I just can't go on
You can go on baby, baby that's all right
I'll find the one gonna treat me right
Treat me right
Gonna treat me right
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 07:41 pm
Dear fats, edgar. What a great performer. Thanks, Texas.

It's time for me to say goodnight, and here is a lovely song, listeners, and done by a jazz lovin' Brit.

Jamie Cullum

You and the night and the music
Fill me flaming desire
Setting my being completely on fire
You and the night and the music
Thrill me but will we be one
After the night and the music are done

Until the pale light of dawn and in daylight
Hearts will be throbbing guitars
Morning will come without warning and take away the stars
If we must live for the moment
Love until the moment is through
After the night and the music die
Will I have you?

Until the pale light of dawn and in daylight
Hearts will be throbbing guitars
Morning will come without warning and take away the stars
If we must live for the moment
Love until the moment is through
After the night and the music die
Will I have you?

From Letty with love
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 08:42 pm
Danny

My name should be trouble My name should be woe For trouble and heartache Is all that I know But Danny, yes, Danny is my name My life has been empty My heart has been torn It must have been rainy, oh yeah, The night I was born Oh Danny, oh Danny is my name I'm so afraid of tomorrow So tired of today They say that love is the answer But love never came my way I'm writing a letter To someone I know So if you should find it And if you're alone Oh Danny, yes, Danny is my name Oh Danny, yes, Danny is my name Oh-oh-oh-oh.

Elvis
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 08:44 pm
One Night of Sin

One night of sin, yeah Is what I'm now paying for The things I did and I saw Would make the earth stand still Don't call my name It makes me feel so ashamed I lost my sweet helping hand I got myself to blame Always lived, very quiet life Ain't never did no wrong But now I know that very quiet life Has cost me nothing but harm One night of sin, yeah Is what I'm now paying for The things I did and I saw Would make the earth stand still Always lived, very quiet life Ain't never did no wrong But now I know that very quiet life Has cost me nothing but harm One night of sin, yeah Is what I'm now paying for The things I did and I saw Would make the earth stand still.

Elvis
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 08:45 pm
G.I. Blues

They give us a room with a view of the beautiful Rhine They give us a room with a view of the beautiful Rhine Gimme a muddy old creek in Texas any old time I've got those hup, two, three, four occupation G.I. Blues From my G.I. hair to the heels of my G.I. shoes And if I don't go stateside soon I'm gonna blow my fuse We get hasenpfeffer and black pumpernickel for chow We get hasenpfeffer and black pumpernickel for chow I'd blow my next month's pay for a slice of Texas cow We'd like to be heroes, but all we do here is march We'd like to be heroes, but all we do here is march And they don't give the Purple Heart for a fallen arch I've got those hup, two, three, four occupation G.I. Blues From my G.I. hair to the heels of my G.I. shoes And if I don't go stateside soon I'm gonna blow my fuse The frauleins are pretty as flowers But we can't make a pass The frauleins are pretty as flowers But we can't make a pass Cause they're all wearin' signs saying: "Keepen sie off the grass" I've got those hup, two, three, four occupation G.I. Blues From my G.I. hair to the heels of my G.I. shoes And if I don't go stateside soon I'm gonna blow my fuse.

Elvis
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 04:26 am
Good morning, WA2K listeners and contributors.

edgar, Elvis will never die, right? Thanks, Texas, for the reminder.

I noticed that today Lena Horne will be ninety years old. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LENA.

Floods in Texas and fires in California, folks, so from Lena a weather song.

Don't know why there's no sun up in the sky
Stormy weather
Since my man and I ain't together,
keeps rainin' all the time

Life is bare, gloom and mis'ry everywhere
Stormy weather
Just can't get my poor self together,
I'm weary all the time
So weary all the time

When he went away the blues walked in and met me.
If he stays away old rockin' chair will get me.
All I do is pray the Lord above will let me walk in the sun once more.

Can't go on, ev'ry thing I had is gone
Stormy weather
Since my man and I ain't together,
keeps rainin' all the time.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 06:31 am
Susan Hayward
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Birth name Edythe Marrenner
Born June 30, 1917
Brooklyn, New York
Died March 14, 1975, aged 57
Hollywood, California
Academy Awards

Best Actress
1958 I Want to Live!
Golden Globe Awards

Best Actress - Motion Picture Musical/Comedy
1953 With a Song in My Heart
Best Actress - Motion Picture Drama
1959 I Want to Live!

