WA2K Radio is now on the air

Francis

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:28 am
Hmmm, Raggedy, I love those women!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:39 am
The photo of John shows his handsome face with the shadows making it look as interesting as he really is.

His wife, Lucchi-tze (tze for Nietze) is as brilliant as John, possibly, even more brilliant and much, much pretteir The are a beautiful couple with the kind of irreverence that Dys and I always respond to. They aren't nearly as serious as I had suspected. Delightfully loony would describe them very well.

The trip was greatly enjoyable although Dys and I have been having shocking memories of all the beans we ate...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:45 am
Listeners, I hate it when someone gives me an earworm,

Diane wrote:
Dys and I have been having shocking memories of all the beans we ate...

so now I'm going to HAVE to share this one with you

Memorieeeeeeees
light the corners of my mind
misty water-color memorieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
of the way we were

Scattered pictures
of the smiles we left behind
smiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiles we gave to one another
(oh yesterday) for the way we werrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre

Can it be that it was all so simple then
or has time rewritten every line
if we had the change to do it all againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:47 am
Francis, spoken like a true Frenchman, Paris:

On Becoming Bilingual

"If you call someone who knows two languages "bilingual" and someone who knows three languages "trilingual," what do you call someone who knows only one language? ---- An American."
This is a joke Europeans like a lot. A couple of years ago, when it looked like Europe was going to be an economically united politically coordinated colossus and Europeans were regaining that little spring in their step that disappeared around 1914, the visiting American heard it a lot. Even now, when Europe has reverted to form, the language issue remains something about which the visiting American is expected to be embarrassed. Most Americans have a good grasp on at most one language, which apparently we should call American, since leading British scholars don't like it to be called English.

And there's the Lady Diane.

Do you ever have anything negative to say about anyone, honey? I don't think so. Always looking on the sunny side, and that's how it should be.

For the optimists:

Well there's a dark and a troubled side of life.
There's a bright and a sunny side too.
But if you meet with the darkness and strife,
The sunny side we also may view.

Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side,
Keep on the sunny side of life.
It will help us every day, it will brighten all the way,
If we keep on the sunny side of life.

Oh, the storm and its fury broke today,
Crushing hopes that we cherish so dear.
Clouds and storms will in time pass away.
The sun again will shine bright and clear.

If we'll keep on the sunny side of life.

Let us greet with a song of hope each day.
Though the moments be cloudy or fair.
Let us trust in our Saviour always,
To keep us, every one, in His care.

0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:48 am
Dys
Great photo of JLNobody. He looks a lot like his paintings. I didn't think Dys knew any men that don't wear stetsons.

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:49 am
Diane
Diane, welcome home. We had our first freeze while you were gone. I didn't check out your garden for damage.

BBB
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:55 am
Ah, there's our Beth singing Barbra. Yes, memories are often all we have, folks.

BBB, welcome back, dear. Ah, me. Your Frost reminds me "When the frost is on the punkin' and the fodder's in the shock." Is that the way it goes?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:56 am
Letty wrote:

And there's the Lady Diane.

Do you ever have anything negative to say about anyone, honey? I don't think so. Always looking on the sunny side, and that's how it should be.

You mean Lady Diane is always putting the "sunny side" up?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:58 am
JLN giving directions to Dys ("go that way dys")
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgAFA9MVgxVRc1TmBUJwLtf6yImnzit!KEYsGuPDjxDpo19TAIoWfdGknOHuSkGzYcItFoTjLJ5axP!qYVivbvKsfwhYJGNGeruA3!NtmrTpQum4eFi0ZQ/899%20003.jpg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:02 am
Patagonia (arizona) Lake in the moonlight.
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgCJAtcVixZ2soqhHv7Se*8KDLMtdQel0eODC5ZzpJMTEq8oGjooM2Xo!wy1GfWsbpVgWkcA3*r4yW*BSX7iQpVTxd!JEDllIvq5g*UKUSmYo6BUHGvi4A/999%20006.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:03 am
Oh, but yes, Francis. That's the way she likes her eggs in the morning. <smile>
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:03 am
I'd guess that...
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:04 am
Off topic but thought I'd post anyway as birds as you know are near and dear to me.

Dead Bird Overshadows Domino World Record

Fri Nov 18, 9:59 PM ET

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - A Dutch television show claimed to have knocked down a chain of more than 4.1 million dominoes Friday in a new world record, but organizers conceded the event was overshadowed by the earlier shooting of an errant sparrow.

The sparrow was killed by an exterminator with an air rifle on Monday after it knocked down 23,000 dominoes. The killing was seen by many as an overreaction, and angered animal rights and bird protection groups.

It later emerged that the house sparrow, though common, is classified as an endangered species in the Netherlands. Its population has halved in the past 20 years to less than 1 million breeding pairs, due to human encroachment on its territory.

Domino Day organizers claimed that 4,155,476 dominoes successfully fell on Friday, bettering their own record of 3.9 million set last year and approved by Guinness World Records.

The show's creator, Robin Paul Weijers, referring to the dead bird, said the record generated "mixed emotion."

"We all feel terrible about what happened," he said.

More than 5,000 people signed a condolence register on an impromptu Web site set up to honor the bird, and Dutch media reported that the guard who shot the bird received death threats.

"I just wish we could channel all this energy that went into one dead sparrow into saving the species," said Hans Peeters, the head of the Dutch Bird Protection agency, who appealed Friday for calm.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:13 am
Ah, Bob, you're not off topic, honey. We have a saying here on WA2K that all news bad, or good news, is what it's all about.

And because Robert Blake was found guilty in a civil court of wrongful death, perhaps we ought to reconsider the double jeopardy.

It's Sunday, folks, and I do like this little song:

And I sing because I'm happy,
And I sing because I'm free,
And his eye is on the sparrow,
And I know he watches me.

Why did I play that.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:31 am
It's not even Sunday, folks. Guess I lost a day somewhere.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 10:37 am
Thanks folks for another fifteen minutes of fame.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 10:39 am
7 1/2
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 10:52 am
I wish I had taken photos of Dys and Diane, with her brilliant green eyes and his unmistakenly Don Quixote appearance. We had a great time with them: what cheering yet contempletative company.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 10:54 am
Dys, 7 1/2? Wide?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 11:02 am
Durn sparrow....

I like that Patagonia photo and a chance to see JLNobody. Thanks.
0 Replies