Help With My Debate on BSE

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 05:43 pm
Hello. I am a grade seven student and part of a Debate Team. I will be representing my school with my partner and a couple other teams in the city-wide Stampede Debate, and I need some resources.

The resolution, or the topic, is BE IT RESOLVED THAT IT SHALL BE MANDATORY FOR EVERY BEEF CATTLE INTENDED FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION BE TESTED FOR BSE.

If you have any information what so ever could you give me any references? I would appreciate it greatly. Biased opinions are also apreciated. Please have factual information, but if you have any ideas please help me. Thank you!

chow~tay
catch me if you can Twisted Evil

EDIT (Moderator): Moved to Philosophy & Debate from General News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,170 • Replies: 6
No top replies

mithrelsheep

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 04:52 pm
BSE reply
Very Happy Remember to listen to your team mates as well, they may have good ideas. Some posters have no clue.
0 Replies

mithrelsheep

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 04:59 pm
BSE reply
<title>Black Sheep</title>
<body bgcolor="#000000" text="#ffffff" link="#808080" alink="#ffffe0" vlink="#ff0000">
<basefont size="3">
<div align="center">
muhahahaha Twisted Evil
0 Replies

mithrelsheep

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 05:00 pm
darn, html didn't work. Ill get it next time. MUHAHAHA
0 Replies

drmichelle7

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 07:53 pm
by the way... i think it is about time for YOU to listen, mithrelsheep Smile
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 08:19 pm
Re: Help With My Debate on BSE
darkmoonlily wrote:
The resolution, or the topic, is BE IT RESOLVED THAT IT SHALL BE MANDATORY FOR EVERY BEEF CATTLE INTENDED FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION BE TESTED FOR BSE.

If you have any information what so ever could you give me any references? I would appreciate it greatly. Biased opinions are also apreciated. Please have factual information, but if you have any ideas please help me. Thank you!

You'll have to do some separating of wheat from chaff, but there's an abundance of resources at this site.

Here's one excerpt regarding the cost of testing every cow:

Quote:
Hello, Jeff - I found the information. The cost is $30 per cow.

According to the article below, they are figuring in $10 for the test kit, then salaries, lab fees, cost of grinding up and delivering up cattle brain samples. I still think that even at $30 - 50 dollars each cow, the price is worth it.

The industyy will lose billions if nothing is done and testing is held at the bare - or less then bare minimum. In all, total testing of each cow would add about 6 to 10 cents per pound. Well worth the effort.
0 Replies

mithrelsheep

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 10:30 am
well its easy for you to scoff michelle, but what pillars do you have? visit my thread on the same topic almost!
0 Replies