Healing Husker @ Home

Letty

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 10:01 am
Eva,

<< Antimicrobial Resistance
MRSA - Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) is a type of bacteria that is resistant to certain antibiotics. These antibiotics include methicillin and other more common antibiotics such as oxacillin, penicillin and amoxicillin. Staph infections, including MRSA, occur most frequently among persons in hospitals and healthcare facilities (such as nursing homes and dialysis centers) who have weakened immune systems.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 10:37 am
Thanks, Letty.

So "MRSA" is one type of staph infection, then?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 11:43 am
Yes, Eva. And that's why our Husker keeps getting sick. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 08:31 am
Doing well today still have the migraine but it's in a managable state and the fever blister - stings.........
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 07:36 pm
At least it'll keep your mind off your leg!

(Sorry, bad joke.)

Good to hear you're doing okay. Hope you're getting lots of rest. Hang in there, big fella.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 07:44 pm
Checking in, always lurking about, wringing hands, sending out a sunrise drive vibe...

j
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 08:09 pm
Yo, Husker. I don't say much, but I hope you know my thoughts and good wishes are with you.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 10:27 pm
IN the past 24 hours I had heard of 2 possible cures

some medication only available in Canada waiting for name
use of special lighting
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 05:25 am
Tell ya what. Well sneak you over the border in some laundry. We get you the Canajun stuff and get you cured.
Another drive-by wish that youd whup this thing, damn youve got patience .
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 10:21 am
patience comes with a cost
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 05:10 pm
Doesn't it, though.

What's the "special lighting" thing about?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 07:35 pm
Eva wrote:
What's the "special lighting" thing about?

I don't know yet some about a light with different color light waves????
Someone is supposed to be getting back to me.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 11:51 am
Doc says - I'm here at home until about the 21st.
Feeling good - leg not looking so good, need body to get busy flushing leftover blood out of leg.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 07:30 pm
Or leeches.

Seriously, fascinating article about them in the New Yorker last week.

Aw, can't find it online. This paragraph is the best I can do -- hope it appears somewhere eventually.

Quote:
The next, and final article is all about the comeback, in modern medicine, of leeches. Anybody with even a smattering of historical study under her belt knows that leeches were the bane of pre-modern medicine, often making patients worse rather than better. But according to John Colapinto, writing in "Bloodsuckers," ever since the discovery, in 1884, of the first natural anti-coagulant substance ever discovered, in the saliva of Hirudo medicinalis, the leech has enjoyed scientific, if not medical, interest. The medical interest kicked in in 1985, when a Boston surgeon had to cope somehow with a child's outer ear that he had successfully reattached, only to watch it darken with congested blood. A mad and surreptitious scramble for leeches saved the day, and, ever since, leeches have been the handmaidens (and the handymen - they're hermaphroditic) of microsurgery. They bring an incomparable array of complex wonder drugs to the healing of re-connected veins and healing joints. (They may even be approved for the treatment of osteoarthritic knees - just in time for me!)

http://www.portifex.com/DailyBlague/archives/2005/07/new_yorker_roun.html
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 07:40 pm
Leeches have been used of late to treat a variety of health issues.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 07:45 pm
yep, even hockey teams use 'em.

don't believe me?
check it out...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 10:30 pm
I read the article, gee, I am almost caught up, but you're right it might apply for husker.

Well, one of us can email him the article, but is it really offline already?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 11:15 pm
LEECHES?!?!?

Man, I bet that'll shut Husker up! I bet he'll NEVER come here looking for comfort and sympathy again!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 11:25 pm
Speaking as a girl who freaked with leeches at her ankles at Lake Tomahawk (I didn't think to question the name then, but, trust me, I do now -) Wisconsin.

But yeh, that article was quite interesting.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 08:49 am
You and I have some differences in what we consider "quite interesting," Osso. I would have said disgusting.

Put that leech down, Husker! You don't know where it's been!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 01:44:05