Susan Hayward (June 30, 1917 - March 14, 1975) was an Academy Award-winning American actress.

Biography

Early life

Hayward was born Edythe Marrenner in Brooklyn, New York to Walter Marrenner and Ellen Pearson. Her maternal grandparents were from Sweden.[1] She began her career as a photographer's model. She went to Hollywood in 1937, aiming to secure the role of Scarlett O'Hara in Gone with the Wind. Her screen name was chosen by her management because it was "as close to Rita Hayworth as we can get away with."

Career

Although she was not given the role, Hayward found employment playing bit parts until she was cast in Beau Geste (1939) opposite Gary Cooper. She was also one of the many actresses who auditioned for the part of Scarlett O'Hara in Gone with the Wind. During the war years, she played leading lady to John Wayne twice in Reap the Wild Wind (1942) and The Fighting Seabees (1944), and the film version of The Hairy Ape (1944).

After the war, she established herself as one of Hollywood's most popular leading ladies in films such as Tap Roots (1948), My Foolish Heart (1949), David and Bathsheba (1951), and With a Song in My Heart (1952).

In 1947, she received the first of her five Academy Award nominations for her role of the alcoholic and fast-rising night-club singer in Smash-Up, the Story of a Woman.

During the 1950s she won acclaim for her dramatic performances as President Andrew Jackson's melancholic wife in The President's Lady (1953); the alcoholic actress, Lillian Roth, in I'll Cry Tomorrow (1955), based on Roth's best-selling autobiography of the same name; and the real-life California killer Barbara Graham in I Want to Live! (1958). Hayward's unglamorous and gritty portrayal of Graham won her an Oscar as Best Actress.

She received good reviews for her performance in a Las Vegas production of Mame, but left the production because she felt unprepared for the demands the role made on her voice. She blamed herself for not having wanted to spend the money on voice lessons that might have allowed her to keep the role. Loretta Swit played "Agnes Gooch" in the same production.

After Hayward was forced to withdraw from the production, she was replaced by the talented, but prickly, Oscar-winning actress and singer Celeste Holm. Hayward warned Holm that if she mistreated the "great" company she was now joining, then she (Hayward) would "kick your a** back to Toledo"[citation needed] (though Holm was not a Toledo native).

She continued to act throughout the 1960s and into the early 1970s, when she was diagnosed with brain cancer. Her final film role was as Dr. Maggie Cole in the 1972 made-for-TV drama Say Goodbye, Maggie Cole. (The film was actually planned as a pilot for a possible weekly television series, but due to Hayward's cancer diagnosis and failing health, the TV series was never produced.) Her last public appearance was at the 1974 Oscar telecast to present the "Best Actress" award, despite the fact she was very ill. With Charlton Heston supporting her, and having been given massive doses of dopamine, she managed to get through it. Hayward later stated, "that's the last time I do that".

Personal life

Hayward died at age 57 on March 14, 1975, of pneumonia-related complications of her brain cancer, having survived considerably longer than doctors had originally predicted. She was cremated and buried next to her second and final husband, Eaton Chalkley, with whom she had converted to Roman Catholicism, in Carrollton, Georgia. She was survived by her two sons. Chalkley was by all accounts the love of Hayward's life, and they had lived together happily in Carrollton for years before his death in 1966.

In December 1964, she was baptized a Catholic at SS Peter & Paul's Roman Catholic Church on Larimar Avenue, in the East Liberty section of Pittsburgh, by Father McGuire. She had met Father McGuire while in China and promised him that if she ever converted, he would be the one to baptize her.

Some theorize that Hayward's cancer was a result of having been exposed to nuclear fallout during the filming of The Conqueror (1956) near St. George, Utah.[citation needed] (Deaths of other cast members have been cited in the same context.) During the 13 weeks of filming in the summer of 1955, the cast and crew were probably dusted with the fallout from the Zucchini test (May 15, 1955) and possibly the Tesla test (March 1, 1955). By this time, St. George had already received most of the fallout that would later make it the most famous of the "downwinder" cities (see DOE/NV 374).

However, the number of cases of cancer detected (91) and the number of deaths from cancer (46) in the cast and crew (220) are in line with the average lifetime risk of cancer in whites (around 40%) and the average lifetime risk of dying of cancer for whites (around 20%), as published by the National Cancer Institute SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2001.

