WA2K Radio is now on the air

djjd62

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 07:36 pm
I'll Slow You Down
Warren Zevon

You know I hate it when you stick your hand inside my head
And switch all my priorities around
Why don't you go pick on someone your own size instead?
Go on without me, I'll just slow you down

You always say you know me somehow I don't think you do
Maybe you should buy another vowel
You're jumping to conclusions so I can't keep up with you

I'll just hold you up
When I fall behind
I'll just throw your schedule off
So you get going if you're so inclined

You know I hate it when you stick your hand inside my head
And switch all my priorities around
You think you're pretty tricky but you're simply overbred
Go on
Go on
Go on
Go on
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 09:37 pm
Hi too all. It's been too long and when I was thinking of posting again, there was the news of Timber's passing.

Djjd, your poem really made the tears come down. I have to leave it here for others to enjoy.

The Parting Glass
Traditional

Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company;
And all the harm I've ever done, alas was done to none but me;
And all I've done for want of wit, to memory now I can't recall,
So fill me to the parting glass, goodnight and joy be with you all.

Of all the comrades e'er I had, they're sorry for my going away,
And all the sweethearts e'er I had , they wish me one more day to stay,
But since it falls unto my lot that I should go and you should not,
I'll gently rise and softly call, goodnight and joy be with you all.

If I had money enough to spend and leisure time to sit awhile,
There is a fair maid in this town who sorely has my heart beguiled.
Her rosy cheeks and ruby lips, I own she has my heart in thrall,
So fill me to the parting glass, goodnight and joy be with you all.

Love to all, Diane.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 10:55 pm
Good evening, or perhaps good morning. I drift through here periodically.

Twice in the last month when I have left my store and headed home, I have heard, on a local acoustic music station, Bruce Springteen doing a song called "Erie Canal." It is, I gather, an old song.
I am not into pop music much. I guess what got my attention was how gruff; how old Springsteen can make his voice become as he sings:

"I've got a mule and her name is Sal
Fifteen miles on the Erie Canal
She's a good worker and a good old pal
Fifteen miles on the Erie Canal."

The chorus line seems to be:

"Low bridge, ev'rybody down
Low bridge, we're coming to a town."

Has that song been played on WA2K before?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 05:17 am
Good morning, WA2K listeners and contributors.

Good to see Diane back with us and a big thanks to her for reminding us of our dj's lovely poem for Timber. Thanks gal.

It is amazing to me how that Canada guy can come up with so many genres of melodies. Thanks Canada.

Well, my goodness, here is our Virginia John with a mule song. Hey, buddy, don't recall that having been played before on our cyber radio. According to my daughter, it snowed in Virginia, and it is a cool 45 degrees here in my little corner of the world.

Our good morning song, folks.

Dear one,
The world is waiting for the sunrise;
Every rose is heavy with dew.
The thrush on high,
His sleepy mate is calling
And my heart is calling you!
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 06:56 am
Robert Donat
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Birth name Friedrich Robert Donath
Born March 18, 1905
Withington, Manchester, England
Died June 9, 1958
London, England
Academy Awards

Best Actor
1939 Goodbye, Mr. Chips

Friedrich Robert Donath (March 18, 1905 - June 9, 1958), better known by his stage name Robert Donat, was a distinguished English film and stage actor of English, Polish and German descent. He was born in Withington, Manchester and died in London, England.

Donat made his first stage appearance in 1921 and his film debut in 1932 in Men of Tomorrow. His first great screen success came with The Private Life of Henry VIII (playing Thomas Culpepper), under the renowned film director and producer Alexander Korda. He had a successful screen image as an English gentleman who was neither haughty nor common. That made him something of a novelty in British films at the time, and he was likened by critics to Hollywood's Clark Gable and Gary Cooper. His most successful films included The Ghost Goes West (1935), Hitchcock's The 39 Steps (1935) and Goodbye, Mr. Chips (1939). For the latter, he won the Academy Award for Best Actor, beating Gable, who had been nominated for his role as Rhett Butler in Gone with the Wind.

