WA2K Radio is now on the air

bobsmythhawk

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:40 am
Daniel Radcliffe
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Birth name Daniel Jacob Radcliffe
Born July 23, 1989 (1989-07-23) (age 18)
London, England
Years active 1999-present
Notable roles Harry Potter in the Harry Potter film series
Alan Strang in Equus
Young David Copperfield in David Copperfield

Daniel Jacob Radcliffe[3] (born 23 July 1989) is an English film, television and stage actor. He is best known for playing school-aged wizard Harry Potter in each of the first five films based on the best-selling Harry Potter book series, and will also appear in the final two films of that series.[4]

Biography

Early life

Radcliffe was born in Fulham, London, England,[5] the only child of Alan Radcliffe, a literary agent, and Marcia Gresham (born "Marcia Gresham Jacobson"),[6][7] a casting agent who was involved in several films for the BBC, including The Inspector Lynley Mysteries and, most recently, Walk Away And I Stumble. Radcliffe's mother is Jewish and grew up in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex;[7] his father is a Protestant who grew up in Northern Ireland.[8] He has two dogs, Binka and Nugget. Radcliffe first expressed a desire to act at the age of five. In December 1999, he made his acting debut in the BBC's televised two-part version of the Charles Dickens novel David Copperfield, portraying the title character as a young boy.

Career

Radcliffe was asked to audition for the role of Harry Potter in 2000 by producer David Heyman, while in attendance at a play named Stones in His Pockets in London.[2][9] In August of that year, after several auditions, he was selected to play the role in the big-budget adaptation of the popular book series by J.K. Rowling. Radcliffe made his film debut in 2001 with a supporting role alongside Pierce Brosnan in The Tailor of Panama, and the first Harry Potter film, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (United States title: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone) was released later that year.

Radcliffe has also starred in the four subsequent Harry Potter film adaptations: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002), Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004), Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix released on July 11, 2007. He has signed on for the sixth and seventh films; Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, scheduled for release in November 2008 and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows expected sometime in 2010. The films continue to produce high box office results worldwide.

In 2002 Radcliffe appeared as a guest in the West End production The Play What I Wrote directed by Kenneth Branagh (who appeared with Radcliffe in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets). In 2006, he began to make the transition from child to adult actor, appearing in the television series Extras as a parody of himself, as well as filming the independent Australian drama December Boys. The film, which was recently bought by Warner Bros., is currently set for an August 2007 release. He opened on 27 February 2007 in a revival of Peter Shaffer's play Equus as Alan Strang, a stable boy who has an obsession with horses. The role generated significant pre-opening media interest and advance sales topped two million pounds, as Radcliffe appeared nude in one scene in the play.[10] Radcliffe's performance received positive reviews,[11] as critics were impressed by the nuance and depth of his against-type role.[12] Radcliffe's last performance in Equus took place on June 9, 2007; another production of the play will open in New York City in the summer of 2008, and Radcliffe may reprise his role.[13] He is additionally signed on for the ITV drama My Boy Jack as Jack Kipling, a WWI-era soldier and the son of author Rudyard Kipling. Filming is scheduled for July 2007.[14][15]

At the age of sixteen, Radcliffe became the youngest non-royal ever to have an individual portrait in Britain's National Portrait Gallery. On 13 April 2006, his portrait, drawn by Stuart Pearson Wright, was unveiled as part of a new exhibition opening at London's Royal National Theatre, then moved to the National Portrait Gallery where it resides.[16] Radcliffe was fourteen at the time of the portrait's creation.

On July 9th 2007, Radcliffe and fellow cast members Rupert Grint and Emma Watson left imprints of their hands, feet and wands in front of Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.[17]

Personal life

Radcliffe previously attended the Sussex House School, an all-boys school,[18] and for his AS levels at City of London School. He achieved A grades in the three AS-levels he sat in 2006, but then decided to take a break from education.[19]

Radcliffe plays bass guitar (taught by Gary Oldman) and is a fan of punk rock music; he admires a diverse lineup of bands, from Sex Pistols to Arctic Monkeys.[20] His favourite band is The Hold Steady.[21] and he is also a fan of Fulham Football Club. While on set, to keep busy, he enjoys playing table tennis and video games with his fellow cast members.

