Republicans are going to vote to repeal Obamacare

D45ist

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 07:43 pm
@Blickers,
We had to in order to attract the right kind of employee. It was expected. We picked up 50% of the cost. That was expected too.

Now, we don't have to because Obama made it manadatory that the individual buy it. People don't even expect it anymore.

But, I would still rather go back to the old way. Lower costs, better coverage and more importantly I wasn't forced by his highness to buy something.
Blickers

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 09:06 pm
@D45ist ,
Let me get this straight. Are you trying to claim that Obamacare forbid you from having a health care plan for your employees?
Sorry, that's baloney. Plenty of people have health care plans through their work.

You must think of yourself as a terribly clever person who thinks he can nuance a sentence in such a way that he can seem to be saying something and but, when called on it, will be able to say he wasn't saying that at all.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 11:02 pm
@Blickers,
You're suffering from myopia.
Quote:
Wapo obamacare repeal draft defunds planned parenthood

and
Quote:
The American Health Care Act AKA TrumpCare (before the Amendments) had a price tag that came in under the ACA according to the Congressional Budget Office, saving $337 billion over the decade (according to their first report). However, it did this by leaving 52 million without coverage by 2026 (it increases the uninsured by 24 million by 2026 for a total of 52 million). The cost and uninsured rate are subject to change based on changes to the bill.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2017 04:04 pm
The Senate GOP health bill in one sentence: poor people pay more for worse insurance
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2017 04:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
The important issue being that the "savings" will go to the rich. Their taxes will be reduced.
The USA is the only developed country without a universal health care.
Thanks to the GOP.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2017 04:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Excuse me while I vomit.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2017 01:25 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

So we consider you as being on record that the government shouldn't do anything about guaranteeing middle class or poor people health care, only the wealthy should get it because they've shown some employer that they deserve it?

You are putting words in my mouth. I am only pointing out why cadillac health care, in my opinion, has been used to maintain a quality work force in large corporations. Mediocare/average health care has nothing to do with what I was talking about. Make false accusations with someone else. By the way, indigent people get health care in hospitals. It is just that the poorer masses would like to eliminate the "humiliation," so to speak, of going to an emergency room for health care. I do not speak to that, nor do I have an opinion. Please do not extrapolate what I say to reflect opinions I do not have. I do not do that with you.
Foofie

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2017 01:28 pm
@D45ist ,
D45ist wrote:

We had to in order to attract the right kind of employee. It was expected. We picked up 50% of the cost. That was expected too.

Now, we don't have to because Obama made it manadatory that the individual buy it. People don't even expect it anymore.

But, I would still rather go back to the old way. Lower costs, better coverage and more importantly I wasn't forced by his highness to buy something.

Such veracity.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2017 03:09 pm
@Foofie,
Quote Foofie:
Quote:
Make false accusations with someone else.

I'm not making false accusations when I say that your post essentially says the government should not do anything to guarantee health care to the poor and middle class. These two sentences from your post lead to that conclusion:
Quote:
It's all about keeping America more innovative and dynamic than global competition. This country was never for the masses to fat cat. For that one should be in Scandanavia.

In the above quote, you are clearly saying the poor and middle class who expect the government to require that they get quality health care are acting like "fat cats".
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2017 09:15 pm
Ted Cruz says the bill is not conservative enough for him to vote for it. He is the one politician I think may out crazy Trump.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
According to most townhall meetings, most people like ACA. Even some GOP members of congress know that most people like and want to keep their ACA.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/207671/affordable-care-act-gains-majority-approval-first-time.aspx
6.4 million signed up for Obamacare. And more are signing up.
55% of Americans approve of ACA.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 12:33 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Quote Foofie:
Quote:
Make false accusations with someone else.

I'm not making false accusations when I say that your post essentially says the government should not do anything to guarantee health care to the poor and middle class. These two sentences from your post lead to that conclusion:
Quote:
It's all about keeping America more innovative and dynamic than global competition. This country was never for the masses to fat cat. For that one should be in Scandanavia.

In the above quote, you are clearly saying the poor and middle class who expect the government to require that they get quality health care are acting like "fat cats".

If you reread my original post:
"Based on the need to let into the country the educated and talented, large corporations maintained cadillac health insurance plans for their employees, as a way to minimize employee turnover for those they wanted to keep in the organization. In my opinion, that is why corporate America does not want single payer national health care. Those expatriates from wherever would then job hop. It's all about keeping America more innovative and dynamic than global competition. This country was never for the masses to fat cat. For that one should be in Scandanavia. "

I am clearly talking about what large corporations could want. Not anything about what people of nominal means think, act, etc. It's a comment about the reality that "insured" health care is not an entitlement. No reason to imply anything about my preferences, since I have none. I only report what I perceive are facts. And please explain why so many posts of different posters take everything to a personal level, since a person's opinions are of no value, unless the intent of posting is to show that one has the moral high ground. Obtaining the moral high ground is not the intent of a thread.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 03:03 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
It's a comment about the reality that "insured" health care is not an entitlement.

Most developed countries and some poor countries have universal health care.
List of countries with universal health care: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_universal_health_care

Like education, health care should be anyone's right provided by the government. It sort of is, because anyone walking into an emergency room must be treated. The problem with that regulation is that cost goes up to take care of non-emergency treatments. Health care should take precedence over many other government spending. As a citizen, I wouldn't mind paying more in taxes to ensure health care for every one, but especially children.
Blickers

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 07:46 pm
@Foofie,
Quote Foofie:
Quote:

The first sentence I can see can be interpreted as explaining what the corporate interests want. The second and third sentence refers to the mass of people as "fat cats" in regard to health care, and as phrased, indicates the author does not think the majority of people deserve affordable, quality health care. The third sentence says that such a concept is for Scandinavians, not Americans.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 11:33 am
@Blickers,
Why you can't trust Trump.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-vs-medicaid-191623643.html
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2017 12:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

...Like education, health care should be anyone's right provided by the government. It sort of is, because anyone walking into an emergency room must be treated. The problem with that regulation is that cost goes up to take care of non-emergency treatments. Health care should take precedence over many other government spending. As a citizen, I wouldn't mind paying more in taxes to ensure health care for every one, but especially children.

Bully for you and your opinion. You seem to be judging what society should consider a "right." I do not take such license.
Foofie

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2017 12:50 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Quote Foofie:
Quote:

The first sentence I can see can be interpreted as explaining what the corporate interests want. The second and third sentence refers to the mass of people as "fat cats" in regard to health care, and as phrased, indicates the author does not think the majority of people deserve affordable, quality health care. The third sentence says that such a concept is for Scandinavians, not Americans.

It does not matter what "the author" thinks, unless the opinion is illegal. So, you need to take umbrage with someone who is pugnacious, I am not.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2017 12:54 pm
@Foofie,
It's not license. It's an opinion, not judgement. You need to study the Constitution.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2017 01:42 pm
@Foofie,
Quote Foofie:
Quote:
It does not matter what "the author" thinks, unless the opinion is illegal.

This is a message board, not a legal proceeding. When someone responds to a poster's message, they are responding to what the poster seems to be thinking. That's what I did.
Foofie

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2017 02:05 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Quote Foofie:
Quote:
It does not matter what "the author" thinks, unless the opinion is illegal.

This is a message board, not a legal proceeding. When someone responds to a poster's message, they are responding to what the poster seems to be thinking. That's what I did.

So, I can ignore your response.