However, he suffered from ill-health (chronic asthma) which blighted his career and limited him to nineteen films. His final role, as the mandarin of "Yang Cheng" in The Inn of the Sixth Happiness (1958) is memorable because it is apparent that he knew that he was close to death. He died of an asthma attack on June 9 of that year at age 53.

Donat was twice married, first to Ella Annesley Voysey (1929-1946), by whom he had 3 children, and subsequently to British actress Renée Asherson (1953-1958).
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 06:59 am
Smiley Burnette

Lester Alvin (Smiley) Burnette (born March 18, 1911 - February 16, 1967) was an American singer and songwriter who could play as many as 100 different musical instruments as well as a highly successful comedic actor in western-style films. He was born in Summum, Illinois.

Burnette began singing in childhood and learned to play a variety of instruments while still a boy. In his teens, he worked on a local radio station and on stage doing vaudeville. His big break came when he was hired to perform on the "National Barn Dance" on Chicago's WLS radio station where the young singer Gene Autry was the show's major star.

At a time when Hollywood was searching for talent for western films, Burnette and Autry got their first small role in the 1934 Ken Maynard Republic Pictures film, In Old Santa Fe. Burnette appeared in several bit parts until the following year's release of the Rin Tin Tin hit film, The Adventures of Rex and Rinty in which he had a secondary but more prominent role. By then, the handsome Gene Autry was already being cast in a lead role and the rotund Burnette would team up with him as a loveable comedy sidekick named "Frog Millhouse" (or plain "Frog" and sometimes as "Smiley"). Their association would produce more than 60 feature length musical western films.

The huge popularity of Burnette's "Frog Millhouse" character, with his trademark his floppy black hat, was such that when Autry left for World War II service he did sidekicks duties with Eddie Dew, Sunset Carson and Bob Livingston, and he even appeared in nine other films next to another cowboy star, Roy Rogers. After leaving Republic Pictures in 1944, Burnette became the sidekick to Charles Starrett at Columbia Pictures in the long Durango Kid series Starrett starred in from late-1944 until 1952, and that pairing resulted in more than 50 films. After the Starrett series was over, Burnette teamed with Autry for his final six films, all of which were released by Columbia Pictures in 1953.

During all this time working in film, Burnette also wrote over 400 songs and sang a significant number of them on screen. His compositions have been recorded by numerous popular singers including such diverse ones as Bing Crosby and Ferlin Husky. He made guest appearances on country music shows such as the Louisiana Hayride, the Grand Ole Opry and the Ozark Jubilee, and also produced his own 15 minute radio show "The Smiley Burnette Show" in the 1940s through his RadiOzark productions. In 1971, he was inducted posthumously into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame.

When the cowboy film genre waned, Burnette was able to retire but entertained occasionally at rodeo events for children and in the mid-1960s he made several appearances on the popular television series Petticoat Junction and Green Acres as railway engineer "Charley Pratt."

Burnette died in Encino, California from leukemia, at age 55, and was interred in the Forest Lawn Memorial Park at Hollywood Hills in Los Angeles, California.

For his contribution to the motion picture industry, Smiley Burnette has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6125 Hollywood Blvd.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 07:02 am
Peter Graves

Peter Aurness (born March 18, 1926 [1]), better known as Peter Graves, is an American actor. He is best known for his starring role in the television series Mission: Impossible from 1967 to 1973 (and again from 1988 to 1990). He won a Golden Globe award in 1971 for his role as Jim Phelps in the series. He also received nominations for Emmy awards and Golden Globe awards in other seasons.

Graves was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, to Rolf Cirkler Aurness and Ruth Duesler, descendants of German, Norwegian and English immigrants; his brother is actor James Arness (Gunsmoke). Graves attended Southwest High School (Minneapolis, Minnesota), class of 1944, and the University of Minnesota, where he was a member of Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity.

