WA2K Radio is now on the air

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 03:27 am
Good morning, WA2K listeners and contributors.

edgar, thanks for the Van Morrison song. Strange allusions everywhere in the lyrics of Dylan and Morrison.

Hey, Rex. Thanks for the Beatles sub song. Actually, Maine, there is not enough water here to float a paper boat.

I guess everyone noticed Bowie's reference to Dylan Thomas in his song for Bob, so let's hear a poem by him for this early morning.

Light breaks where no sun shines

Light breaks where no sun shines;
Where no sea runs, the waters of the heart
Push in their tides;
And, broken ghosts with glowworms in their heads,
The things of light
File through the flesh where no flesh decks the bones.

A candle in the thighs
Warms youth and seed and burns the seeds of age;
Where no seed stirs,
The fruit of man unwrinkles in the stars,
Bright as a fig;
Where no wax is, the candle shows its hairs.

Dawn breaks behind the eyes;
From poles of skull and toe the windy blood
Slides like a sea;
Nor fenced, nor staked, the gushers of the sky
Spout to the rod
Divining in a smile the oil of tears.

Night in the sockets rounds,
Like some pitch moon, the limit of the globes;
Day lights the bone;
Where no cold is, the skinning gales unpin
The winter's robes;
The film of spring is hanging from the lids.

Light breaks on secret lots,
On tips of thought where thoughts smell in the rain;
When logics die,
The secret of the soil grows through the eye,
And blood jumps in the sun;
Above the waste allotments the dawn halts.

Dylan Thomas
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 05:24 am
Robert Preston
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Born June 8, 1918
Newton, Massachusetts, United States
Died March 21, 1987 (age 69)
Montecito, California, United States

Robert Preston Meservey (June 8, 1918 - March 21, 1987), better known as Robert Preston, was an Oscar-nominated American actor.

Early life

Preston was born in Newton, Massachusetts, the son of a garment worker. After attending Abraham Lincoln High School in Los Angeles, California, he studied acting at the Pasadena Community Playhouse. He would later serve as an intelligence officer with the U.S. 9th Air Force during World War II.

Career

Preston appeared in many Hollywood films, predominantly Westerns, but is probably best remembered for his portrayal of the character "Professor" Harold Hill in Meredith Willson's musical, The Music Man (1962). He won a Tony Award for his performance in the original Broadway production. In 1974, he starred opposite Bernadette Peters in the Broadway musical "Mack and Mabel" as Mack Sennett, the famous silent film director.

In 1961, Preston was asked to make a recording as part of a program by the President's Council on Physical Fitness to get schoolchildren to do more daily exercise. The song, "Chicken Fat," written by Meredith Willson and performed by Preston with full orchestral accompaniment, was distributed to schools across the nation and played for students in calisthenics every morning. The song later became a surprise novelty hit and a part of baby-boomers' childhood memories.

Although he was not known for his singing voice, Preston appeared in several other stage and film musicals, notably Mame (1974) and Victor/Victoria (1982), for which he received an Academy Award nomination. His final role was in the TV movie Outrage! (1986). His final role in a film made for theatres was in The Last Starfighter, in which he played intergalactic con man/military recruiter "Centauri".

He died of lung cancer in 1987, aged 69.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 05:27 am
Alexis Smith

Birth name Gladys Smith
Born June 8, 1921
Penticton, British Columbia
Died June 9, 1993
Los Angeles, California
Spouse(s) Craig Stevens (1944-1993)
Tony Awards

Best Leading Actress - Musical
1972 Follies

Alexis Smith (June 8, 1921 - June 9, 1993) was a Tony Award-winning Canadian actress.

Born Gladys Smith in Penticton, British Columbia, Canada, she was the second Canadian with the name (following Mary Pickford) to achieve New York City and Hollywood stardom. Later in life she would say she preferred New York, while her husband of 49 years, actor Craig Stevens, favored California. She was quite tall, standing at least 5'9", and to fit her, the long, stylish dresses that former Warners' star Kay Francis had worn were allotted to her.

