Saturday I go out to play.
Sunday I go to church,
Gonna kneel down and pray.

Lord have mercy,
Lord have mercy on me.
Lord have mercy,
Lord have mercy on me.
Though Im tryin and tryin to find my baby,
Wont someone please send her home to me.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 09:49 am
Lord have mercy, cowboy. The eagle flies on Friday, and I guess that means pay day.

LOU REED

Ladies Pay
(From the album "ROCK AND ROLL HEART")

All the sailors they're all home from leave
And everybody's waiting for them to try to deceive
The storekeepers have drawn their lace curtains bare
And all the women and the wee young girls all waiting there

Oh, but how the ladies pay
Oh, if they only knew how the ladies pay
Yeah now, how the ladies pay
Oh, when the men they've gone away

Nobody is standing on upon the door
And nobody is feeding any of the poor
The poor sick soldier lies in bed beside his girl
Thinking of another place on the other side of the world
ah

How the ladies pay
Oh-oh, oh, how the ladies pay
When the men they've gone away
Oh, I wish I knew how the ladies pay

Day and night, night and day
how the ladies pay
how the ladies pay
Day and night
night and day
Day and night
day and night, night and day, ladies pay now

Night and day, day and night
how the ladies pay
how the ladies pay
Day and night now
night and day and now
How the pay now
oh, how the pay now

Ladies pay, ladies pay
ah, ladies pay the way now
Ladies pay, ah, ladies pay
ah, ladies pay
Night and day, night and day, night and day
oh, how the ladies pay
Oh, night and day, night and day, night and day
oh, how the ladies pay
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 04:20 pm
How about a Happy 57th Birthday wish to Jeff Bridges and 32nd to Marisa Tomei. Smile

http://img.pathfinder.gr/CMAN/i/90/I0/108965-264090.jpghttp://movie-cast.com/marisa_tomei.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 04:47 pm
Well, There's our Raggedy in the company of two great celebs. Wondered where you were, gal. Thought perhaps you and the hawk had flown off somewhere.

Ah, folks. We're looking at Jeff and Marisa.

Didn't Marisa star in a movie with Christain Slater? Ah, yes. Now I remember, it was The Untamed Heart. Poor, poor Christain Slater.

Well, since we have no particular songs to fit our celebs. Let's go with a poem for edgar, because he likes William Carlos Williams:

The Red Wheelbarrow:

so much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens.

Love that, folks, because of its compression and simplicity.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 05:40 pm
good evening , listeners !
care to listen to something a little different ?
about bertold brecht's "alabama song" .
while i don't find the text very fetching , i do enjoy listening to the song .
i like the tune , the music , more than the text .
hbg

Alabama Song
-----------------
Show me the way to the next whisky bar
Oh, don't ask why, oh, don't ask why
Show me the way to the next whisky bar
For if we don't find the next whisky bar
I tell you we must die
I tell you we must die
I tell you
I tell you
I tell you we must die

Oh, moon of Alabama
We now must say say good-bye
We've lost our good old mamma
And must have whisky
Oh, you know why.

Show me the way to the next pretty girl
Show me the way to the next pretty girl
Oh don't ask why, oh, don't ask why
For if we don't find the next pretty girl
I tell you we must die
I tell you we must die
I tell you
I tell you
I tell you we must die

Oh, moon of Alabama
We now must say good-bye
And must have a girl
Oh, you know why.

Show me the way to the next little dollar
Show me the way to the next little dollar
For if we don't find the next little dollar
I tell you we must die
I tell you we must die
I tell you
I tell you
I tell you we must die

Oh, moon of Alabama
We now must say good-bye
And must have dollars
Oh, you know why.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 06:01 pm
Ah, hamburger. It must be the moon. I do wish you could see it over my ocean tonight. No one can say it in words; it just must be held in thought.

This isn't one of my favorites either, Canada, but I am thinking of how that silver satellite makes the Christmas lights pale.

By Saint:

The sound of waves
The moon above
A light breeze
Relaxing melodies

Water so clear
Shadows swim in the night
As the flicker of lights
Cause the ocean to sparkle

A better tomorrow
On the horizon
As the darkness becomes
A crystal clear night

Black stallions to the east
Brush together in harnony
While others to the west
Race the white sands

A vision of perfection
A memory of a lifetime
A beautiful world
Underneath the brightests stars

The ocean so blue
As the moonlight reflects
Together as one
Our own, Ocean Moonlight.

