Terrell Owens is the biggest a-hole in the league...discuss

cjhsa

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 09:03 pm
People always hate winners...especially Cowpie fans...you an illegal alien dboy? They love them Cowpies.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 09:48 pm
Laughing "Cowpie" Laughing
0 Replies

dboy3587

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 05:06 pm
cowboys loosing woodson.....Sad
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 09:40 pm
dboy3587 wrote:
cowboys loosing woodson.....Sad

Cowboys losing a liability.
0 Replies

dboy3587

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 09:30 pm
packers got owned by vikings
0 Replies

BenDover

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 06:11 pm
i cant stand T.O. i was glad when he broke his leg
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 05:43 pm
What did he do to you for you to actually be glad that he broke his leg?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 11:14 pm
My response precisely. Being glad someone is injured is lousy.

I don't think Terrell Owens is really in the top ten of NFL a*holes. He came back to play a spectacular game in a losing cause in the Super Bowl.

Keyshawn Johnson-now there's an a*hole. He takes a pile of money to go to Tampa Bay-and does nothing for several years.

Once, when the Bucs wee playing the Colts, Marvin Harrison was having a slow start. When Harrison finally caught a pass-a simple five yarder late in the second quarter-Keyshawn was seen going up and down the sidelines, mocking Harrison and sarcastically pronouncing him "The best receiver in the league" over and over.

Well, Harrison went on to have a great season, and Keyshawn, due to his attitude and nonproduction on the field, gets cut five games before the end of the season. Not traded. Cut.

And this was the clown who was trying to mock on Harrison.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:07 am
One thing to be siad in Terrell Owens's partial defense-I certainly cannot defend everything he has said.

Owens had to sit on the bench while Jerry Rice's career wound down. Considering his career and what he has meant to the 49ers, nobody could bring themselves to bench Rice or moved the focus sway from him as long as he was still productive. So Owens sat on the bench or labored on as the second option.

This might be a factor in his attention grabbing antics and statements. It might have had something to do with his intense criticism of quarterback Jeff Garcia, whose style is suited to short passes, not the long throws that Owens excels on.

Whatever else you want to say about the fellow, he delivers big time on the field.
0 Replies

dboy3587

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:44 pm
T.O
LOOK at TO NOW he cant get along with his team. wow is this guy an ass
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:55 pm
Two sides to every story.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 07:02 am
That's true, eoe, and the problems Terrell Owens has now comes from contract negotiations. He felt underutilized in San Francisco, and he may have been right. But now he's acting up because he doesn't like his contract negotiations.

Owens would appear to have the ideal situation in Philadelphia playing wise. The team is willing to make him the star of the offense, he has a quarterback who can get him the ball deep, (the way Owens likes it), and the team's perpetually strong defense ensures that Owen's offense has plenty of opportunities to score.

If he doesn't make it in Philadelphia, there is a good chance that other teams will figure he won't be able to make it on any team, despite his talent.
0 Replies

OperaGhost

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 08:40 pm
kelticwizard wrote:

If he doesn't make it in Philadelphia, there is a good chance that other teams will figure he won't be able to make it on any team, despite his talent.

I agree, I think he's just acted up too many times. Then again, some teams don't seem to mind players who do this. All I know is I'm sick of hearing him gripe about everything.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 08:52 pm
OperaGhost wrote:
I agree, I think he's just acted up too many times. Then again, some teams don't seem to mind players who do this.
Yes and no. Take a look at Keyshawn Johnson. Same type of receiver, same attitude, etc. Tampa Bay let him go, and his value was severely reduced. Fortunately, Keyshawn was able to hook back up with Bill Parcells, his old coach with the Jets and with whom he had no visible problems.

Terrell Owens, however, burned his bridges in San Francisoco. Everybody from the coach on down was sick of him. If Philadelphia lets him go, he doesn't have a coach out there who still likes him and will be glad to have him on the team like Keyshawn did. Besides, despite some mouth, Keyshawn did well with the Jets-he only bombed in Tampa Bay.

If Terrell Owens gets cut by Philadelphia, then it will be TWO teams he bombed on. I predict that if Philly gives him the heave-ho, any new team he signs with will give him close to minimum salary and make him a backup to start the year. They will not trust him enough to build an offense around him. It will be up to to Terrell Owens to earn the trust of the coach and team before they let him start.
0 Replies

OperaGhost

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 09:12 pm
Good point kelticwizard. I had forgotten about how much he blasted on SF.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 12:09 am
I disagree, KW. I think there will still be some team out there who will pay him a shitload of cash to do his thing. Maybe they won't be jumping to sign him to multi-year deals, but there will be someone who will pay him at least close to what he wants. He's that good.

He's a complete dick, but an incredibly talented one.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 10:08 pm
Hmmmm....some guys hate a player because he celebrates. I hope none of you are wrestling fans.
Talk about self-love!
<barfs>
0 Replies

OperaGhost

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 10:22 pm
candidone1 wrote:
Hmmmm....some guys hate a player because he celebrates. I hope none of you are wrestling fans.
Talk about self-love!
<barfs>

LOL
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 12:44 am
turns out Terrell Owens ~is~ the biggest a-hole in the league...
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 03:14 am
What did he do? The only time we get NFL news here is when someone flops...I mean when there's a wardrobe malfunction and the fundies go boonta.

On edit - ignore this I saw the other thread.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 01:04:36