Most people prefer to just BUTTON up their shirt......

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 07:47 pm
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2004/12/21/nailgun_index-thumb__60x40.jpg
Longish thing = 3 inch nail

Quote:
I went down to get it and then I had to go up one or two rungs. I had to reach round and bring the nail gun around the ladder. As I was doing that I sort of stepped down, so the nail gun was above me.

For some reason I just let it slip from my hand and it made contact with my chest. As it did I had my finger on the trigger and accidentally fired it.

If the nail gun had fallen another inch either way it would have missed me.

As it was, the nail hit one of my ribs and went sideways. It went through the front of my lung and out of the back and came to rest on the pericardium.

I knew that I'd been shot because I heard the bang. I looked down and there was a hole in my chest. There was no blood or anything; it was a sort of red hole.

My first thought was : "Well, this is it." I thought considering where it was, in my heart, and because it was a three-inch nail from a construction gun, a big nail, that would be it.

source
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 848 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:18 pm
Whew. I thought you were going to be knocking the duct tape thing again
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:26 pm
Prefer a staple-gun myself. Also good to stop your sunglasses from falling off.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:32 pm
Its like that guy last year in melbourne who let go of the chainsaw when he was in a tree and it cut him into pieces.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:51 pm
Extreme Nailing just found a new champion!!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/01/17/nail_narrowweb__200x384.jpg

Quote:
Doctors who removed a 10-centimetre nail from a Colorado construction worker's skull have left him with a huge headache - a $US100,000 ($132,000) hospital bill.

Patrick Lawler, 23, who was recovering today from surgery to remove the nail, said he had no health insurance and would have to find a way to pay the whopping bill after he was released from the hospital this week.

Lawler walked around with the nail in his skull for six days before seeking medical attention after accidentally shooting himself with a nail gun on a construction site.

He said he did not realise the pain in his mouth and blurred vision were the result of a nail in his head.

"We just thought it was like a big contusion or a punch," he told reporters.

Asked what was going through his mind as he sat in a press conference contemplating the nail, Lawler replied: "A new career."
0 Replies