There's another that I cannot recall, folks. It goes something like.....

Where are you,
Beautiful moonlight madonna,
Like the dew,
You're gone with the dawn,
Madonna, madonna.

I think that may be from a classical melody.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 10:03 am
Good morning, WA2K listeners?

Are we still on the air?

Looking around our forum I realize that there is a modicum of happiness and a soupcon of discontent. I suppose, folks, that's to be expectec.

For some reason, this song came to mind while searching the web:

Freight Train
(From the album "IN THE WIND")

Chorus:
Freight train freight train goin' so fast
Freight train freight train goin' so fast
Please don't tell what train I'm on
So they won't know where I've gone.

Freight train, freight train, comin' round the bend
Freight train, freight train, gone again
One of these days turn that train around
Go back to my hometown.

(Chorus)

One more place I'd like to be
One more place I'd love to see
To watch those old Blue Ridge Mountains climb
As I ride ol' Number Nine.

(Chorus)

When I die please bury me deep
Down at the end of Bleecker Street
So I can hear ol' Number Nine
As she goes rollin' by.

(Chorus)
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 10:14 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 10:24 am
Little Richard
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Background information

Birth name Richard Wayne Penniman

Born December 5, 1932
Origin Macon, Georgia, USA

Little Richard (born Richard Wayne Penniman, December 5, 1932 in Macon, Georgia) is an American singer, songwriter, and pianist. An early pioneer of rock 'n' roll, Penniman has influenced generations of rhythm and blues and rock music artists. His original injection of funk into the rock and roll beat in the mid-1950s also had a profound influence on the development of the genre.

His early recording career in the 1950s established his reputation with a mix of boogie-woogie music and rhythm and blues, heavily steeped in gospel music, but with a heavily accentuated back-beat, funky rhythm, raspy-shouted vocals, and breathlessly delivered lyrics that marked a decidedly new kind of music.

Little Richard has been credited by James Brown, who called Little Richard his idol, with, "first putting the funk in the rock and roll beat", by Smokey Robinson as, "the start of that driving, funky, never let up rock 'n' roll", by Dick Clark as "the model for almost every rock and roll performer of the '50s and years thereafter", and Ray Charles, in 1989, as "the man that started a kind of music that set the pace for a lot of what's happening today."

Biography

One of twelve children, Penniman grew up in a Seventh-day Adventist family, but he mostly attended the New Hope Baptist Church in Macon, Georgia (Turner, Hungry for Heaven, p. 19). He also attended Holiness/Pentecostal churches of the U.S. South, where he learned Gospel music. He learned to play the piano and tried to sing gospel music, but he was rejected from some churches for screaming the hymns.

In 1952, Penniman's father (a moonshine-selling preacher) was murdered. After this, he returned to Macon and performed blues music at the "Tick Tock Club" in the evening, whilst also washing dishes at the cafeteria of a Greyhound Lines bus station during the day.

Richard Penniman was inspired by famous black gospel music singers of the 1930s and 1940s. Nearly all of his dramatic phrasing and swift vocal turns are derived from gospel artists, such as; Sister Rosetta Tharpe, whom he referred to as his favourite singer when he was a child (she invited him to sing a song with her onstage in 1944, after she heard him sing her hit "Strange Things Happening Everyday"), Marion Williams (from whom he got the "whoooo" in his vocal), Mahalia Jackson, and Brother Joe May. He was also influenced by late 1940s jump blues shouter Billy Wright and rhythm and blues star, Ruth Brown, from whom he once said that he borrowed his trademark whoop ("Lucille- uh").

Penniman's hard-driving piano rhythms came from two places. The late piano player, Esquerita (Eskew Reeder Jr.) who showed Penniman how to go high on treble without compromising bass. Penniman met Esquerita when he traveled through Macon with a preacher named Sister Rosa. Penniman credits his technical force to East St. Louis, Ill., gospel singer Brother Joe May, who was called "the Thunderbolt of the Middle West". Penniman explained, "I used to get in a room and try to make my piano sound just like him. He had so much energy." May generated energy by moving from a subtle whisper to a thunderous tenor and back in a four-bar phrase.