[edit] Academy Awards and Nominations
1958 - Won Best Actress in a Leading Role - I Want to Live!
1956 - Nominated Best Actress in a Leading Role - I'll Cry Tomorrow
1953 - Nominated Best Actress in a Leading Role - With a Song in My Heart
1950 - Nominated Best Actress in a Leading Role - My Foolish Heart
1948 - Nominated Best Actress in a Leading Role - Smash-Up, the Story of a Woman
Hayward has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6251 Hollywood Blvd.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 06:36 am
Lena Horne

Background information

Birth name Lena Mary Calhoun Horne
Born June 30, 1917 (1917-06-30) (age 90)
Origin Brooklyn, New York
Genre(s) Jazz, Pop
Occupation(s) Singer, Actress
Years active 1938- Present
Label(s) MGM Records
Associated
acts Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Doris Day

Lena Mary Calhoun Horne (born June 30, 1917 in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, New York City, New York) is a popular singer of African-American and Native American descent. She has recorded and performed extensively with jazz musicians (notably Artie Shaw, Teddy Wilson), Billy Strayhorn, and Duke Ellington. She currently lives in New York City and no longer makes public appearances (JET, April 2007). She might be best-known for her version of the song "Stormy Weather", which was a hit in the 1940s.

Early career

Lena Horne was born in Brooklyn, New York, on June 30, 1917 and grew up in an upper middle class black bourgeois community. Her father, Edwin "Teddy" Horne, who worked in the gambling trade, left the family when Lena was three. Her mother, Edna Scottron, was the daughter of inventor Samuel R. Scottron; she was an actress with an African American theater troupe and traveled extensively. Horne was mainly raised by her grandparents, Cora Calhoun and Edwin Horne.

Lena Horne made her film debut starring as "the Bronze Venus" in The Duke is Tops, a 1938 musical.After a false start headlining a 1938 musical race movie called The Duke is Tops, Horne became the first African American performer to sign a long-term contract with a major Hollywood studio, namely Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. She made her debut with MGM in 1942's Panama Hattie and became famous in 1943 for her rendition of Stormy Weather in the movie of the same name (which she made while on loan to 20th Century Fox from MGM).

She appeared in a number of MGM musicals, most notably Cabin in the Sky (also 1943), but was never featured in a leading role due to her race and the fact that films featuring her had to be reedited for showing in southern states where theatres could not show films with African American performers. As a result, most of Horne's film appearances were standalone sequences that had no bearing on the rest of the film, so editing caused no disruption to the storyline; a notable exception was the all-black musical Cabin in the Sky, though even then one of her numbers had to be cut because it was considered too suggestive by the censors.

Stormy Weather did feature Horne in a major acting role, with a more substantial part than what she had in Cabin in the Sky, but as noted, this was not an MGM musical. She was originally considered for the role of Julie LaVerne in MGM's 1951 version of Show Boat (having already played the role when a segment of Show Boat was performed in Till the Clouds Roll By) but Ava Gardner was given the role instead (the production code office had banned interracial relationships in films). In the documentary That's Entertainment! III Horne stated that MGM executives required Gardner to practice her singing using recordings of Horne performing the songs, which offended both Horne and Gardner (ultimately, Gardner ended up having her singing voice overdubbed by another actress for the threatrical release, though her own voice was heard on the soundtrack album).

Changes of direction

Disenchanted with Hollywood by the mid-1950s, and increasingly focused on her nightclub career, she only made two major appearances in MGM films during the decade, 1950's Duchess of Idaho (which was also Eleanor Powell's film swan song), and the 1956 musical Meet Me in Las Vegas. However it is important to point out also that, according to a PBS documentary, she was blacklisted during the 1950s for her political views.[1] She returned to the screen three more times, playing chanteuse Claire Quintana in the 1969 film Death of a Gunfighter, Glinda the Good Witch in The Wiz (1978), with Diana Ross and Michael Jackson, and co-hosting the aforementioned 1994 MGM retrospective That's Entertainment! III in which she was candid about her treatment by the studio. In her later years, Horne also made occasional television appearances - generally as herself - on such programs as The Muppet Show (where she sang with Kermit the Frog) and Sanford and Son in the 1970's, as well as a 1985 performance on The Cosby Show and a 1993 appearance on A Different World.

