WA2K Radio is now on the air

Letty

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 04:39 pm
You won't get docked, Raggedy, but don't forget to punch the clock. Razz

Wow!, folks. Look at that tongue hanging out. She is most definitely dehydrated.

Thanks for the trio, PA.

What a surprise to find out that Tony Martin and Barbara Stanwyck are still alive.

Searched forever, listeners, to find their duet called "Where the Lazy River Runs by", but had no success. Well, at least we found one by Bobby Darin that has "lazy" and "river" in it.

Lazy River
Bobby Darin
(Sid Arodin & Hoagy Carmichael)

- (#14 in 1961)

Up a lazy river by the old mill stream
Lazy river in the noon day sun
Linger awhile in the shade of a tree
Throw away your troubles, dream with me.

Up a lazy river where the robin's song
Wakes the mornin', we roll along.
Make me blue skies above,
Everyone's in love
Up a lazy river, how happy we'll be
Up a lazy river with me.

Up a lazy river by the old mill run
That's a lazy, lazy river in the noonday sun
You can linger for a while in the shade of a tree.
Throw!, away your troubles, baby, dream a dream of me.

Up a lazy river, where the robin's song
Wakes a brand new mornin' where we can roll along.
There may be blue skies up above
But as long as we're in love
Yah, we'll be up a lazy river, how happy we could be,
Up a lazy river with me.
-----------
(we're half way home)
----------
Yeah, up a lazy river where the robin's song
Awakes a brand new mornin', we can roll along.
A-a-a, threre are blue skies up above
And as long as we're in love,
We'll be up a lazy river,
Up a crazy river,
Up a lazy river,
I ain't goin' your way,
Get out'a my way,
Up a lazy river with me....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 06:27 pm
Bang Bang
Sonny & Cher

[Words and Music by Sony Bono]

I was five and he was six
We rode on horses made of sticks
He wore black and I wore white
He would always win the fight

Bang bang, I hit the ground
Bang bang, that awful sound
Bang bang, my baby shot me down

Seasons came and changed the time
And I grew up, I called him mine
He would always laugh and say
"Remember when we used to play"

Now he's gone, I don't know why
And till this day, sometimes I cry
He didn't even say goodbye
He didn't take the time to lie

0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 06:42 pm
Ah, the good guys and the bad guys, edgar Your song by Sonny and Cher reminded me of George Carlin. Nothing was sacred to him, and I love this one.

George Carlin - My Baby's Dead

"Danny & the Dressmakers, one of the great
new groups around."

Weee-eee-eee
DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO
My baby's dead
Wee-ooh
She got hit by a train
Woo-hoo
BIG old train
Woo-hoo
I'm gonna GET that train
Badomp badomp bomp

That man is funny.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:28 pm
reminds me of this tear-jerker Crying or Very sad

[Spoken:]
Is she really going out with him?
Well, there she is. Let's ask her.
Betty, is that Jimmy's ring you're wearing?
Mm-hmm
Gee, it must be great riding with him
Is he picking you up after school today?
Uh-uh
By the way, where'd you meet him?

I met him at the candy store
He turned around and smiled at me
You get the picture? (yes, we see)
That's when I fell for (the leader of the pack)

My folks were always putting him down (down, down)
They said he came from the wrong side of town
(whatcha mean when ya say that he came from the wrong side of town?)
They told me he was bad
But I knew he was sad
That's why I fell for (the leader of the pack)

One day my dad said, "Find someone new"
I had to tell my Jimmy we're through
(whatcha mean when ya say that ya better go find somebody new?)
He stood there and asked me why
But all I could do was cry
I'm sorry I hurt you (the leader of the pack)

[Spoken:]
He sort of smiled and kissed me goodbye
The tears were beginning to show
As he drove away on that rainy night
I begged him to go slow
But whether he heard, I'll never know

Look out! Look out! Look out! Look out!

I felt so helpless, what could I do?
Remembering all the things we'd been through
In school they all stop and stare
I can't hide the tears, but I don't care
I'll never forget him (the leader of the pack)

The leader of the pack - now he's gone
[Fade]
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 03:44 am
Good morning, WA2K listeners and contributors. It is still dark here, but it's quiet and I love that.

Hey, M.D. I think George Carlin got a little weary of all those "teen agers in love" type songs, and thus the lyrics of last evening.

Fond memories of The Leader of the Pack, but can you imagine a teen of today paying any attention to "daddy's" selection of the proper boy friend?

Speaking of which, folks, I found this lovely jazz ballad by Linda Ronstadt which is a more adult type of love gone wrong.

