Met someone while traveling abroad? Now he won't respond to my messages?

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 05:51 pm
I met someone while traveling abroad and we both really hit it off. We hung out with each other for about two weeks and got to know each other... or at least I thought. We live on different continents and I think we both knew that this wouldn't go anywhere. However, he encouraged me to come visit him in his country since I would be around the area for a weeks over the summer.

After we went our own separate ways we maintained contact for about two weeks. I then messaged him one day to make plans for my visiting him. He has yet to respond and it's been over a week. I understand that things change and that maybe he's moved on which is totally okay. I'm just upset by the fact that he hasn't given me an answer. Honestly I would be okay if he said no but I feel like leaving someone in the dark is kinda rude. Even though we weren't anything serious we still spent time together and shared some intimate moments. I guess I'm just dissapointed. I don't want to make assumptions and accuse him of anything. I know people get busy or start dating other people. I just feel like an answer would be nice.

So, I'm debating about whether or not to send him another message just to check in and see if he's okay. I dont want to come off as clingy or pushy but I feel like I deserve a response. What are your thoughts about this?

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 06:02 pm
@Nomudnolotus,
Forget it.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 06:08 pm
@Nomudnolotus,
You got your answer - it's a no.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 06:26 pm
@Nomudnolotus,
Nomudnolotus wrote:
I feel like I deserve a response.

nope

he doesn't owe you anything

it would be nice and courteous to get a response - but you don't deserve a response

__

let it go

if he responds before you leave on the trip, that's nice, but ... leave it alone
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 06:48 pm
@Nomudnolotus,
I might send one more message. Then I would agree with the other responses.

0 Replies

D45ist

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 09:38 pm
@Nomudnolotus,
Maybe he was just being polite when he asked you to come visit. Maybe he's met someone. Maybe you were just a holiday fling.

What is wrong with young people today? When and how did you fail to gain any self respect? If someone doesn't respond to your first text, YOU ARE DONE!

That you would text more than once, or even think about him enough to post in a forum after he failed to respond apppals and frightens me.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2017 08:11 am
@Nomudnolotus,
Do you deserve anything? No

Is this guy being rude? Yes

Do you want to continue a friendship with somebody that exhibits this behavior?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2017 11:28 am
@Nomudnolotus,
I agree with Max - I will text him one more time - maybe it got accidentally deleted or he missed it - it didn't get through or something.

More than likely it is a no - but just in case I would re-send your text or send one just saying hi.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2017 09:12 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
I agree with Max...

Careful Linkat, you are going to get yourself a reputation.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2017 03:04 am
He's not interested.

Can you accept that it was nothing more than a vacation relationship and he wants to keep it that way?
0 Replies