Rudolph the red-nosed Reindeer and other films to cut forever

Real Music

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2017 01:44 pm
@Linkat,
Bugs Bunny sure did make Yosemite Sam look like an idiot.
It's funny and entertaining. I enjoyed watching it as a kid and as an adult.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2017 01:54 pm
@Real Music,
It wasn't just Sam who was the but of the joke. They don't show this one any more.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2017 02:25 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Hey dat ain't no fair man I ain't got me no accent. I tawk poifectly good Englush!

If you are affecting a New York accent, it really doesn't exist anymore. The old Bowery Boys black and white movies affected that accent. Today, many young, and not so young. people sound like the local tv news anchors that are often native New Yorkers that wanted some upward mobility.

What is interesting is that many New Yorkers I went to school with could affect a Southern accent, a British accent, even an accent from India; however, few non-New Yorkers can affect the "toidy-toid a toid street" New York archaic accent.
Foofie

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2017 02:27 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

Foofie wrote:
But the accents of Southerners is very pleasant, when compared to the Northern accent.

I think so, too. I have a collection of Deputy Dawg cartoons which I prize for that very reason.

With your comment, one might think that you have a Yankee inside yourself, screaming to come out?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2017 02:32 pm
@Foofie,
In truth, a "New York" accent never has truly existed. It's all according to where in the city a person is brought up. Each borough has its own divisions as well.

I think the diversity of accents in NYC lend themselves to the ability to manage and perfect accents of people from other places.

Linkat

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2017 02:47 pm
@Sturgis,
That is similar to any where - Boston area similar - depending where you live from southie to revere to suburbs the accents are slightly different - and no one from Boston talks like the Kennedy's other than the Kennedy's.

0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2017 09:44 am
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Linkat

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2017 01:14 pm
@Ponderer,
Why
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2017 01:31 pm
@Linkat,
Better yet. Which version?
The shitey Michael Bay production, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)
OR
The 90s cult classic, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990), which led to the several beloved tv series?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2017 03:04 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

I think the diversity of accents in NYC lend themselves to the ability to manage and perfect accents of people from other places.

Why I do believe you are plum correct.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2017 09:38 am
Bambi and Old Yeller both have to go. They're r both too shocking for kids sensitivities. Bambi's mom AND Old Yeller get shot and killed, fercrisakes! Great kids movies, eh? Somehow, I survived these traumas. Methinks this is all much ado about nothing.

However, what was the movie ... Song of the South? Zipadeedoodah? That one should go, for sure.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:20:53