bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 04:07 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 04:10 am
Sam Neill
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Birth name Nigel John Dermot Neill
Born September 14, 1947 (1947-09-14) (age 59)
Omagh, Northern Ireland
Resides: Sydney, Australia[1]
[show]Awards
AFI Awards
Australian Film Institute Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role
1989 Evil Angels

Sam Neill, DCNZM, OBE (born 14 September 1947) is a New Zealand film and television actor. He is perhaps best known for his role in Reilly, Ace of Spies and playing paleontologist Doctor Alan Grant in Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III. Most recently he is in a Showtime production of The Tudors as Cardinal Wolsey.

Biography

Early life

Neill was born Nigel John Dermot Neill in Omagh, Northern Ireland, the second son of Dermot Neill, a Harrow and Sandhurst-educated army officer and third generation New Zealander, and his English wife, Priscilla. At the time of Neill's birth, his father was stationed in Northern Ireland. The family were the owners of Neill and Co., the largest liquor retailers in New Zealand.

Neill returned with his family to New Zealand in 1954, where he attended the Anglican boys' boarding school Christ's College, in Christchurch. He then went on to study English literature at the University of Canterbury, where he got his first exposure to acting. While at Canterbury University he resided at College House,[2] where he held the position of Chief Castigator and Crime Crusher (CCACC). He then moved to Wellington to continue his tertiary education at the Victoria University, from which he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature.

Acting career

After working at the New Zealand National Film Unit as a director and actor, Neill was cast as the lead in the New Zealand film Sleeping Dogs. Following this he appeared in the Australian classic, My Brilliant Career (1979), opposite Judy Davis. This appearance led to his being selected to play Damien Thorn in Omen III: The Final Conflict in 1981, one of the sequels to The Omen. In the late-1970s his mentor was the notable British actor James Mason.

After Roger Moore made his last James Bond movie in 1985, Neill was seriously considered for the role in The Living Daylights. He impressed people with his screen test and was the preferred choice of director John Glen. However, Cubby Broccoli was not as impressed by Neill, and the role eventually went to Timothy Dalton instead. Since then, Neill has played heroes and villains in a succession of film and television dramas and comedies. In the UK, he became well-known in the early-1980s, starring in dramas such as Ivanhoe and notably in the title role of Reilly, Ace of Spies.

Neill is known for his leading and co-starring roles in major films including Dead Calm (1989), The Hunt for Red October (1990), The Piano (1993), Sirens (1994), Jurassic Park (1993), Event Horizon (1997), The Dish (2000) and Jurassic Park 3 (2001).

The film Cinema of Unease: A Personal Journey by Sam Neill (1995) was written and directed by Sam Neill and Judy Rymer. In it Neill narrated his personal recollection of New Zealand film history. Neill was asked to play the role of Elrond in The Lord of the Rings by Peter Jackson, but turned it down because of his contractual obligations to another film, namely, Jurassic Park III (2001). He hosted and narrated a series of 2002 documentaries for BBC entitled Space (Hyperspace in the United States). He is currently starring in the historical drama The Tudors, playing Cardinal Wolsey, on the Showtime Network.

In 2006, Neill also lent his voice to a series of radio ads for Fifth Third Bank in the midwestern U.S.

Neill has said that he has not yet been asked to reprise his role as Dr. Alan Grant in the possible 2008 movie, Jurassic Park IV. Neil also appeared in Merlin (1998), a film based on the ledgend of King Arthur and the Lady of the Lake, portraying the ledgendary wizard. He also reprised his role as Merlin in the film's not-so-well receieved sequel, Merlin's Apprentice (2006), in which Merlin learns he fathered a son with the evil witch, Mab.

Personal life

Neill resides in Sydney, Australia and has one son, Tim (born in 1983), by New Zealand actress Lisa Harrow, and one daughter, Elena (born in 1990), by makeup artist Noriko Watanabe, whom he married in 1989. He is a supporter of the Australian Speak Easy Association and the British Stammering Association (BSA). Neill also supports the Australian Labor Party, Greenpeace, OxFam, and the World Wildlife Fund. He is a patron of the National Performance Conference. He also donated a pair of jeans to the Jeans for GenesĀ® auction; they were painted by artist Merv Moriarty and auctioned off in August 1998.

