I got the feelin'
The feelin's gone
My heart belongs to me

(Didn't I love you)
(Didn't I love you)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 05:52 pm
Wow, folks. DrewDad is right. It is awfully quiet today, and the evening approaches.

Inspired by the Picture Connection, I was quite surprised to find that I know this song.

Artist: The Dixie Hummingbirds
Song: Loves Me Like A Rock

When I was a little boy
(When I was just a boy)
And the devil would call my name
(When I was just a boy)
I'd say "now who do…
(Who?)
Who do you think you're fooling?"

I'm a concentrated boy
(I'm a concentrated boy)
I'm a singer in a Sunday choir
My mama loves me, she loves me
She gets down on her knees and hugs me
She loves me like a rock
She rocks me like the rock of ages
And she loves me
She loves me, loves me, loves me, loves me

When I was grown to be a man
(Grown to be a man)
And the devil would call my name
(Grown to be a man)
I'd say "now who do…
(Who?)
(Who do you think you're fooling?)

I'm aconsummated man
I can snatch a little purity
She loves me like a rock
And she loves me

If I was President
(Was the President)
And the Congress called my name
(Was the President)
I'd say "who do…
(Who?)
(Who do you think you're fooling?)
I've got the Presidential Seal
I'm up on the Presidential Podium
And she loves me like a rock
And she loves me
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 06:04 pm
Well, there's our Texas songster. Hey, edgar. Love that one, buddy. Here's one to complete the question.

Do I love you, oh my, do I
Honey, deed I do.

Do I want you, oh my, do I
Honey, deed I do.

I'm glad that I'm the one who found you
That's why I'm always hangin' 'round you

So, do I love you, oh my, do I
Honey, deed I do.

Cole Porter
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 06:25 pm
Deed I Do
Donovan

Now, it makes no difference what you do, I love you, babe.
Well, I need your lovin', I need it bad, oh deed I do.
Now, you don't believe me when I say I love you, babe.
I wanna know the score, all I want is more, oh deed I do.
I wanna lay you down, prove to you I love you, babe.
I wanna turn you on to my lovin', babe, Oh deed I do.
I got the blues like a Gypsy Dave never has, babe.
I got a jealous dream of losing you, oh deed I have.
Now I can never say I'd ever miss you, gal,
'Cause I'm proud as a king, I wanna hear you saying "Oh deed I do."
Won't you break my mind and take your time to love me, babe.
You've shattered my brain with a mean saying, oh deed you have.
And you've taken every thought of love I'm thinkin', babe,
you've hung them high, gonna let them dry beneath the sun.
I'm gonna bend the bones that hold my blues together, babe.
I'm gonna stretch the string that my troubles bring to me each night.
I'm gonna sing a song with words that say I love you, babe.
I say I need your lovin' and need it bad, Oh deed I do.
Now, it makes no difference what you do, I love you, babe.
Well, I need your lovin', I need it bad, oh deed I do
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 06:55 pm
HEY YOU CATS ! LET'S SWING !
http://www.uky.edu/StudentOrgs/HKSDC/cwebb.jpg

Quote:
Stompin' At The Savoy

Chick Webb, Lester Young

Savoy, the home of sweet romance,
Savoy, it wins you with a glance,
Savoy, gives happy feet a chance to dance.

Your old form just like a clinging vine,
Your lips so warm and sweet as wine,
Your cheek so soft and close to mine, divine.

How my heart is singing,
While the band is swinging,
I'm never tired of romping,
And stomping with you at the Savoy.
What joy - a perfect holiday,
Savoy, where we can glide and sway,
Savoy, let me stomp away with you;

The home of sweet romance,
It wins you at a glance,
Gives happy feet a chance to dance.
Just like a clinging vine,
So soft and sweet as wine,
So soft and close to mine, divine.

