Yellow is the colour of my true love's hair,
In the morning, when we rise,
In the morning, when we rise.
That's the time, that's the time,
I love the best.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 07:52 am
Well, there is our Mr. Turtle in the company of his yellow-haired lady. <smile> Love it, M.D.

Speaking of rising, listeners. Don't we love the warming rays? This poem is by none other than Pablo Picasso:

in secret
be quiet say nothing
except the street be full of stars
and the prisoners eat doves
and the doves eat cheese
and the cheese eats words
and the words eat bridges
and the bridges eat looks
and the looks eat cups full of kisses in the orchata
that hides all with its wings
the butterfly the night
in a cafe last summer
in Barcelona.

Sounds just the way he paints, no?
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 09:05 am
Good morning all.
Just as I was telling Yit that I liked his morning song --and blue skies, nothing but blue skies, are all I see in Pa., the power went out and so did my post.

I was remembering Harry Nilsson and Waylon Jennings before the lights went out.

http://www.thenightowl.com/images/nilsson.jpg

Harry's hit written by Fred Neil:

Everybody's talkin' at me.
I don't hear a word they're sayin',
Only the echoes of my mind.

People stoppin' starin'
I can't see the faces,
Only the shadows of their eyes.

I'm goin' where the sun keeps shinin'
Thru the pourin' rain,
Goin' where the weather suits my clothes.

Bankin' off the northeast wind,
Sailin' on a summer breeze,
Skippin' over the ocean like a stone.

Everybody's talkin' at me.
I don't hear a word they're sayin',
Only the echoes of my mind.

And I won't let you leave my love behind. Repeat and fade

(Love that song)

and here's Waylon:

http://www.abc.net.au/snc/stories/Waylon_Jennings_Dead_at_64_m350860.JPG
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 09:22 am
Well, there's our Raggedy with a restored power song.<smile> Well, PA, it's obvious that our cowboy is not a midnight man. Thanks, honey. Love it, and I guess Jennings is a "Waylon" man.

Speaking of Dustin Hoffman, I watched a movie called Runaway Jury the other night, and what a sting! John Cusac was excellent, too. What an ironic ending, and a good one for a change.

Another that I watched was one of those Cold Case files that turned out to be rather paranormal at the end. Anyone see it? It was about the death of a young gay athlete who was murdered by a bunch of "good old boys", and whose case was resolved some forty years later.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 09:27 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 09:56 am
Waylon Jennings
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Waylon Arnold Jennings (June 15, 1937 - February 13, 2002) was a respected and influential American country music singer and guitarist, born in Littlefield, Texas.

He taught himself to play guitar at age eight, and formed his first band two years later. He worked as a DJ throughout his teen years, dropping out of high school to pursue a career in music. During his time working as a DJ, he met and befriended Buddy Holly.

On the night of February 3, 1959 (The Day the Music Died) the airplane carrying Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. Richardson (aka The Big Bopper) crashed outside of Mason City, Iowa, killing all passengers. Jennings had given his seat to Richardson, who had the flu and desperately needed rest. In his 1996 autobiography, Jennings admitted for the first time that in the years afterward, he felt severe guilt and responsibility for the crash. After Jennings gave up his seat, Holly had jokingly told him that he hoped the tour bus would stall. Jennings replied, with equal jocularity, that he hoped the plane would crash; these words would haunt him for years.

Phoenix

After several years of inactivity, Jennings began performing again this time in Phoenix, Arizona. In these years of two and three shows a night, sometimes six nights a week, he developed a unique sound, a devoted following, and a decent living. He signed a contract with Herb Alpert's newly formed A&M Records, and he had a few hit singles on local radio in Phoenix, including "Four Strong Winds" (by Ian Tyson) and "Just To Satisfy You" (co-written with Don Bowman). Bobby Bare did his own cover of "Four Strong Winds" after hearing Waylon's version, and Bare later recommended Waylon to legendary country music guitarist and producer Chet Atkins, who signed Waylon to RCA Victor. He packed up and moved to Nashville, Tennessee in 1965.

The Nashville Sound

Jennings was accustomed to performing and recording with his own band, a practice that was not encouraged in professional Nashville recording studios. The characteristic sound he had developed in Phoenix was further "diminished" by the typical post-production enhancing of recordings with string arrangements and other overdubs. Jennings released a series of singles and albums with RCA; however, there were some successes. He felt limited by the "Nashville Sound," and the lack of "artistic freedom" in the 1960s country music industry.

