Rudolph the red-nosed Reindeer and other films to cut forever

Linkat

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 10:39 am
Forget Gone with the Wind, Tom Sawyer and others that we should forever cut from society because of their racism, womenism and any other ism you can think of.

Top of the list should be Rudolph – why – here is a poor sap unluckily born with not only a rednose, but one that shines on top of it. With this disability he is no longer useful for society so even the great Santa Claus denies him a spot on his sleigh and even though he shows higher than average capability for the job. His dad unwittingly covers his deformity only to be found out. He has no recourse but to leave society.

To make matters worse he teams up with others forced to leave society and to hide on an island with even more of those kicked out of society. He is only allowed back in when his deformity is found to have a useful purpose.

How horrible of a show is this – to teach children that you cannot fit in when you are different unless your difference fits useful purposes for those in authority to use.

Anyone else have other films that should be burned?

maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 10:51 am
@Linkat,
This will make a fun game....

Let's see if anyone can come up with a movie, book or TV show more than 10 years old that isn't offensive in some way?
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 11:08 am
"Dumbo" probably had a lot to do with the demise of the circus.
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 11:10 am
Snow White living with all those creepy men - in the woods, to beat.

0 Replies

centrox

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 11:45 am
This seems like a group hug for the "anti-PC" brigade to reinforce each other over the Gone With The Wind thing. Kind of silly.
Linkat

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 11:57 am
@centrox,
Way before the Gone with the Wind thing - I always thought that Rudolph was kind of a cruel story... honestly...especially as santa supposed to love everyone and he was pretty mean to Rudolph shoving him off because he nose glowed.

But think about it - there are many stories out there - that we don't think anything about and are cruel in their way.

This is part joke - part truth.

For the Christmas type of kids shows - I thought the story about how Santa came to be to be the best. It showed Santa at his best - he even loved the mean old guy and gave him a toy even when he was threatened by him.

Whereas Santa in Rudolph story was mean.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 12:18 pm
Everything that has Adam Sandler in it.
Linkat

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 12:39 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

I always found it odd that in a children's movie, they promoted drinking to excess.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 01:00 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

This seems like a group hug for the "anti-PC" brigade to reinforce each other over the Gone With The Wind thing. Kind of silly.

What do you have against hugs?
centrox

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 01:03 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
What do you have against hugs?

I really meant "clusterfuck".

maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 01:04 pm
@centrox,
Of course you did, Centrox. Of course you did.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 01:18 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

You're probably not going to like it to read that Tim Burton is in the process of making a live action reboot.
Dumbo (2019)
https://i.imgur.com/2KM3CDd.jpg
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 01:19 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Everything that has Adam Sandler in it.

Seconding this with all my heart and soul.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 01:20 pm
I always thought the final outcome of Rudolph was beautiful.

Throughout his life little Rudolph was tormented and picked on, but, he never gave up and eventually became the hero, saving Christmas for millions of children by helping out Mr.Claus and those other reindeer that had standard non-lit noses.

Rudolph teaches us to keep plugging along!
Linkat

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 02:05 pm
@Sturgis,
I was just so disappointed in Santa Claus - he is supposed to be above all that.

And actually Rudolph didn't keep plugging away he ran away.

And all that stuff about women folk - remember that after the hoop la at snowmonsters house and Yukon Conealius falling to his supposed death - quote they best thing was to get the women folk home. Damn them - the women folk were the only ones to believe in Rudolph --- it was the men that screwed things up between the coach, Rudolph's dad and Santa - no wonder Rudolph ran away.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 02:42 pm
@Linkat,
Awhile back I read about students telling other students, at some university, that going to see Gone With the Wind was too celebratory of the Southern survival ability, when the heroine still had her personal maid, or some such complaint that no non-racist white would go to see that movie.

Having seen it on tv years ago, I thought it was just a romantic story, with the background being the Civil War. Little did I know how I was participating in a racist re-enactment.

But the accents of Southerners is very pleasant, when compared to the Northern accent.
centrox

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 03:40 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
But the accents of Southerners is very pleasant, when compared to the Northern accent.

I think so, too. I have a collection of Deputy Dawg cartoons which I prize for that very reason.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 04:00 pm
@centrox,
Hey dat ain't no fair man I ain't got me no accent. I tawk poifectly good Englush!
izzythepush

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2017 02:41 am
@tsarstepan,
Notice I said everything, not just those films he stars in. He has a reverse Midas touch, everything he touches turns to ****, even a one line cameo is enough to doom a movie.
0 Replies

MethSaferThanTHC

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2017 12:12 pm
@maxdancona,
I agree. 'Once upon a time' is racial extremism at its core. Besides that, don't all manuscripts 'get approval' upon publishing?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Rudolph the red-nosed Reindeer and other films to cut forever
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:12:44