Radcliffe appeared on the Sunday Times Rich List in 2006, which estimated his personal fortune to be GB£14 million, making him one of the richest young people in the United Kingdom.[22] He made another appearance on the British young people's rich list in 2007, which placed him as the thirty-third richest young person in Britain with an estimated wealth of £17 million.[23] He is reported to have earned approximately £250,000 for the first Potter film, around £5.6 million for the fourth film, and more than £8 million for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. He will earn over $50 million for the next two films in the franchise.[24] Despite his wealth, Radcliffe has said he does not have expensive tastes. Radcliffe has said that his main expense is books, as he "read[s] a lot".[24] Radcliffe has been a supporter of various charities, including Demelza House Children's Hospice in Sittingbourne, Kent, to which he has requested fans make donations in lieu of birthday presents. He has become a keen follower of cricket and attended the first England v India test match on his 18th birthday.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:42 am
They Walk Among Us

I was at the checkout of a I-Mart. The clerk rang up $46.64 charge. I gave her a fifty dollar bill. She gave me back $46.64. I gave the money back to her and told her that she had made a mistake in MY favor. She became indignant and informed me she was educated and knew what she was doing, and returned the money again. I gave her the money back again...same scenario! I departed the store with the $46.64. This actually happened in Austin at MoPac Boulevard and Parmer Lane .

They Walk Among Us and Many Work Retail.

I walked into a Starbucks with a buy-one-get-one-free coupon for a Grande Latte. I handed it to the girl and she looked over at a little chalkboard that said "buy one-get one free." "They're already buy-one-get-one-free," she said, "so I guess they're both free" She handed me my free Lattes and I walked out the door.

They Walk Among Us and Many Work Retail.

One day I was walking down the beach with some friends when one of them shouted, "Look at that dead bird!" Someone looked up at the sky and said, "Where?"

They Walk Among Us!

While looking at a house, my brother asked the real estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning. She asked, "Does the sun rise in the north?"

When my brother explained that the sun rises in the east, and has for sometime, she shook her head and said, "Oh I don't keep up with that stuff."

They Walk Among Us!!

I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call center. One day I got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call center was open. I told him, "The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or Pacific time?" Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, "Uh, Pacific."

They Walk Among Us!

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk.

They Walk Among Us!

My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%.

Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount.

They Walk Among Us!

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area, so I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. "Now," she asked me, has your plane arrived yet?"

They Walk Among Us!

While working at a pizza parlor I observed a man ordering a small pizza to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it for some time before responding. "Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6 pieces."

Yep, They Walk Among Us!

They Walk Among Us, AND they reproduce, and WORST OF ALL.....they VOTE!

Have A Great Day
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:59 am
Great stories, hawkman. We walk among them as well. I know East because that is where the Atlantic ocean is. Thanks once again for the celeb info, Boston.

Back in a moment with more music and discussions.

This is cyber space, WA2K radio.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:35 am
Shirley Temple Black. I am showing her picture because I found that Arthur Treacher was in her movie, Curly Top. A quick search said that he sang Animal Crackers in my Soup, so I am going to play it, but, as our Raggedy has pointed out, we never know what the web will show.

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/arts/photos/2006/01/30/temple_shirley_cp_9418021.jpg

Once Mother said "My litle pet"
you ought to learn your alphabet
So in my soup I used to get
All the letters of the alphabet
I learned them all from A to Z
And now my Mothers giving me

------
Animal crackers in my soup
Monkeys and rabbits loop the loop
Gosh oh gee but I have fun
Swallowing animals one by one

In every bowl of soup I see
Lions and Tigers watching me
I make 'em jump right through a hoop
Those animal crackers in my soup

When I get hold of the big bad wolf
I just push him under to drown
Then I bite him in a million bits
And I gobble him right down

When their inside me where its dark
I walk around like Noahs Arc
I stuff my tummy like a goop
With animal crackers in my soup

Animal crackers in my soup
Do funny things to me
They make me think my neighbourhood
Is a big menagerie

For instance there's our Janitor
His name is Mr Klein
And when he Hollers at us kids
He reminds me of a Lion

The Grocer is so big and fat
He has a big moustache
He looks just like a Walrus
Just before he takes a splash

That was done by Shirley, not Arthur.

You may hear it, folks, here:

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/8038/1animal.htm
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 03:22 pm
Just saw your question, Letty. Hoffman played and won an oscar for playing Capote in the movie "Capote" which was about writing the book.

Capote wasn't a character in the 1967 movie, "In Cold Blood", which was based on his book.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 03:37 pm
Hey, Raggedy. Yes, I know that. I saw the movie about him and his relationship with the one guy who was subsequently hanged. I also saw the one with Robert Blakely of Baretta.

Well, folks. We do enjoy our discussions here on our little radio.

Thanks to Walter, I was able to pinpoint a Brahms motet that I have had on my mind ever since we sang it in the Presbyterian Church choir.

The following piece is done in German with a translation in English. The English translation is not exactly the one with which I am familiar, however.

