But The Kettle's On The Boil And We're So Easily Called Away

Hand Across The Water (Water)
Heads Across The Sky
Heads Across The Sky
Admiral Halsey Notified Me
He Had To Have A Berth Or He Couldn't Get To Sea
I Had Another Look And I Had A Cup Of Tea And Butter Pie

(The Butter Wouldn't Melt So I Put It In The Pie)
Heads Across The Sky
Heads Across The Sky
Live A Little Be A Gypsy, Get Around(Get Around)
Get Your Feet Up Off The Ground
Live A Little, Get Around
Live A Little Be A Gypsy, Get Around(Get Around)
Get Your Feet Up Off The Ground
Live A Little, Get Around

Heads Across The Sky
Heads Across The Sky
Ooo------------Ooo-------------

Paul McCartney
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 05:00 am
Good morning, WA2K listeners and contributors. What a gloomy day here in flower land.

hamburger, thanks for the goodnight music, Canada. I would like to be headin' for South America myself right now.<smile>

edgar, perfect coffee song, buddy, and a toast to you with my steaming cup, Texas. Thanks.

Hey, Rex. That is an unusual song, Maine. Who in the world is Uncle Albert? Razz

Advice for today: Do NOT go barefoot in the grass, listeners, because there are wee creatures waiting to attack. Something got my foot and it is still swollen a bit this morning.

Well, time for a second cup. Back later.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 05:30 am
How about a little bit of Billy Joel, listeners. Great advice for those who expect to change someone to fit their mould:

Just the Way You Are
Billy Joel

Don't go changing, to try and please me
You never let me down before
Don't imagine you're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore
I wouldn't leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far
I took the good times, I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are

Don't go trying some new fashion
Don't change the color of your hair
You always have my unspoken passion
Although I might not seem to care

I don't want clever conversation
I never want to work that hard
I just want someone that I can talk to
I want you just the way you are.

I need to know that you will always be
The same old someone that I knew
What will it take till you believe in me
The way that I believe in you.

I said I love you and that's forever
And this I promise from the heart
I could not love you any better
I love you just the way you are.

That's the way it should be, folks, but is that the way it is?
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 09:31 am
Sebastian Cabot
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sebastian Cabot (July 6, 1918 - August 22, 1977) was a film and television actor, best remembered as a gently composed "gentleman's gentleman" in the 1960s situation comedy Family Affair, but his sonorous voice and understated style belied his frequent typecasting as an Englishman trying to make sense of America.

Early career

Cabot was born in London, England. His career began with a bit part in Foreign Affaires (1935); his first screen credit was in Alfred Hitchcock's Secret Agent (1936). Other British films such as Love on the Dole, Pimpernel Smith, Old Mother Riley: Detective, and Old Mother Riley: Overseas followed. In 1946, he won the role of Iago in Othello. By 1947, Cabot had relocated to Hollywood, and landed roles in such films as They Made Me A Fugitive, Third Time Lucky, The Spider and the Fly, Ivanhoe, Babes in Baghdad, The Love Lottery, and the 1954 Italian version of Romeo and Juliet--as Capulet.

At about this time Cabot began taking on television work, appearing in such series as Along the Oregon Trail, The Adventures of Hiram Holiday, Checkmate (TV series), The Beachcomber, and an unforgettable appearance in The Twilight Zone,{aka A Nice Place to Visit} as the white-suited, courtly provider--who turns out to be the devil himself--of a vain but disillusioned man's every wish. In 1964, Cabot hosted the short-lived television series, Suspense, and voiced or narrated a few other film and television projects, before he was cast as Giles French in the CBS series Family Affair.

