Is this mold causing my illness?

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 04:10 pm
I have a sensitive respiratory system. I'm the first person who can't breathe in a dirty environment.

I just moved into this home a month ago. The outside looked good but once we moved in we found out a couple of things. One of it is a broken pipe that was thrown under the sink causing wetness from one side of the bathroom to the other side of the house where the other bathroom is.

Well we fixed the pipe, cleaned out the AC air ducts, fixed a sewage back up from the kitchen to the shower, hired exterminators for a huge bug infestation problem, but I my breathing problem is still getting worse every day!

I broke some wall down to look to see if there's any mold. Here are the pictures I found. Let me know if they look toxic.

http://imgur.com/a/OAVPx
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 980 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Hamsterbench

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 08:54 pm
@Hamsterbench,
Ive seen so many mold questions answered here. Why wont anyone help me?
tibbleinparadise

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 10:29 pm
@Hamsterbench,
I'd be finding me a new place to live. A little mold in the wall cavities is one thing, large amounts of mold and water damage on the exposed surface is just nasty.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 04:56 am
@Hamsterbench,
Most mold is harmless. But if it worries you then clean it up and see if that helps.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 09:15 am
I once lived in a house in Ipswich. After about a fortnight since moving in mould started appearing in the downstairs lavatory. At the same time my daughter developed a really nasty cough. This cleared up when we moved out.

Ask advice before you tackle the mould, just cleaning it off and applying a new coat of mould resistant paint might not be enough. There may be problems with the damp course or something like that.
0 Replies

Hamsterbench

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 01:00 pm
I took my family over to my parents last night. I felt an onset attack like i would die if I stayed in the house any longer. I stayed up all night having a hard time breathing but i am vastly improving this morning. I dont know if i have mold inside my body but when i go outside this morning (raining and humid) i feel symptoms coming back.

I cant afford health care because im inbetween jobs right now. My insurance was cut and medi cal mistakenly believes im getting unemployment income for the whole year.

Thank god my wife and daughter are unaffected.

I have no idea how to approach this problem with my landlord right now. Im still waiting for a response for her to write me a check for the pest control and air duct cleaning.
0 Replies