After being noticed in a play, Smith was signed to a contract by Warner Brothers Studios. Her earliest film roles were uncredited bit parts and it took several years for her career to gain momentum, but her appearance in The Constant Nymph was well received and led to bigger parts. During the 1940s she appeared opposite some of the most popular male stars of the day, including Errol Flynn in San Antonio (1945) (in which she sang a special version of the popular ballad "Some Sunday Morning"), Humphrey Bogart in The Two Mrs. Carrolls (1947), and Cary Grant in a sanitized, fictional version of Cole and Linda Porter's life in Night and Day (1946).

Some of Smith's other films include Rhapsody In Blue (1945), Of Human Bondage (1946), and The Young Philadelphians (1959).

Smith appeared on the cover of the May 3, 1971 issue of Time with the announcement that she would be starring in the Hal Prince's Broadway production of Stephen Sondheim's Follies. In 1972 she won the Tony for Best Actress in a Musical for her performance. She followed this with the 1973 all-star revival of The Women, the short-lived 1975 comedy Summer Brave, and the ill-fated 1978 musical Platinum, which drew decent notices only for her performance and quickly closed.

Smith was nominated for an Emmy Award for a guest appearance in the television sitcom Cheers in 1990.

Smith died in Los Angeles, California from brain cancer on the day after her 72nd birthday. She had no children and her husband was her only survivor.

Her final film, The Age of Innocence (1993), was released shortly after her death.

Rumors about her sexuality were prompted by lesbian author Rita Mae Brown's dedication of her book, Rubyfruit Jungle, to Smith.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 05:31 am
Dana Wynter

Birth name Dagmar Winter
Born June 8, 1931
Berlin, Germany
Spouse(s) Greg Bautzer

Dana Wynter (born Dagmar Winter on June 8, 1931) is a German/American actress. She appeared in film and television for more than four decades beginning in the 1950s.

Biography

Early life

Wynter was born in Berlin, Germany, the daughter of a noted surgeon. She grew up in England. When she was sixteen, her father went to Morocco to operate on a woman who wouldn't allow anyone else to attend her; he visited friends in Southern Rhodesia, fell in love with it and brought his daughter and her stepmother to live with him there. Wynter later enrolled as a pre-med student at Rhodes University (the only girl in a class of 150 boys) and also dabbled in theatre, playing the blind girl in a school production of "Through a Glass Darkly", in which she says she was "terrible". After a year-plus of studies, she returned to England and shifted gears, dropping her medical studies and turning to an acting career.

Career

Wynter began her cinema career in 1951 by playing small roles, usually uncredited, in British films. One such was "Lady Godiva Rides Again" (1951) in which other future leading ladies, Kay Kendall, Diana Dors and Joan Collins played similar small roles. She was appearing in the play "Hammersmith" when an American agent told her he wanted to represent her. She was seen as Morgan Le Fay's servant in an uncredited role in the 1953 MGM historical film, "Knights of the Round Table".

Wynter left for New York on November 5, 1953, "Guy Fawkes Day," a holiday commemorating a 1605 attempt to blow up the Parliament building. "There were all sorts of fireworks going off," she later told an interviewer, "and I couldn't help thinking it was a fitting send-off for my departure to the New World."

Wynter had more success in New York than in London. She appeared on the stage and on TV, where she had leading roles in "Robert Montgomery Presents (1953), "Suspense" (1954, with Otto Preminger) and "Studio One" (1955, with Barry Sullivan), among others. She then moved west to Hollywood where, in 1955, she was placed under contract by 20th Century Fox. In that same year, she won the Golden Globe award for Most Promising Newcomer, a title she shared with Anita Ekberg and Victoria Shaw. Wynter graduated to playing major roles in major films. In 1956, she co-starred with Kevin McCarthy, Larry Gates, and Carolyn Jones in what was to become perhaps her most famous role in the original "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (1956).

She starred opposite Robert Taylor in "D-Day the Sixth of June" (1956), alongside Rock Hudson and Sidney Poitier in "Something of Value" (1957), Mel Ferrer in "Fräulein" (1958), Robert Wagner in "In Love and War" (1958), James Cagney and Don Murray in "Shake Hands with the Devil" (1959), Kenneth More in "Sink the Bismarck" (1960) and Danny Kaye in "On the Double" (1961). She also played a leading role in "The List of Adrian Messenger" (1963).

After that role and for the next 20 years, she appeared as a guest star in literally dozens of television series... and in occasional cameo roles in films such as "Airport" (1970). In 1966-67, she co-starred with Robert Lansing in the television series, "The Man Who Never Was", but the effort lasted only one season. In 1993, she returned to TV to play Raymond Burr's wife in "The Return of Ironside".