He is the owner of the Two Paddocks winery in Central Otago.

Neill is friends with New Zealand musicians Neil Finn and Tim Finn (of Crowded House and Split Enz) and with Australian musician Jimmy Barnes.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 04:13 am
A gorgeous young redhead goes into the doctor's office and said that her body hurt wherever she touched it.
"Impossible! " says the doctor. "Show me."
The redhead took her finger, pushed on her left shoulder and screamed,
then she pushed her elbow and screamed even more. She pushed her knee and screamed;
likewise she pushed her ankle and screamed. Everywhere she touched made her scream.
The doctor said, "You're not really a redhead, are you?
"Well, no" she said, "I'm actually a blonde."
"I thought so," the doctor said. "Your finger is broken."
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 02:29 pm
http://www.tvguide.com/images/pgimg/harve-presnell1.jpghttp://www.perfectstrangersthemovie.com/enhanced_images/sam_neill_med.jpg
http://www.nndb.com/people/611/000024539/joey-tvg.jpg

2 celebs & a blonde? Razz
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 04:54 pm
You Belong To My Heart
Bing Crosby w/ Xavier Cugat Orchestra

[Music by Agustin Lara]
[English lyrics by Ray Gilbert]

You belong to my heart
Now and forever
And our love had its start
Not long ago

We were gathering stars
While a million guitars played our love song
When I said "I love you"
Every beat of my heart said it, too

'Twas a moment like this
Do you remember
And your eyes threw a kiss
When they met mine

Now we own all the stars
And a million guitars are still playing
Darling, you are the song
And you'll always belong to my heart

---- Instrumental Interlude ----

'Twas a moment like this
Do you remember
And your eyes threw a kiss
When they met mine

Now we own all the stars
and a million guitars are still playing
Darling, you are the song
And you'll always belong to my heart
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 06:10 pm
You been down to the bottom with a bad man, babe,
But youre back where you belong.
Go get me my pistol, babe,
Honey, I cant tell right from wrong.

Baby, please stop crying, stop crying, stop crying
Baby, please stop crying.
You know, I know, the sun will always shine
So baby, please stop crying cause its tearing up my mind.

Go down to the river, babe,
Honey, I will meet you there.
Go down to the river, babe,
Honey, I will pay your fare.

If youre looking for assistance, babe,
Or if you just want some company
Or if you just want a friend you can talk to,
Honey, come and see about me.

You been hurt so many times
And I know what youre thinking of.
Well, I dont have to be no doctor, babe,
To see that youre madly in love.

Bob Dylan
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 06:14 pm
and a good evening to all !
now let's praise the one who gave us our daily sustenance ! :wink:
hbg

Quote:
Beer, Beer, Beer

words and music Traditional

A long time ago, way back in history,
when all there was to drink was nothin but cups of tea.
Along came a man by the name of Charlie Mops,
and he invented a wonderful drink and he made it out of hops.

He must have been an admiral a sultan or a king,
and to his praises we shall always sing.
Look what he has done for us he's filled us up with cheer!
Lord bless Charlie Mops, the man who invented beer beer beer
tiddly beer beer beer.

The Curtis bar, the James' Pub, the Hole in the Wall as well
one thing you can be sure of, its Charlie's beer they sell
so all ye lads a lasses at eleven O'clock ye stop
for five short seconds, remember Charlie Mops 1 2 3 4 5

A barrel of malt, a bushel of hops, you stir it around with a stick,
the kind of lubrication to make your engine tick.
40 pints of wallop a day will keep away the quacks.
Its only eight pence hapenny and one and six in tax, 1 2 3 4 5

He must have been an admiral a sultan or a king,
and to his praises we shall always sing.
Look what he has done for us he's filled us up with cheer!
Lord bless Charlie Mops, the man who invented beer beer beer
tiddly beer beer beer.