What's new
How is the world treating you
You haven't changed a bit
Handsome as ever I must admit

What's new
How did that romance come through
We haven't met since then
Gee but it's nice to see you again

What's new
Probably I'm boring you
But seeing you is grand
And you were sweet to offer your hand
I understand

Adieu
Pardon my asking what's new
Of course you couldn't know
I haven't changed
I still love you so

Adieu
Pardon my asking what's new
Of course you couldn't know
I haven't changed
I still love you so
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 04:47 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 04:52 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 04:56 am
Diahann Carroll
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Birth name Carol Diahann Johnson
Born July 17, 1935 (1935-07-17)
Bronx, New York, USA
Years active 1954-present
Spouse(s) Vic Damone (1987-1996)
Robert DeLeon (1975-1977)
Fredde Glusman (1973-1973)
Monte Kay (1956-1963)
Official site www.DiahannCarroll.net
Notable roles Claudine in Claudine
Julia Baker in Julia
Dominique Deveraux in Dynasty
Golden Globe Awards

Best TV Star- Female
1968 Julia
Tony Awards

Best Leading Actress in a Musical
1962 No Strings

Diahann Carroll (b. July 17, 1935) is an American Academy Award-nominated, Golden Globe- and Tony Award-winning actress and singer. Born Carol Diahann Johnson in The Bronx, New York, she attended Manhattan's School of Performing Arts, along with schoolmate Billy Dee Williams. Her family moved to the Harlem neighborhood of New York City when she was one and a half years old.

Career

Her first film assignment was a supporting role in Carmen Jones in 1954, playing a friend of the sultry Carmen played by Dorothy Dandridge. She then starred in the Broadway musical House of Flowers. In 1959, she played Clara in the film version of Gershwin's Porgy and Bess along with such distinguished actors as Sidney Poitier, Dorothy Dandridge, Sammy Davis Jr., and Pearl Bailey. All singing voices were dubbed in the film, with the exception of Pearl Bailey, with the opera singer Loulie Jean Norman standing in for Carroll. In 1962 she won the Tony Award for best actress (a first for a black woman) for the role of Barbara Woodruff in the Samuel A. Taylor and Richard Rogers musical "No Strings." In 1974 she was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress for Claudine.

Carroll is probably best known for her title role in Julia in 1968. This landmark accomplishment established Carroll as the first African American actress to star in her own television series where she did not play a domestic worker. She was nominated for an Emmy Award for the role in 1969, and won the Golden Globe Award for "Best Actress In A Television Series" in 1968[1] Her first Emmy nomination came in 1963 for her work in Naked City. Some of Carroll's other earlier television work includes appearances on shows hosted by Jack Paar, Merv Griffin, Johnny Carson, Judy Garland and Ed Sullivan, and The Hollywood Palace variety show.

In the 1980s, Diahann was signed on to join the star ensemble of the glitzy nighttime soap opera Dynasty and its spin-off The Colbys, as the jet setter, Dominique Deveraux, the half-sister of Blake Carrington played by actor John Forsythe. Carroll mused at the lavish wardrobing on these shows, comparing it to the US$50 budget for her nurse's uniform on Julia.[citation needed] It was for her recurring role as Marion Gilbert in A Different World that she received her third Emmy nomination 1989. In 2006, Carroll was cast in the television comedy/drama Grey's Anatomy as the demanding mother of Dr. Preston Burke.

Carroll starred in the Canadian production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical version of the classic film Sunset Boulevard . She played the lead role, crazed silent movie star Norma Desmond, with the role of Joe Gillis played by Rex Smith.

Personal life

Carroll has had four marriages, one of which produced a daughter, Suzanne Kay Bamford, who became a freelance media journalist. She married last in 1987 to her fourth husband, singer Vic Damone, which lasted until 1996. Carroll is a breast cancer activist and survivor, who in order to draw attention to the cause, invited a camera crew into her treatment room for a national broadcast special.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 04:59 am
Donald Sutherland

Birth name Donald Edward McNicol Sutherland
Born July 17, 1935 (1935-07-17) (age 72)
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Spouse(s) Lois Hardwick (1959-1966)
Shirley Douglas (1966-1970)
Francine Racette (1974-present)
Emmy Awards

Outstanding Supporting Actor - Miniseries/Movie
1995 Citizen X
Golden Globe Awards

Best Supporting Actor - Miniseries
1996 Citizen X
2003 Path to War

Donald McNicol Sutherland OC (born July 17, 1935) is a prolific Canadian actor with a film career spanning over 40 years.