How my heart is singing,
While the band is swinging,
I'm never, never, never tired of romping,
And stomping with you at the Savoy.
What joy - a perfect holiday,
Savoy, where we can glide and sway,
Savoy, let me stomp away with you;

http://www.nndb.com/people/351/000070141/lester-young-2-sized.jpg
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 07:05 pm
http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/pastexhibits/womenofourtime/EllaFitzgerald.jpg

Quote:

Nice Work If You Can Get It
(you said it , sister ! hbg)

Ella Fitzgerald, Gershwin

The man who only lives for making money
Lives a life that isn't necessarily sunny
Likewise the man who works for fame
There's no guarantee that time won't erase his name

The fact is, the only work that really brings enjoyment
Is the kind that is for girl and boy meant
Fall in love and you won't regret it
That's the best work of all, if you can get it

Holding hands at midnight
'Neath a starry sky
Nice work if you can get it
And you can get it if you try

Strolling with the one girl
Sighing sigh after sigh
And you can get it if you try

Just imagine someone
Waiting at the cottage door
Where two hearts become one
Who could ask for anything more?

Loving one who loves you
And then taking that vow
It's nice work if you can get it
And if you get it, won't you tell me how?"

(bridge)

Just imagine someone
Waiting at the cottage door
Where two hearts become one
Who could ask for anything more?

Loving one who loves you
And then taking that vow
And if you get it, won't you tell me how?"

by Ira & George Gershwin

0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 07:44 pm
Marvelous transition, edgar. I need to ask you a question tomorrow about that man. Thank you, Texas.

hbg, every picture; every song; every day that has gone wrong is swept away in your music. The pictures and the accompanying lyrics are wonderful, Canada.

I must say goodnight, now, and I can't think of a better way to do so than through the poetry of Tennyson that has been set to music.

Sweet and low, sweet and low,

Wind of the western sea,

Low, low, breathe and blow,

Wind of the western sea!

Over the rolling waters go,

Come from the dying moon, and blow,

Blow him again to me;

While my little one, while my pretty one sleeps. -

Sleep and rest, sleep and rest,

Father will come to thee soon;

Rest, rest, on mother's breast,

Father will come to thee soon;

Father will come to his babe in the next,

Silver sails all out of the west

Under the silver moon;

Sleep, my little one, sleep, my pretty one, sleep.

Thank you, Lord Tennyson, for the wonderful memory of my children

Goodnight

From Letty with love
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 06:03 am
Good morning, WA2K listeners and contributors.

By accident, I watched a movie called "Dangerous Minds". It was excellent and I found that it was, like Lean on Me, a true story of a teacher. More about that later.

My goodness, folks, I found out that Hank Locklin is still alive and singing. Love this one.

Geisha Girl Lyrics
Artist(Band):Hank Locklin

Have you ever heard a love song that you didn't understand
Well you've met her in a teahouse on the Island of Japan
And have you ever traveled over a many thousand miles
To see a pretty Geisha girl dressed in Oriental style
They read it in the Tea Leaves and it's written in the sand
I found love by the heartful in the foreign distant land
Tell the homefolks that I'm happy with someone that's true I know
I love a pretty Geisha girl where the ocean breezes blow
[ guitar ]
I have stood and watched the sunrise from the waters of the sea
And wondered how much beauty in this whole world can there be
My dreams are all worth dreaming and it makes my life worth while
To see my pretty Geisha girl dressed in Oriental style
They read it in the Tea Leaves...

http://z.about.com/d/gojapan/1/0/9/9/geisha1small.gif
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 06:58 am
Anne Archer
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Born August 24, 1947 (1947-08-24) (age 60)
Los Angeles, California, USA

Anne Archer (born August 24, 1947) is an Academy Award nominated American movie and TV actress. She was born in Los Angeles, California. She is the daughter of actress Marjorie Lord and actor John Archer.

Career

Archer's first major film role was opposite Jon Voight in the 1970 film The All-American Boy. She then worked off-Broadway during the early 1980s.