A Gentleman's Gentleman

Family Affair wasn't exactly a new concept; the bachelor uncle left to raise his suddenly orphaned nieces or nephews was as old as radio legend The Great Gildersleeve (1941-57) and as recent on television as Bachelor Father. But its comedy was gentle, sentimental, often saccharine but nevertheless written and acted sensitively enough to capture a wide audience for five years. Unlike The Great Gildersleeve, whose title character reined in his pomposity and learned to live with being the occasional fool; or, Bachelor Father's breezy suburban attorney Bentley Gregg, Family Affair's patriarchal, urbane uncle, William Davis (played by Brian Keith), understated the tension between his formerly swinging bachelor life and his on-the-job-training-like surrogate fatherhood, once he accepted the idea (it took about three episodes) that he'd be raising grade-school twins (Buffy and Jody Patterson, played by Anissa Jones and Johnny Whitaker) and a teenaged niece (Catherine "Cissy" Patterson, played by Kathy Garver), and discovered he had more to offer young parentally-bereaved children than just his tastefully arresting Manhattan penthouse apartment and his wealth.

Cabot as French balanced the tension with his rotund appearance, his genteel but slightly befuddled manner, and his occasionally implied romanticism, tending his bachelor employer and enduring his own growing pains as a surrogate parental figure. He was striking enough in that regard to help the show secure its audience---it was almost as much fun for viewers to anticipate his reactions as anything else on the show. Some of the show's most memorable sequences, in fact, involved French's relationships with various female housekeepers/nannies with whom he spent time as their employers' children played together in nearby parks, and there were hints throughout the series that French himself had a romantic interest (usually, with a "Miss Fabersham") that he was never quite able to let himself fulfill.

Typecast?

Cabot didn't cease his other film and television work during the series' run--in fact, he took a leave of absence (his stand-in: veteran British character actor John Williams, as French's brother Nigel, or Niles) from Family Affair at one point during the series' run--and he worked well in voice roles (Bagheera in The Jungle Book; the narrator of Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day; host of Journey to Midnight). But he was so vivid as French that he never shook the image even after Family Affair finally ended production in 1971. Perhaps Cabot's most memorable role following the series' demise was in the television remake of Miracle on 34th Street. On the one hand, Cabot lent the role of Kris Kringle a hinted depth that referenced old Giles French's maturing sensitivity, but on the other hand he wasn't enough to make viewers forget Edmund Gwenn's incomparable ownership of the role in the film that still receives an average thirty showings on Christmas-season television. In fairness, he couldn't possibly compete with that kind of saturation, but it was to his credit that he acquitted himself as he did.

Epilogue

Cabot appeared in another Christmas project, the television film The City That Forgot About Christmas (1974), and narrated two more Pooh projects, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, Too! and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, before his death of a stroke in North Saanich, British Columbia, Canada at age 59. He lived his final years near Sidney, British Columbia. Audiences almost three decades after his death remain familiar with Cabot, through periodic replays of his Twilight Zone appearance and, once in awhile, a syndicated revival of Family Affair reruns. A memorable career high point was his two-year stint as one of the three leads on Eric Ambler's superb 1960 detective show Checkmate (TV series).

Of the other Family Affair cast, Anissa Jones---whose off-camera life was as troubled as her character's became bucolic---died of a drug overdose at age 18. Brian Keith, depressed by a daughter's suicide and his own battle with lung cancer, committed suicide in 1997; he had previously starred in a 1980s TV series, Hardcastle and McCormick. Johnnie Whittaker acted in a few television and film roles following Family Affair, but has not been known to have acted since 1977's Mulligan's Stew. Kathy Garver has since made a low-keyed but respected career as an actress, particularly in voice-over work and in audio books.

Sebastian Cabot is interred in the urn garden in Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery in Los Angeles, California near Brian Keith.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 09:44 am
Bill Haley

Bill Haley (July 6, 1925 - February 9, 1981) was one of the first American rock and roll musicians, and is credited by many with first popularizing this form of music in the mid-1950s with his group Bill Haley & His Comets and their hit song "Rock Around the Clock".

