I feel ya sista.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 06:53 pm
@Ponderer,
Ponderer wrote:

I appreciate the diagnosis.

How about mine?

You know, about checking/changing your settings?
Ponderer

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 08:57 pm
@chai2,
I'm sorry. I thought that was about what I "didn't know". I only learn technology as I need it. Whatever your age-group, you'll probably gasp that learned to email four years ago.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 09:11 pm
@chai2,
I also apologize for using your rant forum inappropriately. That was supposed to be a monologue. Which reminds me, I'm so sick of these late-show smartAleks in their tailored suits and political blah-blah. I see them looking at the monitor thinking "I look pretty presidential. One of these years I'm going to announce that I am running for office... to thunderous applause".
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 09:27 pm
You're not using it inappropriately.

You had a rant.

I apologize for trying to sneakily give you "advice" on how to set up your phone so you don't have the screen blacking out all the time, amongst the other things you were saying you didn't like about the phone.

I'm glad to see someone coming on, like you and linkat, venting a little bit.

That's what I intended.

If advice is to be offered, it's in a "by the way" approach. Not this in your face "here's what you should do", assuming the person venting needs anyones help.

You can though, easily change the things that are bothering you about your phone.

ok, let's see if I can muster up another rant here....

oh! here's one.

So why is it always MY turn to scoop out the litter box, huh?

Ponderer

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 10:47 pm
@chai2,
It's always somethin'! Why don't you let your cat out in your garden?And if you'd stop stompin' around and ranting at the plants, maybe they would have some reason to live.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 11:16 pm
@chai2,
Well I hope you're happy now. They put a battery the size of a pea in this thing so now I'm stuck here charging the piece of junk. Cordless. Yeah, right. And this clicking. I wonder if kids ask their parents why it does that. "I don't know. Go ask your grandparents." "Well, they used to have these machines that printed words on paper and they clicked like that." "Really, Granny? That's too funny! Tell me more."Yeah, I do know that I can turn it off.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2017 02:02 am
@chai2,
My BH has hired a coupla guys who come once a week. She takes such good care of me
All I hafta do is occasionally carry a heavy object
Ponderer

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:03 am
@dalehileman,
BTW. Next time, for the sake of the integrity of this forum, instead of "All I hafta do...", try something like " That's great , but I hafta do all the heavy work !"
dalehileman

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:32 am
@Ponderer,
Me: All I hafta do is occasionally carry a heavy object
Pon: That's great , but I hafta do all the heavy work !

Pon, really 'p'ciate all responses of this sort !! In this case however the meanin' is diff: In fact it's only occasional, that is...

...so Pon, yu m's'B esl, in ehich case apusogive most profosely, but you din't prov a Prof. Hadja, woulda spelled it all out
Ponderer

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:42 am
@dalehileman,
I's jus say'n ya gotta put more "rant " init.
Real Music

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 09:11 am
Mandatory hotel resort fees are a total rip-off

Aaaah, thank you. That feels good getting that off my chest.
chai2

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 10:20 am
@Real Music,
I'm not familiar with that, but they sound infuriating.

What exactly do they try to tell you these fees are for?
dalehileman

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 11:02 am
@Ponderer,
more "rant " Yea Pon, I jus' don' rant 'nuff
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 11:41 am
@chai2,
PISSES ME OFF. On tv they offer these COPPER (colored) BBQ sheets for your grill. The ad says

GET ONE FOR 19.99!!!. Get A SECOND ONE FREE!!! (just pay a separate fee)
Ponderer

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:34 pm
@farmerman,
I wanted one of the copper pans ( or two ?) just to get the recipes. Oh wait. That's not a rant.
Now that I've saved enough pennies for it, they don't even have the commercial anymore! Even when they showed it, by the time I got a pen and paper...Oh forget it!
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 01:53 pm
@Ponderer,
I always DVR that **** cause its usually on late at night and Im just about ready to fall asleep, so I hit record and then forget about it in the AM.
aves money that way

We bought two of those pans for the RV. They are great and we got two for the price of one (NO "Separate fee") at a dept store called BOSCOV's (its kinda a PA "rust belt" dept store)

easy cleaning ceramic with copper innards and a bigass induction plate on the back.

That's all I got.

Ponderer

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 02:43 pm
@farmerman,
You should email the company. They might use your endorsement in their next commercial. BTW We're going to get in trouble for not ranting enough.
Is it just me, or has anyone else ever wanted to put a can of corn through one of those self check-out scanners?
roger

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 02:50 pm
@Ponderer,
Interesting you should mention canned goods. Way too many are sold with little tabs to remove the lids. I have a can opener and I know how to use it. In fact I prefer to use it. It doesn't leave a sharp ridge inside the can, and I reuse them for garbage that comes from normal food preparation.

Why they do this? Okay, you're having a picnic and forgot the can opener. So use those tabs on a can of Vienna sausage. Who know, maybe a can of chili? But really, you're taking a can of cream style corn on a picnic? Don't put me on.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 07:14:34