A breakthrough role for Archer was in the 1987 thriller Fatal Attraction, in which she played the wife of Michael Douglas' character. The film earned her an Academy Award nomination as Best Supporting Actress. In 1992, she played the wife of CIA Analyst Jack Ryan in Patriot Games opposite Harrison Ford.

Before her breakout role, Archer was one of the finalists for the role of Lois Lane in Superman: The Movie before it ultimately went to Margot Kidder.

Recently Archer has appeared in recurring roles on three separate acclaimed television shows. On The L Word she plays Lenore Pieszecki, the troubled mother of Alice Pieszecki (Leisha Hailey); on The Ghost Whisperer she plays Beth Gordon, the mother of lead character Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt); on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia she plays Barbara Reynolds, the rich, self-serving, socialite mother of Dee and Dennis Reynolds (Kaitlin Olson and Glenn Howerton) and ex-wife of Frank Reynolds (Danny DeVito).

Personal life

Archer married William Davis in 1968, but they later divorced. In 1979, she married Terry Jastrow. Archer has two sons, one from each marriage.[1]

In 1991, Archer made the story of an abortion which she had had public. She has been an activist supporter of Planned Parenthood. [1]

Archer is a longtime member of the Church of Scientology[2] and a supporter of the Citizens Commission on Human Rights[3]. Her son Tom Davis is a spokesman for the Church of Scientology.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 07:00 am
Steve Guttenberg

Birth name Steven Robert Guttenberg
Born August 24, 1958 (1958-08-24) (age 49)
Brooklyn, New York, United States

Steven Robert Guttenberg (born August 24, 1958) is an American film and television actor. He became known during the 1980s, after a series of starring roles in major Hollywood films, including Cocoon, Three Men and a Baby and Police Academy.

Biography

Early life

Guttenberg was born in Brooklyn, New York to Ann Iris Newman, a surgical assistant, and Jerome Stanley Guttenberg, an electrical engineer.[1] He had a Jewish upbringing[2] and grew up in North Massapequa, Long Island, New York, where he graduated from Plainedge High School in 1976. He attended The Juilliard School, State University of New York, and the University of California at Los Angeles.[3]

Acting career

His studies, which include years with teacher Herbert Berghof and with the improvisational comedy school, The Groundlings, took him to such theaters as the Helen Hayes on Broadway, where he created the lead role in Prelude to a Kiss and "The Comedy" in London's West End, where he starred in The Boys Next Door. He won kudos in the world stage premiere production of Furthest From the Sun, which Woody Harrelson directed and co-authored. Guttenberg has also appeared widely on TV. His television films include the critically acclaimed Miracle on Ice (1981) (TV), To Race the Wind (1980) (TV), Something for Joey (1977) (TV) and the controversial nuclear holocaust picture, The Day After (1983) (TV), which more than 20 years after its original airing remains the highest-rated made-for-television movie in history. Prior to his becoming well known, Guttenberg played the title role in the short-lived 1979 sitcom Billy as a teenage boy with a Walter Mitty complex; in 1980, he starred in a Coca-Cola commercial that featured him trying to help a woman who did not speak English, whose car had stalled. They share a common bond in their love of Coke.

Guttenberg has been the star or co-star in six films that earned over USD$100,000,000 in the United States, a feat accomplished by relatively few actors. He has also starred in three film franchises: Cocoon (1985), Three Men and a Baby (1987), and Police Academy (1984). As well as these he has also appeared in such films as Diner (1982), The Bedroom Window (1987), The Boys from Brazil (1978) and a string of television films.

Although Guttenberg is known as a film actor, his roots are in the theater. His first film as director/producer/co-screenwriter/star was the adaptation of a Broadway hit, the stage comedy/drama P.S. Your Cat Is Dead (2002) by the late James Kirkwood Jr., co-author of A Chorus Line.