Early life and career

Haley was born William John Clifton Haley (some sources append "Junior" to his name, but his eldest son states that this is erroneous) in Highland Park, Michigan and raised in Pennsylvania. Many sources (almost universally predating his death in 1981) state that Haley was born in 1927, which is due to Haley knocking two years off his age for publicity purposes in the 1950s. A few recent sources erroneously give a birth year of 1924.

In 1946, Haley joined his first professional group, a Pennsylvania-based western swing band called The Down Homers run by Shorty Cook, after which he set out on his own. He made a number of regionally successful country music singles in the 1940s for several local labels, including Cowboy Records 1948-1949 while working as a touring musician and later a radio DJ at WPWA. (Many of Haley's early recordings would not be released until after his death.) In 1948, he formed his own group, The Four Aces of Western Swing, later followed by The Saddlemen in either 1949 or 1950 (sources vary as to the exact year). In 1951, Haley began to change musical styles, recording cover versions of "Rocket "88"" (previously recorded by Jackie Brenston and His Delta Cats), and in, 1952, "Rock the Joint", previously recorded by several bands including Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians. The relative success of these recordings (both sold in the 75,000-100,000 copy range in the Pennsylvania-New England region) convinced Haley that his new and as-yet officially unnamed hybrid of country and rhythm and blues could be a commercial success.

Bill Haley & His Comets

Main article: Bill Haley & His Comets
During the Labor Day weekend in 1952, The Saddlemen were renamed Bill Haley with Haley's Comets (inspired by a popular mispronunciation of Halley's Comet), and in 1953, Haley's recording of "Crazy Man, Crazy" (co-written by Haley and his bass player, Marshall Lytle although Lytle wouldn't receive credit until 2001) became the first rock and roll song to hit the American charts. Soon after, the band's name was revised to Bill Haley & His Comets.

In 1953, a song entitled "Rock Around the Clock" was written for Haley, but he was unable to record it until April 12, 1954. Initially, it was relatively unsuccessful, but Haley soon scored a major worldwide hit with a cover version of Big Joe Turner's "Shake, Rattle and Roll," which went on to sell a million copies and became the first ever rock'n'roll song to enter British singles charts in December 1954. Haley and his band were important in launching the music known as "Rock and Roll" to a wider (white) audience after years of it being considered an underground movement. When "Rock Around the Clock" appeared behind the opening credits of the 1955 film The Blackboard Jungle starring Glenn Ford, it soared to the top of the American Billboard charts for eight weeks, launching a musical revolution that opened the doors for the likes of Elvis Presley.

"Rock Around the Clock" was the first record ever to sell over one million copies in both Britain and Germany and, in 1957, Haley became the first major American rock singer to tour Europe. Haley continued to score hits throughout the 1950s such as "See You Later, Alligator" and he starred in the first rock and roll musical movies Rock Around the Clock and Don't Knock the Rock, both in 1956. His star was soon surpassed in the USA by the younger, sexier Elvis, but Haley continued to be a major star in Latin America, Mexico, and in Europe throughout the 1960s.

A self-admitted alcoholic (as indicated in a 1974 radio interview for the British Broadcasting Corporation), Haley fought a battle with liquor well into the 1970s. Nonetheless, he and his band continued to be a popular touring act, enjoying a career resurgence in the late 1960s with the Rock and Roll Revival movement and the signing of a lucrative record deal with the European Sonet Records label. After performing for Queen Elizabeth II at a command performance in 1979, Haley made his final performances in South Africa in May and June of 1980. Prior to the South African tour, he was diagnosed with a brain tumor, and a planned tour of Germany in the fall of 1980 was cancelled. Despite his ill health, Haley began compiling notes for possible use as a basis for either a biographical film based on his life, or a published autobiography (accounts differ), and there were plans for him to record an album in Memphis, Tennessee, when the brain tumor began affecting his behavior and he retired to his home in Harlingen, Texas where he died early on the morning February 9, 1981. Media reports immediately following his death indicated Haley displayed deranged and erratic behavior in his final weeks, although beyond a biography of Haley by John Swenson released a year later which describes Haley painting the windows of his home black and making rambling late-night phone calls to friends and relatives, there is little information extant about Haley's final days.