The Lord bless Charlie Mops!
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 06:39 pm
and here a mellow tune for a warm evening !

Quote:
I Cover the Waterfront

Lester Young

http://www.musicweb-international.com/jazz/2005/Lester_Young_8120764.jpg

I cover the waterfront
I'm watching the sea
Will the one I love
Be coming back to me
I cover the waterfront
In search of my love
An I'm covered
By a starlit sky above
Here am I
Patiently waiting
Hoping and longing
Oh how I yearn
Where are you
Have you thought back time
Will you remember
Will you return

Will the one I love
Be coming back
To me

Johnny Green and Edward Heyman

0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 07:12 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 07:17 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 07:21 am
Fay Wray

Birth name Vina Fay Wray
Born September 15, 1907(1907-09-15)
Cardston, Alberta, Canada
Died August 8, 2004 (aged 96)
New York, New York, U.S.

Vina Fay Wray (September 15, 1907 - August 8, 2004) was a Canadian-American actress.

Early life

Wray was born on a ranch near Cardston, Alberta, Canada to Elvina Marguerite Jones, who was from Salt Lake City, Utah, and Joseph Heber Wray, who was from Kingston upon Hull, UK.[1] Her family moved to the United States when she was three. Although Wray's autobiography discusses her Mormon parentage and makes it clear that she was culturally Mormon, she was apparently never baptized as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Wray's family lived in predominantly Mormon communities in Alberta, Arizona and Salt Lake City, Utah before settling in Los Angeles, California, where she got her first film work in Hal Roach comedy shorts and in low-budget westerns in the early 1920s.

Career

Wray gained media attention when she was selected as one of the WAMPAS Baby Stars in 1926, which resulted in a contract at Paramount Pictures.

In 1928, director Erich von Stroheim cast Wray as the main female lead in his troubled production of The Wedding March, which sent Hollywood in a buzz for its high budget and production values. It was a financial failure, but it gave Wray her first lead role.

She is best remembered for her role as Ann Darrow, the blonde seductress of a gigantic, prehistoric gorilla in the classic horror/adventure film King Kong (1933). She wore a blonde wig over her naturally dark hair for the role.

She continued in films but by the early 1940s her appearances grew sporadic. She appeared frequently on television making her final appearance in 1980.

Her autobiography, On the Other Hand (ISBN 0-312-02265-4), was published in 1988.

In the later years of her life, Wray continued to make public appearances, and was a guest at the 70th Academy Awards, where the show's host, Billy Crystal introduced her and paid tribute to her film legacy.

Wray was approached to appear in a small cameo for the film King Kong (2005), and also met with Naomi Watts who was to play the Ann Darrow role. Before filming commmenced, Wray died in her sleep in her Manhattan home, and was interred at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Hollywood, California. After her death was announced the lights on the Empire State Building were extinguished for 15 minutes in her memory.

For her contribution to the motion picture industry, Fay Wray has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6349 Hollywood Blvd. She received a posthumous star on Canada's Walk of Fame in Toronto on June 5, 2005. A small park near Lee's Creek on Main Street in Cardston, Alberta, is named "Fay Wray Park" in her honor. The small sign at the edge of the park on Main Street has a silhouette of King Kong on it. In May 2006, Wray became one of the first four entertainers to ever be honored by Canada Post by being featured on a postage stamp.

Richard O'Brien paid a tribute to Fay Wray in the musical Rocky Horror Picture Show. In the song "Rose Tint My World," Frank-n-Furter sings:

Whatever happened, to Fay Wray? / that delicate, satin-draped frame / as it clung to her thigh / how i started to cry / 'cause i wanted to be dressed just the same

Personal life

Wray was married three times, to John Monk Saunders, Robert Riskinand Dr. Sanford Rothenberg

She had three children, Susan Saunders, Victoria Riskin, Robert Riskin Jr.