Graves has made more than 70 screen and TV films and series. He is especially well known for the following roles:

The rancher and single father to child actor Bobby Diamond on the Saturday morning TV series during mid-50s, FURY, a horse and the boy who loved him.
Price, the German spy planted among the POW's held in Stalag 17.
Captain Clarence Oveur in Airplane! and Airplane II: The Sequel.
Colonel John Camden on the WB's 7th Heaven.
During the 1990s, he hosted the documentary series Biography on A&E. He also acted in a number of films featured on Mystery Science Theater 3000, which subsequently featured running jokes about Graves' Biography work and presumed sibling rivalry with Arness.

Graves has been married to Joan Endress since 1950. They have three daughters, Kelly, Claudia and Amanda.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 07:08 am
Irene Cara

Born: March 18, 1959 (age 48)
Bronx, New York

Irene Cara (born Irene Escalera on March 18, 1959[1] in The Bronx, New York City) is an American singer, Academy Award-winning songwriter and actress of African, Cuban and Puerto Rican descent.

Cara won an Academy Award in 1984 in the category of Best Original Song for co-writing Flashdance...What a Feeling. She is best known for her recordings of the songs Fame and Flashdance... What a Feeling. She also starred in the 1980 film version of Fame.

Personal

Her father Gaspar (died in 1994) is an Afro-Puerto Rican. Her mother Louise Escalera is of French and Cuban descent. She has 2 sisters and 2 brothers.

Married Hollywood stuntman Conrad Palmisano [2] in 1986. They divorced in 1991.

Age Confusion

Her age has always been a confusing mystery by biographers who stated her birth year as either 1954, 1959 or 1964 from the day she shot to fame. In July 2004, the Associated Press claimed to have found her voter registration record in Florida, where she lives. However, Ms. Cara has never voted or registered to do so in Florida.[citation needed]

Early Life

Irene first captivated the audiences of her family sometime after her fifth birthday when she began to play the piano by ear. Irene soon moved into serious studies of music, acting, and dance. Her career started on Spanish-language television as a child, professionally singing and dancing. By age 8, Cara recorded a Latin-market Spanish-language record; an English Christmas album soon followed.

Music and Acting Career

From there, Cara appeared in on- and off-Broadway theatrical shows including the musical The Me Nobody Knows (which won an Obie award), Maggie Flynn opposite Shirley Jones and Jack Cassidy, and Via Galactica with Raul Julia.

She first achieved national exposure as a pre-teen, in the educational series The Electric Company, playing a member of the band The Short Circus. The series also featured Bill Cosby, Rita Moreno, Morgan Freeman, Mel Brooks, Joan Rivers and Gene Wilder.

Next came her role as Angela in romance thriller classic Aaron Loves Angela, followed by her portrayal of the title character in Sparkle.

Television brought Irene international acclaim for serious dramatic roles in two outstanding mini series, Roots: The Next Generations, the critically acclaimed adaptation of Alex Haley's moving novel and Guyanna Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones.

In the 1980s box office smash movie Fame, catapulted Irene to stardom. As Coco Hernandez she sang both the title song Fame and the film's second hit single Out Here On My Own. This made the movie soundtrack be a multi-platinum album that topped the charts. Further history was made when at the Academy Awards that year; for the first time two songs from one film were nominated in the same category: Fame and Out Here On My Own. Cara had the opportunity to be one of the few singers to perform more than one song at the Oscar ceremony. (Note: Robert Goulet, who sang all the Oscar-nominated songs in 1963, is among several singers who had done so in the past.) Fame, written by Michael Gore and Dean Pitchford, won the award that year.

The motion picture film, Fame earned Irene Grammy nominations in 1980 for Best New Female Artist and Best New Pop Artist, as well as a Golden Globe nomination for Best Motion Picture Actress in a Musical. Billboard Magazine named Irene Top New Single Artist, while Cashbox Magazine awarded her both Most Promising Female Vocalist and Top Female Vocalist.