She appeared in Broadway musicals several times and in 1958 was nominated for the Tony Award for "Best Actress in a Musical" (for her part in the "Calypso" musical Jamaica) In 1981 she received a Special Tony Award for her one-woman show, Lena Horne: "The Lady and Her Music". Despite the show's considerable success (Horne still holds the record for the longest-running solo performance in Broadway history), she was not inclined to capitalize on the renewed interest in her career by undertaking many new musical projects. A proposed 1983 joint recording project between Horne and Frank Sinatra (to be produced by Quincy Jones) was ultimately abandoned, and her sole studio recording of the decade was 1988's The Men In My Life, featuring sentimental duets with Sammy Davis, Jr. and Joe Williams. In 1989, she received the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.

The 1990's found Horne considerably more active in the recording studio - all the more remarkable considering she was approaching her 80th year. Following her triumphant 1993 performance at a tribute to the musical legacy of her good friend, Billy Strayhorn (Duke Ellington's longtime pianist and arranger), she decided to record an album largely comprised of Strayhorn's and Ellington's songs the following year, 1994's We'll Be Together Again. To coincide with the release of the album, Horne made what would be her final concert performances at New York's Supper Club and Carnegie Hall. That same year, Horne also lent her vocals to a recording of "Embraceable You" on Frank Sinatra's "Duets II" album. Though the album was largely derided by the critics, the poignant Sinatra-Horne pairing was generally regarded as its highlight. In 1995, a "live" album capturing her Supper Club performance was released (subsequently winning a Grammy Award for Best Jazz Vocal Album). In 1998, at the age of 81, Horne released another studio album, entitled Being Myself. Thereafter, Horne essentially retired from performing (and largely retreated from public view), though she did return to the recording studio in 2000 to contribute vocal tracks on Simon Rattle's "Classic Ellington" album.

Civil Rights activism

Horne is also noteworthy for her lifelong contribution to the Civil Rights movement. In the 1940s, she performed at Cafe Society and spent time working with lifelong friend Paul Robeson, another singer who was involved in work against racial discrimination. During World War II, when entertaining the troops at her own expense, she refused to perform "for segregated audiences or to groups in which German POWs were seated in front of African American servicemen" [2] according to her Kennedy Center bio. But she became more well-known during the Civil Rights movement, attending the March on Washington of 1963, and speaking and performing on behalf of the NAACP and the National Council for Negro Women. She also worked with Eleanor Roosevelt to pass anti-lynching legislation in the U.S. Congress.[3]

Tributes and re-releases

In 2003, ABC announced that Janet Jackson would star as Horne in a television biopic (after it was rumored for years that Whitney Houston would take the job). In the weeks following Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" debacle during the 2004 Super Bowl, however, Variety reported that Horne demanded Jackson be dropped from the project. "ABC executives resisted Horne's demand," according to the Associated Press report, "but Jackson representatives told the trade newspaper that she left willingly after Horne and her daughter, Gail Lumet Buckley, asked that she not take part." Oprah Winfrey stated to Alicia Keys during a 2005 interview on The Oprah Winfrey Show that she might possibly consider producing the biopic herself, casting Keys as Horne.

In January 2005, Blue Note Records, her label for more than a decade, announced that "the finishing touches have been put on a collection of rare and unreleased recordings by the legendary Horne made during her time on Blue Note. Remixed by her longtime producer Rodney Jones, the recordings featured Horne in remarkably secure voice for a woman of her years, and include versions of such signature songs as 'Something To Live For', 'Chelsea Bridge' and 'Stormy Weather'." The album, originally titled Soul but renamed Seasons of a Life, was finally released on January 24, 2006.

Personal life

Lena Horne was married to Lennie Hayton, a Jewish American, from 1947 until his death in 1971. Hayton was one of the premier musical conductors and arrangers at MGM. In her as-told-to autobiography Lena by Richard Schickel, Horne recounts the enormous pressures she and her husband faced as an interracial married couple. However, she later admitted (Ebony, May 1980) that she really married Hayton to advance her career and cross the "color-line" in show business. She is also a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated.

Trivia

Reported descent from John C. Calhoun family. [4]
In the episode The Cartoon of Seinfeld Kramer states to Jerry,"You know what woman I always thought you looked like? Lena Horne."
Is of Cherokee descent.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 06:38 am
Nancy Dussault

Nancy Dussault (born June 30, 1936 in Pensacola, Florida) is an American singer and actress. She grew up as a "Navy junior".