During this time, Jennings began using amphetamines while touring. He quickly became addicted, like many other country artists of the period, including his one-time roommate Johnny Cash. His second marriage, to Lynne Jones, ended in a 1967 divorce suit that left the already broke singer economically crippled. He got married for a third time to Barbara Rood, who tried to get his finances under control. Her efforts created great resentment within Jenning's band, and the marriage ended in divorce shortly thereafter. He married for the fourth and final time to country singer Jessi Colter in 1969. Colter (then known as Miriam Eddy) had previously been married to guitar legend, Duane Eddy.

Willie Nelson, another Texas native who had come to Nashville before him, retired from the music industry and left Nashville in the late 1960s. Nelson had cautioned Jennings not to leave his steady job as a popular performer in Phoenix for Nashville, but Jennings had not heeded his advice. By the beginning of the 1970s, saddled with a $250,000 debt to his record company and others, Jennings had become almost hopeless with the prospect of success in Nashville. A 1972 bout with hepatitis almost killed him, and he seriously considered retiring from music as Nelson had done.

Outlaw country

Two things came along to turn Jennings' hard times around; the first was a business manager from New York named Neil Reshen, and the second was his old friend Nelson. Reshen approached Jennings, still recovering from hepatitis, and offered to renegotiate his recording and touring contracts. Jennings agreed, and the contract renegotiation began in earnest. At a 1972 meeting in a Nashville airport, Jennings introduced Reshen to Nelson; by the end of the meeting, Reshen was manager to both singers.

RCA had dropped Nelson, but by 1973 he had returned to the music industry under the auspices of Atlantic Records, and was on his way to music superstardom. Now based in Austin, Texas, Nelson had made inroads into the rock and roll press by attracting a diverse fan base that included the young rock music audience. Atlantic Records had signed Nelson when the time was right, and they were looking to sign Jennings as well. Nelson's rise to popularity made RCA nervous about losing another hot artist, which gave Jennings the leverage he needed in his contract renegotiations. Reshen drove a hard bargain, but RCA finally agreed to his terms: a $75,000 advance and near-complete artistic control. Renegotiations of his touring contracts yielded similar positive results, and began turning a profit from his touring (almost unheard-of in Nashville at that time). Waylon finally had a rock star recording contract, and he looked the part; Reshen had advised him to keep the beard he had grown in the hospital, in order to cultivate a more rock and roll image.

In 1972, RCA issued Ladies Love Outlaws, an album that Jennings never wanted released. Nevertheless, the title track is often considered the first song of the outlaw country movement. He followed this album with Lonesome, On'ry and Mean and Honky Tonk Heroes in 1973, the first albums recorded and released under his own creative control. The albums were huge commercial and critical successes. More hit albums followed, with The Ramblin' Man and This Time in 1974 and Dreaming My Dreams in 1975. The pace of recording and performing was lucrative but grueling. At some point in the 1970s, Jennings switched from amphetamines to cocaine, consuming thousands of dollars worth every day.

In 1976, Jennings began his career-defining collaborations with Nelson on the compilation album Wanted: The Outlaws!, country's first platinum record. The following year, RCA issued "Ol' Waylon", an album that produced another huge hit duet with Nelson, "Luckenbach, Texas (Back to the Basics of Love)". Waylon and Willie followed in 1978, producing their biggest hit with "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys." He released I've Always Been Crazy in 1978, followed with a greatest hits album in 1979.

By the early 1980s, Jennings was completely addicted to cocaine. His personal finances had again unraveled, leaving him bankrupt. His work became less focused, and his tours had progressed into full rock and roll excesses. In a widely publicized case, he was arrested in 1977 for cocaine possession by federal agents, though the charges were later dropped. The episode was recounted in Jennings' song "Don't Y'all Think This Outlaw Bit's Done Got Out Of Hand?"

