Damn He for Eating

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 03:10 am
A 14 year old boy died on Thursday, November 11th, after having received 85 lashes; according to the ruling of the Mullah judge of the public circuit court in the town of Sanandadj he was guilty of breaking his fast during the month of Ramadan.

The Kurdish site Rojeh´heh Lât reports that the young man´s identity has not been disclosed. He was scheduled for burial on Saturday, November 13th (after 3 days at the local morgue), in the cemetery of Beheshteh Mohammadi in Sanandadj. However due to the public´s realization of the events surrounding the boy´s circumstances the cemetery was stormed [in protest] and his burial did not take place.

According to informed sources, supervisors have instructed that the burial take place in the presence of his closest relatives, surveyed by security forces.

http://www.iranpressnews.com/english/source/001327.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 983 • Replies: 12
No top replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 06:25 pm
Eatin is a sin, but killing a faithful servant of God - is apperantly justice and pious.

Sheesh.

TTF
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 03:46 am
thethinkfactory wrote:
Eatin is a sin, but killing a faithful servant of God - is apperantly justice and pious.

Sheesh.

TTF

Thank you for your moral outrage.

I was expecting more from some of the others -- but I guess they save that for more important issues like the ten commandments on government property.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 03:58 am
CerealKiller wrote:
thethinkfactory wrote:

Sheesh.

TTF

Thank you for your moral outrage.

I was expecting more from some of the others -- but I guess they save that for more important issues like the ten commandments on government property.

Au contraire mon ami!!

I AM outraged. We're talking a 14 year old BOY who was hungry for christs sake!! Are NOT the persons responsible for the lashings getting any type of justice served to them at all?? Aren't there any laws in Sanandadj against murder?? WTF...he was a little boy!!! I can only hope his lashers eat $hit and die themselves.....A$$holes, every one of them.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 04:00 am
F*cking f*cking Mullah f*cking judge.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 04:03 am
Hey, CK.

Truly a horrible story!

I always try to find a silver lining...so...lemme give it a shot:

This is certainly not the most disgusting thing people have ever done in the name of "the love of God."

Interesting signature line you've got there!
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 04:03 am
Maybe you can wiggle your nose and turn them into cow muffins, Serena. :wink:
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 04:13 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Hey, CK.

Truly a horrible story!

This is certainly not the most disgusting thing people have ever done in the name of "the love of God."

I know Frank and thank you for taking a moment to calm me down. I'm soon becoming a mother to an 11 year old boy. I remember my own son being a young boy and he is now 25! Crimes against children, even in the name of God or religion still perplex and outrage and horrify me. Better use of law can come through punishing real criminals in my opinion.

What so about the sig line? Pray tell if you will....
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 04:14 am
CerealKiller wrote:

That's Samantha to you. Smile But cow muffins are a good idea. You think that would be good enough for them though?
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 04:19 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Hey, CK.

Truly a horrible story!

Thanks Frank.

I always enjoy your posts. I think some of your thoughts about "belief" and "faith" border on brilliance. They have given me reason to question what I thought I "believed". I think we know very little with absolute certainty and...

"I don't know the answer to Ultimate Reality Questions"...

seems like a very reasonable answer to those questions if someone is being honest with themselves.

Hard to think of something more despicable that killing a child for whatever reason.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 04:21 am
Lady J wrote:
CerealKiller wrote:

That's Samantha to you. Smile But cow muffins are a good idea. You think that would be good enough for them though?

Probably not. It would be a disservice to cow muffins everywhere.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 04:39 am
CerealKiller wrote:
Lady J wrote:
CerealKiller wrote:

Probably not. It would be a disservice to cow muffins everywhere.

Thank you! I love you for that! Heck, this country girl has tossed cow muffins....although here we call them pies. Bigger cows you think? Hmm...maybe less fiber. And yes, California does still have country believe it or not! :wink:
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 05:03 am
Frank...thank you again...it's bedtime for this Bonzo.

Good workaday to you, sir. Smile
0 Replies