Guttenberg had a recurring role on second season of the television series Veronica Mars as Woody Goodman, a wealthy businessman and community leader. He also appeared as a lead in the NBC made-for-TV remake of The Poseidon Adventure, which aired on November 20, 2005. He played "Richard Clarke," a failing writer having an affair with a massage therapist when the boat tips over.

Other work

Guttenberg is also involved with charity work aimed at improving opportunities for the homeless and for young people. He has created Guttenhouse, an apartment complex he funded to accommodate young people after their graduation from foster child status, with on-site social worker direction to assist their assuming adult responsibilities. The Entertainment Industry Foundation, Hollywood's charity arm, selected him to be Ambassador for Children's Issues because of his work on behalf of children and the homeless. In this capacity, he is spearheading Sight for Students, a $7-million program in which, together with VSP and Altair Eyeglasses, he will help provide glasses for 50,000 underprivileged and visually challenged children throughout their school years. He also is a huge supporter of Plainedge school district, where he went to high school and runs charity events there often.

His interest in the welfare of youngsters is reflected in his work as a producer and director. He executive-produced Gangs, a CBS School Break Special which earned an Emmy nomination, and he debuted as a director with a CBS School Break Special, Love Off Limits (1993) (TV). Guttenberg's spare time is taken up by his charitable activities for such kids-oriented agencies as Friends of the Children/Bridges, The Starlight Foundation as well as the Entertainment Industry Foundation. He is also a surfer, golfer and devoted dog owner.

His production company, "Mr. Kirby Productions", is named after Gerald J. Kirby, his high school drama teacher.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 07:03 am
Marlee Matlin

Birth name Marlee Beth Matlin
Born August 24, 1965 (1965-08-24) (age 42)
Morton Grove, Illinois
Spouse(s) Kevin Grandalski (1993-)
[show]Awards
Academy Awards
Best Actress
1986 Children of a Lesser God
Golden Globe Awards
Best Actress - Motion Picture Drama
1987 Children of a Lesser God

Marlee Beth Matlin (born August 24, 1965) is an Academy Award-winning American actress who is almost completely deaf. She is often confused with political pundit Mary Matalin.

Biography

Matlin was born to Donald and Libby Matlin, a Jewish couple from Morton Grove, Illinois. Her paternal grandparents, Anne Weinstein and Edward Matlin, were immigrants from Russia.[1] Matlin graduated from John Hersey High School in nearby Arlington Heights. She lost all hearing in her right ear, and 80% of hearing in her left ear at the age of 18 months.

She is actively involved with a number of charitable organizations, including the Children Affected by AIDS Foundation, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the Red Cross Celebrity Cabinet.

Matlin has been close friends with actress Jennifer Beals since they met in an airport in the 1980s.[2]

Matlin married Roman Catholic law enforcement officer Kevin Grandalski on August 29, 1993 (in Henry Winkler's back yard). They have four children: Sarah Rose, born 1996; Brandon, born 2000; Tyler, born 2002; and Isabella Jane, born 2003.

Career

She made her stage debut at the age of seven, as Dorothy in a children's theatre version of The Wizard of Oz, and continued to appear with the same children's theatre group throughout her childhood.

Her film debut, 1986's Children of a Lesser God, brought her a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Drama and an Academy Award for Best Actress (at 21, the youngest ever to win in that category).

She was nominated for a Golden Globe award for her work as the lead female role in the television series Reasonable Doubts (1991-1993) and was nominated for an Emmy Award for a guest appearance in Picket Fences. She became a regular on the series during its final season.

She had recurring roles in The West Wing and Blue's Clues. Other television appearances include Seinfeld ("The Lip Reader"),The Outer Limits ("The Message"), ER, Desperate Housewives, and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. She was nominated for Primetime Emmy Awards for her guest appearances in Seinfield, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and The Practice.

In 2002, she published her first novel, Deaf Child Crossing, which is loosely based on her own childhood.

In 2004, she starred in the movie What the Bleep Do We Know as Amanda.

