Do you hate P.E.T.A. ?

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 12:25 pm
I for one hate them because they turned from hippies to freakin insane maniacs!!! Do you?

also go to the peta or the food chain forum (its a pretty good forum).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,007 • Replies: 26
No top replies

manly meat

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 12:27 pm
Also...
also go to my new topic "women shouldent be able to kick men"
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 12:40 pm
Well, I do think PETA are maniacs, but I don't agree with your other theory. I just posted there.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 12:42 pm
Interesting theory: Not eating meat turns hippies homicidal. Or something like that.

Or did I miss something?
0 Replies

manly meat

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 12:54 pm
ok cavinfancer or whatever stop taking the fun outta my threads and peta sucks piriod
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 04:21 pm
I simply don't understand the concept that to be manly you need to torture or support the torture of animals.

I think one thing forgotten by many in this country (many many Christians for instance) that domain does not mean free reign.

I think at time that Peta seems silly - but our slaughter methods in America are only there for speed and efficiency.

Do we really need 8 million patties of burger today - or can we slow down - treat the animals more humanely and be the humans that we are?

I think that all animals are good inherently - and I think they should be treated as such. Thus, we can still eat them (like a Lion eats what it kills) but respect enough to eat what you take - and don't be torturesome if you don't need to be.

TTF

p.s. I didn't make fun of your thread - but I think in a philosophical debate forum - an opinion vote thread is silly. I could open with: who likes green? - but it should not be confused with philosophy.
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 10:39 pm
I'm mostly disappointed in the fanatical way that PETA has been presenting their point of view in the past few years. Unfortunately, they've turned a lot of people off to a good message.
0 Replies

Ghostcat

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 12:00 am
PETA is no longer helpful
PETA's main objective, which they don't talk about often, is the return of all animals to thier natural environments. This means dogs, cats, fish, everything. Their goal is to cease "ownership", and they tote "guardianship" of animals in courts so that they can more easilly attack animal owners through legal means.

Does anyone here really understand the difference of terms here? If you own your dog, its property. Yes, you own it, but you have to treat your dog right. If we become "guardians" of our dogs, we could be walking along, and any stranger can tell the cops you hit your dog, and they will take it from you, no questions asked. The dog will be put in a shelter for holding, possibly euthinized before you can sort out the situation (it happens a lot more than people realize).

Also, PETA is against me doing my job. I'm a dog trainer. I change the behavior of the dog so that the people can live with it in peace, but because I use training collars (in their words, tools of torture) I'm sent death threats in the mail. It doesn't matter what function the collar has, or if it simulates a mother dogs correction to a puppy... its torture no matter who uses it.

Just recently I've heard of thier new drive to stop people from eating fish. FISH. This is something the Department of Health says you should eat twice a week! Because fish are sensitive, intelligent creatures. I know their smart, but thats no reason to go vegan.

Their goals are incompatible with todays world, and so to survive they have no choice but to become extremists. That is my opinion, and sorry for the rant.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 12:14 am
Re: PETA is no longer helpful
Ghostcat wrote:
PETA's main objective, which they don't talk about often, is the return of all animals to thier natural environments. This means dogs, cats, fish, everything. Their goal is to cease "ownership", and they tote "guardianship" of animals in courts so that they can more easilly attack animal owners through legal means.

Does anyone here really understand the difference of terms here? If you own your dog, its property. Yes, you own it, but you have to treat your dog right. If we become "guardians" of our dogs, we could be walking along, and any stranger can tell the cops you hit your dog, and they will take it from you, no questions asked. The dog will be put in a shelter for holding, possibly euthinized before you can sort out the situation (it happens a lot more than people realize).

Also, PETA is against me doing my job. I'm a dog trainer. I change the behavior of the dog so that the people can live with it in peace, but because I use training collars (in their words, tools of torture) I'm sent death threats in the mail. It doesn't matter what function the collar has, or if it simulates a mother dogs correction to a puppy... its torture no matter who uses it.

Just recently I've heard of thier new drive to stop people from eating fish. FISH. This is something the Department of Health says you should eat twice a week! Because fish are sensitive, intelligent creatures. I know their smart, but thats no reason to go vegan.

Their goals are incompatible with todays world, and so to survive they have no choice but to become extremists. That is my opinion, and sorry for the rant.

Rant appreciated. No need to be sorry for your opinions whatsoever! Smile

Can you just imagine how literally a "dog eat dog" world it would be if we just turned loose all of natures animals and let them fend for themselves?
Lions and tigers and bears...Oh my!!
0 Replies

val

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 04:20 am
Lady K

The natural environment of a cow, from my perspective, is on a plate, in the a form of a beef-steak. If PETA agrees to that, I am with PETA.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 09:07 am
I think guardianship is more like it because I think humans flatter themselves when they call thier dog 'property'.