He learned to mix ministerial qualities with theatrics by watching the traveling medicine shows that rolled through his native Macon. Colorful medicine men would wear lavish capes, robes and turbans, all of which left an impression on Penniman.

Early career

Little Richard had begun recording songs for the Peacock Records label between 1951 and 1954, including "Little Richard's Boogie". These records sold poorly and Penniman had little success until he sent a demo tape to Specialty Records on February 17, 1955, where it fell into the hands of Robert Bumps Blackwell.[citation needed]

Blackwell arranged for a recording session in New Orleans, when, during a break, Little Richard began singing an impromptu recital of "Tutti Frutti", in his trademark raspy, shouted vocal style, while pounding out a boogie-woogie based rhythm on the piano. Blackwell had a good ear for a hit, and was blown away by what he heard, so he had Little Richard record it. However, in order to make it commercially acceptable, he had the lyrics changed from "tutti-frutti, good booty" to "tutti frutti, aw rooty."[1]

The song, with its introductory "Wop-bop-a-loo-mop-a-whop-bam-boom!", became the model for many subsequent Little Richard songs, with its driving piano, saxophone solo (by Lee Allen) and its unrelenting beat. In the next few years, Richard had several more hits, including; "Long Tall Sally", "Slippin' and Slidin'", "Jenny, Jenny" and "Good Golly, Miss Molly". His frantic performing style can be seen in such period films as Don't Knock the Rock (1956) and The Girl Can't Help It (also 1956), for which he sang the title song, written by Bobby Troup.

However, neither Little Richard's raucous style nor his skin color were acceptable to many U.S. radio stations. In the commercial fashion of the day, several of his early hits were re-recorded in tamer fashion by white artists. Little Richard's first national success, Tutti Frutti, was covered by Pat Boone, whose version outdid the source record, #12 to #17. Boone also released a version of Long Tall Sally, with slightly bowdlerized lyrics. But this time, the Little Richard original outperformed it on the Billboard charts, #6 to #8. Bill Haley tackled Little Richard's third major hit, Rip It Up, but again, Little Richard prevailed. With the record-buying public's preference established, Little Richard's succeeding releases did not face the same chart competition.

Despite the raw sound of his music, the singles were carefully arranged, as documented on the three-volume album The Specialty Sessions, which include many false starts and variations.

Gospel years

Little Richard quit the music business suddenly in 1957 (see 1957 in music), while on tour in Australia He became a born again Christian and then enrolled in Oakwood College in Huntsville, Alabama and became a Seventh-day Adventist minister. Little Richard is an ordained minister in the Adventist church and has never had his credentials rescended. While Specialty Records released a few new songs based on past sessions, Richard recorded only gospel music in the late-1950s and early-1960s.He performed Gospel material on the Gospel circuit with artists who inspired him, such as Sister Rosetta Tharpe, and won the praises of Mahalia Jackson for his Gospel recordings. During this time, he did not perform his early rock hits, resenting his early rock 'n' roll roots.

In 1962, Penniman returned to performing rock music with an enthusiastically received tour of Europe. During that year, his opening act was a then-unknown band called The Beatles. The next year, his opening band was a then unknown Rolling Stones. Little Richard then introduced an unknown artist by the name of Maurice James as part of his band. James, who became known as Jimi Hendrix, said in 1966, "I want to do with my guitar what Little Richard does with his voice.".[2]

Little Richard largely ignored his calling to the ministry from the early 1960s through 1977. He returned to the ministry in the area of evangelism and recorded more gospel music, when Charles White's critically acclaimed 1984 biography The Life and Times of Little Richard brought Richard back into the public eye.[2] Mick Jagger proclaimed on the cover, "Little Richard is King."