The exact cause of his death is controversial. Media reports, supported by Haley's death certificate (reproduced in the book Bill Haley: The Daddy of Rock and Roll by John Swenson), suggest he died of "natural causes most likely heart attack". Members of Haley's family, however, contest that he died from the brain tumor.

Haley was posthumously inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987.

Haley's original Comets from 1954 and 1955 still tour the world to packed houses. Despite ranging in age from 72 to 84, the band shows no sign of slowing down, releasing a concert DVD in 2004 and playing the trendy Viper Room in West Hollywood in 2005.

Rock Around The Clock
Written By Max C. Freedman and James E. Myers

Recorded By Bill Haley & His Comets (1954)

One, two, three o'clock, four o'clock rock
Five, six, seven o'clock, eight o'clock rock
Nine, ten, eleven o'clock, twelve o'clock rock
We're gonna rock around the clock tonight

Put your glad rags on, join me, Hon
We'll have some fun when the clock strikes one
We're gonna rock, rock, rock, 'til broad daylight
Gonna rock, gonna rock around the clock tonight

When the clock strikes two, three and four
If the band slows down we'll yell for more

When the chimes ring five, six, and seven
We'll be right in seventh heaven

When it's eight, nine, ten, eleven too
I'll be goin' strong and so will you

When the clock strikes twelve, we'll cool off then
Start a'rockin' round the clock again
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 09:54 am
Janet Leigh

Jeanette Helen Morrison (July 6, 1927 - October 3, 2004), better known as Janet Leigh, was an American actress.

Early life

Leigh was born in Merced, California, the only child of Frederick Robert Morrison and Helen Lita Westergard. She was discovered by actress Norma Shearer, whose late husband Irving Thalberg had been a senior executive at Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. Shearer showed talent agent Lew Wasserman the photograph she had seen of Leigh while vacationing at the ski resort where the girl's parents worked. She left College of the Pacific, where she was studying music and psychology, after Wasserman secured a contract with MGM.

Career

Leigh's best-known role was in Alfred Hitchcock's 1960 film Psycho. Years later, she wrote a book about the making of that film, in which she dispelled the urban legends which had popped up around it, notably, about the immortal "shower scene". Her performance earned her a Golden Globe and an Oscar nomination.

Leigh appeared in two horror films with her daughter, Jamie Lee Curtis, playing a major role in 1980's The Fog and making a cameo appearance in 1998's Halloween H20: 20 Years Later. These were her last two films.

Private life

Leigh married her third husband, Tony Curtis, on June 4, 1951. They had two children, Kelly and Jamie Lee. Curtis, who has admitted to cheating on her throughout their marriage, left Leigh in 1962 for Christine Kaufmann, the 17 year-old Austrian co-star of his then-latest film. Leigh was granted a divorce, and married stockbroker Robert Brandt later that year in Las Vegas; they remained married until her death. Leigh served on the board of directors of the Motion Picture and Television Foundation, a medical-services provider for actors.

She died at her home from vasculitis at age 77. Her family was at her side.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 10:02 am
Della Reese

Della Reese (born Delloreese Patricia Early on July 6, 1931 in Detroit, Michigan), is a famous African-American actor and singer. She is of half African-American and half Cherokee Indian descent.

Reese began singing at the age of six. She would later join famous gospel singer Mahalia Jackson as a back-up singer. While a student at Wayne State University she formed and performed with a gospel group, the Meditation Singers. Reese left university after her mother died and when her father developed serious health problems. While continuing to perform with the Meditation Singers she also performed in night clubs, notably the famous Flame Showbar, where as both a hostess and singer she heard some of the premier jazz artists of the day. She had by then married Vermont Taliaferro, and her married name was too long to fit on marquees, so she adopted a modification of her first name as a stage name.

