Dualism: an ultimate and extreme example.

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2017 12:09 pm
Dualism has gotten a bad rap.

Sometimes you have to pick a side.
The problem is deciding which side to pick.

It was actually the lack of dualism with the Nazis. They had no right or wrong in pursuit of their goals.

Remember who Goebbels was - A propaganda minister. He didn't really believe the crap he was saying.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 08:05 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
It was actually the lack of dualism with the Nazis. They had no right or wrong in pursuit of their goals.

Nonsense, everybody is the hero of their own narrative. Apparently Himmler was very troubled by what he had to do, but he believed in race war, that one race would end up dominating all the others and it was better to get it all out of the way in one fell swoop. He even praised his offers who had committed real atrocities for remaining 'decent' throughout.

Goebbels may not have believed the crap he was saying but plenty of other top ranking Nazis did. Most of them believed that the Jews had brought this all on themselves, that there was a Jewish conspiracy between Wall Street and Moscow to cause the collapse of the Aryan people.

Even today there's plenty of idiots who still believe The Protocols Of Zion is a genuine document when it's been proven it's a propaganda piece created by Czarist Russia's secret police.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 07:35 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
[Leadfoot wrote:
"It was actually the lack of dualism with the Nazis. They had no right or wrong in pursuit of their goals."

Nonsense, everybody is the hero of their own narrative. Apparently Himmler was very troubled by what he had to do, but he believed in race war, that one race would end up dominating all the others and it was better to get it all out of the way in one fell swoop. He even praised his offers who had committed real atrocities for remaining 'decent' throughout.

Izzy apologetics for the Nazis?

It didn't sound like it but if what you are really saying is that people often lie to themselves, then you're right.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 10:00 am
@Leadfoot,
I thought you'd say that. You can't honestly debate anything so you twist people's words in an attempt to malign them.

You do it with everything. Only an idiot or a mountebank would think my post supported the Nazis. All I was saying is that they didn't see themselves as the bad guys. This didn't happen.

coluber2001

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 02:16 pm
@izzythepush,
That's what dualism is. You identify with one side of an interdependent opposite and try to destroy the other side. The stronger the identity, the stronger the opposition. That's what drives all fanatical religions. We're good, you're evil. Nobody says we're evil, you're good. God's always on our side, and you're the devil. That's the motto of the War Machine.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 05:38 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
All I was saying is that they didn't see themselves as the bad guys.

Talk about twisting words. I didn't say they saw themselves as the bad guys either. It did require them to lie to themselves about it however.

Everybody picks a side whether they admit it or not. You especially.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2017 12:58 am
@Leadfoot,
And you've chosen the backside, which is why you let it do all of your posts.
0 Replies