Personal life

Wynter divorced her only husband, celebrity attorney Greg Bautzer, in 1981. She and Bautzer had one child: Mark Ragan Bautzer, born on January 29, 1960. Wynter, once called Hollywood's "oasis of elegance", now divides her time between homes in California and County Wicklow, Ireland.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 05:37 am
James Darren

James Darren
The Time Tunnel

Birth name James William Ercolani
Born June 8, 1936 (1936-06-08) (age 71)

Spouse(s) 1955-1959:
Gloria Terlitsky
1960 - present:
Evy Norlund
Notable roles Moondoggie
Gidget - 1959

James Darren (born James William Ercolani on June 8, 1936, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) is an American television and film actor, television director, and singer.

Biography

Darren began his career as a teen idol. This encompassed roles in films, most notably his role as Moondoggie in Gidget in 1959, as well as a string of pop hits for Colpix Records, the biggest of which was "Goodbye Cruel World" (#3 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1961). He is also featured in one of the Scopitone series of pop music video jukebox films ("Because You're Mine").

Darren's role in the gritty 1961 World War II film The Guns of Navarone was an attempt to break out of his teen image. He then achieved success co-starring as impulsive scientist and adventurer Tony Newman in the science fiction television series, The Time Tunnel (1966-67).

In the 1970s, Darren appeared as a celebrity panelist on Match Game.

Later, Darren had a regular role as Officer James Corrigan on the television police drama T.J. Hooker from 1983-1986. Subsequently he worked as a director on many action-based television series, including Hunter, The A-Team, and Nowhere Man, as well as dramas such as Beverly Hills, 90210 and Melrose Place.

James Darren as Vic Fontaine on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.In 1998 he achieved renewed popularity as a singer through his appearances on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine in the role of holographic crooner and advice-giver Vic Fontaine; many of his performances on the show were recorded for the album This One's From the Heart (1999). The album showed Darren, a close friend of Frank Sinatra, comfortably singing in the Sinatra style; the 2001 follow-up Because of You showed similar inspiration from Tony Bennett.

Some animation fans may know him as the singing voice of Yogi Bear in the 1964 animated film, Hey There, it's Yogi Bear, on the song "Ven-e, Ven-o, Ven-a". Prior to that, he was the singing and speaking voice of "Jimmy Darrock" on an episode of The Flintstones.

Personal life

Darren has been married twice. His first wife was Gloria Terlitzky with whom he had one son, Jim Moret, who for nearly a decade worked as a CNN reporter and anchor, and is currently Chief Correspondent for the syndicated news program Inside Edition. His second wife is Evy Norlund, with whom he has two sons, Christian Darren, a writer, and Tony Darren, a musician and singer-songwriter.

Trivia

James Darren dated Barbara Bouchet after she won the "Miss Gidget" contest in 1959.
James Darren and his wife are godparents to Nancy Sinatra's daughter Angela Jennifer Lambert (Frank Sinatra's first grandchild).

Quotes

On being a teen idol: "At times it was Chinese torture."
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 05:41 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 05:44 am
A blonde was chatting with her building manager when she
happened to mention that the tenants in the apartment above
hers were awfully noisy.
"Most nights, they stomp around up there as if they will
killing cockroaches or something. All evening, this goes on,
until around midnight."
"That's terrible," said the building manager. "Do you want me
to speak to them about it?"
"Oh, no, it's not necessary," said the blonde. "It doesn't keep
me up or anything, because, most nights, I usually stay up and
practice my trumpet 'til about that time anyway."
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:13 am
Hey, hawkman. That blonde didn't exactly get the message, did she. Love it buddy. Thanks again for all the great bio's , and, as usual, will await our pretty pup to show us the fabulous faces that help to jog our memory. Until then, here is that song about Nancy.