In 1953, after signing with a New York City agent, she joined the Erskine Hawkins orchestra, and a year later signed a recording contract with Jubilee Records. Her biggest hits for Jubilee, both million-sellers, were "And That Reminds Me" and "Don't You Know." Her success on record led to a successful performing career, including nine years performing in Las Vegas.

In 1969, she was given her first shot at television stardom, when she starred on a self-titled variety series. A year later (after her variety series was canceled after one season), she became the first black woman to serve as guest host of The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson.

Reese later appeared in several TV movies and miniseries' (including The House of Yes, Sanford and Son (in Season 5 episode "Della Della Della" that featured her performing "Ease On Down the Road" with Redd Foxx), and Roots: The Next Generations) and was a regular on Chico and the Man. In 1979, after taping a guest spot for The Tonight Show, she suffered a nearly fatal brain aneurysm, but made a full recovery after two operations by noted neurosurgeon Dr. Charles Drake at University Hospital in London, Ontario. This was Reese's second brush with death. A number of years earlier, she accidentally walked into a plate glass door in her home. She was sliced so badly by the broken glass she required a thousand stiches to close her wounds. She lost most of her blood and later said she had a "near death" experience where she saw her beloved mother.

After appearing on two sitcoms, Reese did a voice over for the animated series A Pup Named Scooby-Doo. In 1989, she starred alongside Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor and Arsenio Hall in the movie Harlem Nights. In 1991, she starred opposite Redd Foxx in his final sitcom, The Royal Family. His death halted production of the series for a few months.

From 1994 to 2003 Reese took on the role she is possibly best known for: Tess on the inspirational television drama Touched by an Angel. Reese also sang the show's theme song. Her participation in this series has given her popularity among the younger audiences a boost.

Della Reese announced, on Larry King's show in 2002, that she suffers from Type-2 Diabetes. She is a spokeswoman of the American Diabetes Association, travelling around the United States to raise awareness about the disease.

In 1983, she married Franklin Thomas Lett Jr., to whom she is still married. In 1987, she was nominated for an Grammy for one of her acclaimed gospel albums.

Besides being a singer and actress, Reese is also an ordained minister in the Understanding Principles for Better Living Church in Los Angeles, California. In 2005, Reese was honored by Oprah Winfrey at her Legends Ball ceremony along with 25 other African-American women.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 10:11 am
Sylvester Stallone

Sylvester Gardenzio Stallone (born July 6, 1946, in New York City) is an Italian American film actor, director, producer, and screenwriter. He is often referred to by his nickname, "Sly," His middle name is sometimes cited as "Enzio," though in A&E's biography of the actor, "The Rocky Road to the Top," his mother states his middle name as "Gardenzio." He achieved his greatest successes in a number of action films, notably the Rocky and Rambo series.

Personal life

His trademark sneer, lazy eyes, and slurred speech are the result of paralysis in the left side of his face caused by birth complications.

Stallone's family include former chart-topping singer Frank Stallone, his mother Jackie, who achieved fame in the middle 1990s as an astrologer and Sage Stallone, who played Rocky's son in 1990's Rocky V and appeared in his 1996 movie, Daylight.

He has been married three times, to Sasha Czack (1974-1985), Brigitte Nielsen (1985-1987), and Jennifer Flavin (1997-present). He has five children, sons Sage Moonblood and Seargeoh, who has autism (with Czack, born 1976 and 1979 respectively), and daughters Sophia Rose, Sistine Rose, and Scarlet Rose (with Flavin, born 1996, 1998, 2002 respectively).