Biography

Early life

Donald Sutherland was born in Saint John, New Brunswick . He got his first part time job aged 14 as a news correspondent for local radio station CKBW Radio in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia. He then studied at Victoria College, University of Toronto, and graduated with a double major in engineering and drama. He had, at one point, been a member of "UC Follies" comedy troupe in Toronto. He changed his mind about becoming an engineer and subsequently left Canada for England to study at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.

Acting career

In the early 1960s, Sutherland began to get small parts in British film and TV, in the mid 1960s getting notable roles in horror films with Christopher Lee such as Castle of the Living Dead (1964), and Dr. Terror's House of Horrors (1965). His first great successes came with the three war films The Dirty Dozen in 1967 with Lee Marvin and Charles Bronson, in 1970 as the lead Benjamin Franklin "Hawkeye" Pierce in Robert Altman's M*A*S*H and as tank commander Sgt. Oddball in Kelly's Heroes with Clint Eastwood and Telly Savalas. Sutherland had an intimate relationship (on and off-screen) with actress Jane Fonda, during the filming of the Academy award-winning detective thriller Klute.[1]

Sutherland and Fonda went on to co-produce and star together in the anti-Vietnam war film F.T.A. (1972) consisting of a series of sketches performed outside army bases in the Pacific Rim and interviews with the American troops who were then on active service. Sutherland found himself in demand as a leading man throughout the 1970s in films such as the Venice-based psychological horror Don't Look Now (1973), the war film The Eagle Has Landed (1976), and as the ever optimistic health inspector in the sci-fi horror Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) alongside Brooke Adams and Jeff Goldblum. He also had a small role as the pot-smoking Professor Dave Jennings in National Lampoon's Animal House in 1978.

He also received acclaim for his performances in the 1976 Bernardo Bertolucci Italian fascism epic 1900 and for the role as the torn father in the Academy award-winning family drama Ordinary People (1980) alongside Mary Tyler Moore and Timothy Hutton.

He played the part of fellow countryman, Canadian Norman Bethune, a physician, humanitarian and hero in China, in two separate biographical films in 1977 and 1990. A prolific actor, some of Sutherland's better-known roles in the 1980s and 1990s were the South African apartheid drama A Dry White Season (1989) alongside Marlon Brando and Susan Sarandon; the fire fighter thriller Backdraft (1991) alongside Kurt Russell and De Niro; and as the snobbish NYC art dealer in Six Degrees of Separation (1993) with Stockard Channing and Will Smith. In the 1991 Oliver Stone film, JFK, Sutherland played a mysterious Washington intelligence officer who spoke of links to the military-industrial complex in relation to Kennedy's assassination. He also guest starred in The Simpsons episode "Lisa the Iconoclast".

In more recent years, Sutherland has been noted for his role as the Reverend Monroe in the civil war drama Cold Mountain (2003), in the re-make of The Italian Job (2003), and in Pride and Prejudice (2005) starring alongside Keira Knightley. He earned an Emmy nomination in 2006 for his performance in the TV movie "Human Trafficking".

Sutherland's distinctive voice has been used in many radio and television commercials, including those for Volvo automobiles. He is also the spokesperson for Simply Orange orange juice.

Personal life

Sutherland was made an Officer of the Order of Canada in 1978. He was inducted into Canada's Walk of Fame in 2000. Sutherland maintains a home in Georgeville in Quebec's Eastern Townships.

Sutherland met his current wife, the French-Canadian actress, Francine Racette, on the set of the Canadian pioneer drama Alien Thunder. They have three sons, including actors Rossif Sutherland, Angus Sutherland. Kiefer Sutherland and his twin sister Rachel were born to Sutherland and his first wife Shirley Douglas.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 05:07 am
David Hasselhoff

Birth name David Michael Hasselhoff
Born July 17, 1952 (1952-07-17)
Baltimore, Maryland USA
Other name(s) The Hoff
Spouse(s) Pamela Bach (1989 - present; filed for divorce)
Catherine Hickland (1984 - 1989; divorced)
Official site davidhasselhoff.com
Notable roles Michael Knight, Knight Rider
Lt. Mitch Buchannon, Baywatch
The Hasselhoff, The Spongebob Squarepants Movie

David Michael Hasselhoff (born July 17, 1952 in Baltimore, Maryland), nicknamed "The Hoff", is an American actor who is best known for his lead roles on Knight Rider and Baywatch. He also crossed over to a successful music career, primarily in Austria, Switzerland, and most notably Germany.