Addiction and recovery

Jennings decided that it was finally time to clean up, at least for a little while. He underwent the detox process, intending to start using cocaine again in a more controlled fashion afterward. By Jennings' own admission in interviews, his son Shooter Jennings was the main inspiration to stay off cocaine permanently. His later life was plagued with health problems including a heart attack and diabetes brought on by a voracious appetite that developed after he beat his cocaine habit. Despite these problems, Jennings remained free from cocaine and continued recording and touring throughout the 1980s and 1990s.

Later years

Outside of the music industry, Jennings was also known as the voice of the narrator on the popular television series The Dukes of Hazzard and its predecessor Moonrunners. The theme song "Good Ol' Boys", an original Jennings composition, is one of the most well-known television theme songs in American television history.[citation needed] He also made an appearance on Married... with Children and had a cameo role in the 1985 film Sesame Street presents Follow That Bird.

In the mid-1980s, Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson, Nelson, and Jennings formed a successful group called The Highwaymen. Aside from his work with The Highwaymen, highlights from his own career include WWII with Willie Nelson in 1982, Will The Wolf Survive in 1985, The Eagle in 1990 and Too Dumb For New York City, Too Ugly For L.A. in 1992.

During the early 1990s, Jennings became great friends with Metallica. He had also become very close to Metallica frontman James Hetfield and influenced some material for their 1996 album Load. In 2003, James Hetfield was featured on the tribute album I've Always Been Crazy: A Tribute To Waylon Jennings covering Jennings' 1978 song, "Don't You Think This Outlaw Bit's Done Got Out Of Hand?"

In 1998, he joined another country supergroup, Old Dogs, with Bobby Bare, Jerry Reed, Mel Tillis, and songwriter Shel Silverstein. They released one album, Old Dogs, recorded live in the studio.

Sometime during 2001, Jennings provided his voice in an episode of Family Guy during a Dukes of Hazzard parody. The episode was entitled To Live and Die in Dixie. The episode originally aired in November of that year. He also narrated a watch fight in an earlier episode, Chitty Chitty Death Bang.

Jennings suffered from diabetes. On December 19, 2001, his left foot was amputated in a Phoenix, Arizona, hospital due to infection arising from his diabetes. Then, on February 13, 2002, Jennings died in his sleep of diabetic complications at age 64 in Chandler, Arizona. He is interred in the Mesa City Cemetery, Mesa, Arizona.

On March 22, 2006, Jennings' mother Lorene Jennings died in Littlefield, TX.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 09:59 am
James Belushi

James "Jim" Belushi (born June 15, 1954) is an American film and television actor, and younger brother of the late John Belushi. Belushi currently stars in the sitcom According to Jim.

Career

From 1977 to 1980 Belushi, like his brother John, worked with the Chicago theater group The Second City. At one point, John called a director at Second City and instructed her that James was not to use any of John's old material[citation needed]. During this period, Belushi made his television debut in the 1978 flop Who's Watching the Kids and also had a microscopic part in Brian De Palma's The Fury.

His first significant role was in Michael Mann's Thief (1981). From 1983 to 1985 he appeared on Saturday Night Live, portraying characters such as Hank Rippy from "Hello, Trudy!", and "That White Guy."

Belushi rose to greater prominence with his supporting roles in About Last Night... and Salvador (both 1986) which opened up opportunities for lead roles. He has starred in films including Real Men (1987), The Principal (1987), Red Heat (1988), Homer and Eddie, K-9 (1989), Dimenticare Palermo (1989), Taking Care of Business (1990), Mr. Destiny (1990), Wild Palms (1993), Royce (1994), Race the Sun (1996), Retroactive (1997), and Angel's Dance (1999).

In 2001 the ABC situation comedy According to Jim premiered with Belushi as its star; the show remains on the air as of 2006 and has entered syndication.

His voice work includes The Mighty Ducks, Babes in Toyland, and Hey Arnold!, and the more recent Hoodwinked and The Wild.

In 2003, Belushi and fellow SNL alumnus Dan Aykroyd released the album Have Love, Will Travel, and participated in an accompaning tour. He also performs at various venues nationwide as Zee Blues in an updated version of The Blues Brothers.

Personal life

Belushi was born in Chicago, Illinois but grew up in nearby Wheaton. He is the third of four children of Adam Belushi, an Albanian immigrant who left his native Qytezë village in 1934 at the age of 15, and Agnes, who was born in the U.S., and whose parents were also Albanian immigrants[citation needed]. Belushi attended Southern Illinois University Carbondale and earned a degree in Speech and Theater Arts.