In addition to his marriages, he has had romantic relationships with models Susan Anton, Angie Everhart, Pamela Anderson, and Naomi Campbell. [1]

Career

Sylvester Stallone, 1970, 24 years old, in his first movie.Stallone was born to Frank Stallone Sr. (a beautician who was an immigrant from Castellammare del Golfo, Sicily) and Jacqueline "Jackie" Labofish, an American astrologer. In the 1960s, Stallone attended the University of Miami for three years. He came within a few credit hours of graduation, before he decided to drop out and pursue an acting career. Stallone's career began with an appearance in a soft-core pornographic film called Party at Kitty and Stud's. The film was originally hard core and depicted sexual acts, but the repackaging was censored to have scenes end just before any hard core action would take place. After Stallone's later success the film was re-packaged as The Italian Stallion.

Stallone's first few film roles were very small. He had brief uncredited appearances in Woody Allen's Bananas (1971) as a subway thug, in the psychological thriller Klute (1971) as an extra dancing in a club, and in the Jack Lemmon vehicle The Prisoner of Second Avenue (1974) as a youth. He had a starring role in the cult hit The Lords of Flatbush (1974). In 1975, he appeared in supporting roles in Farewell, My Lovely, Capone, and another cult hit Death Race 2000. Stallone also appeared in guest shots on the popular television series Police Story and Kojak.

Stallone did not gain wide fame until his starring role in the smash hit Rocky (1976), awarded the Academy Award for Best Picture. On March 24, 1975, Stallone saw the Ali-Chuck Wepner fight which inspired the foundation idea of Rocky. That night, Stallone went home, painted his windows black (so he couldn't tell if it was night or day) and in three days he had written the script for Rocky[citation needed]. After that, he tried to sell the script with the intention of playing the lead role. Once he got to Robert Chartoff and Irwin Winkler, they liked the script and had planned on starring someone like Burt Reynolds or James Caan. Stallone was offered money in the hundreds of thousands but wouldn't accept, he wanted to play the role (at the time, Stallone was virtually unknown in the acting world). Doubtfully, they accepted. Rocky was nominated for ten Academy Awards in all, including two for Stallone himself, for Best Actor and for Best Original Screenplay. In addition to winning Best Picture, Rocky won for Best Director and Best Film Editing.

Rocky cost about US$1.1 million to make, and grossed about US$225 million worldwide. The movie has made the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art a Philadelphia tourist attraction.

Sylvester Stallone: footprints and hands stamped at Hollywood walkthroughStallone had tried his hand at other genres of film but some were bashed by critics. Along with starring, Stallone directed Rocky II, III, and IV. With the monetary success of the Rocky films, Stallone gave professional wrestler Hulk Hogan his first mainstream exposure, as the character Thunderlips in 1982's Rocky III, two years before Hogan hit it big as the champion of the World Wrestling Federation. Stallone ended up inducting Hogan into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2005.

Stallone has never recaptured the critical acclaim he won initially with Rocky, when Roger Ebert said he could become the next Marlon Brando. The actor did receive plaudits for his role in the film Cop Land in which he starred alongside Robert De Niro and Ray Liotta.

Stallone has also co-written several other films, such as Tango and Cash, and directed others, such as the sequel to Saturday Night Fever, Staying Alive. His other early successes were as John Rambo in First Blood (1982) and its sequels, Rambo: First Blood Part II, and Rambo III. His last major success as a co-writer came with 1993's Cliffhanger.

After Demolition Man, Jesse Ventura said on television that "He's big and rugged. You can slam 'im around, he's not gonna run cryin' to the producer."