In 1962, Dussault stepped into the role of Maria in the Broadway production of The Sound of Music. She received a Tony Award nomination in 1961 for Best Featured Actress (Musical) for Do Re Mi and was nominated for her performance in Bajour (1965). She appeared in the City Center Gilbert & Sullivan NYC Company, directed by Dorothy Raedler, with such Metropolitan Opera singers as Nico Castel, Muriel Costa-Greenspon, and Frank Poretta, Sr.

On television, she was a regular on the 1970s show The New Dick Van Dyke Show and played Ted Knight's wife in the role of Muriel Rush on Too Close for Comfort.

She was the first female co-anchor of Good Morning America, working with David Hartman, when the show started in 1975.

She was the first actress to portray the character of Theresa Stemple, the mother of character Jamie Stemple Buchman, in season one of the long-running NBC 1990s TV series, Mad About You.

She lives in California with her husband and has no children.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 06:40 am
"Glass Eye"

A man was eating in a fancy restaurant, and
there was a gorgeous blond eating at the next
table. He had been checking her out all night,
but lacked the nerve to go talk to her.

Suddenly she sneezed and her glass eye went
flying out of her socket towards the man. With
his quick reflexes, he caught it in mid-air.

"Oh my gosh, I am sooooo sorry," the woman
said as she popped her eye back in the socket.
"Let me buy you dinner to make it up to you."

They enjoyed a wonderful dinner together and
afterwards the woman invited him back to her
place for a drink.

They went back to her house, and after a bit she
brought him into the bedroom and began
undressing him. The couple had wild, passionate
sex many times during the night.

The next morning when he awoke, she had already
gotten up and brought him breakfast in bed.

The guy was amazed. "You know, you are the
perfect woman. Are you this nice to every guy
you meet?"

"No, she replied.... You just happened to catch
my eye!"
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 07:01 am
Oh, my, folks. We know that Bob has completed his bio's when he provides us with a pun. <groan> Thanks, hawkman.

Until our punny puppy arrives with famous folks' faces, here's one by Nancy Dussault.

Doe, a deer, a female deer
Ray, a drop of golden sun
Me, a name I call myself
Far, a long long way to run
Sew, a needle pulling thread
La, a note to follow sew
Tea, I drink with jam and bread
That will bring us back to do...oh oh oh

Me, a name I call myself
La, a note to follow sew
That will bring us back to Do

Me, a name I call myself
La, a note to follow sew
That will bring us back to do

Do re mi fa so la ti do, so do
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 08:23 am
http://www.greeting-cards-4u.com/platinum6/pictures/images/Tubes/Disney/101Dalmations/tn_101dal1.jpg
Just goes to show this pup will laugh at any joke, however, in the future, intends to keep its eye out for a slight improvement in material - no reflection on Bob, of course. Very Happy

And now, those famous folks, (the way they were):

http://www.tldm.org/photos/SusanHayward0608.jpghttp://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/staff/lena.jpg
http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/socialdiary/2005/04_05_05/images/nancyDussault.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 08:44 am
Charlie Pride
The Day The World Stood Still

One day you came along
And spoke so tenderly
You kissed me, oh, so sweet
And gave your love to me

One moment in my life
I clung to every thrill
Time was a precious thing
The day the world stood still

For one day in my life
You brought me happiness
You stopped the lonely world
With all your tenderness

I can't get over you
I guess I never will

And you were only mine
I held you close to me
And stopped the hands of time

I can't get over you
I guess I never will

0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 09:02 am
Hee, hee. Thanks, Raggedy for the trio of ladies. I think we have covered them all. (hmmm. they are not bare naked ladies, however)

Well, there's edgar with Charlie Pride. Your song reminds me of this, Texas.

"Klaatu barada nikto"

Speaking of old movies, Turner Classic Movies is showing them all, and what a delight. In many ways they are far superior to the ones we watch today.