She became a naturalized citizen of the United States in 1935.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 07:26 am
Penny Singleton

Penny Singleton (September 15, 1908 - November 12, 2003) was a Hollywood actress best known for her role in the series of motion pictures based on the comic strip Blondie, followed by the popular Blondie radio program.

Born Marianna Dorothy Agnes Letitia McNulty in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and known as Dorothy McNulty, she was the daughter of an Irish-American newspaperman, Benny McNulty. She began her show business career as a child by singing at a silent movie theater, and toured in vaudeville as part of an act called The Kiddie Kabaret. She sang and danced with Milton Berle (whom she had known since childhood) and actor Gene Raymond, and appeared on Broadway in Jack Benny's Great Temptations.

She married a dentist, Lawrence Singleton, in 1937, and moved to Hollywood, where she later became billed as Penny Singleton. They had one child, a daughter, and divorced in 1939. She married Robert Sparks in 1941. They had one child, a daughter. Sparks died on July 22, 1963.

She appeared as a nightclub dancer in After the Thin Man (still credited under her real name). She was cast opposite Arthur Lake (as Dagwood) in the feature film Blondie in 1938, based on the comic strip by Chic Young. They repeated their roles on a radio comedy beginning in 1939, and in guest appearances on other radio shows. As Dagwood and Blondie Bumstead, they proved so popular that a succession of 27 sequels were made from 1938 until 1950 (the radio show ended the same year). Husband Robert Sparks produced a number of these sequels. Singleton dyed her brunette hair blonde for the rest of her life.

She was active in union affairs and was the first woman president of an AFL-CIO union. She led a strike by the Radio City Rockettes.

She became familiar to television audiences as the voice of Jane Jetson in the animated series The Jetsons, which originally aired from 1962 until 1963, reprising the role for a syndicated revival which (from 1985 through 1988) and assorted specials, records, and Jetsons: The Movie. She also toured in nightclubs and roadshows of plays and musicals.

Singleton died in Sherman Oaks, California following a stroke at the age of 95, and was interred in San Fernando Mission Cemetery in Los Angeles, California.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 07:32 am
Jackie Cooper

Birth name John Cooper, Jr.
Born September 15, 1922 (1922-09-15) (age 84)
Los Angeles, California, US
Spouse(s) June Horne (1944-1949)
Hildy Parks (1950-1951)
Barbara Kraus (1954-)
Children John Anthony Cooper (b.1946)
Russell Cooper (b.1956)
Julie Cooper (1957-1997)
Cristina Cooper (b.1959)
[show]Awards
Emmy Awards
Outstanding Directing - Comedy Series
1972 M*A*S*H
Outstanding Directing - Drama Series
1978 The White Shadow

Jackie Cooper (born September 15, 1922) is an American Academy Award-nominated actor, Emmy Award-winning TV director, and TV producer. He was a child actor who managed to transition into an adult career.

Biography

Early life

Cooper was born John Cooper, Jr.[1] in Los Angeles, California. His father, John Cooper, left the family when Jackie was two years old. His mother, Mabel Leonard Bigelow (nee Polito), was a stage pianist[2] and former child actress.[3] Cooper's maternal uncle, Jack Leonard, was a screenwriter, and his maternal aunt, Julie Leonard, was an actress married to director Norman Taurog. Cooper's stepfather was C. J. Bigelow, a studio production manager.[4] Cooper was born illegitimately; his mother was Italian American (her family's surname was changed from "Polito" to "Leonard") and his father was Jewish.[5][6][7][8]

Acting career

Cooper first appeared in the short Boxing Gloves in 1929, one of the Our Gang comedies. He was signed to a three year contract that was to expire in 1932. He initially was only a supporting character in 1929, but by early 1930 he had done so well with the transition to sound films that he had become a major character. He was the main character on episodes like The First Seven Years, When The Wind Blows, and others. His most notable Our Gang shorts explore his crush on Miss Crabtree, the schoolteacher played by June Marlowe, which included the trilogy of shorts Teacher's Pet, School's Out, and Love Business.