Early acting career

Hasselhoff's first major role was portraying Dr. William "Snapper" Foster, Jr. on the soap opera The Young and the Restless from 1975-82. He later went on to star as Michael Knight in the Glen A. Larson-created series Knight Rider from 1982 to 1986.

European popularity

While this star rose, fell and rose again in the US, Hasselhoff remained very popular in much of Europe. His music was more popular there than in the US, and his hit song "Looking for Freedom" became something of an anthem for the defeat of communist regimes in eastern Europe. [1]. This European popularity became something of an in joke, Norm MacDonald was known for stating on numerous occasions that "Germans love David Hasselhoff" on Saturday Night Live and is referenced in the film Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story where Hasselhoff is shown as the demanding coach of the German team. But whatever his role in ending communism, Hasselhoff's popularity during this period was real enough, and even reached war-torn Yugoslavia. An anonymous young Bosnian recruited to help defend against the Serbs decorated his or her M48 Mauser with pictures of Hasselhoff, creating the now legendary Hasselhoff Mauser. [2]

Taking back Baywatch

Hasselhoff returned to television on Baywatch which premiered in 1989. Although it was cancelled after only one season, he believed the series had potential, so Hasselhoff revived it for the first-run syndication market in 1991, investing his own money and additionally functioning as executive producer.

His contract stipulated royalties to be paid to him from the rerun profits, which gave him the financial liberty to buy back the rights to Baywatch from NBC.

In its second incarnation, Baywatch was much more successful. It ran in syndication for another ten seasons. It was also well-received internationally and has been shown in over 140 countries around the world.[citation needed] According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Baywatch is the most watched TV show in the world, with over 1.1 billion viewers.

This success combined with his royalties and his other ventures have placed Hasselhoff's fortune at more than $100,000,000.[3]

Later career

In 1994, he was scheduled to perform a concert on pay-per-view from Atlantic City. The concert was expected to help reignite his singing career in the United States. On the night of his concert, O.J. Simpson was involved in a police chase on the California highway. Viewership of the concert was significantly lower than expected, due to the live coverage of the chase. Since then, Hasselhoff has not attempted another concert.

In 1996, he was given a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Beginning in July 16, 2004, Hasselhoff played the lead role in London performances of Chicago, for three months and made his Broadway debut in 2000 in the title role of Jekyll & Hyde.

Hasselhoff has made several self-parodic appearances in movies. He had a major appearance in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, released November 19, 2004, starring as himself (though very much in bygone Baywatch character) and meeting SpongeBob and Patrick. Hasselhoff also had another short appearance in the movie Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story as the dodgeball coach to the German national dodgeball team. Berating his team after being eliminated from a tournament, he shouts "Ihr seid alle Schweine!" (translated: "You are all pigs!") and smashes a photo of himself in his Baywatch attire. In 2004's Eurotrip, Hasselhoff appears in a fantasy sequence performing his early 90s hit single "Du". In a cameo as himself in John Waters' 2004 effort A Dirty Shame, Hasselhoff defecates in an airplane's washroom. The 2006 Adam Sandler film Click is the first film in which Hasselhoff plays a character, as Sandler's despicable boss.

In his music video for "Jump in My Car", Hasselhoff again demonstrates a penchant for self-parody, this time of his performance as Michael Knight in Knight Rider. The car in the video was a black Pontiac Trans Am with a pulsing LED and an interior nearly identical to that of K.I.T.T. (this video was shot in Sydney, Australia and used a right hand drive KITT replica), including an aptly-timed use of K.I.T.T.'s seat ejection system. The video plays to a skit where he asks one of three girls to "jump in his car" to take her home. The girl initially refuses but then gets in so long as he behaves politely. She suggests that he should drive quickly, because she lives down south, "about 84 miles". When she insists she is not joking, he asks her to leave the vehicle, but she refuses, so he resorts to using the ejector seat to cause her to exit.

Hasselhoff presented a musical award with Gretel Killeen for the Australian Recording Industry Association on Sunday October 23, 2005 in Sydney.He was recently signed to Pepsi appearing in a massive outdoor campaign in January 2006. He was scheduled to tour Australia with his band mid-2006.[citation needed]

Hasselhoff has also become something of an internet phenomenon, mostly as a subject of fun. Numerous websites have appeared and there is currently a campaign to get him a number one single in the UK.

