Bill007

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 07:53 pm
In reading about the events leading up to the Trojan War, the Apple of Discord was 'tossed out' at the wedding of Peleus and Thetis, Achilles parents. Now if Achilles was born after this then how is it that he was a young adult and established warrior during the Trojan War which I assume happened shortly after this event? And how is it his adult son took revenge on Paris after Paris slew Achilles? That's a lot of time unaccounted for. I know the myths don't always follow logical timelines but I was wondering if I missed something or have misunderstood something when reading this particular account. Any clarification would be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,287 • Replies: 2
No top replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 12:23 am
@Bill007,
Some time had passed from the tossing of the Golden Apple of Discord, Paris' subsequent judgement of the goddesses, Paris' seduction and carrying off of Helen and eventually the Trojan War. By that time Achilles' son, Neoptolemos, was a teenager. It was King Priam that he slew. Philoctetes, son of King Poeas of Meliboea, killed Paris.
Bill007

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 05:46 pm
@InfraBlue,
That would mean a minimum of 30 years passed between the wedding and Paris finally getting Helen.
Thanks for the clarification on King Priam by the way.
0 Replies