Other movie studios liked Cooper's work. In the Spring of 1931, Paramount signed him as well as recurring Our Ganger Donald Haines to a long term contract to star in features. Both Jackie Cooper and Donald Haines walked off the Our Gang set during the production of the second to last episode Bargain Day" to begin work on their first feature film over at Paramount. His first non-Our Gang role was in 1931, when Norman Taurog hired him to star in Skippy, for which he was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor - the youngest actor ever (at the age of 9) to be nominated for an Oscar as Best Actor. Jackie would remain at Paramount while at the same time Donald Haines would leave Paramount to return to the more child friendly Hal Roach Studios and resume his recurring Our Gang role on time for the start of the 1931-1932 season (when Our Gang was depleted because several long-time major characters would not return for the new season) until 1933 and continue on in other Roach short subjects after that.

The movie catapulted young Cooper to super-stardom. Our Gang producer Hal Roach sold Jackie's contract to Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer in mid-1931, as he felt the youngster would have a better future in features. He began a long on-screen relationship with actor Wallace Beery in such films as The Champ (1931), The Bowery (1933), Treasure Island (1934), and O'Shaughnessy's Boy (1935). A legion of film critics and fans have lauded the relationship between the two as an example of classic movie magic. However, Cooper later revealed that Beery was a violent, foul-mouthed drunkard who was disliked by those with whom he worked. Cooper said Beery had been abusive toward him, and was one of the cruelest, most sadistic people he has ever known.

Not conventionally handsome as he approached adulthood, Cooper had the typical child-actor problems finding roles as an adolescent, and he served in World War II, so his career was at a nadir when he starred in two popular television series, The People's Choice and Hennesey. His television experience convinced him that he could become a director and he successfully moved behind the camera to become one of the busier Emmy Award-winning television directors.

Cooper as an adult actor in Superman, 1978Cooper found renewed fame in the 1970s as Daily Planet editor Perry White in the Superman feature film series starring Christopher Reeve.

Personal life

Cooper has been married three times: to June Horne (1944-1949) (one son, "John "Jack" Cooper born 1946); Hildy Parks (1950-1951), and (since 1954) to Barbra Krause (born 1927) (three children, Russ (born 1956), Julie (1957-1997), and Crissy (born 1959).

Cooper's autobiography, Please Don't Shoot My Dog, was published in 1982. The title comes from director Norman Taurog's threat to shoot young Jackie's dog if he could not cry in Skippy. Cooper has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 1501 Vine Street.

Cooper is one of the few living Our Gangers from the original series. Other surviving members are Dorothy DeBorba, Dickie Moore, Shirley Jean Rickert, Jean Darling, Mickey Gubitosi, Jerry Tucker, and Jacqueline Taylor.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 07:36 am
Tommy Lee Jones

Birth name Tommy Lee Jones
Born September 15, 1946 (1946-09-15) (age 61)
San Saba, Texas
Years active 1970 - present
[show]Awards
Academy Awards
Best Supporting Actor
1993 The Fugitive
Emmy Awards
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or a Special
1983 The Executioner's Song
Golden Globe Awards
Best Supporting Actor - Motion Picture
1994 The Fugitive

Tommy Lee Jones (born September 15, 1946) is an Academy Award-winning American actor and director.

Biography

Early life

Jones was born in San Saba, Texas to Clyde C. Jones, an oil field worker, and Lucille Marie (Scott), a police officer, school teacher, and beauty shop owner;[1] the two were married and divorced twice. Jones, an eighth-generation Texan, has a Cherokee Native American grandparent.[2] He was a resident of Midland, Texas and attended the same high school, Robert E. Lee High School, as the First Lady Laura Bush.