In May 2006, Hasselhoff returned to the spotlight after he was mentioned in an interview of Dirk Nowitzki, an NBA star playing for the Dallas Mavericks and a native of Germany. Nowitzki was asked what he does to concentrate when shooting foul shots. Dirk replied that he sings "Looking for Freedom" to himself. He meant this as a joke but it was thought to be a serious answer. Shortly thereafter, Hasselhoff attended the May 26, 2006 Mavericks home playoff game where they faced the Phoenix Suns in the NBA Western Conference Finals. Interviewed by Craig Sager, Hasselhoff stated he was as much a fan of Nowitzki as Nowitzki was a fan of him. In The 2006 NBA Finals, fans of the Miami Heat in the American Airlines Arena held up facial photos of Hasselhoff and chanted his name when Nowitzki went to the foul line.

Late 2006, a musical based on his life called David Hasselhoff: The Musical will open in Australia before moving to the United States. Hasselhoff describes it as "totally campy". [1]

On August 2, 2006, Hasselhoff proclaimed himself king of the internet in a tongue-in-cheek advertisement commercial for Pipex which ironically has attracted some blunt online criticism.

In September 2006 he appeared in a radio interview with Gerard Gilroy on The Breakfast Show on Dublin's Newstalk 106, pushed his book on The Tubridy Tonight Show on RTE1, and sang and spoke to Grant Lauchlan of STV, where he revealed that he would like to play a concert in the future at Scotland's Edinburgh Castle.

In November 2006, Mel Brooks announced Hasselhoff would portray Roger DeBris, the director of the Nazi musical Springtime for Hitler, in the Las Vegas production of The Producers.[2]

Throughout the summer of 2006, Hasselhoff, along with Grammy-winning singer/actress Brandy Norwood and British media icon Piers Morgan was a co-judge on NBC's America's Got Talent, a program that showcased America's best amateur entertainers. He is currently appearing in the second season of America's Got Talent along side Sharon Osbourne and Piers Morgan.

Personal life

After dropping out of Atlanta's Marist High School, Hasselhoff attended and graduated high school at Lyons Township High School in La Grange, Illinois. He studied at California Institute of the Arts in Valencia, California.

Hasselhoff was married to actress Catherine Hickland from March 24, 1984 to March 1, 1989, when they divorced. Their marriage has been recreated in Knight Rider Season 4 (Episode The Scent of Roses which first aired on January 3, 1986).

Before his divorce with Catherine Hickland, while they were separated, Hasselhoff dated Linda Butsnik, now Linda Morris, of Carrollton, Georgia.

Hasselhoff married actress Pamela Bach on December 9, 1989, and the couple had two daughters, Taylor Ann Hasselhoff (born May 5, 1990) and Hayley Amber Hasselhoff (born August 26, 1992). Although Hasselhoff was raised Roman Catholic, he and his family attended non-denominational church services.

On January 13, 2006, Hasselhoff announced that he was filing for divorce from Bach after 16 years of marriage, citing irreconcilable differences. His publicist has stated that the couple has agreed to an amicable settlement. However, on March 9, 2006, Bach accused Hasselhoff of violent behavior towards her.[4] Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mark A. Juhas signed the order March 6, 2006 ordering the former Baywatch star to stay at least 100 yards (91 m) from Bach except for "peaceful contacts related to court ordered visitation" of their children. Pamela is seeking sole custody of their two daughters.

Hasselhoff's autobiography, called "Making Waves," was released in the United Kingdom in September 2006. In an interview in April 2006, he promised that the book would present the "last chapter" regarding controversial elements of his personal life.

Regarding his popularity, David Hasselhoff has said: "There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me." [3]

Hasselhoff is closly related to the famous George Barnes, who is well known for cycling from John O'Groats to Lands End and for numerous theatre productions with Ken Woolard.

On June 29, 2006, Hasselhoff suffered a freak injury when he hit his hand on a glass shelf (some reports say a chandelier) while shaving in his London hotel's gym bathroom. The broken glass severed a tendon in Hasselhoff's right hand, and surgery was performed that day to repair the damage. Hasselhoff was released from the hospital the following day and was reported to be doing fine.[5]

Alcohol problems

Hasselhoff began receiving media attention in 2002 for drinking problems. He soon after attended a rehabilitation clinic. His problems with alcohol abuse apparently continued, as he was arrested on June 5, 2004, on suspicion of misdemeanor driving under the influence. Hasselhoff was bailed out with $15,000 and his lawyer once requested the case be continued and the arraignment was postponed to October 28, 2004. On that court day, his lawyer entered his no contest plea while he was absent from the court hearing. He was fined $390 (due to California's "Alcohol Abuse Education and Prevention Assessment" law, and other fees, the total amount paid to the court is assumed to be over $1400), sentenced to self-supervised probation for three years, ordered to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings twice a week for 6 months, spend six months in a DUI program (several hundred more dollars), and to perform 200 hours of community service. While his driver's license was restricted for the next 90 days, he could drive only to his work, to take his children to school, and to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.

