Smart or Attractive?

paulaj

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 03:15 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Actually, I have a thing for smart men who've had their noses broken. So - smart, and beat up lookin' for me.

I know what you mean. A guy that you can talk to but can also take a punch! That's cute.

I like a guy who can put on a suit if need be and not complain to much, but also dosen't mind working in the yard and getting filthy.
Namby pamby just would not do for me.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 03:32 pm
paulaj wrote:
...god in bed...

Now there's a Freudian slip if ever I've seen one.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 03:33 pm
Nice catch George! Didn't even see it.

<oh God-oh- Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd> hehehehe
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 03:41 pm
Don't change it, paulaj! That's just what I want, too...a god in bed. (Would have to be pretty smart to pull off that act, wouldn't he? hehhehheh)
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 03:44 pm
YES! But oh, what fun!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 03:44 pm
ehBeth wrote:
I pick Slappy. He's got it all. Almost. The innocence is gonna be his downfall.quote]

That's right. If only I wasn't so naive and innocent...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 03:49 pm
Eva wrote:
That's just what I want, too...a god in bed.

You mean you want someone who will send down his son to do all the dirty work while he hovers above, watching? Shocked
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 03:52 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
I pick Slappy. He's got it all. Almost. The innocence is gonna be his downfall.quote]

That's right. If only I wasn't so naive and innocent...

I've seen your score.
Innocent.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1043592#1043592
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 03:52 pm
Um, no, kicky...

Er, maybe....

<thinking>
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 03:53 pm
George wrote:
paulaj wrote:
...god in bed...

Hahaha....

Paula, re-edit that back to its original. It's priceless.

By the way, which god? "The God" or a lowercase god?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 03:55 pm
EhBeth, I know what you mean about smart and beat up looking. A broken nose adds wonderful character to a man and the smarts adds interest no matter what the situation.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 03:55 pm
Sorry ehBeth, we can't all be as sexually fufilled as you. Having orgies by the time we were 12, and what not.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 04:02 pm
My score was "only" 53% and I wouldn't call myself innocent. Incredibly childlike at times, but not innocent.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 04:04 pm
Thread crossover above.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 04:50 pm
Cinnesthesia wrote:
George wrote:
paulaj wrote:
...god in bed...

Hahaha....

Paula, re-edit that back to its original. It's priceless.

By the way, which god? "The God" or a lowercase god?

O.K. re-edit complete. It is priceless isn't it. I wonder if I can find a man to live up to those standards?

BTW, I should have typed that in " Upper" case.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 12:36 pm
Diane wrote:
EhBeth, I know what you mean about smart and beat up looking. A broken nose adds wonderful character to a man and the smarts adds interest no matter what the situation.

I just punched myself in the face. This better work, damnit.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 01:12 am
Cinnesthesia wrote:
A related question:

If you had to choose, would you prefer your spouse or partner "smart" or "attractive"? Not talking about flings, but about long term relationships or marriage.

I had a girlfriend for three years who was very pretty and very sweet - the girl that makes any family member go, "she's so sweet", every guy take a shot just to see if she's really "attached" to you or if they perhaps still have a chance, and every uncle go nudge, nudge, wink, wink, "you did well, eh?" . Both sweet and pretty was very nice. I'd rate sweet/kind higher than beautiful, but the beautiful sure was pleasant too.

But truth be told, she wasnt very smart. Or smart perhaps but not so very intelligent. Well, definitely no intellectual, lets put it that way. And it did get kind of exasperating after a while never being able to have like ... a good conversation about something. We could have good conversations about, you know, people we knew/met, stuff we did, our own feelings and things - but not about anything beyond, like - us. That got kindof ... narrow, I mean the world became a little narrow. If I wanted to bring anything up, I'd need to explain it first. In simple terms. Got a bit frustrated and I sometimes became a little impatient, which wasnt very nice of me because she couldnt help it either. Also not a lot of ambition, like - always dreaming about some plan or other but then dropping it again, never like - willing to actually put some real work in it - kinda like you feel she'd be just as happy being at home with the kids in the end. And I'm guessing thats how she ended up too - a few years after we split up she met some doctor or dentist or physiotherapist or something, bit older I believe, moved in with each other quite soon (like, within half a year or something).

So, I dunno. I cant imagine having a girlfriend whom I dont consider really beautiful ... I mean, I once had a gf I didnt think was very beautiful, and I gotta say, its probably not the polite thing to say, but it makes a real difference in, like, daily happiness ... oh yeah. But you definitely gotta be able to talk about stuff, too. And both are trumped by imagination and a kind heart. A wicked streak is cool, but kindness is underrated, and definitely bottomline.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 09:17:29