Australian Hunting Opportunity

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 04:39 pm
Blood trails are what you follow when you bowhunt, in order to find your kill. It refers to tracking skills.

This is a picture of Bob Munger and Fred Bear in Alaska, about 40 years ago. Bob was a family friend. Fred became Ted Nugent's mentor.

http://ns1.bowsite.org/kustom-king/images/books/trailing-bear.jpg

Fred is widely regarded as perhaps the finest bowhunter that ever lived.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 04:43 pm
I worry about you msolga, some people have just gotten so far out of touch with where their food comes from. Here in northern CA, the liberal "foodies" who have preached organics over the years are starting to wake up to hunting as a way to provide a natural, organic food source. Compare it to factory farming for example.

The picture is of someone who has worked hard to be the best they can be. A picture of a great accomplishment. I mean, it's hard to hunt anything with a bow, you have to really work at it to be good (which is why I currently don't). Here's a person who's preaching to the masses go get back in touch with the ecosystem in which they live, to get out of the sanitized world we've created, to learn to provide for themselves. I commend him, he carries on the spirit of the wild.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 04:54 pm
Laughing Piffka
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 04:56 pm
No need for your worry, cjhsa. I grew up on a farm. I know where meat comes from. Perhaps, to put it politely, I don't find Ted's culture attractive.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 04:58 pm
The culture of kill it and grill it? Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 05:02 pm
Nah, the whole culture. I don't like it at all. So shoot me! Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 05:03 pm
Not sure what you are referring to.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 05:09 pm
Oh well, another time, maybe .... Right now I'd just like to check out the New Posts. Tired this morning, sorry.
0 Replies