In 2006, Hasselhoff was allegedly thrown out of a Wimbledon, London court-bar for drinking and rioting. However, Katie Rowley who runs the Wimbledon Championship, denies this.[6]

In a recent interview with the Associated Press, Hasselhoff also denied being ejected by The All England Club. "The tabloids make so much stuff up," he says. "I was at Wimbledon, and they said I was escorted out drunk. ... Absolutely not. I don't drink anymore."[7]

On July 26, 2006, tabloids reported that Hasselhoff was publicly drunk at Heathrow airport and was denied boarding a plane by British Airways. The airline only stated that a male passenger had been refused travel after being deemed unfit to travel. The following day Hasselhoff's publicist denied the allegation of Hasselhoff being drunk claiming antibiotics had made him sick and that he voluntarily chose not to board the plane. David's best friend - Graeme Firmin - has been quoted as saying that he 'wasn't angry at the Hoff for getting drunk but he was more disappointed'. He also mentioned that it wouldn't ruin their friendship. [8]

On May 3, 2007, a video surfaced of Hasselhoff apparently in mid-stupor.[9] The new video shows him shirtless, lying on the floor, drunkenly trying to focus on a Wendy's hamburger in a Las Vegas hotel room. His daughter Taylor Ann, who shot the video, can be heard saying "Tell me you are going to stop, tell me you are going to stop." Hasselhoff issued a statement, in the wake of the leaked video, that it was released deliberately. Hasselhoff claims that it was filmed by Taylor Ann so that he could see how he appeared and acted when intoxicated.[10] Hasselhoff's visitation rights with his two daughters were suspended on May 7, 2007 because of the video; the suspension lasted until May 21, 2007, at which point the video's authenticity and distributor was determined.[11] On May 14, 2007, a news report headlined "Pipex in a pickle: David Hasselhoff drunken antics last straw for $1 billion sale of UK ISP", questioned whether the video had impacted negatively on the sale of Pipex, a UK broadband and web hosting company. A major TV and newspaper advertising campaign in the UK for Pipex Communications Plc features Hasselhoff as "The King of the Internet". Hasselhoff was awarded primary physical custody and full legal custody of the two girls, said Melvin Goldsman, his attorney on June 15th, 2007.[12]

"Get Hasselhoff to Number 1"

On April 21, 2006 anonymous fans of David Hasselhoff launched a tongue-in-cheek website "Get Hasselhoff to Number 1"[4] in an attempt to generate the momentum required to send the 1989 hit "Looking for Freedom" to the top of the UK music charts based on Internet downloads of the single. The campaign is ongoing and has attracted attention on British radio and television broadcasts, the British national press [5] [6] and on the Internet [7] [8] [9]. Over 40,000 people have signed up so far. When the total number of sign-ups on the site reaches 75,000 the owners of the site will send the "Hoff Alert" email to all those who have registered alerting them that the time has come to purchase the single. The intention is that the surge in sales generated will propel the former hit to the top spot in the British chart ensuring radio plays and television appearances for Hasselhoff.

"Jump in My Car" in the UK, the "Get Hasselhoff to Number 1" website switched the single it was promoting from "Looking for Freedom" to "Jump in My Car". BBC Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills has now lent his support to the campaign [10], to get "Jump In My Car" to number one. Since this announcement, Scott Mills has played the record again, whilst describing the accompanying tongue-in-cheek music video.

On October 3, 2006 the Hoff Alert was mailed out to over 40,000 subscribers, instructing them to buy the song in hopes that it would top the UK Singles Chart. Although this did not happen, Hasselhoff promptly gained his highest ever UK chart entry (#3) on October 8, 2006.

Hasselhoff in interview

On 1 September 2006, Hasselhoff gave a candid interview to The Guardian. The interviewer wrote 'To spend an hour or so in the company of 'The Hoff' is to feel as if one is inadvertently playing a bit-part in a daytime television soap opera. It is unclear whether this has more to do with the cliched dialogue - "Life is something that happens when you're making plans", for example - or the way the lines are delivered with either brow-furrowed gravitas or uproarious laughter.'