She joined the cast of The L Word for their fourth season, playing Jodi Lerner, the new love interest of Jennifer Beals' character, Bette.

In 2006, Marlee Matlin was honored at AOL's Second Annual Chief Everything Officer Awards. She also joined the cast of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition on Sunday, September 17, 2006. In the episode featuring a blind autistic boy with deaf parents, she was the guest host.

Also in 2006 she played a deaf parent in Desperate Housewives, a public defender in My Name Is Earl, and the mother of one of the victims in an episode of CSI: NY. She also starred in the Baby Einstein video "Baby's Favorite Places: First Words-Around Town", which introduces sign language as a form of non-verbal communication.

On February 4, 2007, she performed the Star Spangled Banner in American Sign Language at Super Bowl XLI in Miami, Florida.

She again stars in Baby Einstein in March 2007 with "My First Signs," which introduces sign language using common words such as "mommy" and "milk."

She also appeared in Hollywood Squares, with Tom Bergeron as emcee. Though she could not hear or speak, an interpreter accompanied her on the panel and she handled questions and answers with his assistance--including offering some humorous quips (in ASL) in her own right.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 07:05 am
Q. How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?

A. Concrete floors are very hard to crack!

Q. If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it
take four men to build it?

A. No time at all; it is already built.

Q. If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples
and three oranges in the other hand, what would you have?

A. VERY large hands.

Q.. How can you lift an elephant with one hand?

A. No problem, since you will never find an elephant with one hand.

Q. How can a man go eight days without sleep?

A. He sleeps at night.

Q. What looks like a half an apple ?

A : The other half.

Q. What gets wet with drying ?

A : A towel.

Q. What happened when the wheel was invented ?

A : It caused a revolution.

Q. Why is it easy to weigh a fish ?

A : Because it has its own scales.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 07:43 am
Hey, Silver Fox in the guise of a hawk. Thanks for the great bio's, Bob. We know most of them, buddy.

Loved your misplaced and misunderstood one liners. Always good to start the day with a smile.

Well, folks, I can't think of one song produced from the celebs, but Mancini might have done this one from "Children of a Lesser God"

If not, I am quite certain that our Raggedy will let us know.

That's life, that's what all the people say.
You're riding high in April,
Shot down in May
But I know I'm gonna change that tune,
When I'm back on top, back on top in June.

I said that's life, and as funny as it may seem
Some people get their kicks,
Stompin' on a dream
But I don't let it, let it get me down,
'Cause this fine ol' world it keeps spinning around

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,
A poet, a pawn and a king.
I've been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing:
Each time I find myself, flat on my face,
I pick myself up and get back in the race.

That's life
I tell ya, I can't deny it,
I thought of quitting baby,
But my heart just ain't gonna buy it.
And if I didn't think it was worth one single try,
I'd jump right on a big bird and then I'd fly

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,
A poet, a pawn and a king.
I've been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing:
Each time I find myself laying flat on my face,
I just pick myself up and get back in the race

That's life
That's life and I can't deny it
Many times I thought of cutting out
But my heart won't buy it
But if there's nothing shakin' come this here july
I'm gonna roll myself up in a big ball and die
My, My

Odd, I just heard Sinatra singing "It's a Good Life"

Hey, Puppy. Come on in and tell us the "tooth; the whole tooth; and nothing but the tooth." <groan>
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 09:51 am
The whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth and I'm pretty angry.

Now, look closely. Can you see it? Can you see the tooth next to the bicuspid?
http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Animals/Dogs/angry_dog.gif

One little filling and my smile is ruined because the dentist was drill happy.

Oh well, so much for that now. I'll think about it tomorrow.