As detailed in White's biography (2003 revision, pg. 221)[2], Richard's dilemma - whether to be a minister or to sing rock 'n roll - came to a head again while recording the soundtrack to the 1985 hit movie Down and Out in Beverly Hills, so he enrolled his old friend Billy Preston to help him write a song with spiritual lyrics that would sound like rock 'n' roll. The result was a song called "Great God A'Mighty", which he changed to "It's A Matter of Time", reflecting the conflict in his mind. He once said, "I believe that there is good and bad in everything. I believe some rock 'n' roll music is really bad, but I believe there is some not as bad. I believe if the message is positive and elevating, and wholesome and uplifting, this makes you think clearly. If it's not then it is not good even in Gospel." The song became his first hit in over a decade and became part of a Little Richard "messages in rhythm" album entitled Lifetime Friend released by WEA in 1986. Little Richard called his new music "message music", stating, "my mother died not long ago and it was only a few months before she died that she made me promise that I'd stay with the Lord. I have contentment and peace of mind, which is more important than anything. I am going to stay with God and just travel around.".[2]

Awards

In the 1980s, Little Richard began receiving recognition for his pioneering contribution to modern music. In 1986, when the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame opened, Little Richard was among the first group of inductees. He then received a honorary Lifetime Achievement Grammy Award in 1993 from the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. In 1994, he received the Pioneer Lifetime Achievement Award from the Rhythm and Blues Foundation. In 1997, he received the American Music Award of Merit. In 2002, Little Richard, along with Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry, were awarded the first BMI Icon Award as founding fathers of rock music. In 2003, he was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

Recent Career Highlights

Little Richard has been a popular guest on television, in music videos, commercials and movies. He has also remained in high demand as a recording artist, continuing to contribute recordings to movie soundtracks (ex. Twins, Casper the Friendly Ghost, Why Do Fools Fall in Love) and tribute albums, such as Folkways: A Vision Shared ("The Rock Island Line") (1989) and Kindred Spirits: A Tribute to Johnny Cash ("Get Rhythm") (2002), along with duets with Jon Bon Jovi, Elton John, Tanya Tucker, and Solomon Burke. He also sang background vocals on the U2 / BB King hit song "When Love Comes To Town." In September 2006, a Jerry Lee Lewis album "Last Man Standing" featured a new duet of Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard covering the Beatles "I Saw Her Standing There."

Little Richard has tour dates booked well into 2007.

Sexuality

Little Richard explains in his own words his experiences with homosexuality and subsequent conversion to born-again Christianity in Charles White's authorized biography.[2]

Trivia

Little Richard has used his status as a Minister of the Gospel to occasionally perform celebrity weddings, most notably those of Cyndi Lauper, Bruce Willis and Demi Moore and Bruce Springsteen.
In 1994, Little Richard provided the voice of a parody character of himself in Food Rocks, a now closed Epcot attraction at Disney World. Little Richard voiced a pineapple named Richard.
Also in 1994, Little Richard performed "America the Beautiful" at the beginning of World Wrestling Federation's 10th annual WrestleMania event at Madison Square Garden.
In January 1995 Little Richard appeared at the American Music Awards. He performed "Tutti Fruitti", backed by the rock band The Go-Go's.
In the early to mid '90s, Little Richard performed several songs for children's PBS programs. He sang a rendition of "Rubber Ducky" on Sesame Street and also sang the theme song for The Magic School Bus.
In 2000, a made-for-TV biopic, Little Richard, was televised, starring Leon Robinson in the title role. Leon was nominated for an Emmy Award for his performance.
In 2005, Little Richard appeared, along with Madonna, Iggy Pop, Bootsy Collins, and The Roots' ?uestlove in an American TV commercial for the Motorola ROKR phone.
In January 2006, Penniman gave the eulogy and preached briefly at Wilson Pickett's funeral.
In the summer of 2006, Little Richard appeared in a humorous, hit commercial for GEICO automobile insurance.
On September 11, 2006, Little Richard was part of an all-star band (including Rick Nielsen, Joe Perry, Bootsy Collins, ?uestlove, and Charlie Daniels) assembled by Steve Van Zandt to back Hank Williams Jr. on a new version of "All My Rowdy Friends (Are Coming Over Tonight)" for the season premiere (and ESPN debut) of Monday Night Football.
In August 2006, Little Richard was signed as one of three celebrity judges in British music mogul Simon Cowell's new FOX television show Celebrity Duets, which aired in September and October 2006.
Most recently, Little Richard joined other R&B and Soul greats and contemporaries on a charity single, written and produced by Michael Jackson, titled, "From the Bottom of My Heart". Proceeds from the single, set for a Christmas 2006 release, will go to victims of Hurricane Katrina.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 10:33 am
Morgan J. Freeman
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Morgan J. Freeman (born December 5, 1969 in Long Beach, California) is an American film director. He most notably directed the TV series Dawson's Creek and the movies Hurricane Streets, American Psycho 2 and Desert Blue.