German text
Friedrich von Spee

O Heiland, reiß die Himmel auf,
Herab, herauf vom Himmel lauf,
Reiß ab vom Himmel Tor und Tür,
Reiß ab, was Schloss und Riegel für.
O Gott, ein' Tau vom Himmel gieß,
Im Tau herab o Heiland fließ,
Ihr Wolken, brecht und regnet aus,
Den König über Jakobs Haus.
O Erd, schlag aus, schlag aus o Erd.
Daß Berg und Tal grün alles werd,
O Erd, herfür dies Blümlein bring,
O Heiland, aus der Erden spring.
Hie leiden wir die größte Not,
Vor Augen steht der bittre Tod,
Ach komm, führ uns mit starker Hand
Von Elend zu dem Vaterland.
Da wollen wir all danken dir,
Unserm Erlöser für und für,
Da wollen wir all loben dich,
Je allzeit immer und ewiglich.
Amen.
English translation

O Saviour, tear open the heavens,
flow down to us from heaven above;
tear off heaven's gate and door,
tear off every lock and bar.
O God, a dew from heaven pour;
in the dew, O Saviour, downward flow.
Break, you clouds, and rain down
the king of Jacob's house.
O earth, burst forth, burst forth, O earth,
so that mountain and valley all become green;
O earth, bring forth this little flower;
O Saviour, spring forth out of the earth.
Here we suffer the greatest distress;
before our eyes stands bitter death.
Ah, come lead us with your powerful hand
from this misery to our Father's land.
Therefore we all want to thank you,
our Redeemer, for ever and ever.
Therefore we also want to praise you
at all times, always, and forever.
Amen.

Later, I will try and recall the English version as we sang it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 05:19 pm
Letty
I will post one more of mine before getting back to the regular music. This one is autobiographical:

lost almost drunk in old san luis
somehow i just can`t find the border
i hitched i got stranded in the land of ease
im walking and asking in english for the border

one day i was leaving san diego
with my thumb he drove with lightning speed
we almost died in the high sierra
that car lost its will and stalled in the heat near san luis

he said i`ll pay we`ll play in mexico
a stranger set us on the dusty street
it was cerveza for me and my amigo
he vanished in a manner not altogether discreet

men sit at ease on the wooden walk-way
and one will point his finger to the north
should i load the lettuce trucks or merely segue
because i need to see my momma back home in fort worth

0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 05:41 pm
edgar, honey. That is regular music and the story that it tells is one that we will remember. You know that I don't patronize, so when I say that I am captivated by the lyrics, I mean it.

"lost almost drunk in old san luis
im walking and asking in english for the border"

That begins and ends with a man's early life and gives a creative Texan the impetus to succeed.

Folks, we welcome all creative people to our wee studio.

A personal anecdote of my own.

I received a letter today from a parent of a former student. She told me how much I had helped her daughter to succeed and sent me the small note that I had sent Jen(her daughter). Jen is now attending Notre Dame. That meant more to me than getting my own degree.

Might as well do a song for all the teachers out there.

This version by Stevie Wonder

Did you say I've got a lot to learn?
Well, don't think I'm trying not to learn
Since this is the perfect spot to learn
Teach me tonight

Starting with the ABC of it
Right down to the XYZ of it
Help me solve the mystery of it
Teach me tonight

The sky's a blackboard high above you
If a shooting star goes by
I'll use that star to write "I love you"
1000 times across the sky

One thing isn't very clear, my love
Should the teacher stand so near, my love?
Graduation's almost here, my love
Teach me tonight
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 06:58 pm
Is It Wicked Not To Care
Belle & Sebastian

Is it wicked not to care when they say that you're mistaken
Thinking hopes and lots of dreams that aren't there?
Is it wicked not to care when you've wasted many hours
Talking endlessly to anyone that's there?

I know the truth awaits me
But still I hesitate because of fear

Skipping tickets making rhymes
Is that all that you believe in?
Wearing rags to make you pretty by design
Rusting armour for effect
It's not fun to watch the rust grow
For it will all be over when you're dead

Counting acts and clutching thoughts
By the river where the moss grows
Over rocks the water running all the time
Is it wicked when you smile Even though you feel like crying
Even though you could be sick at any time?

But if there was a sequel
Would you love me as an equal?
Would you love me till I'm dead?

Instrumental

If there was a sequel
Would you love me like an equal?
Would you love me till I'm dead?
And if there was a sequel
Would you love me till I'm dead
Or is there someone else instead?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 07:38 pm
dj, welcome back. I love that song, Canada, especially these esoteric lines.

"But if there was a sequel
Would you love me till I'm dead?"

