Who's Your Favorite 80's Metal Band?

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 08:46 pm
Each band member writes chapters...those guys did some seriously balls to the wall f'd up things.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 08:55 pm
hnh.

I did read Crazy From The Heat by D L Roth.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 08:57 pm
I also liked Iron Maiden alot...Metallica, who I just saw a week or two ago. Great live show.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:03 pm
Did anyone mention Haircut 100 yet?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:08 pm
kickycan wrote:
Did anyone mention Haircut 100 yet?

sorry fellas but haircut 100 and bon jovi do not apply here.....

I differentiate between hard rock and metal and hair metal and I agree AC/DC were hard rock, crue glam, priest and maiden true metal.....gnr hard rock...but Dave era VH sort of crossed over into all those categories IMO..until Sammy that is...then they just sucked.....Ozzy in all his incarnations was metal....and the Sabs were the blueprint for all of them.....I think believe it or not, with the right push from John the Beatles could have been metal pioneers...listen to I Want You She's So Heavy and then listen to Soundgarden for instance.....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:12 pm
I was kidding about Haircut 100. I know it's not 80's but would you consider Korn to be a metal band? I guess they're more of an offshoot...good stuff though.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:18 pm
Korn is nu metal.....I like 'em...but in the newer music I like what they would now call melodic metal i.e. with singers who actually sing melody lines...not cookie monster vocals....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:18 pm
Kicky, read the title bud. Korn isn't 80's.

Korn is a form of metal though, yes.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:24 pm
Sorry, I just got tickets to see them next month. Couldn't help but mention 'em.

Okay, then who remembers Slaughter? They had that one great song, "Fly To The Angels". Remember that one? Loved that song.

And by the way, the answer to your earlier question, Bear, is Bon Scott. He was the man!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:25 pm
I've never seen Korn, but would definitely want to go.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:28 pm
Whitesnake...I loved Whitesnake...and Dokken, liked them pretty well, Scorps too.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:30 pm
See, I don't know how to classify sabbath. It's all dark, it's heavy, but is it metal? I kind of think of sabbath as the beginings of metal. Ozzy took it to metal late in their mutal history and then his solo stuff with the kid guitar player (forget his name) was metal (crazy train).
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:32 pm
littlek wrote:
See, I don't know how to classify sabbath. It's all dark, it's heavy, but is it metal? I kind of think of sabbath as the beginings of metal. Ozzy took it to metal late in their mutal history and then his solo stuff with the kid guitar player (forget his name) was metal (crazy train).

Oh no make no mistake the Sabs were the blueprint for metal.....then Priest blueprinted the two guitar metal attack.....the Sabs are the Grandfathers of Heavy Metal.......
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:35 pm
Ok, we agree on that.

I foprgot about the scorpions - I liked them a lot. White Snake was good, it was sort of more mature metal. Good stuff. I even liked a few Ratt songs.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:36 pm
littlek wrote:

Wasn't that Zak Wylde? I don't know if I'm even spelling his name right, but I think it was him.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:37 pm
mmmm, no?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:37 pm
Ratt...Stephen Pearcy is the worst front man ever to come down the pike in my opinion...go to stephenpearcy.com and you can download some video clips...the guy has nothing I mean nothing.....
having said that, we cover Round and Round in our tribute band...it's mandatory....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:38 pm
Yep, that's the song.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:39 pm
I used to listen to Ratt, Cinderella, LA Guns, Megadeth, a little Slayer, and even...Winger.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:39 pm
Speaking of bad - what about cinderella?
0 Replies