Trivia

Not all of the films in which he's appeared are in the English language. He made a cameo appearance in the French film Taxi 3 where he spoke what appeared to be fluent French.
He was born on the same date as President George W. Bush.
Stallone was paid a mere $60,000 to do Cop Land (1997). It is said that he did the film to play a serious role and escape his action hero typecast.
Oil paints in his spare time and considers Leonardo Da Vinci his personal hero.
Part owns Planet Hollywood restaurants with Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
He learned boxing before filming Rocky.
Stallone was pied at the opening of one of his Planet Hollywood restaurants in Montreal.
At 15, his classmates voted him the one "most likely to end up in the electric chair."
Was the initial choice for the role of Axel Foley in 1984's Beverly Hills Cop. After changes were made to the script, the part went to Eddie Murphy.
Listed as one of the top heroes of all time by American Film Institute (AFI) on 2003, he listed seventh as Rocky Balboa behind Gregory Peck (Atticus Finch), Harrison Ford (Indiana Jones), Sean Connery (James Bond), Humphrey Bogart (Rick Blaine), Gary Cooper (Will Kane) and Jodie Foster (Clarice Starling).
On the opening of his first film as director, Paradise Alley: "You could hunt deer in that theatre."
Stallone's height is 5'9" (1.75m).
Is one of the first few actors to be involved in a video game based on one of his movies. (A similar direction was taken for Enter the Matrix.)
Is a massive fan of the works of Edgar Allan Poe
In the South Park episode Wing Sylvester's speech was so slurred he required a translator to communicate. He was otherwise portrayed in a positive light in this episode.
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 10:12 am
"A Whole New World" Lyrics - From 'Aladdin'

I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me Princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride

A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no
Or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming

A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you

Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feelings
Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond sky

A whole new world
Don't you dare close your eyes
A hundred thousand things to see
Hold your breath- it gets better
I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be

A whole new world
Every turn a surprise
With new horizons to pursue
Every moment red-letter
I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this whole new world with you

A whole new world
That's where we'll be
A thrilling chase
A wondrous place
For you and me
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 10:16 am
If you need a laugh, then read through these Children's Science Exam Answers.

Q: Name the four seasons. A: Salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar.

Q: Explain one of the processes by which water can be made safe to drink. A: Flirtation makes water safe to drink because it removes large pollutants like grit, sand, dead sheep and canoeists.

Q: How is dew formed? A: The sun shines down on the leaves and makes them perspire.

Q: How can you delay milk turning sour? (Brilliant, love this!) A: Keep it in the cow.

Q: What causes the tides in the oceans? A: The tides are a fight between the Earth and the Moon. All water tends to flow towards the moon, because there is no water on the moon, and nature hates a vacuum. I forget where the sun joins in this fight.

Q: What are steroids? A: Things for keeping carpets still on the stairs.

Q: What happens to your body as you age? A: When you get old, so do your bowels and you get intercontinental.

Q: What happens to a boy when he reaches puberty? A: He says good-bye to his boyhood and looks forward to his adultery.

Q: Name a major disease associated with cigarettes A: Premature death.

Q: How are the main parts of the body categorized? (e.g. abdomen.) A: The body is consisted into three parts - the brainium, the borax and the abdominal cavity. The brainium contains the brain; the borax contains the heart and lungs, and the abdominal cavity contains the five bowels, A, E, I, O, and U.

Q: What is the fibula? A: A small lie.

Q: What does "varicose" mean? (I do love this one...) A: Nearby.

Q: Give the meaning of the term "Caesarean Section" A: The Caesarean Section is a district in Rome.

Q: What does the word "benign" mean?' A: Benign is what you will be after you be eight.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 10:30 am
Yes, dear hawkman. I need a laugh and you provided one. Thanks for the bio's, honey. I am certain that our Raggedy will be along to say in pictures, what you have said in words.

I believe, listeners, that we know most of Bob's famous people, but we shall wait for Raggedy to enter before we comment.

butterfly, that is such a lovely song, Auzzie. Thanks, dear. Ah, Aladdin and that wonderful lamp.

Well, Letty must do some things today that have been put off. So, I shall be back later. Until then, keep us on the air.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 11:30 am
Good morning. Perhaps, a little Status Quo to kick start the day.

When You Walk In The Room Lyrics.

