Terrell Owens is the biggest a-hole in the league...discuss

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 12:18 am
Well, then. Now as to the 49'ers, I hear they are doing poorly...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 08:38 am
Yes, and it's making the children's eyes fill up with tears. Well, the Child anyway. :wink:
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 04:17 pm
kickycan wrote:
Child of the Light wrote:

Let me ask you one question in response to this. Is Kobe Bryant an a**hole in your opinion?

Kobe isn't an asshole, he is a piece of ****...Not even deserving life, I hate him a lot.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 04:17 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Yes, and it's making the children's eyes fill up with tears. Well, the Child anyway. :wink:

I am actually very excited about the draft...We are gonna have such a high pick!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 04:30 pm
kickycan wrote:

Let me ask you one question in response to this. Is Kobe Bryant an a**hole in your opinion?

Kobe isn't an ****, he is a piece of ****...Not even deserving life, I hate him a lot.

Laughing Aaaah, now I see. Maybe I should change this thread to "Terrell Owens is the biggest piece of **** in the league...discuss".
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 04:52 pm
Terrell Owens and Tiki Barber are the reasons I am in first in my fantasy league.

Whoda thunk it.
0 Replies

acpaulse

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 12:56 pm
Terrell Owens is a very talented football player. He puts up big numbers each week no matter who his team is playing. He has yet to be shut down. People watch football games for entertainment, and T.O. is entertaining. Sports have always had bad boys, and i think that overall they can be good for the sport. How many people have watched an Eagles game this year just because of T.O.? I bet that there have been quite a few. Some people follow sports for the scandels, some people follow sports to see great players play. Is T.O. an A-hole? He may be, but he delivers great entertainment to everyone.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 01:33 pm
So I guess we've established that it's fun to watch a$$holes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 09:26 pm
I don't think you have established that logically. It happens, though, that many who are superb are also ... assholes.
But it is a failure of logic to predict ashholedom.

Plus, even the guys at the crunch of promotion...
are real people.
And most of those real people are not
assholes.
0 Replies

Json 23

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 07:02 pm
Terrell Owens
First, T.O isnt an ahole. Hes just cocky, and he should be allowed to be cokcy very cocky. Hes the best Reciever in the game. some of his celebrations are a little much , but if any one should be able to gte away with it its t.o, now for biggest ahole easily Ricky Williams, for what he did to the dolphins.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 08:07 pm
many people equate cockiness with a-holiness...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 10:06 pm
Why are all these a-holes we're talking about black men? Only black men can be a-holes? No cocky white guys in sports? Hispanics? Asians?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 10:20 pm
Oooh, I have no doubt there are some white a-holes. Baseball comes to mind..
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:31 pm
What a relief! The world of a-holes, I thought, was a multi-cultural one.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:40 pm
Well, I used to follow sports closely but have paid virtually no attention for about a decade, so I can't name immediate possibilites. But, hey, Ty Cobb was sort of famous for it. Hmmm, Tommy Bolt the golfer had at least a raging temper.
I can imagine that various golfers - rather white for most of the history of the game - have been hard to be around.
Trolling my mind for old names. Thinking... pitchers...

I am blanking on the guy they won't let into the Hall of Fame, the inveterate bettor. Well, stupid, of course, but I am not sure he was an a-hole past that.

Oh, gee, then there's tennis...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:41 pm
And then there's the coaching fraternity. I doubt I'd like Tarkanian in person.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:43 pm
Pete Rose.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 12:01 am
Of course, there you are.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 12:08 am
I missed what T. Owens offense seems to be - is it grandstanding in the end zone? Well, I gather he is a player who does it extravagantly, but he isn't the first.

I used to like Payton, and some others.. Meggett? they acted like they'd been in the endzone before. So did (or does) Rice, I think. SF teams used to not grandstand, mostly.

In any case, it's a culture of celebration that many people have participated in. If it is anathema to the game, then there should be strictures against it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 06:05 am
Id imagine that any fan of any team from nY is, this year, needing to vent. I, for one, am happy thatt Rush limbaughs pronouncements about Mcnabb has been shoved up hizown ass. Hes a d bag, Id rather have an a*hole near me than a d'bag any day.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 06:41:05