If I don't see her each day, I miss her
Gee what a thrill, each time I kiss her
Believe me, I've got a case
On Nancy, with the laughing face

She takes the winter and she makes it summer
And summer could take a few lessons from her
Picture a tomboy in lace
That's Nancy with the laughing face

Did you ever heard mission bells ringing
Well she'll give you the very same glow
When she speaks you would think it was singing
Just hear her say hello

I swear to goodness, you can't resist her
Sorry for you she has no sister
No angel could replace
Nancy, with the laughing face
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:40 am
Breaking news:

Ala. lawmaker punches Senate colleague By BOB JOHNSON, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 32 minutes ago

MONTGOMERY, Ala. - Simmering tensions in the Alabama Senate boiled over Thursday when a Republican lawmaker punched a Democratic colleague in the head before they were pulled apart.

Republican Sen. Charles Bishop claimed that Democratic Sen. Lowell Barron called him a "son of a (expletive)."

"I responded to his comment with my right hand," Bishop said. Alabama Public Television tape captured the punch.

and here is the rest of the story.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070608/ap_on_re_us/lawmaker_scuffle

Don't ask me why, but I got a laugh out of that one.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:53 am
'Twas a balmy summer evening and a goodly crowd was there
Which well-nigh filled Joe's barroom on the corner of the square,
And as songs and witty stories came through the open door
A vagabond crept slowly in and posed upon the floor.

"Where did it come from?" Someone said. "The wind has blown it in."
"What does it want?" another cried, "Some whisky, rum or gin?"
"Here, Toby, seek him, if your stomach's equal to the work --
I wouldn't touch him with a fork, He's as filthy as a [edited by PC police]."

This badinage the poor wretch took with stoical good grace;
In fact, he smiled as though he thought he'd struck the proper place.
"Come, boys, I know there's kindly hearts among so good a crowd --
To be in such good company would make a deacon proud."

"Give me a drink -- that's what I want -- I'm out of funds, you know;
When I had cash to treat the gang, this hand was never slow.
What? You laugh as if you thought this pocket never held a sou:
I once was fixed as well, my boys, as anyone of you."

"There, thanks; that's braced me nicely; God bless you one and all;
Next time I pass this good saloon, I'll make another call.
Give you a song? No, I can't do that, my singing days are past;
My voice is cracked, my throat's worn out, and my lungs are going fast.

"Say, Give me another whiskey ,and I'll tell you what I'll do --
I'll tell you a funny story, and a fact, I promise, too.
That I was ever a decent man, not one of you would think;
But, I was some four of five years back. Say, give me another drink.

"Fill her up, Joe, I want to put some life into my frame--
Such little drinks, to a bum like me, are miserably tame;
Five fingers --there, that's the scheme -- and corking whisky, too.
Well, here's luck, boys; and, landlord, my best regards to you.

"You've treated me pretty kindly, and I'd like to tell you how
I came to be the dirty sot you see before you now.
As I told you, once I was a man, with muscle , frame, and health,
And, but for a blunder, ought to have made considerable wealth.

"I was a painter -- not one that daubed on bricks and wood
But an artist, and, for my age, was rated pretty good.
I worked hard at my canvas and was bidding fair to rise,
For gradually I saw the star of fame before my eyes.

"I made a picture, perhaps you've seen, 'tis called the 'Chase of Fame.'
It brought me fifteen hundred pounds and added to my name.
And then I met a woman -- now comes the funny part --
With eyes that petrified my brain, and sunk into my heart.

"Why don't you laugh? 'Tis funny that the vagabond you see
Could ever love a woman and expect her love for me;
But 'twas so, and for a month or two her smiles were freely given,
And when her loving lips met mine it carried me to heaven.

"Did you ever see a woman for whom your soul you'd give,
With a form like the Milo Venus, too beautiful to live;
With eyes that would beat the Koh-i-noor, and a wealth of chestnut hair?
If so, 'twas she, for there never was another half so fair.

"I was working on a portrait, one afternoon in May,
Of a fair-haired boy, a friend of mine, who lived across the way,
And Madeline admired it, and much to my surprise,
Said that she'd like to know the man that had such dreamy eyes.

"It didn't take long to know him, and before the month had flown
My friend had stolen my darling, and I was left alone;
And, ere a year of misery had passed above my head,
The jewel I had treasured so had tarnished, and was dead.

"That's why I took to drink, boys. Why, I never saw you smile,
I thought you'd be amused, and laughing all the while.
Why, what's the matter, friend? There's a teardrop in your eye,
Come, laugh like me; 'tis only babes and women that should cry.