Belushi has married three times and has three children. He married his current wife Jennifer Sloan on May 2, 1998.

He recently had his first book released, Real Men Don't Apologize.

Trivia

On November 2, 2004 Belushi filed a lawsuit against actress and neighbor Julie Newmar[citation needed]. Belushi claimed that Newmar was trying to drive him from his home by blaring loud music directed at his home, bad-mouthing him to neighbors, and destroying his property. Newmar claims she is the victim of Belushi and has been suffering for many years, ever since he moved next-door to her. In February 2006[citation needed], the two announced they have settled their differences out-of-court, and Newmar has appeared in an episode of According to Jim referring to the feud.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 10:03 am
Helen Hunt

Helen Elizabeth Hunt (born June 15, 1963) is an Emmy and Academy Award-winning American actress.

Biography

Early life

Hunt was born in Culver City, California to Gordon Hunt, a half-Jewish film director, and Jane Novis, a Methodist photographer. The daughter of an acting coach, she showed interest in acting as a child. In the 1970s and 1980s, she appeared in a number of made-for-TV movies.

Career

Hunt began her career in the 1970s as a child actress. Her early roles included an appearance as Murray Slaughter's daughter on The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and a regular role in the television series Swiss Family Robinson. She appeared as a marijuana smoking classmate on an episode of The Facts of Life. She also memorably appeared as a young woman who, while on LSD, jumps out of a second story window, in an after school special.

In the 1990s, Hunt became well-known to television audiences as co-star of sitcom Mad About You with screen partner Paul Reiser, winning Emmy Awards for her performance in 1996, 1997, 1998, and 1999. By the end of the show in 1999, Hunt was the highest paid TV actress in history, earning $1 million per episode.

Hunt has also had a successful film career and has been in Hollywood movies such as Cast Away and the 1996 blockbuster Twister. After winning an Academy Award for Best Actress in 1998 for her performance in As Good as It Gets, she took time off from movie work to play Viola in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night at the Lincoln Center in New York City.

In 2000, Hunt returned to the screen in four films: Dr. T & the Women with Richard Gere, Pay It Forward with Kevin Spacey & Haley Joel Osment, What Women Want with Mel Gibson, and Cast Away with Tom Hanks. In 2003, she returned to Broadway in Yasmina Reza's Life x 3. She currently owns a production company with Connie Tavel, Hunt/Tavel Productions under Sony.

In 2006, Hunt will appear in the film Bobby, which is scheduled for a November 22 release. She is also scheduled to start filming Then She Found Me, with Woody Harrelson and Diane Keaton, which she will direct as well as star.

Hunt holds many awards records. She is the only actress to win a Golden Globe Award, an Academy Award and an Emmy Award in the same year (1998), the only actress to win four consecutive Emmys, and the only actress to win four Blockbuster Entertainment Awards.

Personal life

Hunt was married to actor Hank Azaria from 1999 until 2000. She has been in a relationship with Matthew Carnahan since 2001 and they have a daughter, Makena'lei Gordon Carnahan, born in 2004.[1]
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 10:09 am
Courteney Cox

Courteney Cox Arquette (born Courteney Bass Cox on June 15, 1964) is an American actress, best known for her role as Monica Geller in the long-running television series Friends.

Early life

Cox Arquette was born in Birmingham, Alabama to an affluent Southern family; her late father, Richard L. Cox, was a businessman and her mother, also named Courteney, was a housewife. Cox has two older sisters (Dottie Pickett and Virginia Cox), one older brother (Richard, Jr.) and nine half-brothers and half-sisters. Her parents divorced in 1974, and her father moved to Florida, while Cox grew up with her mother and her stepfather, New York businessman Hunter Copeland.

Cox was raised in an exclusive society town, Mountain Brook, Alabama. She attended Mountain Brook High School, where she was a cheerleader, tennis player and swimmer. Upon graduation, Cox went to study architecture and interior design at Mount Vernon College. She dropped out after one year to pursue a modeling career, after being signed by the Ford modeling agency in New York City. While modeling, she also took acting classes, and lost her Southern accent.