Jones graduated from the St. Mark's School of Texas (where he is now on the board of directors) and attended Harvard on a scholarship, where he lived in Mower B-12 as a freshman, across the hall from future Vice President Al Gore. As an upperclassman, he was roommates with Gore and John Lithgow in Dunster House. Jones played offensive tackle on Harvard's undefeated 1968 varsity football team, was nominated as a first-team All-Ivy League selection, and played in the memorable and literal last-minute Harvard sixteen-point comeback blitz to tie Yale in the 1968 Game. Jones graduated cum laude with a degree in English in 1969.[3]

Career

Jones then moved to New York City to become an actor. He started acting on Broadway and in television. He made his debut in movies in Love Story, in 1970 (Erich Segal, the author of "Love Story" has said that he based the lead character of Oliver on the two undergrad roommates he knew while teaching at Harvard, Jones and Al Gore.). Between 1971 and 1975, he portrayed Dr. Mark Toland on the ABC soap opera, One Life to Live, and then he played the role of an escaped convict who was hunted down by the police in Jackson County Jail (1976). In 1978, he starred opposite Sir Laurence Olivier in The Betsy.

In 1981, he played a drifter opposite Sally Field in Back Roads, a comedy that received middling reviews and grossed $11 million at the box office.[4] In 1983, he received an Emmy for Best Actor for his performance as murderer Gary Gilmore in a TV adaptation of Norman Mailer's The Executioner's Song. In the same year he also starred in pirate adventure Nate and Hayes, playing the heavily bearded Captain Bully Hayes. Despite being a film that was largely forgotten due to the unspectacular title, interest has recently been rekindled thanks to the Pirates of the Caribbean films. [dubious - discuss]

In the 1990s, movies such as The Fugitive co-starring Harrison Ford, Batman Forever co-starring Val Kilmer, and Men in Black with Will Smith brought him tens of millions of dollars and made him one of the top actors of Hollywood. His role in The Fugitive won him wide acclaim and an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. When he accepted his Oscar, his head was shaved for his role in the film Cobb, a situation he made light of in his speech by saying "All a man can say at a time like this is 'I am not really bald.'"

In 2005, he released his first feature-film The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada, that was presented at the 2005 Cannes Film Festival. It won him the Best Actor Award. His first film as director was in 1995, a made-for-television movie.

Personal life

At the 2000 Democratic National Convention, he presented the nominating speech for his college roommate, Al Gore, as the Democratic Party's nominee for President of the United States.

Jones has two children from his second marriage to Kimberlea Cloughey: Victoria Kafka (born 1991) and Austin Leonard (born 1982). He was married to Kate Lardner, the daughter of Ring Lardner Jr. from 1971 to 1978. On March 19, 2001, he married his third wife, Dawn Laurel.

Jones resides in Terrell Hills, Texas, a community in San Antonio.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 07:55 am
It's that time of year to take our Annual Dementia Test.

Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles.
As we grow older, it's important to keep mentally alert. If you don't
use it, you lose it! Below is a very private way to gauge your loss or
non-loss of intelligence.

Take the test presented here to determine if you're losing it or not. The
spaces below are so you don't see the answers until you've made your answer.

OK, relax, clear your mind and begin.

1. What do you put in a t oaster?

Answer: "bread." If you said "toast," give up now and do something else.

Try not to hurt yourself. Pop another can of Ensure and a shot of Geritol.

If you said, bread, go to Question 2.

2. Say "silk" five times. Now spell "silk." What do cows drink?

Answer: Cows drink water. If you said "milk," don't attempt the next
question.

Your brain is over-stressed and you might start drooling. Content
yourself with reading more appropriate literature such as "Green Eggs and Ham", Sam I'm Am.

However, if you said "water", proceed to question 3.

3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made
from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?

Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said "green bricks,"
why are you still reading these??? I'm pretty sure it's past your nap time! If you said "glass," go on to Question 4.

4. It's twenty years ago, and a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over
Germany (If you will recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany .) Anyway, during the flight, TWO engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure. Unfortunately the engine fails before he can do so and the plane fatally crashes smack in the middle of "no man's land" between East Germany and West Germany .

Where would you bury the survivors? East Germany, West Germany, or no man's land"?