I can feel a new expression on my face
I can feel a glowing sensation taking place
I can hear the guitars playing lovely tunes
Every time that you walk in the room

I close my eyes for a second and pretend it's me you want
Meanwhile I try to act so nonchalant
I feel the summer's night with a magic moon

Baby it's a dream come true
Standing right alongside of you
Wish I could how you how much I care
But I only have the nerve to stare

I can feel there's something pounding in my brain
Just anytime that someone speaks your name
Trumpets sound and I hear thunder boom
Every time that you
Every time that you

Walk in the room
Walk in the room
Walk in the room
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 11:39 am
Good afternoon.

Picture time:

http://www.tropiccomics.com/ebay/ps1960.jpg
http://www.styleguru.org/images/della_reese.jpghttp://www.hurriyetusa.com/haberler_foto4/sylvester_stallone_rocky.gifhttp://www.cinefania.com/pics/personas/8/8160.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 12:34 pm
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 04:27 pm
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 04:27 pm
Well, where is hamburger? I wanted to let him know that Letty is having an adult beverage tonight.

http://www.perfectdrinks.de/images/whiskey.jpg

And a little Ray to go with it:

Song: Let the good times roll
Album: The Genius Of Ray Charles

Hey everybody,
Let's have some fun
You only live but once
And when you're dead you're done

So let the good times roll,
I said let the good times roll,
I don't care if you're young or old,
You oughtta get together and let the good times roll

Don't sit there mumbling
Talkin' trash
If you want to have a ball,
You got to go out and spend some cash

And let the good times roll now,
I'm talkin' `bout the good times,
Well it makes no difference whether you're young or old,
All you got to do is get together and let the good times roll

Hey y'all tell everybody, Ray Charles in town,
I got a dollar and a quarter and I'm just ringing the clock,
But don't let no female, play me cheap,
I got fifty cents more than I'm gonna keep.

So let the good times roll now,
I tell y'all I'm gonna let the good times roll now,
Well it don't make no difference if you're young or old,
All you got to do is get together and let the good times roll

Hey no matter whether, rainy weather,
If you want to have a ball, you got to get yourself together,
Oh, get yourself under control, woah, and let the good times roll.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 04:30 pm
Well ain't you theĀ…

Wild One
Status Quo

Well I'm just outa school
Like I'm real real cool
Gotta dance like a fool
Got the message that I gotta be
A wild one
Ooh yeah I'm a wild one

Gotta break it loose
Gonna keep 'em movin' wild
Gonna keep a swingin' baby
I'm a real wild child

Gonna met all muh friends
Gonna have ourself a ball
Gonna tell my friends
Gonna tell them all
That I'm a wild one
Ooh yeah I'm a wild one

Gotta break it loose
I'm a real wild child

I'm a real wild one
An' I like a wild fun
In a world gone crazy
Everything seems hazy
I'm a wild one
Ooh yeah I'm a wild one

Gotta break it loose
I'm a real wild child

I'm a wild one
I'm a wild one
I'm a wild one
Oh baby
I'm a wild one
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 04:46 pm
Try, that was THE damndest song that I have ever heard, and it was hilarious, buddy. Talk about going around Robinhood's barn. (whatever that is), but it would never have been as fantastic had he said, "I hate brussel sprouts and sauerkraut." Love it, and your wild one as well.

Here's the song
Michael Buble version:

I'll never smile again
Until I smile at you
I'll never laugh again
What good would it do

For tears would fill my eyes
My heart would realize
That our romance is through

I'll never love again
I'm so in love with you
I'll never thrill again
To somebody new

Within my heart
I know I will never start
To smile again
Until I smile at you
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 06:21 pm
letty and all other landlubbers :
set sail round cap horn!
(i was happy we were on a ship other than a sailing vessel - so much more comfortable !)

GORDON LIGHTFOOT Song Lyrics

Ghosts Of Cape Horn
(From the album "DREAM STREET ROSE")

All around old Cape Horn
Ships of the line, ships of the morn
Some who wish they'd never been born
They are the ghosts of Cape Horn
Fal deral da riddle de rum
With a rim dim diddy
And a rum dum dum
Sailing away at the break of morn
They are the ghosts of Cape Horn