Career

Cox was the first person to use the word "period" on U.S. television in its physiological sense, in a 1985 advertising campaign for Tampax brand tampons. After coming to prominence in the 1984 music video for Bruce Springsteen's "Dancing in the Dark" (in which she became the pulled-on-stage-girl who danced onstage with Springsteen), she appeared in several theatrical films, including Masters of the Universe (1987) and Cocoon: The Return (1988).

Cox had a starring role in the short-lived television series, Misfits of Science (1985) and later had a recurring role (1987 - 1989) on the television series Family Ties.

Cox is best known for playing Monica Geller on the hit TV series Friends (1994 - 2004). She became the only principal member of the show's cast not to be nominated for an Emmy Award. After the show became successful, Cox appeared in several high-profile Hollywood films, including Scream (1996), Scream 2 (1997), Scream 3 (2000) and 3000 Miles to Graceland (2001). Prior to her success with Friends, she also appeared in the unexpectedly popular Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994).

In late 2003, Cox hosted her own television series, entitled Mix It Up. It was taped at her home and focused on dealing with a partner moving in and interior decoration. The show received low ratings and was not renewed for a second season.

In 2005, Cox starred in the independent film November, which had only a limited theatrical release, and appeared in the big budget remake of The Longest Yard, although she was uncredited. She has signed on to star in Dirt, a television drama for the FX Networks, in which she will play Lucy Spiller, a tabloid editor; Cox and her husband, David Arquette, will executive produce the series.[1]

Private life

Cox has dated agent Ian Copeland, singer Adam Duritz, and actor Michael Keaton. She met actor David Arquette on the set of Scream; the couple married on June 12, 1999 in an Episcopalian ceremony. While Cox has occasionally used her full married name, "Courteney Cox Arquette", professionally, she continues to be generally known simply as "Courteney Cox". On June 13, 2004, she gave birth to their first child, Coco Riley Arquette, a baby girl; her "Friends" co-star, Jennifer Aniston, is the baby's godmother. Reportedly, Cox initially wanted to name their child "Courteney," just as Cox herself was named after her mother; however, Arquette resisted this idea because his Jewish faith discourages naming children after living relatives. As a compromise, they agreed upon the name Coco, which was a nickname for Cox's mother.

In 1999, Cox underwent laser eye surgery to correct her vision, which was at "20/40".

In 2005, she donated money to the Natalee Holloway investigation, having attended the same high school as Holloway.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 10:18 am
Subject: Fund Raiser
Dear Friends and Relatives:

I have the distinguished honor of being on the committee to raise $5,000,000
for a monument of George W. Bush. We originally wanted to put him on Mt.
Rushmore until we discovered there was not enough room for two more faces.

We then decided to erect a statue of George in the Washington, D.C. Hall Of
Fame. We were in a quandary as to where the statue should be placed. It was
not proper to place it beside the statue of George Washington, who never
told a lie, or beside Richard Nixon, who never told the truth, since George
could never tell the difference.

We finally decided to place it beside Christopher Columbus, the greatest
Republican of them all. He left not knowing where he was going, and when he
got there he did not know where he was. He returned not knowing where he had
been, and did it all on someone else's money.

Thank you.

The George W. Bush Monument Committee

P.S. The Committee has so far raised $1.35
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 10:25 am
Jim Brickman
"Simple Things" Lyrics

Hey, time won't wait
Life goes by
Every day's a brand new sky
Every tear
Comes to dry
All that really matters in this crazy world
Is you and I together, baby
Just remember

The first leaves off the tree
The way you look at me
A thousand chiming church bells ring
The simple things are free
The sun, the moon, the stars
The beating of two hearts
How I love the simple things
The simple things just are

So here we go
Let's just dance
Teach my soul to take this chance
Put my heart
In your hands
Out of all the moments that we leave behind
Turn around and tell me baby
We'll remember

The thunder and the rain
The way you say my name
After all the clouds go by
The simple things remain
How I love the simple things

Oh, the ocean and the sky
The way we feel tonight
I know that it's the love that brings
The simple things to life
I love the way the simple things
I love the way the simple things
The simple things
Just are
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 11:36 am
Thanks again to our Bio man in Boston for all the info on famous folks. Love the Bush funny, hawkman.

butterfly, your song is lovely, and I wish things were more simple, honey. I'm afraid that dealing with corp. giants is not simple at all. Wish I had a slingshot. <smile>
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 12:04 pm
Some things that have been hanging over my life for a while have recently been cleared up, so pardon me for a moment while I wallow in my triumph.