"Say, boys, if you give me just another whiskey, I'll be glad,
And I'll draw right here a picture of the face that drove me mad.
Give me that piece of chalk with which you mark the baseball score --
And you shall see the lovely Madeline upon the barroom floor."

Another drink, and with chalk in hand the vagabond began
To sketch a face that well might buy the soul of any man.
Then, as he placed another lock upon the shapely head,
With a fearful shriek, he leaped and fell across the picture -- dead.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 08:16 am
edgar, that was an eerie ballad. Is it based upon a true story, Texas? So many are, you know.

Here's another strange one by Nancy and Lee, folks.

Lee:
Some velvet morning when I'm straight
I'm gonna open up your gate
And maybe tell you 'bout Phaedra
and how she gave me life
and how she made it in

Nancy:
Flowers growing on the hill
Dragonflies and daffodils
Learn from us very much
Look at us but do not touch
Phaedra is my name

Lee:
and how she gave me life
and how she made it in

Nancy:
Flowers are the things we knew
Secrets are the things we grew
Learn from us very much
Phaedra is my name

Lee:
Nancy:
Flowers growing on the hill
Lee:
Nancy:
Dragonflies and daffodils
Lee:
Nancy:
Learn from us very much
Lee:
And how she gave me life
Nancy:
Lee:
and how she made it in
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 08:35 am
I don't think that poem is a true story. But, would you believe, Hank Snow recorded it?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 08:43 am
Face on the Barroom Floor (painting)

The Face on the Barroom Floor by Herndon Davis
The Face on the Barroom Floor is a painting on the floor of the Teller House Bar in Central City, Colorado, United States. It was painted in 1936 by Herndon Davis.

Story of the painting
Davis had been commissioned by the Central City Opera Association to paint a series of paintings for the Central City Opera House; he was also requested to do some work at the Teller House. One afternoon at the bar he became embroiled in a heated argument with Ann Evans, the project director, about the manner in which his work should be executed. The upshot of the fight was that Davis was told to quit, or else he would be fired.

According to one version of the story, the painting was the suggestion of a busboy named Joe Libby; knowing that Davis would soon be fired, he suggested that the artist "give them something to remember [him] by".[1]

In Davis' own words[2],

The Central City Opera House Association hired me to do a series of paintings and sketches of the famous mining town, which they were then rejuvenating as an opera center and tourist attraction. I stayed at the Teller House while working up there, and the whim struck me to paint a face on the floor of the old Teller House barroom. In its mining boom heyday it was just such a floor as the ragged artist used in d'Arcy's famous old poem. But the hotel manager and the bartender would have none of such tomfoolery. They refused me permission to paint the face. Still the idea haunted me, and in my last night in Central City, I persuaded the bellboy Jimmy Libby to give me a hand. After midnight, when the coast was clear, we slipped down there. Jimmy held a candle for me and I painted as fast as I could. Yet it was 3 AM when I finished.

Whatever the inspiration, Davis did not sign his work, and soon the bar's owners chose to capitalize on it. They advertised the painting as that from the poem "The Face on the Barroom Floor" by Hugh Antoine D'Arcy. The actual subject of the painting is not known for certain, but is believed to be Davis' wife Nita.

Chamber opera
The Teller House painting was the inspiration for a chamber opera by Henry Mollicone.

Charlie Chaplin made a silent comedy based on the poem.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 08:52 am
Hank Snow again? I was so shocked to find out that he did The Blue Danube, and now that strange ballad. Thanks, edgar.

RIP, Hank.

http://www.countrypolitan.com/hsnow.jpg

Maybe this is the face of which you spoke, edgar.

http://www.robertwservice.com/librarypics/pics/barroom_face.jpg
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 09:53 am
Good morning WA2K.

You weren't the only one laughing at the Alabama fiasco, Letty. The cameras had to turn away from the newscaster this morning because he couldn't control his giggling. Neither could I. Laughing

And here are today's celebs:

Robert Preston always made me smile, even when he played a bad guy. He had that certain twinkle in his eyes.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000F14B.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpghttp://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/allposters/mmph/250420_rt.jpg
http://www.polarblairsden.com/danawynter01.jpghttp://www.nndb.com/people/106/000100803/james-darren-1-sized.jpg
http://www.gregsgrooves.com/imagess-z/sinatranancy_boots.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 10:08 am
Well, there's our pup. Hey, Raggedy. Sometimes politicians make us laugh, but mostly they make us angry, right?

