Random rants welcome

chai2

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 10:30 am
Not looking for a solution, just want something off your chest?

Go for it. Rant away.

I have a great next door neighbor, but sometimes he makes me anxious.

Up until 2 or 3 years ago, I enjoyed gardening. Now, I don't. Priorities/sources of joy change.

All I want now is for the front of my house to look acceptably tidy. Right now, it doesn't.

Last week I asked neighbor if he'd let me know the next time his lawn/garden guy came by to to me know. What I need is for some weeds and dead plants to be pulled, and a little pruning. Period.

Todays the day, so I asked neighbor what time the guy might be showing up at his place.

"Well, let me take a look at what you need."

"I need some weeds and dead plants pulled, and a little pruning" This said while we stood in the middle of my yard/garden.

"Tell you what. Write me up a list of 5 things you like about your yard, and 5 things you don't. What is it you'd like to see?"

"I'd like to see some weeds and dead plants pulled, and a little pruning"

Too late. He's on a roll telling me this oleander needs to be moved, this area needs this, that area needs that.

When he asked me the 5 things question, I instantly felt overwhelmed, because my mind was blank.

This is after I had point blank said to him that I just wanted a general tidying up.

Later on, I thought "I like that most plants are alive. I don't like it that some plants are dead" That's as far as I can get.

Seriously, I couldn't ask for a better neighbor. However, I have to remember not to mention any kind of musings about buying something or going somewhere. Sure as hell, a few months later he'll asking how plans are going with that.

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 12:16 pm
I do garden work. I always do what the customer wants THEN make suggestions on where a plant might do better , etc.

Insist on working with the gardener. Your neighbor has another agenda.
chai2

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 02:25 pm
@PUNKEY,
You really don't have any sort of reading comprehension, do you Punkey?
dalehileman

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 09:45 pm
@chai2,
Chai, I spend 34 hrs a week, at least, rantin'. What should I rant about
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 10:24 pm
@PUNKEY,
for creds, I'm a landscape architect.

I have a varity of views.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 10:26 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I'm a ret, gives me plenty of time to ruminate
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 12:00 am
@ossobucotemp,
This wasn't intended to give me advice people. I am well capable of and did talk to the service guy and had the work needed done.

Did anyone read the first 2 sentences of this thead? It was just an idea to have a place to rant/dump.

I guess I'm now indulging in another rant about people who feel the need to fix others, even when it isn't wanted.

**** it. What else could I expect?
roger

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 12:21 am
@chai2,
You got some problems there, chai. Want to talk about it?

Mr. Green
dalehileman

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 10:45 am
@roger,
Chai is okay Rog, but Chai, how about p'gr'phin' in the usu way for the benefit of the casual and the speedreader
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 10:59 am
It seriously pisses me off that communications between two world leaders
with nukes at their disposal sounds like a sissy fight in the schoolyard.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 01:54 pm
@George,
Quote:
sounds like a sissy fight in the schoolyard
Yes, indeed Geo, thank you, but compared to what
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 10:09 pm
@chai2,
Well, heres my rant: assholes who neglect their garden for two or three years and expect miracles to correct miss-shapen bushes and perennials put in the wrong place, then cry about under performance. And then there's the non-waterers who are lazy and will not participate in their own gardens because 'they dont have time'. I knew that you were ranting about nothing in particular; it happens that I answered your particular rant because it involved your garden. Excuse me all to hell.

BTW: People who sit at the only dirty table in the restaurant piss me off, too, when I hostess for my friend's restaurant.

People who are low directive and highly critical also piss me off. Bet you're one of them.
chai2

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 10:16 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

People who are low directive and highly critical also piss me off. Bet you're one of them.