Freeman achieved a bachelor degree in Film Studies at the University of California, Santa Barbara, master degree at NYU Film School and studied film theory at the Sorbonne in Paris.

His first feature film, Hurricane Streets, won the Audience, Best Director, and Best Cinematography Awards at the Sundance Film Festival in 1997. Hurricane Streets was the first film to garner 3 awards at the Sundance Film Festival.

Born and raised in Long Beach, California, Morgan caught the filmmaking bug at 13 when his father brought home a VHS camera. Weekends were spent with neighborhood friends shooting and editing everything from "Saturday Night Live" spoofs, complete with musical guests, mock "Miami Vice" episodes with elaborate car chase and rooftop shoot-outs that ended in the confiscation of millions in flour kilos.

Morgan's "hobby" grew quickly and was soon his major at the University of California, Santa Barbara, where having already completed two short 16MM films he received his BA in Film Studies in June 1992, At UCSB, Morgan also worked in numerous editorial positions at the campus' daily newspaper, The Daily Nexus. In 1992 his on-the-scene coverage of the Los Angeles Riots won several collegiate awards, including first place for Best News Story at the National Columbia Scholastic Press Awards, and third place for Best News Story at the California Intercollegiate Press Awards (CIPA).

After UCSB, Morgan's film "Godard Disait Que…" which was purchased by the prestigious Videoteque de Paris. He also worked as a production assistant for Why Not Productions, home to such budding French stars as Chiara Mastrionni, Melvil Poupoud and Elodie Bouchez.

The Fall of 1993, Morgan was accepted into New York Universities Graduate Film Program, where he earned his M.F.A. During the summer of 1994, Morgan landed an internship at a small production company where he met Todd Solondz, an ambitious, eccentric writer/director who was struggling to get his feature "Welcome to the Dollhouse" off the ground. The film found financing and Morgan quickly climbed from office intern to 2nd Assistant Director. Two years later, "Dollhouse" won the 1996 Sundance Grand Jury Prize. During the three-month shoot, Morgan became close friends with actor Brendan Sexton III, a "Dollhouse" co-star who went on to play the leading role in Hurricane Streets, written, produced and directed by Morgan as his NYU thesis. The 1997 film became the first narrative feature in history to win three of Sundance's seven awards: the coveted Audience Award, Best Director and Best Cinematography.

Following 1998's domestic and international critical success of "Hurricane Streets," Morgan secured financing for his second feature, "Desert Blue," re-teaming with Brendan Sexton III, who led the cast featuring Christina Ricci, Casey Affleck, Sara Gilbert, Ethan Suplee, Peter Sarsgaard, John Heard and the screen debut of Kate Hudson. In 1999, Morgan found himself in a heated bidding war over his paranormal television pitch, "Flashpoint." Fox prevailed in securing the broadcast rights and Morgan spent the rest of the year writing the pilot episode, directing "Dawson's Creek," writing and directing "The Cherry Picker," (Janeane Garofalo) for Showtime, and directing several commercials and music videos, one of which peaked at #3 on M2 before crossing over to MTV for a respectable run for the then unsigned band, "Rilo Kiley."

During 2001, Morgan wrote two original screenplays ("Just Like The Son" and "A Girl's Best Friend," while also adapting his favorite novel, Jack London's semi-autobiography, "Martin Eden." In February, 2002, before submitting his new work for financing, Morgan was tapped to helm Lions Gate Film's dark comedy, "American Psycho 2," starring "That 70's Show's" Mila Kunis and "Star Trek" legend William Shatner."

In 2004 Freeman directed "Piggy Banks." "Piggy Banks" is co-produced by Marcus Allen, former NFL football great and Hall of Fame member. The movie stars Tom Sizemore, Tom Arnold, Gabriel Mann, Matthew Modine and newcomer Jake Muxworthy.

