djjd62

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 07:24 pm
apparently a nonce is another word for pedophile in the uk

and this bird doesn't like child molesters
http://www.themanwhofellasleep.com/canary_nonce.jpg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 07:25 pm
"And that he calls for drink, I 'll have prepared him A chalice for the nonce." --Shak.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 07:32 pm
I r'member when really good stuff - all leaf and bud, no shake, stems or seeds - was about $20 a nonce - a weighed nonce, at that.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 07:42 pm
timberlandko wrote:
I r'member when really good stuff - all leaf and bud, no shake, stems or seeds - was about $20 a nonce - a weighed nonce, at that.

smarty !!!!!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 07:45 pm
Can I be the Papal Noncio? Please?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 07:50 pm
Hold on, hold on here. Arf a tick and all that. If the thread quoted by the Wabbit person says that the subject of the conversation will 'stay for the nonce.' does it not imply that there will be a nonce which will, in fact, be available to all and sundry on this forum? That's how I read it. There is no exclusivity expressed nor implied in that statement. I -- being a cockeyed optimist -- choose to believe that we all are in for some upcoming nonces. So lesh party!!!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 09:45 pm
Dear Merry Andrew, a nonce which will, in fact, be available to all and sundry on this forum, is not possible.

There are timing problems whereby a single nonce issued simultaneously on two concurrent requests could conceivably be accepted. However, this is relatively unlikely, and the design point was to err slightly on the side of permissiveness.

The permissiveness of Mr. De Kere is now at issue, as is the the obligation mentioned above which can be exploited in a Denial of Service. A challenge based system that involves issuing a nonce means that unauthenticated users can cause nonces to be generated at will.

While generating at Will is certainly more acceptable than firing at Will, in this instance it is not acceptable in practice, and only close range generating is considered beneficial.

(Will asked that I clarify this point on his behalf for any and all members ever desiring to fire at him.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 09:48 pm
Sitting me down to think awhile...
annonce, as it were, til I get my head straight and my mind around that curve you just posted.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 12:15 am
LAWYERS!!!

Now there's LAWYERS on the damned thread!!!

No caveats on the nonces!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 09:40 pm
What is the nonce we are sticking around for?

Data, functions, and operators exist in divers current APL systems in primitive, derived, and defined forms. Only data primitives occur in an extended literal form, which can be quite complex. This paper introduces a form of function literal, subsequently extended to include operators. Lexical scope is restricted to the minimum to achieve perspicuousness and syntactic predictability. The short expressions which result form convenient, explicit representations of some common trivial functions. They can indirectly simulate trivial operators. Nonce operators can simulate syntactic entities, which have been called transforms, that produce operators. The trade-offs between extra key strokes and symbol clutter are discussed.

Shall we kick it up a nonce?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 09:59 pm
I'd like to hear more about
Quote:
permissiveness of Mr. De Kere
. Has he been oot and aboot being permissive?
When?
Where?
With who?
For how long?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 11:29 pm
Oh my Diane.

I believe said permissiveness was moot, not avowed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 11:39 pm
Avowed permissiveness is so hard for a nun...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 11:50 pm
Oh - you three people with hangovers - what makes you think we GIVE a damn?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:23 am
I do believe the permissiveness of Mr. De Kere and the "indirectly stimulated trivial operators" of which Diane spoke, are intricately connected in a way that may, in some small way, be delaying our recieving of the nonce for which we wait.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:26 am
You mean we have to stimulate him???!!!!!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:57 am
errrr, yeah. That seems to be the way that reads, though what I meant was that perhaps he was being permissive with the trivial operators.

Then again, you may be onto something. Yeah! How else to produce a nonce? Great idea, wabbit!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 06:00 am
Even a Rabbit draws lines in the sand when it comes to stimulation, you know....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 06:01 am
That is one of them.

Anyhoo - the hamsters would never let ME do it........
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 10:25:08