Haircuts now going for $800 in NYC

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 03:04 pm
Considering that I pay 7 € (= $ 9.30 at today's exchange rate) ...

Quote:
November 21, 2004
You Paid How Much for That Haircut?

Source: NYT
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,077 • Replies: 12
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 03:10 pm
I read that article. Bizarre.
0 Replies

Femcop

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:43 am
I have it for free
The barber at my work in keeps my hair out of my ears ,collar and forehead.He chops it once a month,and for free.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:45 am
Quote:
And I don't think what they are looking for can be found in a pair of scissors.

Deeeep...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:51 am
Quote:
"I know women who spend $400 on a pair of shoes they wear once," Ms. Bensimon said. "Why not spend $600 on a haircut that lasts for six months and turns a nobody into a somebody?"

Number 1, the kind of person who gets an $800- haircut is not going to wait six months to get another one.

Number2- Anyone who thinks that a haircut "turns a nobody into a somebody" has her priorities all screwed up.

I don't think that Ms. Bensimon is someone that I would want to know!
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:56 am
Probably "the story of this human has no interest"
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 10:44 am
$800 hair cut in NYC, but half that gets the whole head delivered in Chicago.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 03:40 pm
We have a famous footballer called David Beckham who plays for England and in fairness to him he IS good, but add that to being married to a spice girl "posh spice" he and his wife are in the news every bloody day.

A while ago Beckham turns out one day sporting a "shaved head" for which the dimwit paid £300 ($550) for, you can get the same thing in any barbershop in Britain for £4 ($7)

As some New Yorkers say "Go figure"
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 03:48 pm
Well, he is rather good.

And he lives (part time, I think) in Beckingham Palace, Sawbridge, Herts (which I passed a couple of times).
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 04:11 pm
When I lived in Boston as a college student, I used to go to this high end placed called "John Delaria" (sp?). It was on par with a Vidal Sassoon salon. I paid $20 for a great cut, always looked good, and only had to cut my hair about three times over a 9-month period. It was expensive for a starving college student, but hey, it made it easier to get laid. Wink

Now I go to a $10 Supercuts kinda place and rarely do I get a decent haircut. But there isn't anyplace around here that does a great job for even $20. You are looking at $75 minimum of the kind of haircut I got back in Boston.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 05:52 pm
Quote:
$800 hair cut in NYC, but half that gets the whole head delivered in Chicago.

We also giftwrap if the occasion calls for it. Cool
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 05:58 pm
I ended up with a great deal for hair cuts. I helped my friend completely gut his kitchen. Then put up new drywall, pull wires, cainets, etc... in eight days so they could move in. Well his wife works at one of those 60 dollar a haircut places. She told me to come in any time I want and no charge ever. She won't even accept a tip (I try every time).
0 Replies

KYN2000

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 12:36 am
When a woman pays $800.00 for a "haircut", and Beckam pays $550.00 to have his head shaved: these people are not paying for scissors and razors to cut their hair!

They are paying for (and attempting to be a part of)..... celebrity.

Most of them already have attained that goal. And are just staying in the bold print press, to maintain that status.

They also are paying to rent space on a seat that costs the person who actually cuts the hair, a lot of money. And this "haircutter" has an agent who knows how things are done.

The non celibrity folk who have money to burn, and also will pay this price to have scissors cut their non celebrity hair, are attempting to rub shoulders with people among who they will never really be a part of.

But they will spend whatever money it takes to try to associate themselves with....."fame".

And..... life is short.
0 Replies