Anne Archer (wonder who her dentist is); Steve Guttenberg and Marlee Matlin.

http://www.geocities.com/annearcher3/anne_archer.jpghttp://www.gothamist.com/attachments/interview_ben/2007_05_steve_guttenberg.jpg
http://www.sho.com/site/lword/myspace/images/slideshow/marlee_matlin.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 11:16 am
Raggedy, you just gave us the best laugh of the day, PA. That is the funniest animated dog that I have seen in ages. Hey, gal. I might just get one of them dogs. Bet Vick wouldn't mess around with him.

Love your trio of famous folks, and in spite of your dentist, you still managed to put face to name.

Well, I wanted to ask edgar about Donovan, but I found the man that I couldn't recall.

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/4111/JeffreyDon_Vespa_7123539_400.jpg

He plays in the TV series, "Burn Notice"

Here's a parod on Bare Naked Ladies' song and we'll dedicate this to Raggedy's tooth man.

It's been one week since you last saw me
And made an appointment for December 20
Five days since you saw me paying
And said bring $500 the next time you see me
Three days in the waiting room
I read all the magazines twice over by noon
Yesterday you'd just drilled me
But it'll still be two days till the Novocain starts working

Sit down now and spit in the sink
Give you a bit of water to drink
You're looking at the "Gaaaaahhh! Man"
Don't eat fish or your teeth will turn yellowish
And make sure to floss daily
Don't you dare chew the nails on your hand
Brush your teeth to remove assorted slimes
Now let's clean them of grime
Because I'm gonna drill you
You dissect my mouth into bits
Thereafter you X-ray it, you try to hold me still while you jab me with a harpoon
Gonna add a tooth that's fake never take a break
I'm in bleedin' achin' pain
I like cherry toothpaste, it's the finest of the flavors
Gotta drill me mo', cause then you'll know
The cavity is gonna grow
The operation's so dangerous,
I'll have to sign a waiver

How can I help it if I my teeth are full of lots of plaque?
Never gonna smile cause I'd give people a heart attack
I'm the kind of guy who find his mouth beautiful
Without braces and
All the mandatory drool
I have a tendency to dislike invasive dentistry
And then you wipe that stuff all over my new shirt

It's been one week since the surgery
Strapped me into that chair
The sleeping gas made me hazy
Five days since you reminded me
I've got an appointment on the 15th
It's been three days since the dental goon
Removed all my molars
With a big rusty spoon
Yesterday you'd about killed me
And now I sit back and wait til you say you're sorry

Dangerous Dan the Dumb Dentist
I walk in your office and the cash register starts tickin'
Scarrier than the X-Files with no lights on
You're supposed to be drilling not racing
Better hope the CDC isn't in on this one
Can't feel my mouth I'm getting frantic
That needle is gigantic
Eat Snickers and you will absolutely surely die

My gums have plaque in a thin film
Okay, a bit more than a film
It's as thick as the butt of a fat guy
Gonna go to the Amazon and start eating grubs
Gonna wear my teeth down to tiny nubs
Just so I'm not always having to experience dentistry
To get braces gotta taste that there nasty glue
That tastes like poo instead of cherries
Everything is done far too painfully

How can I help it if I my teeth are full of lots of plaque?
Never gonna smile cause I'd give people a heart attack
I'm the kind of guy who finds his mouth beautiful
Without braces and
All the mandatory drool
I have a tendency to dislike invasive dentistry
And then you wipe that stuff all over my new shirt

It's been one week since the surgery
And my mouth is still bloody
Five days since I decided to sue you and said
Dentists are evil and should all be sent to the moon
Three days in the waiting room
Lawyers aren't much better oh, why did I complain?
Yesterday you just smiled at me
Cause it'll still be two years till my mouth isn't bloody

It'll still be two years till my mouth isn't bloody
It'll still be two years till my mouth isn't bloody
Dentists all want to drill me
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 12:06 pm
Good grief. That songwriter goes to my dentist. Shocked
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 12:21 pm
That should have been "parody", incidentally.

Raggedy, I believe it. I know all about them tooth doctors, gal.

In looking at another forum on female vocalists, I had to play this one, because if I could compare my voice to anyone, it would be this sad lady.