For some reason, your use of the word sequel let me to this strange song,

Sepia

A framed adolescence steeped in the history of you
Stopping the summer once for you
Experience is lost on me I am melancholia eternally
But I still smile so stupidly
For the first time ever I don't understand my television

Just like a moment in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
I'm perpetually stuck in sepia film
I'm bleeding inside I manage to keep it all in
Keep it all in

I've spoken so much rubbish done in no time at all
Feelings are so fatal in the fall
No you never kissed me never felt anything for me
Sepia the stain that I remember
And these unwritten diaries that can never breathe, never breathe

Keep it all in

Keep it all in.

Speaking of sepia, listeners, I have invited John of Virginia to talk about his experience in movies and songs.

I must say goodnight now.

From Letty with love
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 07:47 pm
Hi. Just passing through. Tomorrow (7/24) is the 55th anniversary of the release of the film High Noon (Gary Cooper starring). The story of the music is interesting.
Do not forsake me O my darlin'
On this our wedding day.
Do not forsake me O my darlin'
Wait, wait along.

The film, shot in black and white when color was the new rage, did not do well in pre-release surveys. So it was arranged to bring in a Russian immigrant, Dimitri Tiomkin to write some music and Ned Washington to write some lyrics.
The result was the first major film that had a theme song that laid out the plot through the opening credits and, in fact, through a couple of early scenes.
The noonday train will bring Frank Miller

The next verse changes tempo dramatically, to a clippity clop suggestion of a horse:

O to be born twixt love and duty!
Sposin' I lose my fair haired beauty.
Look at that big hand moving along
Nearing high-noon.

This was, perhaps, the first film that wove a musical score into the movie so intricately. That theme song, or portions of it, recur and recur.

And this is interesting. Back in 1952, the movie studios were reeliing (ha, ha, reeling. Get it?) from an order to divest themselves from owning movie theatres. They needed income. And the theme song from High Noon (sung by Tex Ritter) got re-issued by the likes of Frankie Laine and others and that became an extremely profitable new revenue stream for the studios. Movie music as singles or albums.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 08:20 pm
One of the first records I bought was High Noon. I like Frankie Laine's version best, but Tex fit the movie better, perhaps.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 08:32 pm
Give Me Just A Little More Time
Chairman Of The Board

Give me just a little more time
And our love will surely grow

Life's too short to make a mistake
Let's think of each other and hesitate
Young and impatient we may be
There's no need to act foolishly
If we part our hearts won't forget it
Years from now we'll surely regret it

You're young and you're in a hurry
You're eager for love but don't you worry
We both want the sweetness in life
But these things don't come overnight
Don't give up cos love's been slow
Boy, we're gonna succeed with another blow

Baby please baby
Baby please baby

Love is that mountain we must climb
Let's climb it together your hand in mine
We haven't known each other too long
But the feeling I have is oh so strong
I know we can make it there's no doubt
We owe it to ourselves to find it out

Just give me just a little more time

Baby, please baby
Baby, please baby

0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 04:26 am
Good morning, WA2K listeners and contributors.

Hey, John of Virginia. Nice to see you back with us. I had no idea of the background on that song, buddy. Thanks so much for the info. It seems to me that Gary Cooper and Ernest Hemingway died about the same time, and we know about Princess Grace of Monaco. Just as Princess Diana, one of those history mysteries, I guess.

edgar, not familiar with that song, but a little more time is what we all need, I guess. Ah, tempus fugit. Thanks, Texas.

Speaking of themes from movies, who recalls this one by Johnny Mandel.

Words by Mike Altman
Music by Johnny Mandel

Through early morning fog I see,
Visions of the things to be,
The pains that are withheld for me,
I realize and I can see...

[REFRAIN]:

That suicide is painless.
It brings on many changes.
And I can take or leave it if I please.

I try to find a way to make,
All our little joys relate,
Without that ever-present hate,
But now I know that it's too late, and...

[REFRAIN]

The game of life is hard to play,
I'm gonna lose it anyway.
The losing card I'll someday lay,
So this is all I have to say.

[REFRAIN]

The only way to win is cheat,
And lay it down before I'm beat,
And to another give my seat,
For that's the only painless feat.

[REFRAIN]

The sword of time will pierce our skins.
It doesn't hurt when it begins.
But as it works its way on in,
The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...

[REFRAIN]

A brave man once requested me,
to answer questions that are key.
Is it to be or not to be?
And I replied 'Oh why ask me?'

[REFRAIN]

'Cause suicide is painless.
It brings on many changes.
And I can take or leave it if I please.