Happy Days Are Here Again
Lyrics by Jack Yellen and music by Milton Ager

Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
So let's sing a song of cheer again
Altogether shout it now
There's no one
Who can doubt it now
So let's tell the world about it now

Altogether shout it now
There's no one
Who can doubt it now

Your cares and troubles are gone
There'll be no more from now on

Altogether shout it now
There's no one
Who can doubt it now

So long sad times
Pull along bad times
We are rid of you at last
Howdy gay times
Cloudy gray times
You are now a thing of the past

Altogether shout it now
There's no one
Who can doubt it now

Your cares and troubles are gone
There'll be no more from now on

The skies above are here again
So, Let's sing a song of cheer again
Happy times
Happy nights
Happy days
Are here again!

It's a bit optimistic, but hey, right now, so am I. Smile
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 12:26 pm
Ah, Arthur, that song was the campaign song for Franklin D. Roosevelt. Did you know that? Barbra Streisand did it as a slow ballad which made it a paradox.

Nothing is better than having a good day, I think. We share your good feelings, my friend.

It is interesting to me that the last war declared by congress was WWII, and that there hasn't been one campaign song since that time. Does anyone realize the propaganda that music provides?

This one from WWI:

Till We Meet Again

There's a song in the land of the lily,
Each sweetheart has heard with a sigh.
Over high garden walls this sweet echo falls
As a soldier boy whispers goodbye:

Smile the while you kiss me sad adieu
When the clouds roll by I'll come to you.
Then the skies will seem more blue,
Down in Lover's Lane, my dearie.

Wedding bells will ring so merrily
Ev'ry tear will be a memory.
So wait and pray each night for me
Till we meet again.

Tho' goodbye means the birth of a tear drop,
Hello means the birth of a smile.
And the smile will erase the tear blighting trace,
When we meet in the after awhile.

Smile the while you kiss me sad adieu
When the clouds roll by I'll come to you
Then the skies will seem more blue
Down in Lover's Lane, my dearie,

Wedding bells will ring so merrily
Ev'ry tear will be a memory
So wait and pray each night for me
Till we meet again.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 12:36 pm
Letty wrote:
Ah, Arthur, that song was the campaign song for Franklin D. Roosevelt. Did you know that?

No, I didn't. It's certainly an upbeat song for the campaign trail, though.

To go with your WWI song, here's one from WWII.

"We Did It Before (And We Can Do It Again)"
Performed by Carl Hoff and his Orchestra
Vocals by The Murphy Sisters
Written by Charles Tobias and Cliff Friend

December seventh nineteen-hundred and forty-one
Our land of freedom was defied
December eighth nineteen-hundred and forty-one
Uncle Sam replied.
We did it before and we can do it again
And we will do it again
We've got a heck of a job to do
But you can bet we'll see it thru.
And we will do it again
We're one for all and all for one
They'll get a licking before we're done
Millions of voices are ringing
Singing as we march along
And we will do it again
We'll knock them over and then we'll get the guy in back of them
We did it before, we'll do it again

And we will do it again, we'll take the nip out of Nipponese
and chase them back to the cherry trees
And we will do it again
When we get going and start to click
We'll put the ax in the axis quick
And we will do it again
This country never has lost a war since days of William Penn
We did it before, we'll do it again

And we will do it again
And even though it may take a year
or two or five or ten
We did it before, we'll do it all over again
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 12:49 pm
Right on, Arthur:

From the Civil war and patterned after the Irish song, "Johnny we hardly knew ye."

Songs Lyrics

When Johnny comes marching home again Lyrics

When Johnny comes marching home again,
Hurrah! Hurrah!
We'll give him a hearty welcome then,
Hurrah! Hurrah!
The men will cheer, the boys will shout,
The ladies, they will dance about,
And we'll all be there,
When Johnny comes marching home!