That's a bet you'd lose.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 10:20 pm
@PUNKEY,
Ass holes who neglect their gardens may be dealing with bigger stuff.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 01:20 am
I love this phone because my sister gave it to me but MAN! It's supposed to be sooo smart. I have to touch the the screen every 15 seconds to keep it from going dark. What if I just want to read for a while? Or think about what to write ? What a great security feature. Push one button and "Slide to Unlock". What a lock! What a joke. The average cat could unlock it. If I try to google something , it's like whack-a-mole. All kinds of screens poppin' up. "Wrong Password " "Cannot Open Page" And this upper left corner. "No Service" right now. Just before that, "Searching" They can plant a flag on the moon but I spend an hour and a half a day waiting . Password Incorrect -Enter voicemail password- Password -blink blink blink ( ? ) Cancel. O.K. I've never even used the stupid voicemail.
ascribbler

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 01:59 am
@chai2,
Was it Shakespeare's wont to say:

Thou know'st 'tis common; all that lives must die,
Passing the bitches to eterni ty.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 10:51 am
@Ponderer,
Ponderer wrote:

I love this phone because my sister gave it to me but MAN! It's supposed to be sooo smart. I have to touch the the screen every 15 seconds to keep it from going dark. What if I just want to read for a while? Or think about what to write ? What a great security feature. Push one button and "Slide to Unlock". What a lock! What a joke. The average cat could unlock it. If I try to google something , it's like whack-a-mole. All kinds of screens poppin' up. "Wrong Password " "Cannot Open Page" And this upper left corner. "No Service" right now. Just before that, "Searching" They can plant a flag on the moon but I spend an hour and a half a day waiting . Password Incorrect -Enter voicemail password- Password -blink blink blink ( ? ) Cancel. O.K. I've never even used the stupid voicemail.

I'd be apt to rant about this too, if I didn't know I could change any an all of the settings that are causing the phone to do these things.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 10:52 am
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
assholes who neglect their garden for two or three years and expect miracles
Boy Punk that's sure me

Quote:
And then there's the non-waterers
Guys like me who somtimes forget that regular check of each water timer
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 10:58 am
@Ponderer,
Quote:
I have to touch the the screen every 15 seconds to keep it from going dark......All kinds of screens poppin' up..."Wrong Password, " "Cannot Open Page," ,,,, "No Service"...
Pon, those are Software Glitches # 56, 393, 1,445,307 (c) I think, #7,571,088, and # 672 (j), the oldest. Eventually you'll encounter more of 'em
Linkat

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 11:13 am
Calling to get customer service and you keep getting a recording to answer a series of questions first - especially when you cannot answer them -

Phone - Please punch in your customer order number
Me - screaming into the phone "I DON'T HAVE ONE!"

But my number one rant that I am going through currently - Medical Insurance Company that keeps denying various claims because they are not medically necessary (according to them). I have been spending months trying to get reimbursed. I keep putting in more and more request for reviews - my child's doctor states these claims are medically necessary. And they keep having other doctors look at the claims and they claim they are not medically necessary (of course they will the insurance company is paying them).

These doctors who even heard of them - my child's doctor - everyone knows for the type of surgery and recovery she is experiencing - he has a center for sports prevention injury named after him - he is all over in awards for his surgery and prevention care, but Mr. no -name doctor apparently knows more this well-known surgeon and expert on helping children from having re-occurring injuries - which would cost the insurance company less money in the long run!

They denied some of her PT which would help her to get stronger so she doesn't pull another ligament and require surgery again (which is less money idiot - another surgery or 3 more PT appointments?). They denies her knee brace that is supposed to protect her ACL while engaging in any physical activity, or say being in a crowd where she is accidently pushed down causing her to tear her ligament again (which is less money idiot - another surgery or a knee brace). They denied her CPM machine loan which after surgery keeps her safely moving her leg so that again she gets stronger sooner and doesn't tighten any muscles - again helping to prevent reinjuring herself!

And so I keep fighting them and now am going back and anything they have denied - I fight - so what is costing them more money idiots - the doctors they have to keep paying off to say these things are not medically necessary or just paying to prevent a child from re-injuring herself.

Ah that felt a little better.

Thanks,

1. Forums
  2. » Random rants welcome
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.42 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 12:37:50