Incidentally, I sang this one in a musical review in Virginia. The only problem was that the manager of the show and also choreographer, upped the tempo and I had to sing it too fast. In between practice sessions, I grimaced and gritted my teeth. <smile>

Karen Carpenter

Long ago and oh so far away

I fell in love with you before the second show

Your guitar, it sounds so sweet and clear

But you`re not really here

It`s just the radio

Don`t you remember you told me you loved me baby

You said you`d be coming back this way again baby

Baby, baby, baby, baby, oh, baby, I love you I really do

Loneliness is a such a sad affair

And I can hardly wait to be with you again

What to say to make you come again

Come back to me again

And play your sad guitar.

repeat chorus.

Ah, folks, how long ago nimh did "Close to You" and I just discovered that the song was originally by Burt Bacharach
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 06:02 pm
here's the superstar's riposte, sort of. lyrics are from Seal's version, but they're quite close to the Jimi Hendrix original:

Baby babe, I'm all weak from talking
And if I stay too long
People try to slow me down
They talk about me like a dog
They talk about the clothes I wear
But they don't realize
They're the ones who're square
So that's why
They can't slow me down
I don't want to be slowed down
I gotta move on
Stone free
To do as I please
Stone free
To ride with the breeze
Stone free
To do as I say
I gotta gotta gotta get away

C'mon
Woman here, woman there
Try to keep me in a plastic cage
But they don't realize
It's so easy to break
Oh but sometimes I get hot
Just trying to get out of here
Oh, but they don't realize
They're the ones who're square
So that's why
They can't slow me down
I don't want to be slowed down
I gotta move on
Ohh!
Stone free
To do as I please
Stone free
To ride with the breeze
Stone free
To do as I say
From here...

Hold back
Round and round and round we go
Hold me my darlin'
Don't be late
Oh for the show
Stone free
To do as I please
Stone free
To ride with the breeze
Stone free
To do as I say
Stone free
To do as I please
Stone free
Just to ride with that breeze
Stone free
To do as I say
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 06:39 pm
M.D. welcome back, honu man. Yep, those things need saying to the groupie women that mob a man because he's on top.(It ain't easy being a star)

Then there are those gals who obviously were the victims of sexist remarks because they dared to make a remark about the president.

Remember that, island man?

Here's there reposte

Artist: Dixie Chicks

Song: Not Ready To Make Nice

Forgive, sounds good.
Forget, I'm not sure I could.
They say time heals everything,
But I'm still waiting

I'm through, with doubt,
There's nothing left for me to figure out,
I've paid a price, and i'll keep paying

I'm not ready to make nice,
I'm not ready to back down,
I'm still mad as hell
And I don't have time
To go round and round and round
It's too late to make it right
I probably wouldn't if I could
Cause I'm mad as hell
Can't bring myself to do what it is
You think I should

I know you said
Why can't you just get over it,
It turned my whole world around
and i kind of like it

I made by bed, and I sleep like a baby,
With no regrets and I don't mind saying,
It's a sad sad story
That a mother will teach her daughter
that she ought to hate a perfect stranger.
And how in the world
Can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they'd write me a letter
Saying that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over

I'm still mad as hell
And I don't have time
Cause I'm mad as hell
You think I should

I'm still mad as hell
And I don't have time
Cause I'm mad as hell
You think I should

Forgive, sounds good.
Forget, I'm not sure I could.
They say time heals everything,
But I'm still waiting

Hoorah for Dixie!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 07:47 pm
Yawn! Time for me to say good night, so I'll let John and Paul do it for me, everyone.

Now it's time to say good night
good night sleep tight
Now the sun turns out his light
good night sleep tight
Dream sweet dreams for me
Dream sweet dreams for you

Close your eyes and I'll close mine
Good night sleep tight
Now the moon begins to shine
Good night sleep tight
Dream sweet dreams for me
Dream sweet dreams for you