The old church bells will peal with joy,
Hurrah! Hurrah!
To welcome home that daring boy,
Hurrah! Hurrah!
The village lads and lassies, they
Will scatter roses by the way,
And we'll all be there,

Get ready for the jubilee,
Hurrah! Hurrah!
We'll give the hero three times three,
Hurrah! Hurrah!
The laurel wreath is ready now
To place upon his loyal brow,
And we'll all be there,

Father's Day in the U.S. is coming up, and we'll wait to give that tribute.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 04:20 pm
Well, we have been playing around, folks, on the picture places and neglected to continue our songs:

Artist/Band: Campbell Glen

Lyrics for Song: Galveston
Lyrics for Album: Very Best of Glen Campbell

Galveston, oh Galveston, I still hear your sea winds blowin'
I still see her dark eyes glowin'
She was 21 when I left Galveston

Galveston, oh Galveston, I still hear your sea waves crashing
While I watch the cannons flashing
I clean my gun and dream of Galveston

I still see her standing by the water
Standing there lookin' out to sea
And is she waiting there for me?
On the beach where we used to run

Galveston, oh Galveston, I am so afraid of dying
Before I dry the tears she's crying
Before I watch your sea birds flying in the sun
At Galveston, at Galveston
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 04:33 pm
Good afternoon, I see I have some catching up to do.
All We Really Wanna Do
Status Quo Lyrics

I thought it over in a quiet room
What about it, what about the dream
Of the future, looking much better
Wonder what is on the other side
When we get there, if we do make it
Better than it was before

I think about it, would we be the same
Working at it, will we fall again
For the same lines and the same reasons
Would we let them take us for a ride
By the next time and the time after
Won't be any time at all
No there won't be any time at all

'Cos all we really wanna do is what we wanna do and do it all the day
But we never ever think about it, life goes on and love gets in the way
Everybody does the same old thing and goes ahead and does it anyway

Write a letter to a magazine
Talk about it, talk about the dream
Of the future, looking much better
Wonder what is on the other side
By the next time and the time after
Won't be any time at all
No there won't be any time at all

'Cos all we really wanna do is what we wanna do and do it all the day
All we really wanna do is what we wanna do and do it all the day
All we really wanna do is what we wanna do and do it all the day
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 04:46 pm
Y'all are gettin' too serious around here. Let's lighten up.

How 'bout this one from Sheryl Crow...

ALL I WANNA DO

"All I wanna do is have a little fun before I die,"
Says the man next to me out of nowhere
It's apropos of nothing
He says his name's William but I'm sure
He's Bill or Billy or Mac or Buddy
And he's plain ugly to me
And I wonder if he's ever had a day of fun in his whole life
We are drinking beer at noon on Tuesday
In a bar that faces a giant car wash
The good people of the world are washing their cars
On their lunch break, hosing and scrubbing
As best they can in skirts in suits

They drive their shiny Datsuns and Buicks
Back to the phone company, the record store too
Well, they're nothing like Billy and me, cause

[Chorus]
All I wanna do is have some fun
I got a feeling I'm not the only one
I got a feeling I'm not the only one
Until the sun comes up over Santa Monica Boulevard

I like a good beer buzz early in the morning
And Billy likes to peel the labels
From his bottles of Bud
He shreds them on the bar
Then he lights every match in an oversized pack
Letting each one burn down to his thick fingers
before blowing and cursing them out
And he's watching the bottles of Bud as they spin on the floor

And a happy couple enters the bar
Dangerously close to one another
The bartender looks up from his want ads

Chorus

Otherwise the bar is ours,
The day and the night and the car wash too
The matches and the Buds and the clean and dirty cars
The sun and the moon but

Chorus
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 04:57 pm
Well, Try and Eva, you're right. Let's be mean.

Gonna Get Along Without Ya Now
Teresa Brewer
Music and Lyrics by Milton Kellom

Got along without ya before I met ya
Gonna get along without ya now.
Gonna find somebody twice as cute
Cause ya didnt love me anyhow.
You ran around with evry girl in town
And ya never cared if it got me down.
You had me worried always on my guard.
But ya laughed at me cause I tried so hard.
Boom, boom. Boom, boom.
Boom, boom. Boom, boom.

Got along without ya before I met ya
Gonna find somebody twice as cute
Cause ya didnt love me anyhow.
I lost my money and I lost my pride
Didnt have much money, but I really tried.
It made you happy when you made me cry.
And ya broke my heart so I said goodbye.
Boom, boom. Boom, boom.
Boom, boom. Boom, boom.

How's that! Razz
0 Replies