Who's Your Favorite 80's Metal Band?

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:39 pm
basck to the college of musical knowledge for you kicky Randy Rhodes was Ozzys guitarist in the very beginning of his solo career....he's the one that was killed in the plane crash incident...there was also Jake E Lee....another great guitarist...Zak Wylde has been with Ozzy a long time and also leads Black Label Society
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:39 pm
ha! <too slappy>

Randy Rhodes!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:40 pm
Cinderella was definitely strictly formula...although I'll allow that a couple of their tunes were sort of catchy...all sizzle and no steak though....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:41 pm
Cinderealla was awful....what do you want, I was like 12.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:42 pm
Oh yeah, I forgot, you're still wet behind the ears.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:43 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
basck to the college of musical knowledge for you kicky Randy Rhodes was Ozzys guitarist in the very beginning of his solo career....he's the one that was killed in the plane crash incident...there was also Jake E Lee....another great guitarist...Zak Wylde has been with Ozzy a long time and also leads Black Label Society

Jake E Lee! That's who I was thinking of! The drugs must have taken their toll...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:44 pm
alright, what about the ladies.....? Lita Ford?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:45 pm
What about Heart? They had some hard songs later on.

And, and speaking of ladies - has anyone mentioned Poison? I liked Poison.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:45 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Cinderealla was awful....what do you want, I was like 12.

If we're going to talk awful we can't leave out a few bands that were, as pure musicians, awful but still I liked 'em...Twisted Sister and Kiss......of course to this day you forgive KISS anythign they might lack technically when you see 'em.....they're still bad ass.....and Twisted Sister...well they knew how to write the rock anthems.....and don't forget Quiet Riot who actually were pretty good players AND had the first number one metal song ever on Billboard "Metal Health"

And we forget a genre...cock rock...... Poison baby.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:47 pm
Littlek Joan Jett and the Blackhearts....they could rock when they wanted to....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:48 pm
I always thought of them as almost punk rock. They could rock, though. I wish I'd seen them.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:54 pm
they did blur the line between rock and punk although pop punk would be more like it...you certainly couldn't compare them to the Dead Boys, the pistols, Black Flag......but I saw them a couple of times, my buddy who is Kiss' lighting director also did Joan Jett for many years they could rock pretty hard....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:55 pm
I always liked Anthrax.

Ok, so I'm not the only one that thought KISS sucked.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:56 pm
they went downhill a little without Joey Belladonna I thought......
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:56 pm
No, KISS sucked, but they were fun!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:58 pm
Were you one of the 20,000 or so women? You know what I'm sayin'.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:58 pm
littlek wrote:
No, KISS sucked, but they were fun!

If you'd like to see some really good KISS lighting shots through the years and also some Slayer, Joan Jett, Posion and others, go to my friends web site www.bryanhartley.com This guy used to follow my band around and crash at my house back in the day. He's really done well. Very talented and a great guy, but I digress.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:59 pm
hahahaha, no. I never saw them live. There was a great interview with Gene Simons that Terry Gross from NPR did. It was a riot - he totally threw her off-kilter.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:01 pm
I saw Kiss on their last tour before they took off the make-up--I think "I Love It Loud" was the big song.

That might have been the best concert I ever saw.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:07 pm
oddly, I think Motorhead was the best concert I saw. It's odd because there was no stage show beyond a green lightbulb that they turned on for one song. I think it was great because it was in a small venue, I was with people I adored who adored me as much as they did Motorhead. We were close enough to touch Lemmy's legs.
0 Replies