In 1982, Irene earned the Image Award for Best Actress when she co-starred with Diahann Carroll and Rosalind Cash in the NBC Movie of the Week, Maya Angelou's Sister, Sister. Irene portrayed Myrlie Evers-Williams in the PBS TV movie about Civil Rights Leader Medgar Evers, For Us the Living: The Medgar Evers Story; and earned an NAACP Image Award Best Actress nomination. She also was in 1982's Killing 'em Softly.

In 1983, Cara appeared prominently as herself in the film D.C. Cab, about a group of Cabbies, starring Mr T. As an in-joke, one of the characters, an obsessed Irene Cara fan, decorated his Checker Cab as a shrine to her.

In 1983, Irene's title song for the movie Flashdance Flashdance...What A Feeling, which she co-wrote with Giorgio Moroder and Keith Forsey won her numerous awards. She won the 1983 Academy Award for Best Song(Oscar); 1984 Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, 1984 Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song, Top Female Vocalist-Pop Singles, Black Contemporary Female Vocalist-Pop Singles, Top Pop Crossover Artist-Black Contemporary Singles, Pop Single of the Year, American Music Awards for Best R&B Female Artist and Best Pop Single of the Year.

In 1984, she was in City Heat and in 1985 she was in Certain Fury and in 1986 she was in Busted Up. She provided the voice of Snow White in the unofficial sequel to Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in Filmation's Happily Ever After in 1993.

Her Music Releases

Along with her successful career in acting and several hit singles, Cara released three albums thus far. Those albums are Anyone Can See in 1982, What A Feelin' in 1983 and Carasmatic in 1987. She also released a compilation of Eurodance singles in the mid to late 90's entitled Precarious 90's. Cara recently contributed a new dance single, titled, Forever My Love to the compilation album entitled, Gay Happening Vol. 12 in 2006.

Currently

In June 2005, Irene won the third round of NBC television series Hit Me Baby One More Time, performing "Flashdance (What a Feeling)" and covered Anastacia's hit "I'm Outta Love" with her current band, Hot Caramel.

At the 2006 AFL Grand Final in Melbourne, Cara performed "Flashdance (What a Feeling)" as an opener to the pre-match entertainment.

She lives in Florida and continues work in preparation for her band Hot Caramel's album.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 07:13 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 07:17 am
Newly Issued Alcohol Warnings!

The Toronto Board of Health has proposed that warnings be placed on all alcohol bottles to tip off drinkers about the possible peril of drinking alcoholic beverages:

WARNING: consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering WHEN YOU ARE NOT.

WARNING: consumption of alcohol may lead you to believing that ex-lovers are really dying for you to telephone them at 4 in the morning.

WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may cause you to wake up with breath that could knock a buzzard off a wreaking dead animal from one hundred yards away.

WARNING: consumption of alcohol is a major factor in dancing like a wanker.

WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may cause you to tell the same boring story over and over again until your friends want to bash you!

WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may cause you to thay shings like thish.

WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may cause you to tell the boss what you really think of him.

WARNING: Consumption of alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug burn on the forehead.

WARNING: consumption of alcohol may leave you wondering what the hell happened to your trousers.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may leave you wondering what happened to your bra.

WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, handsomer and smarter than some really, really big guy named Psycho Bob.

WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may cause pregnancy
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 07:22 am
Warning: The hawk will make you smile whether you want to or not. Love it, Bob, and thanks for the great bio's, buddy.

Until our dear pup arrives, here is a song from Irene Cara.

First when there's nothing
but a slow glowing dream
that your fear seems to hide
deep inside your mind.

All alone I have cried
silent tears full of pride
in a world made of steel,
made of stone.

Well, I hear the music,
close my eyes, feel the rhythm,
wrap around, take a hold
of my heart.

What a feeling.
Bein's believin'.
I can have it all, now I'm dancing for my life.
Take your passion
and make it happen.
Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life.

Now I hear the music,
close my eyes, I am rhythm.
In a flash it takes hold
of my heart.