Answer: You don't bury survivors. If you said ANYTHING else, you are
demented and you must stop. Your dog Rover didn't run away, you buried him some place, no more gardening for you.

If you said, "You don't bury survivors" proceed to the next question.

5. Without using a calculator - You are driving a bus from London to
M ilford Haven in Wales . In London , 17 people get on the bus; In Reading , six people get off the bus and nine people get on. In Swindon , two people get off and four get on. In Cardiff , 11 people get off and 16 people get on. In Swansea , three people get off and five people get on. In Carmathen, six people get off and three get on. You then arrive at
Milford Haven.

What was the name of the bus driver ?

Answer: Oh, for crying out loud! Don't you remember your own name? It
was YOU!!

If your name was Bob at the beginning of this question, it still is Bob!

Now try the next one.

6. Spot... Spot... Spot S P O T what do you do when you come to a
green light?

Stop was not the right thing to do at a GREEN light. I'm afraid you'll need
to give me the car keys please.If you said go, continue to the next
question.

7. Joke... Joke... Joke J O K E what is the white of the egg called?

Did you say YOLK? I'll be keeping the car keys. We'll test you later
to see if you qualify for a 3 wheeled scooter. Oh yeah, it's probably time to change your diaper too! If you said egg whites you're good to drive for another year. But I'll be watching you.

Now pass this along to all your friends (if you remember their names)
and pray
they do better than you.
PS: 95% of people fail most of the questions, the other 5% your age
cheat!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 11:55 am
Angel Baby
Rosie & The Originals

It's just like heaven being here with you
You're like an angel too good to be true
But after all, I love you, I do
Angel Baby, my Angel Baby

When you are near me my heart skips a beat
I can hardly stand on my own two feet
Because I love you, I love you, I do

Oooh, I love you, ooooh I do
No one could love you like I do

Please never leave me blue and alone
If you ever go I'm sure you'll come back home
Because I love you, I love you, I do

Oooooh, I love you, oooh I do
No one could love you like I do
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 01:38 pm
It's too late - she's gone
it's too late - my baby's gone
wish I had told her - she was my only one
but it's too late - she's gone

It's a weak man that cries
so I guess I'd best dry my eyes
guess I will miss her more than any one
but it's too late - she's gone

She's gone - yes, she's gone
she's gone - my my baby's gone
She's gone - yes, she's gone
where can my baby be

I wonder does she know
when she left me - it hurt me so
I need your lovin' - please don't make me weep
and tell me - it's not too late

Buddy Holly
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 02:16 pm
I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more.
No, I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more.
Well, I wake in the morning,
Fold my hands and pray for rain.
I got a head full of ideas
That are drivin' me insane.
It's a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor.

I ain't gonna work for Maggie's brother no more.
No, I ain't gonna work for Maggie's brother no more.
Well, he hands you a nickel,
He hands you a dime,
He asks you with a grin
If you're havin' a good time,
Then he fines you every time you slam the door.
I ain't gonna work for Maggie's brother no more.

I ain't gonna work for Maggie's pa no more.
No, I ain't gonna work for Maggie's pa no more.
Well, he puts his cigar
Out in your face just for kicks.
His bedroom window
It is made out of bricks.
The National Guard stands around his door.
Ah, I ain't gonna work for Maggie's pa no more.

I ain't gonna work for Maggie's ma no more.
No, I ain't gonna work for Maggie's ma no more.
Well, she talks to all the servants
About man and God and law.
Everybody says
She's the brains behind pa.
She's sixty-eight, but she says she's fifty-four.
I ain't gonna work for Maggie's ma no more.

No, I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more.
Well, I try my best
To be just like I am,
But everybody wants you
To be just like them.
They say sing while you slave and I just get bored.

Bob Dylan
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 02:40 pm
Fay Wray & Tommie Lee Jones with famous costars :wink:

http://daily.greencine.com/archives/fay-wray-2.jpghttp://marko.n.a.cowblog.fr/2996350.jpg
0 Replies