Laguna Beach: The Real OC, new hit reality TV series on MTV was Morgan's first directorial assignment in reality TV. Morgan participated in this reality series in order to gain first hand experience in reality shows and the use of state-of-the-art HDTV technology.

Love is in the Heir, a hit reality TV series on E! was Produced by Morgan. Morgan worked closely with Executive Producer, Steve Michaels, owner of Asylum Productions to create this well received reality show.

Morgan, 36, currently resides in Manhattan's East Village in New York. He has just completed his fifth feature film, "Just Like the Son", starring Mark Webber (Broken Flowers) Brendan Sexton III, Antonio Ortiz and Rosie Perez written and directed by Morgan and produced by Gill Holland, Jamin O'Brien and Matt Parker. The film received critical acclaim at the premiere in the Tribeca Film Festival 2006.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 10:44 am
Take the time to live. Life is too short...

A man and a woman were sitting beside each other in the First-Class
section of a jet. The woman sneezed, took out a tissue, gently wiped her nose, then visibly shuddered for ten or fifteen seconds.
The man went back to his reading. A few minutes later, the woman
sneezed again, took a tissue, wiped her nose, then shuddered quite
violently once more.
Assuming the woman might have a cold, the man was still curious about
the shuddering. A few more minutes passed when the woman sneezed yet again. As before, she took a tissue, wiped her nose, her body shaking even more than before.
Unable to restrain his curiosity, the man turned to the woman, and said, I couldn't help but notice that you've sneezed three times, wiped your nose, then shuddered violently. Are you okay?"
"Sorry if I disturbed you," the woman replied. "I have a very rare
Medical condition; whenever I sneeze, I have an orgasm."
The man, more than a bit embarrassed, was still curious. "I've never
heard of that condition before," he said. "Are you taking anything for it?"
"Yes," the woman nodded. "Black Pepper."
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 10:55 am
Welcome back, hawk. Loved your "black pepper" story, but the bio that made me laugh out loud was Little Richard's having been ejected from the church because he "screamed" the hymns. Thanks, Boston. I needed that laugh.

I was a wee bit confused when I saw your Morgan Freeman bio. You mean there are two of them? Shocked

Well, we hope our Raggedy will be along shortly to remind us of the other Morgan.

I especially liked the play on words, "Love is in the Heir", and it reminded me of this one, folks:

LOVE IS IN THE AIR (John Paul Young)

Love is in the air
Everywhere I look around
Love is in the air
Every sight and every sound

And I don't know if I'm being foolish
Don't know if I'm being wise
But it's something that I must believe in
And it's there when I look in your eyes

Love is in the air
In the whisper of the trees
Love is in the air
In the thunder of the sea

And I don't know if I'm just dreaming
Don't know if I feel sane
And it's there when you call out my name

(Chorus)
Love is in the air
Love is in the air
Oh oh oh
Oh oh oh

Love is in the air
In the rising of the sun
Love is in the air
When the day is nearly done

And I don't know if you're an illusion
Don't know if I see it true
But you're something that I must believe in
And you're there when I reach out for you

Love is in the air
Every sight and every sound
And I don't know if I'm being foolish
Don't know if I'm being wise

And it's there when I look in your eyes
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 12:36 pm
Good afternoon.

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/7513/disney24newred126da.jpg
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/c/c0/Hereslittlerichard.jpeghttp://www.bmi.com/news/200402/images/little_richard.jpg

and I have no idea what Morgan J. Freeman looks like, but

here's Morgan Freeman with his Oscar:

http://www.jonathanprice.de/Morgan_Freeman.jpg

Very Happy
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 12:48 pm
Oh, my word, Raggedy. Love your Disney collage. Wasn't Walt frozen or some such thing? What's the word for that? Cryogenics?

Now there's the Morgan that we have come to know and love, and Little Richard is still around in spite of that church giving him the old heave ho.

One of my favorites by Richard:

Long, Tall Sally:

Gonna tell Aunt Mary 'bout Uncle John,
he claims he has the misery but he has a lotta fun.
Oh baby,
ye-e-e-eh baby,
woo-o-o-oh baby,
havin' me some fun tonight.