Great faces today, PA.

We're looking at Robert, Alexis, Dana, James, and Nancy. Can't recall Dana and James, however.

Incidentally, folks, my face on the barroom floor was the wrong gender.

Well, I just found out that James did some good ones, but I think I will play this one, listeners.

There she goes, Her Royal Majesty
She's the queen that broke my heart
I put her up upon a throne
And now she's left me all alone and cryin'

There she goes, Her Royal Majesty
Wearin' my heart for a crown
Oh let me tell you, everybody
How she made a fool of me
Her Royal Majesty

Now wouldja believe she acted oh, so sweet
Until she just had me kneelin' at her feet?
She got me to eat right from her little hand
Her smallest wish was my command

Well, there she goes, Her Royal Majesty
Marching off with someone new
Well, I believed she really loved me but now at last I see
I was the King Of Fools to Her Royal Majesty

Well, I believed she really loved me but now at last I see
I was the King Of Fools to Her Royal, Her Royal Majesty
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 11:40 am
for the past few days the wind has been horrific, me and the lady Diane just sit and hope the wind dies down;

Keeping it together is harder than picking up the pieces
Your game becomes better
When your house of cards is blown down by the wind
No one is safe from a broken heart and a handful of ashes
So I'm gonna take my chances
And throw them to the wind
You can recognize the heroes
From the lines on their face
Time is an impartial judge
That wastes itself for no one's stolen grace
No one is safe from a broken heart and a handful of ashes
So I'm gonna take my chances
And throw them to the wind
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 12:20 pm
dys, that is a lovely song, and I found this one for you and Diane.

Seals and Crofts

See the curtains hanging in the window
In the evening on a Friday night
A little light shining through the window
Lets me know that everything's all right

Summer breeze, makes me feel fine
Blowing through my mind
Blowing through my mind, making me feel all right
Making me feel, making me feel fine
Make me feel right
Blowing through the jasmine in my mind

See the paper laying on the sidewalk
A little music from the house next door; who lives next door?
So I walk on up to the doorstep
Through the screen and then across the floor

Blowing through my mind, love
Blowing, yeah, you're making me all right
Make me feel right
Blowing through the jasmine in my mind... in my mind

Sweet days of summer, the jasmine's in bloom
"June" is dressed up and playing her tune
When I come home from a hard day's work
And you're waiting waiting waiting waiting there, yes you're waiting there
Without a care in the world

I see the smile a-waiting in the kitchen
Food a-cooking and a-plates a-there for two
You, I feel the arms that reach out to hold me
In the evening when the day is through

Blowing through my mind
Blowing through my, making me feel all right
Make me feel right
Blowing through the jasmine in my mind

Blowing blowing (x4)
Blowing through the jasmine in my, blowing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 03:00 pm
Honky Tonkin

When you are sad and lonely and ain't no place to go
Come to see me baby and bring along some dough

And we'll go honky tonkin, honky tonkin
Honky tonkin, honey baby
We'll go honky tonkin round the town

---- Instrumental Intelrude ----

When you and your baby have a falling out
Call me up sweet papa and we'll go steppin out

Honky tonkin, honey, baby

Well, I'm going to the city to the city fair
If you go to the city baby you will find me there

Honky tonkin, honey, baby

When you and your baby have a falling out
Call me up sweet papa and we'll go steppin out

Rose Maddox
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 03:26 pm
You know, edgar, I think I have heard that one, Texas, but can't be certain.

Sang this on TV once with our country friend.

If you've got the money, I've got the time
We'll go honky tonkin' and we'll have a time
We'll make all the night spots, dance, drink beer and dine
If you've got the money, honey, I've got the time.

There ain't no use to tarry so let's start out tonight
We'll spread joy, oh boy, oh boy, and we'll spread it right
We'll have more fun, baby, all way down the line

Bring along you cadillac, leave my old wreck behind

--- Instrumental ---

Yes, we'll go honky tonkin' make every club in town
We'll go to the park when it's dark, we won't fool around
But if you run short of money, well, I'll run short of time
'Cause you with no more money, honey, I've no more time.

Bring along you cadillac, leave my old wreck behind
If you've got the money, honey, I've got the time...
0 Replies