Indeed, you MUST!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 03:19 pm
@Olivier5,
Now it's getting silly
Olivier5

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 03:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
There's been much sillyness in this thread, Finn, possibly right from the start.

It is quite silly to believe everyone on earth shares the exact same hierarchy of values, or is irrational, for one.
Glennn

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 03:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
It would have been, as it is for every woman, her decision

Nothing more has been claimed on this end.
Quote:
The most specious and absurd claim of Pro-choicers is that those who are opposed to abortion are motivated by a desire to control womens' bodies.

Any effort to take the choice away from a woman when it comes to how she deals with her own bodily function can hardly be seen as anything other than an attempt to control her even if the desire to control her is based on pure emotion, the result is the same.
Quote:
they simply don't believe that abortion is the proper response since it means the end of an innocent life.

The innocence of something that was never born is also an idea based on emotion.
Glennn

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 03:47 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
It is quite silly to believe everyone on earth shares the exact same hierarchy of values, or is irrational, for one.

Your sentence is less than clear. But anyway, I would say that it is silly to believe that it is only our cultural indoctrination that causes us to view child marriage and female genital mutilation as serving any purpose for the female. I mention this because another in this thread has not only made that claim, but has also determined that any condemnation of those things constitutes bigotry.
Glennn

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 03:51 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
That's a strawman though.

So what is the straw man you are referring to?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 03:56 pm
@Glennn,
I think my sentence was crystal clear. Maybe you don't want to understand it.
Glennn

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 04:59 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
I think my sentence was crystal clear.

I understand that to be true.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 07:52 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Any effort to take the choice away from a woman when it comes to how she deals with her own bodily function can hardly be seen as anything other than an attempt to control her even if the desire to control her is based on pure emotion, the result is the same.

We don't let people murder their family members, neighbors, strangers et al. An attempt to control them? I guess so. An attempt to control their bodies? I don't think so. There is as much emotion in your argument as any on the Pro-life side.

Quote:
they simply don't believe that abortion is the proper response since it means the end of an innocent life.

The innocence of something that was never born is also an idea based on emotion.
[/quote]

Perhaps you're different (although I doubt it) but the argument that a fetus is simply a lump of tissue until some seminal date when a few scientists say they can feel pain is primarily one of emotion as well... despite the fact that it is masked as entirely rational.

Pro-choicers regularly scream (literally) in the faces of those who disagree with them. It's a silly charade that the Pro-choice position is emotionless.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 08:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The most egregious irrational attack from the pro-choice side is the claim that being against abortion is an "attack on women".

The issue is clearly a moral issue, the question being at what point a fetus is a human being. There is room for disagreement, but to fit this emotional moral issue into a convenient narrative is anti-intellectual.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 08:16 pm
@maxdancona,
Obviously I agree
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 08:25 pm
@Glennn,
So Glennn, did you check the rule book on what women can and cannot be permitted to think or do? I have a few questions that I would like to submit to a male A2K person so that it can be properly vetted and I can be advised on how not to offend the superior gender. Please help.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 08:35 pm
@glitterbag,
Waaah...Poor oppressed female! Crying or Very sad

News flash: A woman cannot conceive a child without some assistance from a male. Please explain why men can't have an opinion on abortion?

A man and a woman get married and have three lovely children. They buy a house in suburbia and by all accounts build themselves a wonderful life. The man, however, at age 35 decides he is bored and wants excitement. He quits his job and takes up with one woman after another. Eventually he simply leaves his family altogether.

The woman tries to use all legal means available her to force the man to at least financially support his family.

Shrewish harridan trying to tell the man what he can or can't do with his life?
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 08:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
An attempt to control them? I guess so. An attempt to control their bodies? I don't think so.

You want to draw a distinction between controlling someone and controlling their body. Explain.
Quote:
There is as much emotion in your argument as any on the Pro-life side.

I understand that you will interpret my point of view on this issue as a display of emotion. There is no basis for your interpretation.
Quote:
Perhaps you're different (although I doubt it) but the argument that a fetus is simply a lump of tissue until some seminal date when a few scientists say they can feel pain is primarily one of emotion as well... despite the fact that it is masked as entirely rational.

Because of your emotional mindset, you will always regard any information that is contrary to what you want to believe about the nature of the fetus as evidence of the mask of some sort. It's just a rational point of view.
Quote:
Pro-choicers regularly scream (literally) in the faces of those who disagree with them.

