Is the universe infinite in size and eternal in time ?

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 10:29 am
Is the universe infinite in size and eternal in time?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,505 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 10:55 am
@Alan McDougall,
Oh yes.

...like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel. Why, it's never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 11:58 am
@Alan McDougall,
What bothers me about the idea of infinity, if anything that can happen will happen, then any situation anywhere will exist in infinite numbers simultaneously. Thus there might be an infinite number of Dales chattin' with an infinite nmber of Als, another infinite number identical except in which "chattin' " is spelled out
Alan McDougall

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 12:59 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

What bothers me about the idea of infinity, if anything that can happen will happen, then any situation anywhere will exist in infinite numbers simultaneously. Thus there might be an infinite number of Dales chattin' with an infinite number of Als, another infinite number identical except in which "chattin' " is spelt out
A billion trillion Alan McDougall’s

One day I found myself walking down a long road and as I made each step or movement I could feel a billion trillion other selves moving off infinitesimally forming different versions of me.

Who amongst this infinity of Alan McDougall’s was the original? Was it I that walked the path faintly aware of ghostly other Alan McDougall’s reaching outward, inward and in every at every speed, through all eternal time frames in an infinity of directions into different eternities, multiple other dimensions.

I saw heavens planes and universes so strange that my other selfs were great beings of light and other versions of me were made up of darkness from translucent, to opaque, and then colourful and finally monochrome.

We Alan McDougall’s after a trillion billion epochs of time will come together and merge into one great being.

I saw different aspects of myself stretching out with me in the middle and all my other companion selves gathering around my central point like an immense uncountable crowd of similar Alan McDougall's, stretching out into the far distant infinite night and day, light and dark, monochrome and blazing colours.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2017 01:00 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Of course Al, my conclusion depends on the supposition that the rules are the same everywhere
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2017 09:06 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Oh yes.

...like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel. Why, it's never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel.

I really like that song! But can't remember the title could you thus please tell me what it so that I can download it for my MP3 player
0 Replies