What a feeling.
Bein's believin'.
I can have it all, now I'm dancing for my life.
Take your passion
and make it happen.
Pictures come alive, now I'm dancing through my life.
What a feeling.

What a feeling I AM MUSIC NOW
Bein's believin'. I AM RHYTHM NOW
Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life.
What a feeling. YOU CAN REALLY HAVE IT ALL
What a feeling. PICTURES COME ALIVE WHEN I CALL
I can have it all I CAN REALLY HAVE IT ALL
Have it all PICTURES COME ALIVE WHEN I CALL
CALL CALL CALL CALL WHAT A FEELING
I can have it all BEIN'S BELIEVIN
Bein's believin' TAKE YOUR PASSION
MAKE IT HAPPEN
make it happen WHAT A FEELING
what a feeling BEIN'S BELIEVIN' (fade)
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 07:41 am
Good morning WA2K.
Yes, Bob's got me smiling and I really didn't feel like it this morning. Laughing

And the faces to match:

http://www.ami-autographs.com/images/donat1939sml.jpghttp://www.mousetrax.com/images/Smiley01.jpg
http://mormontabernaclechoir.org/images/artists/regular/30.jpghttp://passion80.free.fr/images/1407.jpghttp://www.sacticket.com/static/movies/news/images/latifah.jpg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 08:53 am
I can see clearly now the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way,
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind.
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) sunshiny day.

I think I can make it now the pain is gone,
And all of the bad feelings have disappeared,
Here is the rainbow I've been praying for.

Look all around, nothing but blue skies.
Look straight ahead, nothing but blue skies.

I can see clearly now the rain is gone.
I can see all obstacles in my way.
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 09:16 am
There's our speckled photographer with a smile. Great photo's as usual, Raggedy.

Well, folks, we are looking at Robert, Smiley,Peter, Irene, and Queen plus some cowboy named dys in the company of Johnny Nash. Razz

Now, all we need is our turtle back and telling.

Well, let's hear one from Queen, folks.

Princes of the Universe

Here we are, born to be kings,
We're the princes of the universe.

Here we belong, fighting to survive
In a world with the darkest powers.

And here we are, we're the princes of the universe
Here we belong, fighting for survival
We've come to be the rulers of your world.

I am immortal, I have inside me blood of kings.
I have no rival, no man can be my equal
Take me to the future of your world.

Born to be kings, princes of the universe
Fighting and free, got your world in my hand
I'm here for your love and I'll make my stand
We were born to be princes of the universe.

No man could understand. My power is in your hand
Ooh, ooh, ooh, people talk about you.
People say you've had your day.
I'm a man that will go far.

Fly the moon and reach for the stars
With my sword and head held high
Got to pass the test first time-yeah
I know that people talk about me. I hear it every day.
But I can prove you wrong 'cause I'm right first time.
Yeah yeah alright watch this man fly, bring on the girls

Here we are. Born to be kings,
We're the princes of the universe.

Here we belong. Born to be kings,
Princes of the universe. Fighting and free
Got the world in my hands
I'm here for your love and I'll make my stand.
We were born to be princes of the universe.

Oops, wrong Queen. Razz
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 09:16 am
Bird On A Wire
Leonard Cohen

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
Like a worm on a hook,
like a knight from some old fashioned book
I have saved all my ribbons for thee.
If I, if I have been unkind,
I hope that you can just let it go by.
If I, if I have been untrue
I hope you know it was never to you.
Like a baby, stillborn,
like a beast with his horn
I have torn everyone who reached out for me.
But I swear by this song
and by all that I have done wrong
I will make it all up to thee.
I saw a beggar leaning on his wooden crutch,
he said to me, "You must not ask for so much."
And a pretty woman leaning in her darkened door,
she cried to me, "Hey, why not ask for more?"
Oh like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 09:32 am
And there's our Texan like a bird on a wire. Great lyrics, edgar, and here's an answer from Tom T.