Last evening, I once again saw Witness for the Prosecution, and it was superb, folks. Then Murder on the Orient Express was featured with Hercule Poirot played by Albert Finney. Magnificent, really. The cast was replete with stars who we all know, and the ending a real winner.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 09:39 am
And no commercials. And dialogue, too. Very Happy
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 10:03 am
Absolutely, Raggedy. Look at all the notables in the movie.

cast
Albert Finney - Hercule Poirot
Lauren Bacall - Mrs. Hubbard
Ingrid Bergman - Greta
Sean Connery - Col. Arbuthnot
Martin Balsam - Bianchi
Vanessa Redgrave - Mary Debenham
Colin Blakely - Cyrus Hardman
Wendy Hiller - Princess Dragomiroff
George Silver - Chef
John Moffatt - Chief Attendant
Anthony Perkins - McQueen
Jeremy Lloyd - A.D.C.
Michael York - Count Andrenyi
Rachel Roberts - Hildegarde Schmidt
Denis Quilley - Antonio Foscarelli
John Gielgud - Beddoes
Vernon Dobtcheff - Concierge
Jean-Pierre Cassel - Pierre Michel
George Coulouris - Dr. Constantine
Jacqueline Bisset - Countess Andrenyi
Richard Widmark - The victim

I was surprised that the entire thing was based on the kidnapping of the Lindberg baby.

The Turkish band played something familiar, but I can't recall it at the moment.

It's nice to have a movie review on our wee cyber station, no?
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 10:45 am
Yes indeed. IMDb has some very interesting trivia about Murder on the Orient Express. But, we could go on forever about that. Very Happy
It's been such a long time since I've seen the movie, but the theme song was called "Never Can Say Goodbye" and Andre Kostelanetz performed it. It was Oscar nominated. Ingrid won the Best Supporting Actress Award.

And the cast for Witness for the Prosecution was superb. Tyrone Power, Marlene Dietrich and Charles Laughton to name a few. I thought Laughton stole the show.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 11:04 am
Yes, Raggedy, Laughton and his brandy thermos. Razz

Well, the theme to Murder on the Orient Express must be an instrumental, PA, cause I couldn't find the lyrics.

Here's the best that I could do, folks.

Artist: The Renaissance
Song: Orient express
Album: Time-Line

Hour by hour I feel the tension mounting
Pretty soon now I'll be on my way
People meeting, greeting, leaving, meaning
Everything they say

Start to move, feel closer now
I walk along the corridors of power
Orient Express, life to excess
There's so much to see, and it's waiting for me
Out threre, I care, I dare

Through a country that you've only heard of
Through the valleys, feel the pressure drop
Onwards moving 'til you see the mountains
Feel your heart may stop

Day and night feel closer now
I walk along these corridors of power

Orient Express, built to impress
There's so much to see, and you set me free
Out here, feel near, to fear
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 11:39 am
WESTERN MOVIES
THE OLYMPICS

To save my soul I can't get a date,
Baby's got it tuned on channel eight.
Now Wyatt Earp and the Big Cheyenne
They're comin' thru the T.V. shootin up the land.
Ah...um...my baby loves the Western movies.
My baby loves the Western movies,
Bam, bam, shoot 'em up Pow.
Ah..um..My babe loves the Western Movies.
I call my baby on the telephone
To tell her half my head was gone
I just got hit by a great big brick
She says thanks for reminding me about that Maverick
Ah..um...my baby loves the Western movies.
My baby loves the Western movies,
Bam, bam, shoot em up pow.
Ah...um...
My baby loves the Western movies.
Well there's Jeremy Roller and Old Cochise
Jim Hardy, Jim Bowie and Sugarfoot.
They all have gun will travel
Give me back my boots and saddle uh huh.
Here's the story of the certain Wagon Train Mccord
A broken arrow has broken my heart.
A Jefferson Thomas with Bat Masterson
Unties my baby and the fight was won.
Ah..um...my baby loves the Western movies.
My baby loves the western movies.
Bam bam shoot em up pow.
Ah um, my baby loves the western movies.

Note:
(Jim Hardie was a character in the TV show "Tales of Wells Fargo" which ran
from 1957 to 1962) Jim Bowie was the famous frontiersman portrayed in the
show Adventures of Jim Bowie which ran from 1956-1958
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 11:51 am
Love it, edgar. You got 'em all rolled into one. I recall the Bowie knife, Texas.

and this one, folks. Note the sign. Razz

Chinese Zodiac sign for the Rat - Maverick

Who is the tall, dark stranger there?
Maverick is his name.
Riding the trail to who-knows-where.
Luck is his companion.
Gambling is his game.
Wild as a wind in Oregon,
Blowing up the canyon.
Easier to tame.

River boat, ring your bell!
Fare thee well, Annabelle.
Luck is the lady that he loves the best.
Traveling 'round New Orleans,
Living on jacks and queens.
Maverick is the legend of the West.
0 Replies