Hasselhoff spoke of his religious beliefs - 'Amid all the adversity, whenever I had problems, God always said 'Here's Chicago, here's a book, here's the No1 TV show, here's the No1 movie, here's a recording deal, here's two million downloads. I'm gonna make you the biggest star in the world, David, and i'm going to give you responsibility with that, and you can either take it or you can **** it up. I fucked it up, I've taken it.'

On why his fans warmed to his shows, Hasselhoff stated 'Because I believe the camera photographs your aura, and it also photographs your heart. And I cast Baywatch that way. If you look at Baywatch, just about everybody on that show - even Pamela Anderson - has got a great heart.'

On Knight Rider he stated that it was more than a tv show, 'It's a phenomenon. It's bigger than Baywatch ever was.' On its success - 'It s because it was about saving lives, not taking lives, and it was how one man can make a difference. And we had a blast making it, and we made sure nobody died on the show. We made sure nobody ever drowned on Baywatch.'

He describes the acting he has done as 'a little more difficult than if you had a regularly well-written script - like, if I was going to be in, say, Reservoir Dogs, or The Godfather, or Dances with Wolves or Lawrence of Arabia or ER. I had to talk to a car.'
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 05:16 am
Forget Rednecks....here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about New Englanders

1. If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you live in New England.

2. If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there; you live in New England.

3. If you've worn shorts and a parke at the same time, you live in New
England.

4. If "vacation" means going anywhere south of New Your City for the weekend, you live in New England.

5. If you measure distance in hours, you live in New England.

6. If you have switched from "heat" to A/C" and back again in the same day, you live in New England.

7. If yo can drive 75 m.p.h. through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England.

8. If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you live in New England.

9. If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you live in New England.

10. If you design your kids Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you
live in New England.

11. If the speed limit on the highway is 55 m.p.h. - - you're driving 80 and everyone is passing you, you live in New England.

12. If driving is better in winter because the potholes are packed with snow, you live in New England.

13. If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road
construction, you live in New England.

14. If you have more miles on your snowblower than your car, you live in New England.

15. If you find 10 degrees "a little chilly", you live in New England.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 06:16 am
Mornin', hawkman. Thanks for the reminders of yesterday and today's famous folks.

I love it when Jeff Foxworthy steps out of character. Marvelous observation by the redneck guy.

I saw Ragtime with James Cagney, but I really didn't enjoy his role. It may be because the character was not in Doctorow's book. I was interested in the girl in the red velvet swing, however, because that was a true story.

Jelly Roll Morton fascinated me, but most of his ragtime music is instrumental. Well, folks, since he was creole, let's listen to this one.

Way down yonder in New Orleans
In the land of the dreamy scenes
It's a garden of Eden...you know what I mean
Creole babies with lovin' eyes
Softly whisper their tender sighs
Stop..ya bet your life you'll linger there...a little while
Stop....won't you give your lady fair...a little smile
It's the heaven right here on earth
All the beautiful queens
Way down yonder in New...Orleans
Stop....won't you give your lady fair...a little smile
Stop....give lady fair...a little smile
Oh!
It's the heaven right here on earth
All the beautiful queens,
Look out!
Way down yonder in New Orleans

Well, we will await our "One Dalmatian" to comment further.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 10:59 am
Good Afternoon WA2K.

Letty might enjoy the movie "The Girl in the Red Velvet Swing" with Joan Collins as Evelyn Nesbitt, Ray Milland as Stanford Thaw and Farley Granger as Harry Kendall Thaw:
http://img.search.com/thumb/a/a7/JoanCollinslife.jpg/200px-JoanCollinslife.jpg

I loved the music from the movie Ragtime and also the soundtrack of the Broadway musical with those greats, Audra McDonald and Brian Stokes Mitchell.

And one day intend to take the time to read the novel.

And for today, that "top of the world", Yankee Doodle Dandy; Phyllis Diller; Diahann Carroll; Donald Sutherland and David Hasselhoff.

http://www.popculturestore.com/shop/images/00198.jpghttp://www.mpitelemedia.com/stills/Diller6_tm.jpg
http://www.playbill.com/images/photos/diva1_1144415594.jpghttp://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2006/05/04/sutherland-getty.jpghttp://www.poster.net/hasselhoff-david/hasselhoff-david-photo-david-hasselhoff-6205901.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 11:22 am
There she is, folks. Great photo's today, Raggedy. I think we all know most of them. I believe that I watched that movie, PA, but I'm not certain.

I always liked Joan Collins, so I must have.

Let's hear this song by Diahann because it is one of my favorites and we hope you enjoy it as well, listeners.