You are also predisposed to believe that I would deny that some pro-choicers are not prone to emotional displays. You have no basis for such a belief, but you still hold it.
Quote:
It's a silly charade that the Pro-choice position is emotionless

It's also a silly charade to believe that the anti-abortion position is emotionless. So what's your point?

Also, I've never said that pr
Glennn

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 08:50 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The most egregious irrational attack from the pro-choice side is the claim that being against abortion is an "attack on women".

Just don't get in their way, and no one will see you as attacking them.

I see that now you've shifted your sympathies away from fetuses and onto the egregiously attacked anti-abortion people. So many victims in your book.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 08:52 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
So Glennn, did you check the rule book on what women can and cannot be permitted to think or do? I have a few questions that I would like to submit to a male A2K person so that it can be properly vetted and I can be advised on how not to offend the superior gender. Please help.

Glitterbag, where did you get the idea that men are the superior gender. There is no one here, other than you, who is saying anything close to this. I think maybe you don't understand what the word "equality" means. You can challenge the opinion of someone who is equal to you.

There are lots of women who disagree with you. Do you consider them your equals? Can a man disagree with you without "oppressing" you? Can you disagree with a man without "oppressing" him? Equality does go both ways.

White liberal women have an ideological bubble. There are many things with which I agree with them, and some things I don't. I have no problem White liberal women expressing their opinions just like anyone else can. I object to the idea that disagreeing with White liberal women is a form of oppression. And I think that the narrative is taken way to far even when it disagrees with facts.

The ability to look at an issue from more than one point of view is the opposite of bigotry.

Glennn

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 08:55 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
So Glennn, did you check the rule book on what women can and cannot be permitted to think or do?

Indeed I did. Apparently, you were not out of line to ask a question. However, I was concerned for you wellbeing because you admitted to laughing out loud at what I had said. But then I remembered that we're not in Turkey . . . thank god.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/29/turkish-minister-women-laugh-loud-bulent-arinc
Glennn

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 09:03 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Can a man disagree with you without "oppressing" you?

As long as he doesn't attempt to make her bend to his will, there's no problem.
Quote:
Can you disagree with a man without "oppressing" him?

As long as she doesn't attempt to make him bend to her will, there's no problem. Why do you ask?

Oh ****! I just spoke for Glitterbag, didn't I?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 09:05 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
An attempt to control them? I guess so. An attempt to control their bodies? I don't think so.

You want to draw a distinction between controlling someone and controlling their body. Explain.

Not really but blame me for anticipating your retort. There is no difference. I assume you have no problem controlling the body of a would be murderer, when "murder" meets your definition.

Quote:
I understand that you will interpret my point of view on this issue as a display of emotion. There is no basis for your interpretation.

Your response is personal and that's fine. The basis for my interpretation is years of debating this issue with Pro-choicers and almost always having to leave the field because of their raging emotional response. As I wrote, you may be different. I doubt it but I certainly accept the possibility.

[
Quote:
Because of your emotional mindset, you will always regard any information that is contrary to what you want to believe about the nature of the fetus as evidence of the mask of some sort. It's just a rational point of view.

It's just as "rational" a point of view to believe that a fetus is a human. Have you had kids? If you have, were you irrational to call the developing fetus in your womb a baby? Do you think that your your son and daughter were not who they are today; 10 days after conception? If you aborted them could they possibly have ever existed?

Quote:
You are also predisposed to believe that I would deny that some pro-choicers are not prone to emotional displays. You have no basis for such a belief, but you still hold it.

Perhaps not. I do think you are a horse of a different color. Maybe you are as emotionless as you would have us believe.

My point is that both sides have equal degrees of emotion and rationality. This is not an issue either side can contend is an open and shut case. My objection is to any absolute dismissal of with side of the argument.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 09:08 pm
@maxdancona,
Again with the white liberal women? My question was for Glennn, he made a joke a while back and I was building on it. I know your antenna is alway up looking for more evidence that women are out of control and secret feminists who plot to take over the world, but for Christ sake, don't you ever take a breath? You piss me off when you insist I have views I don't have, and you piss me and a ton of other women off when you presume to speak for women. Only a ninny would think all women are identical or never disagree....and you are beginning to strike me as a gigantic ninny. You and your fixation on white, educated, liberal women.....and you're not making a sexist remark, you are putting a voice to stupid. Stop with the whiny, it make you look like the anti-intellectual .

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 10:28:24