Would you become immortal, if you had the choice?

JLNobody

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 06:07 pm
It would be ideal if the only way we could die is by voluntary suicide.
0 Replies

mermaid999girl

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 07:52 am
I would love to be immortal! Get to see humanity destory itself and be able to laugh at it! Lol, so my answer is yes I would become immortal if I could Smile *insert evil laugh here*
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 01:21 pm
@Taliesin181,
Taliesin181 wrote:
if you had the option of becoming immortal, would you?
I'm talking about the kind of immortality where you are eternally young, but still vulnerable to harm.
If your choice is yes, what would you do with it?
We R immortal; we just molt, like lobsters.

David
0 Replies

V3rita5

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 05:13 pm
Umm. totally immortal no. There is alot that could go wrong nuclear war, a rogue asteroid the LHC (just kidding bout that last one). Say that everything goes fine for a while. Five billion years go by and the sun expands into a red giant or goes nova youll get one helluva tan after your done chillin in the sun you'll float in space forever. After a few more trillion years entropy will reach it's maximum and everything everywhere will be the same. I suppose you could extrapolate out and you may land on a habital world the next time the univrse forms . But as a general rule no immortality would suck after a few million years.
0 Replies

Mikepom45

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 12:54 am
Yes, I'd become immortal. We are born and we live our short lifes. If we survive, the mistakes we make along the way, and live along life. We try to share that which have learned with the young before old age takes that knowledge from us. But the young do not listen and are destined to make the same mistakes. If I were immortal, Id devote myself to study. Study of every philosophy, culture, profession, and art there is in the world.
Think if the knowledge and experience of a human beings life, was not lost or didn't have to be retaught to the next generation. We as a specises could increase our knowledge, wisdom and understanding of each other and the world around us to new levels. We could raise the bar on those we term skilled and masters in every discipline.
0 Replies

Edgemaster

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 09:07 am
@Taliesin181,
Hell yes!
I have wanted immortality for years.
just to wander the planet and see the advancement of technology...and occasionally kill people for no reason other then entertainment.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 09:34 am
It is a biological fact that everyone already IS immortal.
When we have out of body experiences, that part of us that
is permanent gets out of the shell and re-enters.

So-called "death" is only molting,
like a lobster dropping off his exoskeleton.
Then he grows.

People who have returned from "death"
have complained that the human body is too cramped,
like getting stuffed into a mayonaise jar.

The question of:
Quote:
Would you become immortal, if you had the choice?
arises from the mis-identification of the human body with the person himself,
who uses it, like a motorist uses his car.

(Note: I just got back from a convention of the International Association of Near Death Studies,
www.IANDS.org
in Durham, North Carolina, where there were quite a few people who have returned from death of the human body
and several medical doctors who are studying [and publishing] the phenomenon. It was refreshing.)

David
0 Replies