28 pm
@dalehileman,
One time I called a number back and the first thing a lady said was "What is your credit card number?" I said "You gotta be kiddin."
dalehileman

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 04:21 pm
@Ponderer,
Honest to Pete Pond
Sum'va us gotta concede, is pretty dumb
0 Replies