Abusive Relationship

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2017 03:29 am
My boyfriend and I started using drugs together, ever since he's changed became more aggressive. I've tried getting sober and he'll throw it in my face taunting me with my number one weakness (addiction).
He's left countless bruises on me, but what hurts the most is the mental abuse he is causing me.
He plays mind games, cheats (and let's it be known), calls me rude things, and try's to make me seem like I'm the bad one whenever he's in the wrong.
He physically hurts me, cig/lighter burns, punches me, throws stuff at me, bites me really hard, etc..
I don't know what to do anymore, I love him with all my heart. But he is no longer the man I fell in love with. I'm holding on to the tad bit of hope that maybe soon he'll "change" but as I wait it gets worse and worse.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 621 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2017 06:33 am
He will not change. He has no reason to.

It will only keep getting worse.

He'll break an arm. He'll poke out an eye. He'll try to choke you. He'll knock your teeth out.

I ain't kiddin'.

I urge you to seek a way out. This means moving out if you live together. It means breaking up (yes, please; you'll see how he does not love you, because people who love you do not do these sorts of things to you).

If you have family, contact them, even if you last contacted them years ago and even if your last communication with them ended on bad terms. Tell them what's going on. Ask for help, including a place to live, at least temporarily. Apologize a thousand times if you must - so long as you are not going into a different abusive relationship, then it will be better than what you are going through now.

If you don't have family, or if going to them would just mean more abuse, then go to friends or coworkers. I don't know how old you are, but if you are in school, then go to teachers or professors. If not, then your boss or coworkers. Friends. Neighbors, even. You need a way out. They probably can't or won't bankroll you, but they can give you temporary help and they can be your sanity check.

If you are completely isolated, then call the cops. Have them get you into a women's shelter.

If you have pets or children, take them with you. Take your ID, any cash that you can, and pack an overnight bag
(with overnight clothes for kids, if applicable).

If you are injured again, call the cops. If that's too difficult or if you will be beaten for that, go to the Emergency Room and tell them honestly and completely what happened and why you were injured, and they will call the cops for you.

It will not get any better. You are not doing yourself any favors by staying.

Leave before it becomes impossible to leave, and for God's sake, don't get pregnant.
0 Replies

Related Topics

Abusive Relationship. Can I Stop? - Question by FranzBBoncodin
my husband beats me - Discussion by dkhanna
  1. Forums
  2. » Abusive Relationship
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/09/2021 at 08:47:06