This goes back to a thread in the spirituality section of A2K where I said that Americans (the most of which are Christians) have confused the concept Domain with Ownership.

Domain, in my translation, does not mean to tread upon it means to rule over. Rule over has never meant torture. I agree that man should eat protien based organisms - it is not just biblical but evolutionary - but we shouldn't torture them.

PETA's source is good - stop torturing animals - but like all beliefs in thier extreme seem silly.

TTF
0 Replies

manly meat

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 02:11 pm
thethinkfactory wrote:
I simply don't understand the concept that to be manly you need to torture or support the torture of animals.

I think one thing forgotten by many in this country (many many Christians for instance) that domain does not mean free reign.

I think at time that Peta seems silly - but our slaughter methods in America are only there for speed and efficiency.

Do we really need 8 million patties of burger today - or can we slow down - treat the animals more humanely and be the humans that we are?

I think that all animals are good inherently - and I think they should be treated as such. Thus, we can still eat them (like a Lion eats what it kills) but respect enough to eat what you take - and don't be torturesome if you don't need to be.

TTF

p.s. I didn't make fun of your thread - but I think in a philosophical debate forum - an opinion vote thread is silly. I could open with: who likes green? - but it should not be confused with philosophy.

oh my freakin god are you a hippie or are you not thats what i wanna know, so dont gimmie a big long retarded thread i wont read got that?
0 Replies

manly meat

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 02:12 pm
thethinkfactory wrote:
I think guardianship is more like it because I think humans flatter themselves when they call thier dog 'property'.

This goes back to a thread in the spirituality section of A2K where I said that Americans (the most of which are Christians) have confused the concept Domain with Ownership.

Domain, in my translation, does not mean to tread upon it means to rule over. Rule over has never meant torture. I agree that man should eat protien based organisms - it is not just biblical but evolutionary - but we shouldn't torture them.

PETA's source is good - stop torturing animals - but like all beliefs in thier extreme seem silly.

i awnset with the same one i said before.
TTF
0 Replies

manly meat

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 02:14 pm
Matrix500 wrote:
I'm mostly disappointed in the fanatical way that PETA has been presenting their point of view in the past few years. Unfortunately, they've turned a lot of people off to a good message.

thaaaaank you i want to see threads against those insane hippies.
0 Replies

manly meat

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 02:15 pm
Ghostcat wrote:

woah, death threats? you should sue for those things...
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 05:13 pm
Manly Meat: The philosopher in me wants to call your arguments pure ad hominem.

The Marine in me wants to shut your cock holster for you.

I would choose the latter but I won't succumb to internet thugery like a tough guy like you does - Where threats coming from anonymity mean little.

I guess you can take that any way you like it (it seems befitting of your style) - you little, little man.

TTF
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 06:57 pm
thethinkfactory wrote:
Manly Meat: The philosopher in me wants to call your arguments pure ad hominem.

The Marine in me wants to shut your cock holster for you.

I would choose the latter but I won't succumb to internet thugery like a tough guy like you does - Where threats coming from anonymity mean little.

I guess you can take that any way you like it (it seems befitting of your style) - you little, little man.

TTF

Laughing TTF, brilliant post, and you are indeed the bigger man. No ****, you're a marine?
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 07:18 pm
Yes I am. I was in for four years and my unit is in Fallujah right now - for the second time. I pray for those brothers.

They always thought me a little of a conundrum. A Marine who wanted to be a Philosophy Prof. But the cool thing about it - was that they were always respectful of it - they might not have got it - but they were willing to die to defend my dream to be it.

This brings me back to PETA. I have much less problem killing a man - whose intent is poor - than an animal - who has no intent other than to live and for the most part please humans.

TF
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 07:51 pm
I have nothing but respect for the military, even though my feelings about the US government may be somewhat left of center.

My feelings towards killing animals is pretty close to the Native American/Canadian idea that you only eat an animal that a. has willingly given up it's soul to you and b. that you honour it's death through praise. For me, as a chef, this means no factory meat, all free-range, or from farmers I know and trust. I do not want to eat or serve any animal that has not been treated well during it's life on earth.

I will never be a vegetarian, but I do appreciate your thoughts, especially as regards 'domain', or what I have called 'stewardship' on another thread, rather than 'dominion'. I agree with your assesment of the confusion of terms there.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 08:05 pm
Cav: I am left of center as well - I have a tough time with the current feeling that America cannot support its troops without supporting its president.

That is like saying that I cannot enjoy the idea of a sword because I must too enjoy the man whose arm has swung it.

But I digress... back to the topic at hand.

TF
0 Replies