Judgmental qualities aren't real

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 08:39 am
My positive emotions are very profound and beautiful to me. This is not a value judgment. They are literally like a holy and divine life force that possess the intrinsic quality of goodness, joy, and beauty. They are the light to my life and allow me to see good values in my life. If I have this light taken away from me due to depression, emotional trauma, or any other factor, then no value judgment or way of thinking alone can allow me to see any good values. When a person says that he feels good or that he feels bad, then this is to be taken literally. This version of good and bad is not a value judgment. Rather, it is an intrinsic quality that our positive and negative emotions have which allows us to perceive a real quality of good and bad value in our lives.

Intrinsic things are real while judgmental qualities are not. If you judged a quality of water to be inside an empty glass, then that will not make a judgmental quality of water appear in that glass. In that same sense, no value judgment can make our lives good to us without our positive emotions since no judgmental quality of good value actually exists to allow us to perceive any real good value in our lives in the absence of our positive emotions. It is only our positive emotions which are this real perceptual quality of good value we need in our lives. I will give you one last example. If a blind person judged himself as having the ability to see, then he wouldn't really be seeing anything. It is only his sight which can give him the actual quality of visualization.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,177 • Replies: 1
No top replies

MethSaferThanTHC

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2017 12:38 pm
@MozartLink,
A case where asking a question, hearing the answer not needed. And asking the same question over and over. Yes our lives are made good when we make a value judgment through good emotions. Bad emotions turn life upside-down.
0 Replies