...And you can do the same thing if you choose

Johnny also wrote "The Shadow of your Smile" a beautiful song, incidentally.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 04:45 am
The theme from M*A*S*H*
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 04:51 am
That's it, edgar. I love this one by Johnny, however.

The shadow of your smile
When you have gone
Will color all my dreams
And light the dawn

Look into my eyes, my love, and see
All the lovely things, you are, to me

Our wistful little star
It was far, too high
A teardrop kissed your lips
And so, so did I

Now when I remember spring
And every little lovely thing
I will be remembering
The shadow of your smile
Your lovely smile

We used to watch the little sandpipers skitter along the beach avoiding the waves.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 04:53 am
If I'm not mistaken, that song appeared in the first film Liz and Richard appeared in after their wedding.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 05:07 am
Lord have mercy, edgar. I don't know about that, Texas. If I recall, however, Richard was a priest, right?

Glad to know that our hawkman has stabilized. Heard from him and all is well on the home front.

Found this morning song by a group called The Beautiful Girls.

When i wake into the Morning Sun,
Well i feel another day has just begun.
I see those clouds up in the sky,
and i don't care, everything is going to be alright.

And i wan't you to know, some feelings come and go
but for you mine will never change.
It's harder than it seems to know what to believe,
here in my mind i hold you close.

i got to keep on walking
with my head held high, because i see,
the sky on a day like
this, and i know, i will be free,
oh i will be...free

Well i have never seen a face like yours,
It makes me smile just when i think of you for sure.
and all we have is all we have to show,
and all we need is here for free. Just thought i'd let you know.

And when i hold you close, it's you i love the most,
you take my loneliness away.
I saw you in my dreams and then you came to me.
will you be mine?, i only hope.

i got to keep on walking
with my head held high, because i see,
the sky on a day like
this and i know, i will be free

Sorry, folks. I will NOT edit those lyrics, because I am too lazy today.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 07:11 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 07:17 am
Dan George
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chief Dan George (July 24, 1899-September 23, 1981) was a chief of the Tsleil-Waututh, a Salish First Nations people located in Burrard Inlet, British Columbia. Chief George was also an Academy Award-nominated actor.

Early years

Dan George was born as Geswanouth Slahoot on a First Nations reserve in North Vancouver. His English name originally was Dan Slaholt. His last name was changed to George when he entered a residential school at the age of 5. George worked at a number of different jobs, including as a longshoreman, construction worker and school bus driver. He was chief of the Tsleil-Waututh from 1951 to 1963.

Acting career

In 1960, when he was already 60 years of age, he got his first job acting in a CBC television series, Cariboo Country, as the character "Ol' Antoine". He performed the same role in a Walt Disney Studios movie, Smith!, adapted from an episode in this series (based on Breaking Smith's Quarter Horse, a novella by Paul St. Pierre. At the age of 71, George won several awards for his role in the film Little Big Man, including a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. He continued to act in other films, such as The Outlaw Josey Wales, Harry and Tonto, and Americathon, and on television, including a prole in the miniseries Centennial, based on the book by James A. Michener.

George acted the role of Rita Joe's father in George Ryga's stage play, The Ecstasy of Rita Joe, in performances at Vancouver, the National Arts Centre in Ottawa and Washington.

During his acting career, Chief Dan George always worked to promote better understanding by non-aboriginals of the First Nations people. His soliloquy, Lament for Confederation (full text), a riveting indictment of the appropriation of native territory by white colonialism, was performed at the city of Vancouver's celebration of the Canadian centennial in 1967. This speech is credited with escalating native political activism in Canada, as well as touching off widespread pro-native sentiment among non-natives.

In 1971, George was made an Officer of the Order of Canada.

He died in Vancouver in 1981 at the age of 82.

His books include

My Heart Soars (ISBN)
My Spirit Soars (ISBN)
You Call Me Chief: Impressions of the Life of Chief Dan George (with Hilda Mortimer) (ISBN)

Notable Family

Lee Maracle (Grand-daughter) - poet/author/activist/professor
Columpa Bobb (Great-grand-daughter) - actor/poet

Dedications

Chief Dan George Middle School in Abbotsford, B.C. Known as "The Wolves".
Chief Dan George Public School in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Trivia

In 2006, a documentary was produced by CBC Newsworld that followed and was filmed by 4 Tsleil-Waututh youth to highlight their struggles with the education system. The documentary--titled as "Reds, Whites & the Blues" and/or, "Reading, Writing & The Rez"--is a CBC Newsworld in-house production co-produced with CBC Vancouver. The documentary can be viewed on CBC's Aboriginal Programming website at http://www.cbc.ca/aboriginal/programming.htm.
0 Replies