Whenever skies look gray to me and trouble begins to brew
Whenever the winter winds become too strong
I concentrate on you

When fortune cries "Nay, nay" to me
And people declare "You're through"
Whenever the blues become my only songs
I concentrate on you

On your smile, so sweet, so tender
When at first my kiss you do decline
On the light in your eyes when you surrender
And once again our arms intertwine

And so when wise men say to me
That love's young dream never comes true
To prove that even the wise men can be wrong
I concentrate on you

[instrumental to end]
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 12:11 pm
Oops! Sorry Pa but they werent both named Thaw. Ray Milland played Stanford White.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 01:09 pm
Well, folks, while we await the puppy' s reply to the hawk, I found this movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039428/plotsummary

Ray Milland was the star. What a surprise.

The best song that I can think of to play is this one.

Bobby Darin.

There's a story the Gypsies know is true

That when your love wears golden earrings

She belongs to you

An old love story that's known to very few

But if you wear these golden earrings

Love will come to you

By the burning fire they will glow with every coal

You will hear desire whisper low in your soul

So be my Gypsy

Make love your guiding light

And let this pair of golden earrings cast their spell tonight

By the burning fire they will glow with every coal

You will hear desire whisper low in your soul

So be my Gypsy

Make love your guiding light

And let this pair of golden earrings cast their spell tonight

Let this pair golden earrings cast their spell tonight

Let this pair golden earrings cast their spell tonight
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 01:35 pm
How Can I Be Sure

How can I be sure in a world that's constantly changing?
How can I be sure where I stand with you?
Whenever I, whenever I am away from you
I wanna die 'cause you know I wanna stay with you.
How do I know? Maybe you're trying to use me.
Flying too high can confuse me. Touch me but don't take me down.
Whenever I, whenever I am away from you
My alibi is telling people I don't care for you.
Maybe I'm just hanging around with my head up upside down.
It's a pity, I can't seem to find someone who's as pretty
and lovely as you.
How can I be sure? I really really really wanna know.
I really really really wanna know. Oh.
How can I be sure in a world that's constantly changing?
How can I be sure? I'll be sure with you.

Young Rascals
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 01:57 pm
Well, T-Rex, we have a dinosaur and a hawk so far. Like that song, incidentally, but what about these old rascals, buddy?

Artist/Band: Fogerty John
You Rascal You

Now I'll be glad when you're dead, you rascal you, uh-huh.
I'll be glad when you're dead, you rascal you, oh yeah.
Well I let into my home, you gonna leave my woman alone,
I'll be glad when you're dead, you rascal you.

Now I'll be glad when you die, you rascal you, uh-huh.
I'll be glad, oh I'll be tickled to death when you leave this earth it's true, oh yeah.
When you're lyin' down six feet deep, no more fried chicken will you eat.

Ah, you just ain't no good! oh, you dog!

Now listen here, I'll be glad when you're dead, you rascal you, uh-huh.
I'll be standin' on the corner high, when they drag your body by,
I'll be glad when you're dead, you know I'm gonna be so happy when you're gone you dog!
I'll be glad when you're dead, you rascal you

Very Happy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 04:55 pm
Today he traded his big 98 Oldsmobile

He got a heck of a deal

On a new Porsche car

He ain't wearing his usual grey business suit

He's got jeans and high boots

With an embroidered star

An today he's forty years old going on twenty

Don't look for the grey in his hair

'Cause he ain't got any

He's got a young thing beside him

That just melts in his hand

He's middle aged crazy

Trying to prove he still can

He's gotta a woman he's loved for a long long time at home

Ah but the thrill is all gone

When they cut down the lights

They've got a business that they spent a while comming by

been a long uphill climb

But now the profits are high

But today he's forty years old going on twenty

And he hears of sordid affairs and he aint had any

And the young thing beside him

You know she understands

That he's middle aged crazy

Trying to prove he still can

guitar solo

Middle Age Crazy
Jerry Lee Lewis
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 05:22 pm
Great Jerry Lee song, edgar. Thanks, Texas. Incidentally, folks. There is a rag tag Scottish group called Middle of the Road. Found them accidentally with a cue from that porche.

MIDDLE OF THE ROAD

version one

THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD IS TRYING TO FIND ME
I'M STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF LIFE WITH MY PLANS BEHIND ME
WELL I GOT A SMILE FOR EVERYONE I MEET
AS LONG AS YOU DON'T TRY DRAGGING MY BAY
OR DROPPING THE BOMB ON MY STREET

NOW COME ON BABY
GET IN THE ROAD
OH COME ON NOW
IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD, YEAH

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD YOU SEE THE DARNDEST THINGS