Quotations and Amazon

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 11:36 pm
1. Is it possible to change the font/size of one's quotation? Maybe write in here and then copy/paste over to my profile? Mine's a three-liner and takes up more space than I'm comfortable with!

2. I order from Amazon more than I should. A lot. Should I order through A2K even when the order (usually books and music) has nothing to do with a forum? Does it help A2K?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,165 • Replies: 7
No top replies

chatoyant

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 12:41 am
Hi Tartarian. Yes, you can change the font size within your profile. Just above the color line is a drop-down menu for changing font size. Or you can use BBC Code which is [ size=9 ] and then [ /size ] after your type but leave the spaces out. You can use nearly any size as far as I know. Experiment and see how it looks.

As far as I know, if you order from Amazon through A2K, it does benefit the site. I'm not sure of the details but maybe someone else can explain more.

If this is confusing, let me know and I'll find out more for you.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 12:48 am
Everything from Amazon ordered through a2k benefits a2k. I would no longer consider buying any power tools without checking both prices and user reviews on Amazon. They usually end up with the best prices anywhere, but those reviews are honest and very accurate.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 10:03 am
Sorry -- Font change in the profile page doesn't exist. It does exist, of course, in the page one uses to post to a forum and write a personal message. But not on a profile page (not mine, anyway!)

Roger, I use Amazon constantly (too much!) and for everything except maybe canned beans... Reviews are very helpful indeed. There are somethings (dig cameras, for one) which are way overpriced on Amazon, but even then I use their reviews for buying through Price Grabber and even EBay. But books and music... Wow!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 10:10 am
Tartarin, go ahead and use the "reply" or ""quote" function to compose your sig line, then copy and paste. For example:

[size=7]All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer[/size]

Use "quote" to see the bb code I used. You can change the size - 9 is small but more readable (I used 7).
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 11:22 am
Anything ordered from Amazon through A2K benefits the site and, if you wish, results in a hug from me (you'll have to collect locally, though). :-D

Plus a big, big, big thank you!!!

PS What sozobe said about changing the size of your quote's font.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 12:46 pm
Thank you all! So, Jespah, what do you do with all that money?!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 01:09 pm
Well, the running joke so far has been that it's only been used for a night out for my husband and me, but the reality is that it's going to pay for hosting the site. Bandwidth ain't free, as we all know, and eventually we hope for the site to be self-supporting in that area.
0 Replies