Healing Husker @ Home

husker

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 08:14 am
ahh thanks guys!! appreciate your comments as I just settle in for another dose - my eyea are blurry today - lol
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 08:34 pm
Dropping by to amplify the well wishes.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 11:14 am
thinkin' of the big galoot every day

((((((((((( big galoot ))))))))))
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 03:35 pm
I'm interested in what is going on with your eyes. Have you had your eye pressure checked?

Signed,
eyedrop girl
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 03:50 pm
I think it was early morning sleepy.
I'm just home and from my GP - they are very please with everything!!! Said I can start walking now - when I have time between the IV's - just pace myself then get home and elevate leg.
ok to cust back on the waterpills by 30%

IN 1/2hour I'm off to the sleep doctor soon as this IV finishes that I'm on now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 05:59 pm
Yo, dude.
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 06:29 pm
That's great, husker!
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 11:40 pm
husker...

Have you been able to try out walking on your leg, yet? If so, how's it going? Let us know when you get a chance, okay...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 12:00 am
Matrix500 wrote:
husker...

Have you been able to try out walking on your leg, yet? If so, how's it going? Let us know when you get a chance, okay...

not yet exercise wise to much snow - but doctores said excercise then get leg up
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 12:14 am
Yeah, snow probably wouldn't be a good idea to try walking in...(how much did you get? we've just had tons of rain here). Still, it sounds like things are slowly improving, and any improvement re this leg of yours is definitely something to celebrate!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 08:16 am
horrible night last night about 11:00pm noticed my calf swelled some - and had real problem sleeping - laid in bed until 2:00am worring then on and off sleep until 45 minutes ago - I'm a wreck.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 09:21 am
husker, exactly what is the diagnosis concerning your illness? If you have told us here, I have forgotten.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 09:43 am
staph infection - no cellitous(sp?)

the cellular part of my skin tissue is fragile and still messed up even though there are no lesions\ulcers or sores - that's why it swells and has fluid (edema) build up so easy - right now my foot hurts (it's elevated)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 09:52 am
My God, husker. That's right. I recall now. How ironic that the place we pick up staph is from the hospital. Can you describe your reference to "cellitous"?
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 05:16 pm
husker wrote:
horrible night last night about 11:00pm noticed my calf swelled some - and had real problem sleeping - laid in bed until 2:00am worring then on and off sleep until 45 minutes ago - I'm a wreck.

husker...
I'm so sorry that your leg is giving you more problems.

I don't want to sound preachy (although I know I'm going to, so, I'm sorry...), but if this kind of problem happens again, will you pulleeeze contact your doctor right away. Don't go back to sleep until you talk to him/her about your symptoms first. When my dad had this, it could go from being okay one minute to very un-ok the next. We kinda like having you and your leg around here and want you both to be well, so humor us and have your doctor check it out if you haven't or aren't doing that already.

Please come back and give us an update on how you're doing when you get the chance to. We're all hoping everything is okay and we all care about you.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 05:24 pm
update - we're just in a watch and wait and see - watch for more edema and or fever - and keep elevated
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 05:36 pm
Okay...

We'll watch and wait with you...and, your leg. Tell it it can't go out and walk in the snow until it starts behaving better. :wink:

Like Letty, I was curious what cellitous is? Could you fill us in? Thanks.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 05:59 pm
Cellulitis

Quote:
Cellulitis is an acute inflammation of the connective tissue of the skin, caused by infection with staphylococcus, streptococcus or other bacteria (see also cellulitis - streptococcal).

Quote:
Risk factors for cellulitis include:

Insect bites and stings, animal bite, or human bite
Injury or trauma with a break in the skin (skin wounds)
History of peripheral vascular disease
Diabetes-related or ischemic ulcers
Recent cardiovascular, pulmonary (lung), dental or other procedures
Use of immunosuppressive or corticosteroid medications

Quote:
Cellulitis treatment may require hospitalization if it is severe enough to warrant intravenous antibiotics and close observation. At other times, treatment with oral antibiotics and close outpatient follow-up is enough. Treatment is focused on control of the infection and prevention of complications.

Antibiotics are given to control infection, and analgesics may be needed to control pain.

Quote:
Cure is possible with 7 to 10 days of treatment. Cellulitis may be more severe in people with chronic diseases and people who are susceptible to infection (immunosuppressed).

immunosuppressed me - we think goes along with the asthma and ears ringing,
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 06:07 pm
I'm not but it seems to be looming around the corner diabetes
I've been asked and tested a jillion times -history in family - yes Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 06:29 pm
Watching over you, H. dat's zol Ah kin do.

Joe
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 06:49:11