Well, long tall Sally she's
built for speed, she got
everything that Uncle John need
Oh baby,
ye-e-e-eh baby,
woo-o-o-oh baby,
Well, I saw Uncle John with long tall Sally.
He saw Aunt mary comin' and he ducked back in the alley.
Oh baby,
ye-e-e-eh baby,
woo-o-o-oh baby,

We're gonna have some fun tonight,
gonna have some fun tonight.
everything will be alright.
We're gonna have some fun,
everything will be alright.
We're gonna have some fun,
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 12:53 pm
Good morning, for a moment, I thought it was…

Another Saturday Night
Cat Stevens lyrics

Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
I've got some money 'cause I just got paid
Now, how I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in an awful way

I got in town a month ago
I seen a lot of girls since then
If I could meet 'em I could get 'em
But as yet I haven't met 'em
That's how I'm in the state I'm in

Oh,
I'm in an awful way

Another fella told me
He had a sister who looked just fine
Instead of bein' my deliv'rance
She had a strange resemblance
To a cat named Frankenstein

Ooh, la,
I'm in an awful way

It's hard on a fella
When he don't know his way around
If I don't find me a honey
To help me spend my money
I'm gonna have to blow this town

Oh, no
I'm in an awful way
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 01:03 pm
Well, folks, there's our Try. Ah, buddy, too bad that you and Cat have money but no body. Razz I guess that would be sorta like a ghost writer.

Here's a Roy Clark song that I just remembered.

THANK GOD AND GREYHOUND
Recorded by Roy Clark
Words and music by Larry Kingston and Ed Nix

[C] I've made a small fortune and you [C7] sqandered it [F] all
You shamed me till [C] I feel about one inch [G7] tall
But I [C] thought I loved you and I [C7] hoped you would [F] change
So I gritted my [C] teeth and [G7] didn't com-[C] plain
Now you come to me; with a [C7] simple good-[F] bye
You tell me you're [C] leavin' but you don't tell me [G7] why
Now we're [C] here at the station and you're [C7] getting [F] on
And all I can think of [C] ... is ...
Thank [G7] God and Greyhound, you're [C] gone.

Thank [F] God and Greyhound, you're gone
I didn't know how much longer I could go [G7] on
[C] Watchin' you take the respect out of me
[F] Watchin' you make a total wreck out of [G7] me
That [C] big diesel motor is a-[F] playin my [C] song
Thank God and [G7] Greyhound, you're [C] gone.

Thank God and Greyhound, you're gone
That load on my mind got lighter when you got on
That shiny old bus is a beautiful sight
With the black smoke a-rollin' up around the tail light
It may sound kinda cruel but I've been silent too long
Thank God and Greyhound, you're gone.

TAG: Thank God and Greyhound, you're gone.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 01:09 pm
"Disney's death spawned two rumors that have become urban legends. The first is that he had his body cryogenically frozen. The second held that he was buried somewhere on the grounds of Disneyland. Both rumors have been found to be untrue. Actually, he was cremated and his ashes are now interred at Forest Lawn Cemetary in Los Angelas, California." (From IMDb)

And now, let's

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000001M9R.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

with Letty.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 02:13 pm
Darn, Raggedy, somehow the idea of Walt not having been frozen is really disappointing. Sure it is, folks.

Okay, here's a disney sing along:

Song: Some Day My Prince Will Come

Some day my prince will come
Some day we'll meet again
And away to his castle we'll go
To be happy forever I know

Some day when spring is here
We'll find our love anew
And the birds will sing
And wedding bells will ring
Some day when my dreams come true

Hey, where is Gautam, anyway. :wink:
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:41 pm
Yeah, where is that handsome fella?!

By the way...Cat Stevens recorded "Another Saturday Night," but it was written and originally recorded by the late, great Sam Cooke.

(Jimmy Buffett had a version of it, too.)

And Roy Clark is practically a neighbor of mine. His house is less than a mile from mine. I drive by it all the time.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:56 pm
tomorrow , december 6 , being "saint niklas" (or st nicholas) day ,
greetings to all listeners !
if you've been a good little girl or boy , don't forget to put a shoe on the window sill tonight .
saint niklas might leave a sweet or other little treat for you when he visits during the night .
remember , if you see him there will be no treat - so close your eyes and sleep well and perhaps you'll be lucky !
hbg

http://stnicholas.kids.us/stnic/images/dutchscene-wmster.jpg
0 Replies