(Chorus:)
She walks through the corn leadin' down to the river
Her hair shone like gold in the hot mornin' sun
She took all the love that a poor boy could give her
And left me to die like a fox on the run
Like a fox, like a fox, like a fox on the run

Now everybody knows the reason for my fall
A woman tempted me down in paradise hall
This woman tempted me and she took me for a ride
Like a lonely fox, boys, i need a place to hide

(Chorus)

Oh, we'll drink a glass of wine, boys, to purify our soul
We'll talk about the world and the friends we used to know
I see a string of girls who have put me on before
The game is nearly over and the hounds are at the door

(Chorus)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 09:50 am
Jerry Lee Lewis - It All Depends (Who Will Buy The Wine)

The kind of life you're living since you left me
I'm sure is not the life you thought you chose
That honky-tonky world is not so flashy
Bright lights and blues is all it really knows
Long ago, you held a baby's bottle
But the one you're holding now is a different kind
You just sit and wait to be somebody's baby
And it all depends on who will buy the wine

Whoever sets them up and tips the waitress
Your kind of love just might as well be blind
You'll never know whose lips you'll soon be kissing

Whoever sets them up and tips the waitress
Your kind of love just might as well be blind
You'll never know whose lips you'll soon be kissing
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 10:14 am
Well, edgar, here's a look at the other side, Texas.

Willie Nelson

If you've got the money honey I've got the time
we'll go honky tonkin' and we'll have a time
we'll have more fun baby on the way down the line
if you've got the money honey I've got the time

there ain't no need to tary' lets start out tonight
we'll have fun oh boy oh boy and we'll do it right
bring along your cadillac leave my ol' wreck behind
if you've got the money honey I've got the time

We'll go honky tonkin' make every spot in town
We'll go to the park where it's dark and we won't fool around.
if you run short of money I'll run short of time
you got no more money honey I've no more time

If you've got the money honey I've got the time
we'll go honky tonkin' and we'll have a time
bring along your cadillac leave my ol' wreck behind
if you've got the money
honey I've got the tiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmimeee
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 10:24 am
Came in last night at half past ten
That baby of mine wouldnt let me in
So move it on over (move it on over)
Move it on over (move it on over)
Move over little dog cause the big dogs moving in

Shes changed the lock on my front door
My door key dont fit no more
So get it on over (move it on over)
Scoot it on over (move it on over)
Move over skinny dog cause the fat dogs moving in

This dog house here is mighty small
But its better than no house at all
So ease it on over (move it on over)
Drag it on over (move it on over)
Move over old dog cause a new dogs moving in

She told me not to play around
But I done let the deal go down
So pack it on over (move it on over)
Tote it on over (move it on over)
Move over nice dog cause a mad dogs moving in

She warned me once, she warned me twice
But I dont take no ones advice
So scratch it on over (move it on over)
Shake it on over (move it on over)
Move over short dog cause the tall dogs moving in

Shell crawl back to me on her knees
Ill be busy scratching fleas
So slide it on over (move it on over)
Sneak it on over (move it on over)
Move over good dog cause a mad dogs moving in

Remember pup, before you whine
That sides yours and this sides mine
So shove it on over (move it on over)
Sweep it on over (move it on over)
Move over cold dog cause a hot dogs moving in

Hank Williams
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 10:35 am
Hey, folks, it's Hank Day. He did that honky tonk song originally.

Here's another by Hank, but done by number one son:

Settin' the Woods on Fire

Comb your hair and paint and powder you act proud and I'll act prouder
You sing loud and I'll sing louder tonight we're settin' the woods on fire
You're my gal and I'm your feller dress up in my frock and yeller
I'll look swell but you'll look sweller settin' the woods on fire

We'll take in all the honky tonks tonight we're having fun
We'll show the folks a brand new dance that never has been done

I don't care who thinks we're silly you'll be daffy I'll be dilly
We'll order up two bowls of chili settin' the woods on fire

I'll gas up my hot rod stoker we'll get hotter than a poker
You'll be broke but I'll be broker tonight we're settin' the woods on fire