The Passion of the Christ

agrote

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 05:54 pm
I'm sure there will have been threads about this film before. Oh well, here's another one...

I just saw The Passion... for the first time, and thought it was a very well-made film in terms of cinematography, acting, etc. But I am aware that many people have objected to the film for various reasons. Many people have said that the Jews are depicted unfairly in the film. Is this true? Having not read the gospels, I don't know how close the film is to the original story, so can anyone tell me whether the Jews are presented in a different way in the gospels? Or were those who complained about the film actually complaining about the gospels themselves?

I'm a little confused, and unsure of how to react to this film, somebody please inform me...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 592 • Replies: 2
No top replies

phoebe bubbles

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 06:04 pm
It's been a while since i have seen this, so sorry i cannot remember the particualrs, but i do remember thinking
'What was all the ado about, the Jews in it were shown in quite a positive light!'
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 06:11 pm
phoebe_bubbles wrote:
It's been a while since i have seen this, so sorry i cannot remember the particualrs, but i do remember thinking
'What was all the ado about, the Jews in it were shown in quite a positive light!'

I wouldn't say they were shown in a positive light really, on the whole. The film suggested that they were an angry mob who beat jesus and then condemned him to death because he claimed to be the messiah. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but it wasn't a positive depiction of the Jews.
0 Replies